What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl XLIII Game Thread - Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardina (1 Viewer)

Heck of a game Cards.. not quite good enough though..

:own3d: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

SIX RINGS BABY!!! SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
bostonfred said:
bostonfred said:
It's a shame that the Pittsburgh has two fake championships. I'd hope if I were a Pittsburgh fan that I could at least be proud of something they had done.
:towelwave:
I'm sure in your world, Jesus rode the dinosaurs to the championship. My dad, who doesn't even watch football, said, I don't understand how the Steelers can grab so many faskmasks and win, it doesn't make sense, but it's over. They're not playing no more. So congrats on that.
Not surprising someone like you drags my faith into a discussion where it's completely irrelevant. Good job. :own3d:

Awesome game. I was pulling for Arizona, but only because they haven't won a Sb before. Pittsburgh just doesn't give up and roethlisberger looks like a video game QB or something. There were some iffy calls, but against both teams, crap happens.

You are the one spreading the political propaganda in a Super Bowl thread. Class obviously didn't make it to your part of North Dakota yet along with running water, electricity etc.
Be careful. I grew up across the river from Fargo. We actually called it "downwind" but you get the picture...

Can we stop all the "Ben isn't a very good QB" talk now?
Why?
Oh, I don't know. Maybe because he's become one of the best clutch QBs in the league and now has 2 rings?
How did he get the two rings?
Well, let's see. The first one he got after putting his team on his back for three road playoff games. And the second he got after putting his team on his back in the last two minutes of the SB.
He got the first ring for 3 playoff games?And the 2nd one for 2 minutes and a spectacular catch by Holmes?Hell of a case you've got going here.

bostonfred said:
bostonfred said:
It's a shame that the Pittsburgh has two fake championships. I'd hope if I were a Pittsburgh fan that I could at least be proud of something they had done.
:lmao:
I'm sure in your world, Jesus rode the dinosaurs to the championship. My dad, who doesn't even watch football, said, I don't understand how the Steelers can grab so many faskmasks and win, it doesn't make sense, but it's over. They're not playing no more. So congrats on that.
Not surprising someone like you drags my faith into a discussion where it's completely irrelevant. Good job. :shrug:
Faith is always relevant.

Those who complain about the refs should write to the league office. Better yet, don't watch the NFL, crybabies, if you haven't figured out nobody's perfect even with the technology involved.

Warner deserved the MVP, but Cards didn't deserve to win since they didn't stop Pgh in Crunch-time.

Steelers won their 6th legitimate Super Bowl. Deal with it.
The problem is they didn't use the technology that they have to determine whether they made the correct call on the most critical play of the biggest game of the year. Awful.

You are the one spreading the political propaganda in a Super Bowl thread. Class obviously didn't make it to your part of North Dakota yet along with running water, electricity etc.
Be careful. I grew up across the river from Fargo. We actually called it "downwind" but you get the picture...
I meant his particular fiefdom. Not yours gbad.
No prob. There's always the possibility that he's from WEST Fargo, in which case you'd be spot on.

No.
Super Bowl Ring totals:Big Ben - 2Any Browns active QB - 0 :shrug:
LOL @ bringing the Browns into this.
Since they don't seem like they're going to make it for awhile, I thought I'd make this discussion relevant for you.
Didn't know I wasn't allowed to post in any thread other than ones dealing with the Browns.

Why?
Oh, I don't know. Maybe because he's become one of the best clutch QBs in the league and now has 2 rings?
How did he get the two rings?
Well, let's see. The first one he got after putting his team on his back for three road playoff games. And the second he got after putting his team on his back in the last two minutes of the SB.
He got the first ring for 3 playoff games?And the 2nd one for 2 minutes and a spectacular catch by Holmes?

Hell of a case you've got going here.
21/30 for 256 yards sounds like more than a good 2 minutes.

