What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 FBG Offense/Defense Contest (1 Viewer)

bshipper

Footballguy
Back for another year of this contest. There is no money required to get in, so obviously there is no money to win. This is just a fun contest.

For those unfamiliar with it, each week, everyone picks 1 NFL team for offense and 1 NFL team for defense. You will receive the number of points that your offensive team scores, minus the number of points your defensive team allows.

Example: If you take NE for offense and NYG for defense, then let's say NE beats MIA 24-13 and NYG beats WAS 27-20. You would receive 4 points for the week (24 for NE offense minus 20 for NYG defense). Your totals each week will be added together for a running total.

The catch: You can only pick a team once for offense and once for defense throughout the year.

Missed/Late picks: If you miss a week, you will get 0 points for that week. In the past we used default picks to deter the leaders from not making picks, but they are too hard to keep track of. Hopefully nobody would intentionally take 0 points. After a few missed weeks, I may stop keeping track of those who are not consistently entering picks.

Please post your picks in the appropriate threads (there will be a new one each week). Picks must be submitted before the individual games start. If you don't get picks in by 1pm ET Sunday, you can still post picks for the teams that have late starts or play Monday night. I will go by the date/time stamps on the posts to determine valid picks. You can change your picks whenever you want, I would prefer a new post letting me know you are making a change rather than updating your first one.

Past Champions

2006 – mosesberg (257 pts)

2008 – Bankerguy/Fighting Wombat (286 pts)

2009 – Dragon1952 (342 pts)

2010 – tarheel1unc (271 pts)

I will start:

Week 1 Picks

Offense: DEN

Defense: ARZ

Thanks Bengal Brother bshipper!

I'm back to provide my horrible picks.

Week 1:

Offense: Giants

Defense: Arizona

-QG