What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your opinion on the Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Coverage? (1 Viewer)

What's your opinion of the Travis Kelce - Taylor Swift dating coverage?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Halftime should be 13 minutes. That includes the super bowl.
Agreed. One reason I've always liked watching TV games of the NFL over college. It was even worse when they used to make us watch those damn marching bands.
Hey hey hey - I will have no marching band slander here!

My dad was a drummer in the CAL marching band 3 of his 4 years.

“Rah rah ree, kick em in the knee! Rah rah rass, kick em in the other knee!” They would chant. Corny, but hilarious.

To answer @Joe Bryant question. I think where this thread has gone is exactly why I despise Taylor Swift.

Football is an outlet for people; the only thing that I want to think about or discuss in football is football. I want to hear strategy, the Dan Campbell thread is ideal. I disagree wholeheartedly with the other side in that discussion, but it’s strictly strategy. I enjoy discussing personnel, games, etc…

This nonsense in this thread is everything I hate about this Taylor Swift garbage. I had zero opinion of her a few weeks ago, now I can’t stand her.
But shouldn't your beef be with the networks and media instead of Taylor Swift, who is a free citizen to attend events she likes as well as date who she likes?
You are correct, I hate them for it, but she’s the collateral damage. I’m certainly not alone in this.
That seems....weird. But OK.

actually sometimes takes away actual game replays to see what might have actually happened.
Could you give a single example of where this has happened?
There is only so much time between plays. If they are showing Swift in the box they are not showing replays. Therefore it takes away replays showing what just happened in the game. Now would the broadcast fill that time with some other non game replay activity? Maybe, but nonetheless showing something other than game replays takes away a chance to show game replays. It's not that complicated.

One example, is the play where Kelce caught a pass and was close to a 1st down. He was marked short of the line to gain. instead of showing a replay from a different angle to see if the spot was good they were showing Taylor in the box. KC ended up running Pacheco on 4th down to get stopped. They only showed the Kelce replay after the 4th down play as they were going to commercial to show it was a good spot. They could have done that instead of showing Swift before the play so we could get an idea if KC should have challenged or not. It took away from the in moment game viewing.

To answer @Joe Bryant question. I think where this thread has gone is exactly why I despise Taylor Swift.

Football is an outlet for people; the only thing that I want to think about or discuss in football is football. I want to hear strategy, the Dan Campbell thread is ideal. I disagree wholeheartedly with the other side in that discussion, but it’s strictly strategy. I enjoy discussing personnel, games, etc…

This nonsense in this thread is everything I hate about this Taylor Swift garbage. I had zero opinion of her a few weeks ago, now I can’t stand her.
Yet you went out of your way to click this thread and read the posts in it.

Not only that, but you're making comments on her generosity without knowing anything about it.

Wild.
Not looking good for that free grande cold brew bro.

actually sometimes takes away actual game replays to see what might have actually happened.
There is only so much time between plays. If they are showing Swift in the box they are not showing replays. Therefore it takes away replays showing what just happened in the game. Now would the broadcast fill that time with some other non game replay activity? Maybe, but nonetheless showing something other than game replays takes away a chance to show game replays. It's not that complicated.

One example, is the play where Kelce caught a pass and was close to a 1st down. He was marked short of the line to gain. instead of showing a replay from a different angle to see if the spot was good they were showing Taylor in the box. KC ended up running Pacheco on 4th down to get stopped. They only showed the Kelce replay after the 4th down play as they were going to commercial to show it was a good spot. They could have done that instead of showing Swift before the play so we could get an idea if KC should have challenged or not. It took away from the in moment game viewing.
Someone has GOT to have some sort of "average time Taylor Swift is shown on TV during Chiefs games" statistic. I think this metric will surely point out, how insane some people are acting/overreacting to like a total of 71 seconds over a 3.5 hour period.

But shouldn't your beef be with the networks and media instead of Taylor Swift, who is a free citizen to attend events she likes as well as date who she likes?
You are correct, I hate them for it, but she’s the collateral damage. I’m certainly not alone in this.
Appreciate your approval.

So you think the stadium should ban her from going and watching her boyfriend play football?