All of this crap about NFL conspiracy for the STeelers is a complete joke and shows you how jealous people are of success not their own. If the NFL was going to conspired a championship victory, the Cardinals would have definitely won

1. NFL loves an underdog

2. Kurt Warner was man of the year and basically treated like Ghandi and Martin Luther King combined.

3. Larry Fitzgerald is someone you are can market like a Peyton Manning or Reggie Bush or LT. Not santonio Holmes or James Harrison

4. NFL loves parity.

Listen if you hate watching the STeelers win, do something about it. But leave the conspiracy theories to something more important

Damn Tomlin's wife is pretty hot.

bostonfred said:
bostonfred said:
:shrug:
how 'bout a hanky for them tears

bostonfred said:
bostonfred said:
Not surprising someone like you drags my faith into a discussion where it's completely irrelevant. Good job. :shrug:
Nice :lmao:

bostonfred said:
bostonfred said:
Nice :lmao:
Thanks. I understood what you meant.

WHAT DID OBAMA HAVE TO DO WITH THE STEELERS WINNING TONIGHT?
Steeler cry "YES WE CAN!"
"Yes we can hire tax cheats?"
It's this kind of comment that makes me thankful we finally have a competent President. With Bush, we were complaining about torture and war criminals. Now all people can do is complain that some guy didn't pay enough taxes. Bush, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, and Cheney killed thousands of Americans and destroyed the economy, but OMG OBAMA HIRED A TAX CHEAT! It's a good time to be an American.
some guy?you don't think the position he wants to give him, is at all a part of what the conversation is/
How does it even compare to the way Bush nearly destroyed America? It doesn't. You anti-American Republicans lost. Put away your freedom fries, get to work, and watch what happens when a real man runs the country.
Please go away.
Classy stuff, guy.
:shrug: :lmao:

WHAT DID OBAMA HAVE TO DO WITH THE STEELERS WINNING TONIGHT?
Steeler cry "YES WE CAN!"
"Yes we can hire tax cheats?"
It's this kind of comment that makes me thankful we finally have a competent President. With Bush, we were complaining about torture and war criminals. Now all people can do is complain that some guy didn't pay enough taxes. Bush, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, and Cheney killed thousands of Americans and destroyed the economy, but OMG OBAMA HIRED A TAX CHEAT! It's a good time to be an American.
some guy?you don't think the position he wants to give him, is at all a part of what the conversation is/
How does it even compare to the way Bush nearly destroyed America? It doesn't. You anti-American Republicans lost. Put away your freedom fries, get to work, and watch what happens when a real man runs the country.
Please go away.
:shrug:

Arians is a second-tier OC at best. That position needs an upgrade, even with all the injuries early on to the O-line as an obstacle. We fans of Pgh miss Whisenhunt, and no one is surprised he, Grimm, and that Arizona staff have turned that franchise around. They should dominate that NFC West next year. Whisenhunt doesn't seem to be the egotistical whiner Holmgren became.

Warner is HOF all the way. Roethlisberger may not be, but he is a winner and he improvises like no one else in the NFL.

I don't understand the venom directed at teams like the Pats, Ravens, Steelers, and others that play tough, winning football. Sometimes fans are just immature about this stuff. Pittsburgh had the toughest schedule in the league in 2008 and deserves credit for what it accomplished this year. This garbage about officials being bought off or incompetent is sour grapes.

Those who complain about the refs should write to the league office. Better yet, don't watch the NFL, crybabies, if you haven't figured out nobody's perfect even with the technology involved.

Warner deserved the MVP, but Cards didn't deserve to win since they didn't stop Pgh in Crunch-time.

The problem is they didn't use the technology that they have to determine whether they made the correct call on the most critical play of the biggest game of the year. Awful.
You talking about the fumble or Santonito's TD? Either way, the system was fine, and Pit won the game. Discussion over.

You talking about the fumble or Santonito's TD? Either way, the system was fine, and Pit won the game. Discussion over.
The fumble. And trust me, pal, the discussion is not over. I'll gracefully bow out, but we'll never hear the end of it. Ever.

This garbage about officials being bought off or incompetent is sour grapes.
I think a lot of people look at the Steelers past two Super Bowl wins and find quite a few questionable calls and its possible their team never seems to get these calls. The Seahawks Superbowl was the worst officiated game I have ever seen and I dont know one Steelers fan that admits that it was. So right there you have a lot of fans hating the Steelers fans. All of that being said, what won the game for the Steelers this year was not the refs. It was the 14 pt swing at the end of the 1st half plan and simple.Congrats to the Burgh!!

Oof! said:
flapgreen said:
I could care less who wins this game but this is pathetic. do they want the Steelers to win?
This in addition to the two calls against the Cards that eventually had to be overturned. Crap. Can they just make the Steelers earn one of these Super Bowls?
wow.. thats all i see is whining on pitts calls.. bad calls going both ways.. lotsa BS going on.. but it for sure aint all in favor of pitt.. holding call in endzone was bogus.. great acting job of falling down by cards player.. lotsa weak holding calls.. lotsa missed holding calls.. 3 missed blocks in back.. all these i saw against cards..BUT NOT CALLED...

Oof! said:
flapgreen said:
I could care less who wins this game but this is pathetic. do they want the Steelers to win?
This in addition to the two calls against the Cards that eventually had to be overturned. Crap. Can they just make the Steelers earn one of these Super Bowls?
wow.. thats all i see is whining on pitts calls.. bad calls going both ways.. lotsa BS going on.. but it for sure aint all in favor of pitt.. holding call in endzone was bogus.. great acting job of falling down by cards player.. lotsa weak holding calls.. lotsa missed holding calls.. 3 missed blocks in back.. all these i saw against cards..BUT NOT CALLED...

The fumble. And trust me, pal, the discussion is not over. I'll gracefully bow out, but we'll never hear the end of it. Ever.
Only if you keep bringing it up. Otherwise the game was over. Unfortunately, the Cards wouldn't have scored a TD wtih 5 seconds left to go and 50 yards from the endzone.

Ketamine Dreams said:
Wow. Also, awful tackling by the Cardinals downfield. No way should Harrison have scored.
He didn't. Great effort, but he fell short. Missed call.
HEY DREAMS..BOY.. LOOK AT REPLAY THAT WAS SHOWN 85 TIMES.. HARRISON CAME DOWN ON FITZ LEGS.. WHEN HE TOUCHED DIRT.. BALL AND HE WERE IN ENDZONE.. CLEARLY SHOWN.. SAD CARDS FAN I GUESS

Only if you keep bringing it up. Otherwise the game was over. Unfortunately, the Cards wouldn't have scored a TD wtih 5 seconds left to go and 50 yards from the endzone.
I bet all the teams that have ever lost on the final play of a game said the same thing. You just never know what could happen.

Also, if they reviewed that last Kurt Warner pass attempt and overturned it there would have been a 15 yard penalty tacked on to it thanks to Harrison taking off his helmet like an idiot. Yes?
Yup. Well swept under the rug by the refs and NBC. Pitiful ending.

I think a lot of people look at the Steelers past two Super Bowl wins and find quite a few questionable calls and its possible their team never seems to get these calls. The Seahawks Superbowl was the worst officiated game I have ever seen and I dont know one Steelers fan that admits that it was. So right there you have a lot of fans hating the Steelers fans. All of that being said, what won the game for the Steelers this year was not the refs. It was the 14 pt swing at the end of the 1st half plan and simple.Congrats to the Burgh!!
It's the worst Super Bowl officiating I've ever seen, that's for sure. But those things happen. The Seahawks didn't impress me that game with their play, and that game has nothing to do with this one as you said.Plus, I don't think the first half play ended up swinging the game at all. The Cardinals had the lead with less than two minutes left-- period. Hold the Steelers and you win. That's it. You can't just take away those first half points and have any ide ahow the game would have played out. Each move is related to the move before it. I hate spiorts comparisons to chess, but this time it applies. There's no way to tell how it would have turned out if that play hadn't happened. Since the cards had the lead, it doesn't matter.

