What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Barack Obama FBG campaign headquarters *** (4 Viewers)

Just want to keep you guys updated, since my vote this morning, I've voted 4 other times. Twice as scooby doo, once as Fred Flintstone, and once as Tony Romo.

Go Obama!

:unsure:

Some portions of this post might have been wholly fictional.

You know, listening to those statements in context, they weren't as bad as I had originally thought.
Pathetic statement.Try to remove your head sometime soon
I tend to agree with bigbottom. I listened to whole 9/11 sermon and found much of it very moving. I'm assuming you listened to the whole thing too right?
I seriously don't get it either.As has been mentioned ad nauseum, many white fundy preachers have said much the same thing. But then, of course, they were not angry black men.

Bubbles said:
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;His truth is marching on.Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His truth is marching on.
Why are you spamming all of the threads?

This story cracked me up:

I decided to spend an hour this afternoon making phone calls for the Obama campaign, and picked up my list via the website. I wanted to call Virginia, because I think it is the most important swing state, and also because I'm on West Coast time, and it would be about 7 pm there. About 20 calls in, I left a message for this one woman, and a couple of minutes later she called me back. She must have picked up my number off caller i.d... She asked why I was calling, and I said "I'm volunteering from the Obama campaign, and am calling to ask you to vote." She laughed a great laugh and said, "That's what I'm doing, too, and I was on the phone so didn't answer!"

I voted for McCain today. I voted for Obama in the primary and thought I was firmly in the Obama camp for the election. But in the last month, the strains on my own small business made it impossible for me to ignore Obama's tax and health care plans. I know he'll win, and I'm hoping for the best and think overall he'll do a great job, but he didn't get my vote.

Anybody have a nice 1 page at a glance sheet I can printout for tonight?
A glance sheet of what?Newsweek has a nice "what to look for" article written by Nate Silver. LINK.

Something like that?
Something that shows all the EV by state and perhaps the poll data leading in as the networks don't really show that. I'm sort of building one myself, but I know somebody out there has put something together in a nice neat package. I'd also like to track the key senate races. I assume this won't get much media time though.

We are having guests over so it's sort of rude to sit there with a laptop open.

Serving "real america" food.

Fried green tomatoes

Meatloaf muffins

Mashed potatoes

Green beans

Apple Pie

A glance sheet of what?Newsweek has a nice "what to look for" article written by Nate Silver. LINK.

Something like that?
Something that shows all the EV by state and perhaps the poll data leading in as the networks don't really show that. I'm sort of building one myself, but I know somebody out there has put something together in a nice neat package. I'd also like to track the key senate races. I assume this won't get much media time though.
Try both fivethirtyeight.com (though it's hard for me to believe that anyone from these boards doesn't know that site by now) and 270towin.com (this is a great site as it allows you to change the colors of each state to look at different scenarios).

I voted for McCain today. I voted for Obama in the primary and thought I was firmly in the Obama camp for the election. But in the last month, the strains on my own small business made it impossible for me to ignore Obama's tax and health care plans. I know he'll win, and I'm hoping for the best and think overall he'll do a great job, but he didn't get my vote.
:lmao: What exactly in Obama's plan scared you away? Note i am not picking a fight here, i am legitimately interested in what you found.

Orange Crush said:
culdeus said:
Orange Crush said:
culdeus said:

Something like that?
Try both fivethirtyeight.com (though it's hard for me to believe that anyone from these boards doesn't know that site by now) and 270towin.com (this is a great site as it allows you to change the colors of each state to look at different scenarios).
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ma...s_mccain/?map=5

Orange Crush said:
culdeus said:
Orange Crush said:
culdeus said:

Something like that?
good to use both RCP and 538 as they lean right and left respectively. nice to get a balanced look at things

Orange Crush said:
culdeus said:
Orange Crush said:
culdeus said:

Something like that?
good to use both RCP and 538 as they lean right and left respectively. nice to get a balanced look at things
Nice to see that RCP has Obama over 270, even without Ohio, VA, NC, or Florida being out of the tossup column.