I think Joe achieved exactly what he wanted to do. The politics forum is closed so from time to time he starts post in here and the FFA that should‘ve went to the politics forum. It sometimes feels like a pattern and always helps updating the ignore list.
Candidly, it’s an honor being on someone ignore list that has a theory on the politics forum. This post kind of make you appear to be yearning for a politics forum, so we’re prob not a match anyways. Adios chief!

Don’t understand why anyone cares. If you like Kelce or Swift I guess it is good for you.

It is a minor reminder that the league is not about football. It is about entertainment and making money. But there are lots of those examples.

The love Andy Reid gets bothers me a lot more.

Someone has GOT to have some sort of "average time Taylor Swift is shown on TV during Chiefs games" statistic. I think this metric will surely point out, how insane some people are acting/overreacting to like a total of 71 seconds over a 3.5 hour period.

From the numbers people have been posting in this thread it seems like it's been a lot less than 71 seconds.

However I'm sure they'll amp it up in the Super Bowl where there are already tons of barely football fans tuning in even in a normal year, much less this year when their favorite musician is a side-story.

I am more frustrated with the lessening of replays than with Swift. I was just providing an example as asked.

Halftime should be 13 minutes. That includes the super bowl.
Agreed. One reason I've always liked watching TV games of the NFL over college. It was even worse when they used to make us watch those damn marching bands.
They should bring back halftime marching bands in states that have legalized recreational marijuana. Imagine the marching patterns.

On a side note - it really seems like they have lessened the amount of replays they show in general. Even on the controversial calls they seem to be showing less of them. There have been times when a play happens and I catch something on the peripheral and hope they show a replay to see if what I saw happened or whatever and then they spend 24 seconds with a close up of the coach or Swift or something useless. It seems to be happening more and more.
I’m old school enough to miss the days when we’d see the players coming out of the huddle, or coming out on the field for kickoff.

These days it’s so crammed in & compressed that they cut right to the players on the field & cut away to commercial pic in pic for the huddles.

To me it’s a huge distraction from the game. I like those quiet moments. They create juxtaposition to the action.

There are way way way too many commercials, which I believe both sides of the Swift debate can come together on.

I am more frustrated with the lessening of replays than with Swift. I was just providing an example as asked.
Thank you for that example, I was unaware of that. I'd be surprised if there was many other examples of this though. She is usually shown for 5 seconds after a touchdown, where they would just be showing a player cheering instead maybe. To say it takes away from the game/replays is a massive stretch.

The love Andy Reid gets bothers me a lot more.
Wait, I love Andy Reid. Is that wrong?
My opinion on this is in the vast minority I am sure, shaped by my own experiences where I have seen a parent that should have done more.

His failings as a father vastly outweigh success as a football coach for me.
A fair point. I’d forgotten about that.

I don’t know all the details, but I do know that addiction is a terrible disease and even good parents have to endure sick progeny.

I hate it, but in all fairness when Tony Romo was dating Jessica Simpson I was sick of that circus too. Even though Jessica had her assistant shop my dealership looking to buy Tony a boat. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Showing them one time at the start of the game I guess is ok, but when the player scores or makes a great play, I wanna see the reaction of the player/team/coach. I don’t want to immediately see some chick show off her bling while she’s asking someone what just happened.

What's your opinion? If any?

And yes, this gets a little off the topic of NFL Football but given the open week, we'll allow it.
There should be a weekly FBG edition, just look at the response you got here
Seriously, I said something similar in another thread where a guy like @travdogg as an example, he puts up a beautiful opening post for his rankings, maybe a page or two of replies
Swift-Kelce, 5 pages before lunch is over

The NFL is an entertainment business these days and this is a prime example.
I expect other players to use their platform and team up with more rock star females/social media darlings of a variety of different sorts and CASH IN!
Brady-Bundchen was a major power couple in the NFL for many years until they weren't.
That vacuum is being filled by others now

The NFL gets what it wants in the Super Bowl with many folks only tuning in to see what happens next in this saga
It's wall to click bait for both Swift and Kelce, they seem to be loving it

I hate it, but in all fairness when Tony Romo was dating Jessica Simpson I was sick of that circus too. Even though Jessica had her assistant shop my dealership looking to buy Tony a boat. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Showing them one time at the start of the game I guess is ok, but when the player scores or makes a great play, I wanna see the reaction of the player/team/coach. I don’t want to immediately see some chick show off her bling while she’s asking someone what just happened.
What about when they show the Mom during the Eagles/Chiefs Superbowl? That didn't seem to annoy people as much. Face it, you hate her cause she's an Eagles fan :p (kidding, kidding)

227 replies in a few hours. People love having opinions on this. Even I felt the impulse to reply.