This is what I've never understood. XL was obviously a terribly officiated game, but nobody from Pitt can ever seem to admit that maybe, just maybe, there were a few bad calls in there and maybe, just maybe, it helped them a whole hell of a lot. Maybe it's because I'm a Seahawks homer, but I didn't see this game as near as bad. That last drive was absolutely money.

It's the worst Super Bowl officiating I've ever seen, that's for sure. But those things happen. The Seahawks didn't impress me that game with their play, and that game has nothing to do with this one as you said.Plus, I don't think the first half play ended up swinging the game at all. The Cardinals had the lead with less than two minutes left-- period. Hold the Steelers and you win. That's it. You can't just take away those first half points and have any ide ahow the game would have played out. Each move is related to the move before it. I hate spiorts comparisons to chess, but this time it applies. There's no way to tell how it would have turned out if that play hadn't happened. Since the cards had the lead, it doesn't matter.
You cant be serious. No offense but thats just insane to say. The Cards go into half time with a 14-10 lead and you dont think that swings the game??

I don't have to bring it up. Others will. Again, it will never end. And so we're clear, they'd have had the ball closer to the 30 after the assessment of the 15 yard penalty. With a guy like Fitz, who knows...

Also, if they reviewed that last Kurt Warner pass attempt and overturned it there would have been a 15 yard penalty tacked on to it thanks to Harrison taking off his helmet like an idiot. Yes?
Give it up. The Steelers won, end of story.(I WAS ROOTING FOR THE CARDS)
So, you support them not even reviewing the play that clearly showed Kurt Warner's arm going forward? I see.

I don't have to bring it up. Others will. Again, it will never end. And so we're clear, they'd have had the ball closer to the 30 after the assessment of the 15 yard penalty. With a guy like Fitz, who knows...
With a pass interference, who knows? Or, how about just a simple incomplete pass...game over? That's fine, too. The bothersome part in all of this is that the refs did not do their jobs here.

Oof! said:
flapgreen said:
losta bad calls one way is what people are whining about. Most of the posters in this thread aren't Pitt or AZ fans. What they want to see is a team to earn a Superbowl win and not be given one. The Steelers have been given their last two.

Great 4th qtr here.
:shrug: After all the #####ing you've done.At least you have hockey.
Back from your suspension for the clique shtick?
I wasn't suspended, believe it or not, I just realized that I could spend my time in a manner that would benefit society. I loved the part where you #####ed about the refs.0-16.Once again, at least you have hockey.Oh, just to add, you know my favorite team just won the Super Bowl.Must be a hard concept for you to understand, but please, try to get used to it.

So, you support them not even reviewing the play that clearly showed Kurt Warner's arm going forward? I see.
Going forward without control of the ball, you mean.I was rooting for the Cards too, but that was 100% a fumble. It was so obvious to me that, until I came onto this MB, it didn't even occur to me that someone might dispute that.

I thought Woodley knocked the ball from his hand and it was a fumble but it should've been reviewed
Exactly. And, if the reviewer said that it was inconclusive or it was a fumble, that's great. They did their job. But, in the rush to get all giddy and excited and keep up with the momentum, the referees failed to do their job.Pretty-much all game long, in fact.

Oof! said:
flapgreen said:
losta bad calls one way is what people are whining about. Most of the posters in this thread aren't Pitt or AZ fans. What they want to see is a team to earn a Superbowl win and not be given one. The Steelers have been given their last two.
mr one note checks in again :shrug:

Going forward without control of the ball, you mean.I was rooting for the Cards too, but that was 100% a fumble. It was so obvious to me that, until I came onto this MB, it didn't even occur to me that someone might dispute that.
His arm was arched back and began to go forward. By definition...that is a forward pass.Even if they reviewed it and determined it wasn't...they still need to first review it.

losta bad calls one way is what people are whining about.
I'm still trying to figure out what people think are the "bad calls one way".The only bad call was the Warner non-fumble early in the second half, and that was challenged and overturned -- no harm, no foul.

Users who are viewing this thread