Nice to see that RCP has Obama over 270, even without Ohio, VA, NC, or Florida being out of the tossup column.
You're gonna have to work a lot harder to keep certain people down after tonight's results are declared. Who are you planning to hold down next?

I think you guys are wasting your money. When you look at the primary list, he's down in too many states. He's way down in California, New York, New Jersey, just to name a few. By Tuesday night, it will probably be over. I don't like that much, but isn't it reality?
I don't usually bump old posts, but this one is impossible to resist.

Someone has to and likely will ask it. Could Hillary have blown out McCain like this? At the time she said her electability would have carried her in more states than McCain. There were only a tiny handful of hrc supporters on here so probably not the right place to ask.

Someone has to and likely will ask it. Could Hillary have blown out McCain like this? At the time she said her electability would have carried her in more states than McCain. There were only a tiny handful of hrc supporters on here so probably not the right place to ask.
NoHillary could not have rallied people the way Obama has. SOME people, sure, but not this many people. Also, if Hillary was in the race, McCain would not have hamstrung himself with the Palin selection, and alienated the middle.

NoHillary could not have rallied people the way Obama has. SOME people, sure, but not this many people. Also, if Hillary was in the race, McCain would not have hamstrung himself with the Palin selection, and alienated the middle.
I don't think that's why he picked her. McCain is candid enough about how poorly the GOP has treated him over the years (with just cause) that I think we'll learn a lot more about why she was picked over the next few weeks. Especially if the GOP wants to bury Palin like they should.

I don't think that's why he picked her.
I think it was the biggest reason he picked her. There was no good reason to pick her though, so who knows... and who knows if his explanation will even be true, or just an attempt to save face.I WOULD like to see the old candid McCain come back, and finish off his political career with a little dignity.

NoHillary could not have rallied people the way Obama has. SOME people, sure, but not this many people.

Also, if Hillary was in the race, McCain would not have hamstrung himself with the Palin selection, and alienated the middle.
I don't think that's why he picked her. McCain is candid enough about how poorly the GOP has treated him over the years (with just cause) that I think we'll learn a lot more about why she was picked over the next few weeks. Especially if the GOP wants to bury Palin like they should.
He already said why...it was a
Just turned out to be a pretty bad calculation.

I believe that everyone in the GOP was absolutely SALIVATING over the opportunity to run against Hillary. It would have been a bloodbath, and may have carried into House and Senate races also.There is a very significant portion of our population that absolutely HATES Hillary, and would have been lining up in droves to vote against her.

I would have voted for McCain over Hillary.Obama has won the confidence not only of independents, but of many conservatives and Republicans.

In my experience, Hillary really turns off conservatives and Republicans, as well as a huge fraction of independents.

I'm not sure at all that she would have beaten McCain. It would have been a lot closer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have voted for McCain over Hillary.

Obama has won the confidence not only of independents, but of many conservatives and Republicans.

In my experience, Hillary really turns off conservatives and Republicans, as well as a huge fraction of independents.

I'm not sure at all that she would have beaten McCain. It would have been a lot closer.
:pickle: 120% correct, Maurile. Would have voted McCain over Hillary...as an Independent who loathes the Clintons and their "win at all costs...no matter what we have to do or who we have to step on" attitude and actions. Also see: George W. Bush. :lmao:

I would have voted for McCain over Hillary.Obama has won the confidence not only of independents, but of many conservatives and Republicans.

I would have been third party myself or McCain if he had picked a better running mate.

I would have voted for McCain over Hillary.

Obama has won the confidence not only of independents, but of many conservatives and Republicans.

:thumbup: 120% correct, Maurile. Would have voted McCain over Hillary...as an Independent who loathes the Clintons and their "win at all costs...no matter what we have to do or who we have to step on" attitude and actions. Also see: George W. Bush. :unsure:
Also see: McCain '08

Users who are viewing this thread