What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🏈🏈🏈 OFFICIAL 2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - LIVE FROM MOTOWN 🏈🏈🏈 (2 Viewers)

These teams are nuts with these qb picks
It’s so weird that 6 got drafted in the first 12 picks. And honestly I’m not even that overly impressed with ANY of them. But I’m an idiot so what do I know.
Caleb is a STUD. Shocked people don’t see it.
And yet many don't...wish him the best but he's no sure thing Never saw him take a college team to the CFP like I saw Penix and JJ do for their teams
Just saying, if he's that good, how come USC didn't have ore success?

The same reason Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Brock Purdy, Russell Wilson, and a zillion others didn't?

And how much did McCarthy "take" Michigan there? He threw for 0 TDs in 5 of his last 7 games. He had 8 pass attempts in a close game against Penn State.

He had a great game against Bama but other than that he was mostly along for the ride all year.

I love the fan bases that get a blank look on their faces and then cheer like crazy even though they clearly have no idea who the guy they drafted is
Makes me miss Radio City when the Jets fans would just boo out of habit.
Remember Eagles fans being red-in-the-face mad about the Donavan McNabb pick?
honestly, I didn't get the anger at the time. QB was a huge need

If I remember correctly it was because they passed on Ricky Williams.

I'm POSITIVE the broncos tried to jump minny for JJ.
Nah, they got the better QB
yep
LOL Nix over Mccarthy? GTFO
According to Benjamin Allbright, Nix was QB3 on Broncos board after Williams and Daniels.

I'll trust Sean Payton's QB evaluation over random internet dudes

You tell 'em baby

Dynasty superflex drafts are going to be fun!
Half-soused prelim halfway through the 1st rd. TEP:
1. Caleb
2/3. Daniels/Harrison
4. JJ
5. Maye
6. Odunze
7/8 Nix/Nabers
9. Bowers
10. Penix

I can see Dallas 2nd rnd RB maybe jumping in there and bumping Bowers or Penix down.

Bowers I had much, much higher until he went to Oakland. I didn't even consider Nix, thought he'd go 2nd round, but that helped my 1.10 rookie pick.

I love the fan bases that get a blank look on their faces and then cheer like crazy even though they clearly have no idea who the guy they drafted is
Two words: Angelo cataldi

If I remember correctly it was because they passed on Ricky Williams.
Correct

Had a feeling Latu might go 1st at Edge over Dallas Turner
Had a feeling you might say that.
If you participated or even watched the Draft thread we did a few weeks back, I actually drafted for the Falcons at 8-43-73-77 or something like that
Anyways, I took Cooper Dejean and some folks eye balls popped out of their heads...and yet somehow I knew Atlanta was going against the grain
I just didn't know they would go that far and take Penix No 8 overall

Atlanta was pegged for Dallas Turner as a much needed Edge rusher for them, truly shocked they took a QB but I felt Penix was a top tier QB in this draft class, just how I feel.

I'll trust Sean Payton's QB evaluation over random internet dudes
Because of Brees?

What other good QB's has he been right on?
And he didn't even draft Brees
Was gonna mention that but was too overwhelmed with this draft stuff and the sixers game to check. I mean he DID love Russel Wilson which was part of the reason he took the Denver job. And that worked out....
We know that some franchises seem to have bad luck drafting certain positions. Since 1983, the Broncos have only done a half-way good job at drafting a QB once (2006).

Had a feeling Latu might go 1st at Edge over Dallas Turner
Had a feeling you might say that.
If you participated or even watched the Draft thread we did a few weeks back, I actually drafted for the Falcons at 8-43-73-77 or something like that
Anyways, I took Cooper Dejean and some folks eye balls popped out of their heads...and yet somehow I knew Atlanta was going against the grain
I just didn't know they would go that far and take Penix No 8 overall

Atlanta was pegged for Dallas Turner as a much needed Edge rusher for them, truly shocked they took a QB but I felt Penix was a top tier QB in this draft class, just how I feel.
Interesting spin…

Caserio’s move for Will Anderson was scrutinized last year, but seeing how the defensive draft has gone this year, it looks genius in hindsight. One more stellar move that’ll go unseen.

as raider fan he loves the pick, as a fantasy nerd he hates it :ptts:
Not sure why. If the guy's a stud he's a stud and he'll get his. He can line up in the slot, backfield, H, all kinds of spots. He makes Meyers and Mayer look like JAGs in comparison. The RB on the roster are 2 down thumpers, he could take that role away from those donkeys too.

Users who are viewing this thread