What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (3 Viewers)

Hey, you guys remember that time a bunch of you were like "the Republicans won't confirm a SCOTUS judge who's been hit with a credible attempted rape allegation" and I was like "Oh, no, he's definitely still getting confirmed."

Haha.  Man.  Good times.

Sounds like Cersei's walk of shame on Game of Thrones behind Manchin now.

SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME

Now chants of look at us, look at us.

Don't report right away because you will be ridiculed? Made fun of? Bullied?
I'm not really sure what you're looking for.  Is there any other crime where "being ridiculed" "made fun of" or "bullied" are possible consequences for the victim?  If I leave the door to my house unlocked and somebody steals my TV, is anybody going to spray paint "dumba**" on my car?      

If you google "why women don't report" you'll find that there is a new piece written about this almost every day.  Alternatively, you can also google the recent catholic church sex scandal and ask why so many of the victims didn't come forward immediately.  Or the Michigan State gymnastics stuff.  Or the Ohio State wrestling stuff.  Or the Penn State Sandusky stuff.  Do you also wonder why those victims didn't come forward right away?  

I'm not really sure what you're looking for.  Is there any other crime where "being ridiculed" "made fun of" or "bullied" are possible consequences for the victim?  If I leave the door to my house unlocked and somebody steals my TV, is anybody going to spray paint "dumba**" on my car?      

If you google "why women don't report" you'll find that there is a new piece written about this almost every day.  Alternatively, you can also google the recent catholic church sex scandal and ask why so many of the victims didn't come forward immediately.  Or the Michigan State gymnastics stuff.  Or the Ohio State wrestling stuff.  Or the Penn State Sandusky stuff.  Do you also wonder why those victims didn't come forward right away?  
The odds of prosecuting a sexual assault the day after have to be higher than every reporting 2 days, 3 days, etc. If people don't report until 10 years later and then wonder why the person wasn't prosecuted or found guilty.....I am not sure what to say to them.

I have never been sexually assaulted, so I cant speak for them. I am just trying to understand why someone wouldn't report.

The odds of prosecuting a sexual assault the day after have to be higher than every reporting 2 days, 3 days, etc. If people don't report until 10 years later and then wonder why the person wasn't prosecuted or found guilty.....I am not sure what to say to them.

I have never been sexually assaulted, so I cant speak for them. I am just trying to understand why someone wouldn't report.
There are mountains of publications that explain this.  If you'd like to understand, read some of them.

Just opened my Panda Express fortune cookie.

"Now is the time to fulfill your dreams of traveling abroad."

Might be a good idea given the riots that are coming. 

I don't think anybody was wondering this with regards to Kavanaugh.

Quite naive but an opinion I once had when first confronted with it (as a very young adult)  There are countless reasons why it’s not reported.  Too painful, victims have literally blocked it out, fear, etc.  A non victim might logically think “if you report this could get them off the street”, but when you’ve been damaged that bad, it’s just not how they think.  

Any Democrat in West Virginia who wants his party to gain control of the Senate should vote for Manchin.
I live in WV, it’s an odd state.  You can’t win a local election if you aren’t a democrat, but nationally WV leans red.  Both parties as a whole have shifted left in the last 20 years.  I really think the current National Democratic Party is just too far left for the state, then you have Obama’s “war on coal” as I hear locally all the time. To add to this, there isn’t a huge population of energized young people Iike you have in other states.

Absolutely boiling. They stole the supreme court brazenly in front of our eyes. 
No they didn't. They lulled Democrats into a false sense of security in 2016 by nominating a guy that few took seriously, and then they out-turnout-ed the Democrats at the polls.

Now they've become emboldened and focused while Democrats continue to lack leadership and direction, and they'll use that disparity to drive an even larger turnout to the polls in November. And if Democrats don't get their act together quickly, then they're going to see Ruth Bader Ginsberg replaced with Judge Jeannie.

No they didn't. They lulled Democrats into a false sense of security in 2016 by nominating a guy that few took seriously, and then they out-turnout-ed the Democrats at the polls.

Now they've become emboldened and focused while Democrats continue to lack leadership and direction, and they'll use that disparity to drive an even larger turnout to the polls in November. And if Democrats don't get their act together quickly, then they're going to see Ruth Bader Ginsberg replaced with Judge Jeannie.
He gets it! 

Users who are viewing this thread