There’s a goldmine here that the NFL and media saw immediately. It will be stripmined until there’s nothing left but a dessicated husk of an entertainment story.
I want them to have 10 kids, 5 of them NFL players, 4 musicians, and one a future presidential candidate.
:pickle:

227 replies in a few hours. People love having opinions on this. Even I felt the impulse to reply.

There’s a goldmine here that the NFL and media saw immediately. It will be stripmined until there’s nothing left but a dessicated husk of an entertainment story.
Yeah, there's no such thing as bad publicity. Even all the people who hate it, are speaking up and speaking loud and creating nothing but more interest/discussion in their product. The NFL is very smart to be playing this up.

My soon-to-be 16 yr old son, on the other hand, says he hates her, and pretends to like Kanye just to piss his sisters off.

:lmao:

This rules. No garbage-y conspiracy or political crap. Just boys and girls of a certain age, doing what they do best.

Does he intrude upon what they're doing, grab the mic, and go "I'mma let you finish, but . . ."
The part I liked most about this post was "pretends to like Kanye," because Bob trusts the reader to understand that nobody actually likes Kanye.
Ha ha. It wasn't whether or not anybody actually likes Kanye (I do like his older stuff). It was just to point out that he likes to get under their skin when it comes to TS.

He'll be getting his driver's license soon. He's already made it quite clear that when he is driving, there is to be no TS whatsoever coming out of the car speakers. My MIL & FIL just bought him a car for his 16th birthday. So, my 13 yr old daughter has been going out to his car in the morning before driving to school (he gets to drive to school with one of us adults), and writing in the dew on the windows: I LOVE TS 13 13 13.

One of the things I like about the Taylor Swift stuff is that I know I'm blithely strolling right by a bunch of inside jokes and references that I absolutely do not get, and never will get. Like, I can see a bunch of posts that seem to be riffing on what I presume is a Taylor Swift song or album or something, but it might as well be a reference to the Ottoman Empire as far I'm concerned.

One of the things I like about the Taylor Swift stuff is that I know I'm blithely strolling right by a bunch of inside jokes and references that I absolutely do not get, and never will get. Like, I can see a bunch of posts that seem to be riffing on what I presume is a Taylor Swift song or album or something, but it might as well be a reference to the Ottoman Empire as far I'm concerned.
I know little about the Ottoman Empire other than I like an Empire built around the ability to elevate your feet.

I think Joe achieved exactly what he wanted to do. The politics forum is closed so from time to time he starts post in here and the FFA that should‘ve went to the politics forum. It sometimes feels like a pattern and always helps updating the ignore list.
Candidly, it’s an honor being on someone ignore list that has a theory on the politics forum. This post kind of make you appear to be yearning for a politics forum, so we’re prob not a match anyways. Adios chief!
Well, you are not on my ignore list and I never ventured into the politics forum, so okay, I guess.
As a non US American „your“ politics are confusing anyways.

Well, you are not on my ignore list and I never ventured into the politics forum, so okay, I guess.
As a non US American „your“ politics are confusing anyways.
Apologies, thought that was directed at me. I need to step away from Taylor Swift so I'll be exiting this thread. And yes, our politics are confusing (and terrible) and somehow Taylor Swift is now a political symbol, it's insanity. My disdain for her is not political, I'm a 49ers' fan so I have other reasons, but tbh she was starting to irk me before Sunday anyways, now it's just ratcheted up a little.

I once heard the ladies at my dentist talking about how Kelce was a nobody before he met Swift. :lol: . Okay. It’s just another tangent in a tangent-rich world imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread