What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Barack Obama FBG campaign headquarters *** (3 Viewers)

Also see: McCain '08
I stand corrected. I wasn't going to go there, but...... :thumbup: :unsure:I liked the McCain of 2000....a LOT. Then Bush/Rove used the best of the best smear tactics to keep him from the nomination. McCain got another shot in 2008, but instead of running an honorable, "maverick" style of campaign, he learned the Bush/Rove lesson a little TOO well. Only hopefully in the next 6-8 hours, people will learn that the politics of Bush/Rove (and Clinton) didn't work in this particular election cycle...

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone has to and likely will ask it. Could Hillary have blown out McCain like this? At the time she said her electability would have carried her in more states than McCain. There were only a tiny handful of hrc supporters on here so probably not the right place to ask.
I would have voted for McCain over Hillary.Obama has won the confidence not only of independents, but of many conservatives and Republicans.

In my experience, Hillary really turns off conservatives and Republicans, as well as a huge fraction of independents.

I'm not sure at all that she would have beaten McCain. It would have been a lot closer.
This was clearly not the popular view expressed during the primary season. But, Hillary had a very good chance of losing this election, given her negatives. Obama's appeal reached far and wide into areas Hillary could have never tapped into.ETA: I voted Obama. Would have voted for McCain over Hillary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have voted for McCain over Hillary.

Obama has won the confidence not only of independents, but of many conservatives and Republicans.

In my experience, Hillary really turns off conservatives and Republicans, as well as a huge fraction of independents.

I'm not sure at all that she would have beaten McCain. It would have been a lot closer.
:porked: 120% correct, Maurile. Would have voted McCain over Hillary
Me three, Palin or no Palin

With 2% in, Obama is slightly ahead of McCain in Indiana. Keep an eye on this one; if Obama wins Indiana, there's no way McCain can win the election.

Wow. Did anyone with a better memory than me (or tivo) just catch Bill Bennett gushing over what a great candidate Obama was?

Barack Obama's path to the nomination: 1 Red State at a time.
Obama wouldn't win NY and CA handily against McCain?? Puh-leaseHillary Clinton's path to the nomination: Delegate counts be damned, I'm taking this thing by hook or by crook.
When he comes within 5-7 points in traditional red states rather than getting blown out by 15, I hope it makes you feel better when Florida goes red, Pennsylvania goes red, and Ohio goes red. New Jersey could even be in play.Pretending that Obama is going to significantly alter the electoral map is just another pipe dream of the Obama campaign.
:rolleyes:

Barack Obama is on target to win Ohio, Iowa and New Mexico, CNN projects. Those three states went for President Bush in 2004. No Republican has ever become president without winning Ohio.

Should old acquaintance be forgot,

and never brought to mind ?

Should old acquaintance be forgot,

and old lang syne ?

For auld lang syne, my dear,

for auld lang syne,

we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,

for auld lang syne.

And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !

And surely I’ll buy mine !

And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,

for auld lang syne.

for auld lang syne,

for auld lang syne.

We two have run about the slopes,

and picked the daisies fine ;

But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,

since auld lang syne.

for auld lang syne,

for auld lang syne.

We two have paddled in the stream,

from morning sun till dine† ;

But seas between us broad have roared

since auld lang syne.

for auld lang syne,

for auld lang syne.

And there’s a hand my trusty friend !

And give us a hand o’ thine !

And we’ll take a right good-will draught,

for auld lang syne.

:unsure: :lmao: :lmao:

Congratulations to all the people here who supported Obama through thick and thin: Tgunz, Mr. Ham, Scoobygang, Orange Crush, Groovus, Colbalt27, Homer Simpson, Bigbottom, JZilla etc.

And most especially Adonis, for all the work he did on behalf of his candidate.

You guys earned it. Enjoy. I hope he's a great President. I'll certainly root for him to be.

Congratulations to all the people here who supported Obama through thick and thin: Tgunz, Mr. Ham, Scoobygang, Orange Crush, Groovus, Colbalt27, Homer Simpson, Bigbottom, JZilla etc.
I was pretty late to the party. But I'll take some props anyway.Hats off to you for your class shown throughout all the political drama here

Congratulations to all the people here who supported Obama through thick and thin: Tgunz, Mr. Ham, Scoobygang, Orange Crush, Groovus, Colbalt27, Homer Simpson, Bigbottom, JZilla etc.And most especially Adonis, for all the work he did on behalf of his candidate.You guys earned it. Enjoy. I hope he's a great President. I'll certainly root for him to be.
:scared:

Congratulations to all the people here who supported Obama through thick and thin: Tgunz, Mr. Ham, Scoobygang, Orange Crush, Groovus, Colbalt27, Homer Simpson, Bigbottom, JZilla etc.And most especially Adonis, for all the work he did on behalf of his candidate.You guys earned it. Enjoy. I hope he's a great President. I'll certainly root for him to be.
:thumbup:You're a good egg, tim.

:thumbup: Good work all.

NorvilleBarnes said:
:angry:
:confused:

NorvilleBarnes said:
:(
I can't remember everyone. You and Sulla are part of the "etc." So are a bunch of others who slip my mind at the moment.

My biggest fear is that people think it's over now, and that they'll stop. Hopefully we can roll this enthusiasm into something much bigger than an election.

NorvilleBarnes said:
:confused:
I can't remember everyone. You and Sulla are part of the "etc." So are a bunch of others who slip my mind at the moment.
It's all good. :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread