What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 Offseason Dynasty Trades (1 Viewer)

Made two pretty big off-season trades:

12 team league - non PPR. TD scoring with bonuses given for TD distance and total yardage over 100 rushing/receiving or 300 passing. ( scoring a little more complex than listed) starting lineup 1 QB, 1-3 RBs, 2-4 WR/TE, 1 D, 1 K

First deal - I gave up Roddy White and Jeremy Maclin and received Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Caldwell (Maclin was the difficult player to deal but in past years Fitzgerald was almost untouchable.)

Second Deal - (gave up quite a bit) Cedric Benson, 1.10, and 2011 first round pick and received Steven Jackson. (running backs get double points for receiving TD and I like Jackson's dual threat potential.)

Decided to get as many studs as possible due to poor track record drafting late in the first round.

My core team consists:

RB: Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne

QB: best match-up between McNabb/Kolb, Vince Young, and Matt Moore. One caveat to scoring is QB rushing TD worth double points.

12 team PPR, TE req.

I give: V Davis

I get: K Winslow, T Hightower (I am the Wells owner), rookie 3.3

some people have strongly hated this one. I'm cool w/ it, though. For my team, getting Hightower was worth the diff between the two TE's (which I don't see as all that huge. I don't think VD gets 13 td's every year.)

Colts Win said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Steve Smith (car) and Josh MorganFor A.BOldin
Really? I thought SS was worth a bit more than Boldin
Boldin is younger but I think steve smith is better.The unknown at QB is there for both as well as the annual is Boldin getting traded deal.Pretty even players if you ask me

12 team PPR

Team A traded: Ahmad Bradshaw/Brandon Jacobs/Donnie Avery/2.10

Team B traded: Steven Jackson/3.8

12 Team PPRTeam A traded: Larry FitzgeraldTeam B traded: Kenny Britt/Mike Sims-Walker/1.8
getting fitz for that junk is just wrong
Some are downgrading Fitz due to Warner's departure. Britt is underrated IMO. I think it's a good deal for both sides.
I don't think it's that bad a bad deal either. Are Britt and SMW really considered "junk?"
maybe not junk, but not elite talents either. It's a bunch of mediocrity for the best dynasty WR out there. Really bad trade for the team who gave away Fitzgerald.

Fact is it looks like he gave up one of the Greatest wrs ever, for.....2 unproven wrs and 1.8? will any one of the 3 players catch 100 passes and 12+ tds a year, consistantly? No because the QBs are not good and they are run first teams, no?

Dynasty - PPR - Standard Scoring - Total starters = 9 (qb, 1-4 rb, 1-4, wr, 1-4 te, k, def)

Team A gave up - Jerome Harrison, James Davis, and a 2011 3rd rd rookie pick

Team B gave up - Jerious Norwood, Danny Ware, 2010 (1.12) pick, 2011 2nd rd rookie pick

12 team PPR

Gave up: Felix Jones, 2.04

Received: 1.02, 2.02

I like Spiller and Jones about the same, and there's always the chance that Dez Bryant will fall.

The list prior to this post

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...&p=11459398

Trade #19 Fri Feb 5 5:13:21 p.m. ET 2010

Team 4 Gets Hightower

Team 9 Gets Addai, Buckhalter

Trade #20 Fri Tue Feb 9 6:57:51 p.m. ET 2010

Team 1 Gets Manningham, 1st rounder 2011

Team 9 Gets Cotchery

Trade #21 Sun Feb 14 12:55:35 a.m. ET 2010

Team 1 Gets Nicks, Knox, Rashad Jennings

Team 4 Gets Bess, 1.7, 2 1st rounders 2011

Trade #22 Tue Feb 23 2:53:41 p.m. ET 2010

Team 2 Gets DeAngelo, S. Smith (Car), Lee Evans

Team 6 Gets Reggie Bush, Slaton, Colston, Massaquoi

Trade #23 Tue Feb 23 10:08:14 p.m. ET 2010

Team 1 Gets Felix, Eli, 2.2 2010, 3.2 2010

Team 6 Gets Pierre Thomas, Crabtree, Henne

Trade #24 Wed Feb 24 12:14:18 a.m. ET 2010

Team 2 Gets Knowshon, Crabtree

Team 6 Gets DeAngelo, S. Smith (Car)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fact is it looks like he gave up one of the Greatest wrs ever, for.....2 unproven wrs and 1.8? will any one of the 3 players catch 100 passes and 12+ tds a year, consistantly? No because the QBs are not good and they are run first teams, no?
Isn't that the situation Fitz finds himself in now?
Whiz has already said they are not going to change their offense and regardless even if they do, Fitz will still get his

Isn't that the situation Fitz finds himself in now?
Whiz has already said they are not going to change their offense and regardless even if they do, Fitz will still get his
You can't catch the ball if it's thrown nowhere near you...

