What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

11-22-63 (1 Viewer)

Not sure if I want to watch this or not.. I really didn't think the book was that great

I'm sure I'll give it a chance though

Loved the book and I heard that they were considering a movie or a TV series. Really disappointing to find out they did but need a Hulu subscription :thumbdown: and that James Franco is the lead :thumbdown: .

I liked the book (first 3/4 at least) but this will not prompt me to get a Hulu account. I don't like the idea of this book being stretched out over the course of multiple seasons.

And this isn't the type of story that can cover the novel's content in one season and then move beyond the novel for season 2. If they tried, the title 11-22-63 wouldn't make sense.

I actually have this book, I need to pick it up again.
You should try reading it too.
Ha, thanks, good idea, I did try, I'm going to take another shot at it...
I dug it. Not awesome. But a fun read.
I liked it a lot too, but really felt

he could have skipped a lot of the "stalking Oswald" stuff. It really added nothing, and made the last third a bit tough to take. I would even tell a first-time reader it's ok to breeze through it, as none of it is even remotely important.

I actually have this book, I need to pick it up again.
You should try reading it too.
Ha, thanks, good idea, I did try, I'm going to take another shot at it...
I dug it. Not awesome. But a fun read.
I liked it a lot too, but really felt

he could have skipped a lot of the "stalking Oswald" stuff. It really added nothing, and made the last third a bit tough to take. I would even tell a first-time reader it's ok to breeze through it, as none of it is even remotely important.
It's a big book. I can't recall the details of what I did get into but the idea intrigued me. - I do know of course that Oswald spent some very important informative years in New Orleans, and the summer before he did what he did he was here in NO, including just a couple months before the dirty deed. There is even a bar that just a few houses down from where he lived that has a marker there. I always find it the weirdest, strangest story to be a young guy, free in New Orleans, with a beautiful Russian bride, who just can't be happy, just can't relax in one of the most not-uptight, easy going towns in the world. He could have just very easily stayed here and had everything he needed and had a real shot at happiness. Sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fwiw I also saw Stephen King at a book signing when he was here, it never occurred to me at the time (a while ago now) that he may have been working on this, doing research etc. Would love to know if there is a New Orleans component to the story.

OK so I have the book and I actually have a bit of a family history related to Oswald in NO, so I would like to see this. I've never done Hulu beyond seeing some old episodes that kind of thing, is there a cost with this, or just log on and go?

Users who are viewing this thread