What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 Shark Pool Mock Draft – v. 1 (1 Viewer)

With the 64th pick, the New Orleans Saints select:

Ricky Sapp, OLB/DE, Clemson

I've seen rated as high as the #1 overall OLB prospect. He's rated as high as #20th overall and I've seen no lower than the 40's overall. An absolute steal with the last pick of the 2nd.
Where have you seen him ranked #1 overall?

I've seen rated as high as the #1 overall OLB prospect. He's rated as high as #20th overall and I've seen no lower than the 40's overall. An absolute steal with the last pick of the 2nd.
NFL Draft ScoutETA--Some more scouting reports:

Ranked 35th overall

44th overall

There's others as well, but these are just a couple examples.

Last edited by a moderator:

NFL Draft Scout
Why does CBS have Sapp at OLB when he played DE throughout college? Guys like Graham and Griffen are DE's but Sapp and Kindle are OLB. Weird rankings.

NFL Draft Scout
Why does CBS have Sapp at OLB when he played DE throughout college? Guys like Graham and Griffen are DE's but Sapp and Kindle are OLB. Weird rankings.
I explained it above. He played DE in college but he's not big enough to play that in the NFL. Thus, he's likely to convert to OLB unless he's able to bulk up.

NFL Draft ScoutETA--Some more scouting reports:

Ranked 35th overall

44th overall

There's others as well, but these are just a couple examples.
I'm sure we could all find sites that would rank our 2nd rounders as 1st rounders. I know I could find sites ranking Perrish Cox a whole lot higher than 56th. Jonathan Dwyer at #60 looks pretty good too. It looks like you got really good value there for Sapp but there was value all over the place in the 2nd round. It's probably like you said, teams were filling needs.

1.29- Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU

A fast hybrid that can play OLB in the 3-4 and can rush the passer. Hughes fits exactly what they need. I thought about Pierre Paul and had him ready to type in but I feel its my USF connections that have more to do with that. TCU took the country by storm and usually when teams that don't normally go 12-0 do so, you can be sure there are some real diffrence makers on thsoe teams. TCU fits the bill for me and I think there will be other players from that school over the next couple years that make a big splash in the NFL. Hughes is a little short at 6 foot 2 but he makes up for that in exlposive speed that can get up field and rush the passer, collapse the pocket, and make an already talented secondary look even better.
With the 31st pick, the Colts select Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

IMO this is a great combination of BPA and filling a need. I have seen mock drafts with Pierre-Paul getting selected in the top 5 and would be surprised if he falls this far in the real draft. The glaring lack of pass rush when Freeney was injured combined with the fact that Freeney and Mathis will be 30 and 29 respectively, I think it's time they added an elite prospect to help now and into the future.
Damnit man!

Last edited by a moderator:
2.04 Demaryius Thomas WR GT

heading to a 10:00 meting but wanted to get this in.....I know he just broke his foot, but KC could use a WR and I think his talent is worth the risk......not sold on Tate, think Thomas is #2 behind Bryant.....with the way this draft went, there were some other options that might have met some other needs of KC, but wanted to add a skill position player here with another pick coming up soon....other WR's would have been "safer" with the broken foot issue, but I didn't factor that in here.....
Been ooc for a while. Love this pick! That is, given my previous post I obviously wanted a pass rusher badly, but with my 2 guys just taken, this is fantastic! KC is not contending soon, we have time to wait for Thomas to heal and develop. Love it!

xenith said:
1.29- Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU

A fast hybrid that can play OLB in the 3-4 and can rush the passer. Hughes fits exactly what they need. I thought about Pierre Paul and had him ready to type in but I feel its my USF connections that have more to do with that. TCU took the country by storm and usually when teams that don't normally go 12-0 do so, you can be sure there are some real diffrence makers on thsoe teams. TCU fits the bill for me and I think there will be other players from that school over the next couple years that make a big splash in the NFL. Hughes is a little short at 6 foot 2 but he makes up for that in exlposive speed that can get up field and rush the passer, collapse the pocket, and make an already talented secondary look even better.
With the 31st pick, the Colts select Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

IMO this is a great combination of BPA and filling a need. I have seen mock drafts with Pierre-Paul getting selected in the top 5 and would be surprised if he falls this far in the real draft. The glaring lack of pass rush when Freeney was injured combined with the fact that Freeney and Mathis will be 30 and 29 respectively, I think it's time they added an elite prospect to help now and into the future.
Damnit man!
He's on Scott Van Pelt right now and he sounds dumb as a box of rocks...just saying. Only 5.5 sacks last season too.

I think it would be pretty cool to do a mock rookie draft after we are done. Assuming that this is where these guys would land. :thumbup:
OK, feel free to do your own....or tell me mine sucks, but this is how I would rank these guys in a rookie draft.12 team ppr 2 wr, 2rb, 2 flex, te1.01 Dez Bryant----Miami1.02 Dwyer----------Chargers1.03 Matthews-------Houston1.04 Spiller----------Pats1.05 Benn-----------Ravens1.06 Lafell-----------Bucs1.07 Tate------------Panthers1.08 Bradford-------Bills1.09 Best------------Saints1.10 D. Thomas-----Chiefs1.11 Gresham-------Rams1.12 D. Williams-----Pats2.01 La Fevour-------Redskins2.02 McCoy-----------Vikings2.03 Gilyard----------49rs2.04 Clausen---------Jags2.05 Briscoe----------RavensI ranked these in order of where I feel they could make the most impact year one and future situation. :lmao:

I think it would be pretty cool to do a mock rookie draft after we are done. Assuming that this is where these guys would land. ;)
OK, feel free to do your own....or tell me mine sucks, but this is how I would rank these guys in a rookie draft.12 team ppr 2 wr, 2rb, 2 flex, te1.01 Dez Bryant----Miami1.02 Dwyer----------Chargers1.03 Matthews-------Houston1.04 Spiller----------Pats1.05 Benn-----------Ravens1.06 Lafell-----------Bucs1.07 Tate------------Panthers1.08 Bradford-------Bills1.09 Best------------Saints1.10 D. Thomas-----Chiefs1.11 Gresham-------Rams1.12 D. Williams-----Pats2.01 La Fevour-------Redskins2.02 McCoy-----------Vikings2.03 Gilyard----------49rs2.04 Clausen---------Jags2.05 Briscoe----------RavensI ranked these in order of where I feel they could make the most impact year one and future situation. :ninja:
I personally would take Briscoe and Gilyard over the QBs and Spiller over Dwyer, but your list is close enough.

Users who are viewing this thread