What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 *STREAMING DEFENSES*..... (early season special) (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
There are a few of us glutton-for-punishment sickos here, that spend all of our early picks on skill position players, and essentially get a DST dead last.
(Unless something crazy happens a couple rounds early)

Has any of us amongst us spent any time examining early season schedules for defenses currently not in the top 10?
For arguments sake, lets start with weeks 1-3. (After week 3 or 4, you can start to see defenses come together a bit more, and which "completely off the map defenses" are doing better than expected)

I have a few I might snag in the next to last couple of rounds if they fall....that may turn out better than anticipated.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - Week 1 @home vs TEN..... Week 2 @ CAR..... Week 3 @ A Jordan Love led GB..... Week 4 @home vs TB

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - Week 1 @ IND..... Week 2 @home vs KC (yikes).....Week 3 @home vs HOU..... Week 4 @home vs ATL (Week 2 you might steer clear)

WASHINGTON REDSKINS/COMMANDERS - Their first 7 games are decent actually. Week 1 @home vs AZ..... Week 2 @ DEN..... Week 3 @home vs BUF (yikes)..... Week 4 @ Philly (yikes)...... but then it opens up again. Week 5 @home vs CHI (Thursday night game)..... Week 6 @ ATL..... Week 7 @ NYG..... Week 9 @ NE..... Week 10 @home vs NYG.

These are a few deeper dives, and I believe all these are ranked outside the top 10 defenses at this point.

Admittedly I haven't poured over every schedule yet, just slowly going through them.

What else are you guys seeing that I may be overlooking?

I am planning on targeting whomever is playing HOU, TB, LAR, ARI, TEN, IND, WAS at home.

New Orleans plays bottom rated offenses in 7 of the first 8 weeks of the season. However, they also play 5 away games during that same stretch.

My home league draft is tomorrow so I was coming on here to see what others have to say.
Week 1 matchups I like are: BAL (v HOU), WAS (v ARI), MIN (v TB)
Week 2, most of the target matchups are at home: NYG (@ ARI), CHI (@ TB)
I dedicate 2 roster spots to DST. Sometimes I get an anchor and cherry pick the weeks I need to stream. Other times, I use both for streaming, picking the matchup 2 weeks in advance.

Just a quick bump to say I put my money where my mouth is...............
In my biggest yearly redraft, I just nabbed the Commanders with my 2nd to last pick.
All the others I was looking for went much earlier.

Lets see how this Washington experience is. :wall:

Was trying for NO and WAS in week 1 but they were snagged right before me. Got Denver though. I'm ok with them against LV week 1. After that it doesn't seem too useful if the potential of their opponents lives up.

Arizona is shaping up to be THAT team that everyone needs to start against. So with that said:

2023 Arizona Cardinals schedule
Week 1: at Washington Commanders (Sept. 10), 10 a.m. Arizona time, Fox
Week 2: New York Giants (Sept. 17), 1:05 p.m., Fox
Week 3: Dallas Cowboys (Sept. 24), 1:25 p.m., Fox
Week 4: at San Francisco 49ers (Oct. 1), 1:25 p.m., Fox
Week 5: Cincinnati Bengals (Oct. 8), 1:05 p.m., Fox
Week 6: at Los Angeles Rams (Oct. 15), 1:25 p.m., Fox
Week 7: at Seattle Seahawks (Oct. 22), 1:05 p.m., Fox
Week 8: Baltimore Ravens (Oct. 29), 1:25 p.m., CBS
Week 9: at Cleveland Browns (Nov. 5), 11 a.m., CBS
Week 10: Atlanta Falcons (Nov. 12), 2:05 p.m., CBS
Week 11: at Houston Texans (Nov. 19), 11 a.m., CBS
Week 12: Los Angeles Rams (Nov. 26), 2:05 p.m., Fox
Week 13: at Pittsburgh Steelers (Dec. 3), 11 a.m., CBS
Week 14: BYE (Dec. 10)
Week 15: San Francisco 49ers (Dec. 17), 2:05 p.m., CBS
Week 16: at Chicago Bears (Dec. 24), 2:25 p.m., Fox
Week 17: at Philadelphia Eagles (Dec. 31), 11 a.m., Fox

Grab what you can a week or two early because your league mates will as well.

Was trying for NO and WAS in week 1 but they were snagged right before me. Got Denver though. I'm ok with them against LV week 1. After that it doesn't seem too useful if the potential of their opponents lives up.

Yeah I'd been hoping for NO but someone took them 2nd D off the board in the 8th round. Completely unexpected but I guess the word is out.

Users who are viewing this thread