The list prior to this post

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...&p=11459398

Trade #19 Fri Feb 5 5:13:21 p.m. ET 2010

Team 4 Gets Hightower

Team 9 Gets Addai, Buckhalter

Trade #20 Fri Tue Feb 9 6:57:51 p.m. ET 2010

Team 1 Gets Manningham, 1st rounder 2011

Team 9 Gets Cotchery

Trade #21 Sun Feb 14 12:55:35 a.m. ET 2010

Team 1 Gets Nicks, Knox, Rashad Jennings

Team 4 Gets Bess, 1.7, 2 1st rounders 2011

Trade #22 Tue Feb 23 2:53:41 p.m. ET 2010

Team 2 Gets DeAngelo, S. Smith (Car), Lee Evans

Team 6 Gets Reggie Bush, Slaton, Colston, Massaquoi

Trade #23 Tue Feb 23 10:08:14 p.m. ET 2010

Team 1 Gets Felix, Eli, 2.2 2010, 3.2 2010

Team 6 Gets Pierre Thomas, Crabtree, Henne

Trade #24 Wed Feb 24 12:14:18 a.m. ET 2010

Team 2 Gets Knowshon, Crabtree

Team 6 Gets DeAngelo, S. Smith (Car)
Someone is overvaluing Hightower, and undervaluing Addai. Terrible trade.

I like the Fitz side personally, but when trading one elite player for 3 non-elite players (in this case, pretty good players and a nice pick), you do not need one of the three to become a 100 rec/12 TD guy (cause youre getting 3 players). If one of the players did become that, this would be an amazing deal for the team trading away Fitz.

I just gave up a lot more than everyone else in the thread recently has to get Fitzgerald:

14 team No PPR

Team A trades: Rookie 1.1, Rookie 1.13, my 2011 1st round pick, Vince Young and Leon Washington

Team B trades: Larry Fitzgerald, Matt Moore, 2011 3rd round pick

Last edited by a moderator:
I just gave up a lot more than everyone else in the thread recently has to get Fitzgerald:14 team No PPRTeam A trades: Rookie 1.1, Rookie 1.13, my 2011 1st round pick, Vince Young and Leon WashingtonTeam B trades: Larry Fitzgerald, Matt Moore, 2011 3rd round pick
RE: FitzThis was late in the regular season (not offseason), and was offered to me.Gave G. Jennings, K. BrittGot Fitz

Trade for Brees in a Zealots league dynasty w/ IDP and 4 pt per TD scoring:

I give:

M Stafford

P Thomas

L Evans

S Moss

I receive:

D. Brees

Chester Taylor

3rd rnd rookie

4th rnd rookie

Might be over paying a bit, but Brees was the #2 Overall scoring player in our league last year.

Trade for Brees in a Zealots league dynasty w/ IDP and 4 pt per TD scoring:I give:M StaffordP ThomasL EvansS MossI receive:D. BreesChester Taylor3rd rnd rookie4th rnd rookieMight be over paying a bit, but Brees was the #2 Overall scoring player in our league last year.
Depends on your other RB. If you have other capable RB you didn't overpay in my eyes based on that scoring.

Trade for Brees in a Zealots league dynasty w/ IDP and 4 pt per TD scoring:I give:M StaffordP ThomasL EvansS MossI receive:D. BreesChester Taylor3rd rnd rookie4th rnd rookieMight be over paying a bit, but Brees was the #2 Overall scoring player in our league last year.
Depends on your other RB. If you have other capable RB you didn't overpay in my eyes based on that scoring.
RB is a bit thin, with only Steven Jackson as my other startable RB. I am trying to move Matt Ryan (my old starting QB) for a RB to pair w/ Jackson. I do fear that I paid a little much, but Evans and Moss were not vital to my team (Colston and A. Johnson ahead of them w/ good depth behind), and Stafford was a pick last year that was intended to be traded eventually anyway. I do hate losing Thomas, as he was a guy I picked up very early in his career, and felt really good about having "found", but he doesn't get as many carries as I would like, and there's no PPR in this league.

12 team PPR (WCOFF lineups)

Team A gave: Felix Jones

Team B gave: Mike Wallace, Mike Thomas, Johnny Knox, Brandon Tate and a 2011 1st

Trade in same league from January (not involving my team):

Team A gave: McCoy and Hines Ward

Team B gave: Palmer, Kevin Smith and McGahee

Someone is overvaluing Hightower, and undervaluing Addai. Terrible trade.

Yeah I agree but it's the guy that had Wells so that is why he did it....

Trade last night

Trade #25 Wed Feb 24 9:06:24 p.m. ET 2010

Team 2 Gets 1.5 2010

Team 6 Gets Benson, Bernard Scott

Ernol said:
12 team PPR (WCOFF lineups)Team A gave: Felix JonesTeam B gave: Mike Wallace, Mike Thomas, Johnny Knox, Brandon Tate and a 2011 1st
Wow -- I'm as big a Felix fan as anyone, but I have to think this is a very hefty price...

This was at the end of the season (early January)....

12 Team ppr league

Team A: Felix Jones, TJ Hous & Greg Jennings

Team B: M Morris Det & Reggie Wayne

Team A was making a playoff run and was the K Smith owner (also had Fitz, Austin, Meachem & Rice)

Team B was out of the playoffs and wanted more "depth" for next year

Ernol said:
12 team PPR (WCOFF lineups)Team A gave: Felix JonesTeam B gave: Mike Wallace, Mike Thomas, Johnny Knox, Brandon Tate and a 2011 1st
Wow -- I'm as big a Felix fan as anyone, but I have to think this is a very hefty price...
Yeah, I acquired Felix in this trade. I really like Felix (in a 2RB min league, I have him anywhere from 2.03-2.12 in a 12 team startup), but I may have gone overboard. Frankly, I saw the offer, looked good in that it was a trade of smaller pieces (none of which I would draft in a startup before the 8th round at the earliest) for one bigger one, and on impulse just took the trade. After further thought, I'm not sure what to make of it because as you said, this was a hefty price.

Ernol said:
Yeah, I acquired Felix in this trade. I really like Felix (in a 2RB min league, I have him anywhere from 2.03-2.12 in a 12 team startup), but I may have gone overboard. Frankly, I saw the offer, looked good in that it was a trade of smaller pieces (none of which I would draft in a startup before the 8th round at the earliest) for one bigger one, and on impulse just took the trade. After further thought, I'm not sure what to make of it because as you said, this was a hefty price.
I disagree. It was a bunch of solid but unspectacular players for an explosive RB who has top 5 potential at some point. I am pretty high on Knox and Tate and to a lesser degree Wallace and Thomas, but I would make this trade any day of the week. I guess it depends somewhat on what pick # that 2011 1st is projected to be as well.

Ernol said:
I disagree. It was a bunch of solid but unspectacular players for an explosive RB who has top 5 potential at some point. I am pretty high on Knox and Tate and to a lesser degree Wallace and Thomas, but I would make this trade any day of the week. I guess it depends somewhat on what pick # that 2011 1st is projected to be as well.
I would say in all likelihood a playoff team, and projected imo to be the 2nd best team (maybe as low as 3rd or even 4th depending on player preference). However, draft slots are determined by order of finish in the playoffs, so I would say anywhere from 1.07-1.12, which could be a decent pick.

Ernol said:
I would say in all likelihood a playoff team, and projected imo to be the 2nd best team (maybe as low as 3rd or even 4th depending on player preference). However, draft slots are determined by order of finish in the playoffs, so I would say anywhere from 1.07-1.12, which could be a decent pick.
In that range, I definitely like that deal. If it was a top 6 pick I would give it more thought, but I still like the deal from your standpoint.

12 Team PPR, otherwise standard scoring

A receives:

Miles Austin

Donald Brown

B receives:

Roddy White

Donnie Avery

2011 Round 2

2012 Round 2

Thoughts?

12 Team PPR, otherwise standard scoringA receives:Miles AustinDonald Brown3.02B receives:Roddy WhiteDonnie Avery2011 Round 22012 Round 2Thoughts?
I prefer team A
Perfect. I get the feeling both guys really took a hit pressing the accept button on this one, butboth WRs are young, both have good QBs, and both will be top 10, borderline top 5, or perhaps even top 5, for years to come. Is it a simple matter of liking the latter half of Avery/2/2 for Brown/3? I think Team B made out because the 2 WRs are the same or so, I actually like White more, and team B made out big time in picks. Donald Brown can't catch much, and misses quite a few blocks (remember Peyton's televised "DAMN IT DONALD!") so he isn't gonna be dethroning Addai anytime soon. I think Team B also had Brown sitting on the bench anyway, and needed a WR3.

12 Team PPR, otherwise standard scoringA receives:Miles AustinDonald Brown3.02B receives:Roddy WhiteDonnie Avery2011 Round 22012 Round 2Thoughts?
I prefer team A
Perfect. I get the feeling both guys really took a hit pressing the accept button on this one, butboth WRs are young, both have good QBs, and both will be top 10, borderline top 5, or perhaps even top 5, for years to come. Is it a simple matter of liking the latter half of Avery/2/2 for Brown/3? I think Team B made out because the 2 WRs are the same or so, I actually like White more, and team B made out big time in picks. Donald Brown can't catch much, and misses quite a few blocks (remember Peyton's televised "DAMN IT DONALD!") so he isn't gonna be dethroning Addai anytime soon. I think Team B also had Brown sitting on the bench anyway, and needed a WR3.
I agree with this, more so if it's IDP. I don't trade Avery for Brown straight up, White/Austin are as close as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread