What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl XLIII Game Thread - Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardina (2 Viewers)

WHAT DID OBAMA HAVE TO DO WITH THE STEELERS WINNING TONIGHT?
Steeler cry "YES WE CAN!"
"Yes we can hire tax cheats?"
It's this kind of comment that makes me thankful we finally have a competent President. With Bush, we were complaining about torture and war criminals. Now all people can do is complain that some guy didn't pay enough taxes. Bush, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, and Cheney killed thousands of Americans and destroyed the economy, but OMG OBAMA HIRED A TAX CHEAT! It's a good time to be an American.
some guy?you don't think the position he wants to give him, is at all a part of what the conversation is/

bostonfred said:
It's a shame that the Pittsburgh has two fake championships. I'd hope if I were a Pittsburgh fan that I could at least be proud of something they had done.
All you Patriots fans still need to thank your lucky stars for the awful officiating in their SB win over the Rams, so you guys of all people shouldn't be talking about another teams' supposed fake championships. HTH.

Last edited by a moderator:
thatguy said:
CrossEyed said:
thatguy said:
poopdawg said:
thatguy said:
belljr said:
Don said:
His knee lands on Fitzgerald but his helmut lands in the endzone before the ball crosses the line. BLOWN CALL. Should be 1st and goal from the 2 inch line with 1 second left.
Helmet does not make a player down...
Yes it does.
Check the rulebook pal. Youre dead wrong here. Thanks for playing though.
I'm fairly certain a player is down if any part of his body other than his hands or his feet touch the ground - that would include his helmet. Could be wrong, but I don't think so. If you have a link that proves otherwise, please provide.
I'd have to look at it again, but his helmet hit in the endzone so a pretty good chance the ball had already broke the plane.
I'm not really arguing the play, I'm arguing the rule. As far as I'm concerned, Harrison was in before his helmet touched the ground.
After checking on TIVO the ball was not over the goal line. However, there was 1 or 2 seconds left on the clock. If they get 3 points instead of 7 there we are heading into overtime.

I'm sure glad the Vikes didn't hire Tomlin for the head coaching position. :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't know how to celebrate a Super Bowl win. I think we'd all have an :no: look on our faces.

Why was Holmes not flagged for using the ball as a prop in the celebration.

Other than the fact that the refs were in the tank for the Steelers, that is.
andy, you're joking right?
Sorta. There were definitely a couple, shall we say "dubious" calls.
I completely agree. the cromartie face mask, dansby roughing the passer and the running into the holder calls all leade to 3 pts and a huge chunk of clock off the 3rd qtr, but the cards overcame those horrific calls (and Warner's TD before the half) and took the lead. It was the defense who allowed the Steelers to get that TD, not the refs. I was pissed too, but the cards overcame it and had the chance to win, but they couldn't hold it. sorry, the Steelers earned the win.

bostonfred said:
It's a shame that the Pittsburgh has two fake championships. I'd hope if I were a Pittsburgh fan that I could at least be proud of something they had done.
All you Patriots fans still need to thank your lucky stars for the awful officiating in their SB win over the Rams, so you guys of all people shouldn't be talking about another teams' supposed fake championships. HTH.
Don't forget the "tuck" game against the Raiders. The single worst call in the history of pro football.

bostonfred said:
Anybody remember the song "Bitter Creek" by the Eagles?

It's this kind of comment that makes me thankful we finally have a competent President. With Bush, we were complaining about torture and war criminals. Now all people can do is complain that some guy didn't pay enough taxes. Bush, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, and Cheney killed thousands of Americans and destroyed the economy, but OMG OBAMA HIRED A TAX CHEAT! It's a good time to be an American.
some guy?you don't think the position he wants to give him, is at all a part of what the conversation is/
How does it even compare to the way Bush nearly destroyed America? It doesn't. You anti-American Republicans lost. Put away your freedom fries, get to work, and watch what happens when a real man runs the country.

How does it even compare to the way Bush nearly destroyed America? It doesn't. You anti-American Republicans lost. Put away your freedom fries, get to work, and watch what happens when a real man runs the country.
Please go away.

Also, if they reviewed that last Kurt Warner pass attempt and overturned it there would have been a 15 yard penalty tacked on to it thanks to Harrison taking off his helmet like an idiot. Yes?

bostonfred said:
Don't forget the "tuck" game against the Raiders. The single worst call in the history of pro football.
I was there. It was pretty sweet actually.

bostonfred said:
I was there. It was pretty sweet actually.
And it was against the Raiders. Enough said. That franchise can't be kicked when it's down often enough.

thatguy said:
CrossEyed said:
thatguy said:
poopdawg said:
thatguy said:
belljr said:
Don said:
His knee lands on Fitzgerald but his helmut lands in the endzone before the ball crosses the line. BLOWN CALL. Should be 1st and goal from the 2 inch line with 1 second left.
Helmet does not make a player down...
Yes it does.
Check the rulebook pal. Youre dead wrong here. Thanks for playing though.
I'm fairly certain a player is down if any part of his body other than his hands or his feet touch the ground - that would include his helmet. Could be wrong, but I don't think so. If you have a link that proves otherwise, please provide.
I'd have to look at it again, but his helmet hit in the endzone so a pretty good chance the ball had already broke the plane.
I'm not really arguing the play, I'm arguing the rule. As far as I'm concerned, Harrison was in before his helmet touched the ground.
After checking on TIVO the ball was not over the goal line. However, there was 1 or 2 seconds left on the clock. If they get 3 points instead of 7 there we are heading into overtime.
:own3d: I couldn't tell for sure, but it looked doubtful to me. Not enough to overturn, but enough to give more to whine about.

:own3d: this could be fun, in the FFA. :unsure:

I'm sure glad the Vikes didn't hire Tomlin for the head coaching position. :own3d:I'm pretty sure we wouldn't know how to celebrate a Super Bowl win. I think we'd all have an :unsure: look on our faces.
And Packer fans are glad the Vikes didn't hire Tomlin. Good luck with Childress! ;)
:banned:
Hey, Wisconsin folks had to suffer through is days at UW too. I remember calling my buddies and cheering when the Vikes wouldn't let him leave town (to visit GB) without signing a contract. We all knew that it was a victory - for the Pack. Of course, I didn't expect McCarthy to get hired instead, but hey, anybody is better than Childress. ;)

Please go away.
Classy stuff, guy.

Can we stop all the "Ben isn't a very good QB" talk now?
Why?
Oh, I don't know. Maybe because he's become one of the best clutch QBs in the league and now has 2 rings?
How did he get the two rings?
Well, let's see. The first one he got after putting his team on his back for three road playoff games. And the second he got after putting his team on his back in the last two minutes of the SB.

bostonfred said:
bostonfred said:
:own3d:
I'm sure in your world, Jesus rode the dinosaurs to the championship. My dad, who doesn't even watch football, said, I don't understand how the Steelers can grab so many faskmasks and win, it doesn't make sense, but it's over. They're not playing no more. So congrats on that.
lol

bostonfred said:
bostonfred said:
:own3d:
I'm sure in your world, Jesus rode the dinosaurs to the championship. My dad, who doesn't even watch football, said, I don't understand how the Steelers can grab so many faskmasks and win, it doesn't make sense, but it's over. They're not playing no more. So congrats on that.
lol
Indeed.

Please go away.
Classy stuff, guy.
You are the one spreading the political propaganda in a Super Bowl thread. Class obviously didn't make it to your part of North Dakota yet along with running water, electricity etc.

Users who are viewing this thread