What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Solar Eclipse 2024 (1 Viewer)

FWIW - this site ranks the forecast accuracy of apps for a specific zip code:

3 mins 52 secs at my house. I'm already off that day. Funny thing is our local county has been warning us to stay home, there will be gridlock, make sure you have food for 3 days, expect cell phone issues etc. Then bought billboards in surrounding counties falsely claiming totality is only visible in OUR county to try to drum up visitors. :laugh:

3 mins 52 secs at my house. I'm already off that day. Funny thing is our local county has been warning us to stay home, there will be gridlock, make sure you have food for 3 days, expect cell phone issues etc. Then bought billboards in surrounding counties falsely claiming totality is only visible in OUR county to try to drum up visitors. :laugh:
We have been getting all of those warnings too.

This is silly. The forecast apps just subscribe to global models. They don't do actual forecasting.

Just go to tropicaltidbits.com if you want to shop models.

This is silly. The forecast apps just subscribe to global models. They don't do actual forecasting.

Just go to tropicaltidbits.com if you want to shop models.
No one is forcing you to use it. Have a sunny day.

The planets will be in a convenient alignment during the eclipse. Jupiter and Venus should definitely be bright enough to see with the naked eye. Mars and Saturn are also good candidates to be able to see without any observational tools. Mercury, Jupiter, and Uranus should be roughly in the 10 O'clock direction from the sun. Venus, Neptune, Saturn, and Mars would be in the 4 O'clock direction. As an added bonus comet 12P/Pons-Brook should be passing through that region of the sky as well. The image below shows the arrangement for the eclipse...

If you just like the planetary alignments, the Venus, Neptune, Saturn and Mars alignment will be visible in its closest grouping tomorrow morning (4/4) just before sunrise. you do not need an eclipse for that show.

The planets will be in a convenient alignment during the eclipse. Jupiter and Venus should definitely be bright enough to see with the naked eye. Mars and Saturn are also good candidates to be able to see without any observational tools. Mercury, Jupiter, and Uranus should be roughly in the 10 O'clock direction from the sun. Venus, Neptune, Saturn, and Mars would be in the 4 O'clock direction. As an added bonus comet 12P/Pons-Brook should be passing through that region of the sky as well. The image below shows the arrangement for the eclipse...

If you just like the planetary alignments, the Venus, Neptune, Saturn and Mars alignment will be visible in its closest grouping tomorrow morning (4/4) just before sunrise. you do not need an eclipse for that show.
Username checks out.

We have been getting all of those warnings too.
First thing I said to my wife was "Who doesn't have 3 days worth of food in their house? The way you shop at Sams club I think we have 6 months worth of food just in the pantry."

Funny as I’m on the opposite side of the state and we say the same thing, no one listens though.
I think the mayor cracked a little joke on social media, and now people are running a story that an entire town thinks a mayor can stop an eclipse.

Which makes their argument to keep people away very strong, IMO.

Funny as I’m on the opposite side of the state and we say the same thing, no one listens though.
I think the mayor cracked a little joke on social media, and now people are running a story that an entire town thinks a mayor can stop an eclipse.

think CM Burns tried something similar in Springfield.

think CM Burns tried something similar in Springfield.
Mr. Burns tried to artificially cause an eclipse. Total other side of the coin, bromigo.

Got himself shot for his troubles, too.

Traveling up to Indiana for this - but doing it with no planning, so a little nervous about what to expect.

Plan to arrive in Franklin IN about 8:30 am on Monday - there is a Wal-Mart/Lowes parking lot, and I was thinking that should have space. But I am a little worried they may close off that parking lot to avoid people like me clogging up spaces for shoppers.

ex wife informing me that I can rent out both boys "rooms" for 250 on tomorrow and that I can have a watch party in my front yard (lots of parking no trees) and charge people to set up. mind you she's reminded me of this 4/5 times in the last week. I remind her that there is more than 1 reason that we are not together. enjoy the darkness.

ex wife informing me that I can rent out both boys "rooms" for 250 on tomorrow and that I can have a watch party in my front yard (lots of parking no trees) and charge people to set up. mind you she's reminded me of this 4/5 times in the last week. I remind her that there is more than 1 reason that we are not together. enjoy the darkness.
Be careful - you may end up with a kangaroo...in your living room.

IYKYK

I’m flying out to San Antonio tomorrow. Not looking good for Monday, but, eh, I’ve never been and will still have fun over the next few days there.
Forecast not breaking positive for me. Ah well. Had been planning a visit anyway to visit my wife’s friends, and thought it would be cool to time with the eclipse. (A total eclipse is a bucket list item for me and last chance in continental US for 20 years, but YMMV). Toured The Alamo and The National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg the past couple of days. Sea World today for the kiddo to enjoy. Fun city and would return — eclipse or not.

Last edited:
So frustrating to see our NY forecast change over the last few days from mostly sunny to sun & clouds to mostly cloudy to cloudy with chance of rain.
Not a cloud in the sky today, of course.

I saw the 2017 totality in a perfect sky with thousands of people around me. Wish I could upload the video - just to hear everyone’s reactions at the moment of totality. People were shrieking. Next to the birth of my son it was easily the greatest moment of my life.

Thinking of making the long drive to Caribou, Maine later today.

Users who are viewing this thread