What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 Off-Season: Waiver Wire (Dynasty) (1 Viewer)

ChainsawU

Footballguy
This thread is for players you are targeting on your league's waiver wire when off-season free agency starts.

Its hard to tell who is available on the WW because Leagues are so different. Here are some options I will be looking at:

Let me clarify too that these are guys i am only adding if I have roster space available as I think all of these players are strictly fliers, lottery tickets

QB=

Josh Johnson TB, hoping he gets traded

Matt Flynn, same as above

RB=

Keliand Williams/James Davis Wash, not sure if its really Torrain's job, maybe one of these guys gets a shot

Lex Hillard Miami= Sounds like Ricky and Ronnie are both not coming back. Even if the dolphins draft someone as well, he is the best option on the team currently.

WR=

Patrick Turner NYJ, sounds like it wont be possible to bring back both Edwards and Holmes. Tuner could be a nice Option.

Carlton Mitchell CLE, was a sleeper last season after the draft. I think this year he takes a step forward.

Donald Jones/David Nelson Buf, I think one of these guys will end up starting alongside Steve Johnson at some point in 2011-2012.

Andre Roberts ARZ, similar to Mitchell, I think he steps forward this season

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to tell who is available on the WW because Leagues are so different. Here are some options I will be looking at:Let me clarify too that these are guys i am only adding if I have roster space available as I think all of these players are strictly fliers, lottery tickets

QB=

Josh Johnson TB, hoping he gets traded <-------- I agree

Matt Flynn, same as above <-------- I agree

Keliand Williams/James Davis Wash, not sure if its really Torrain's job, maybe one of these guys gets a shot <-------- I don't think either player will amount to anything

Lex Hillard Miami= Sounds like Ricky and Ronnie are both not coming back. Even if the dolphins draft someone as well, he is the best option on the team currently. " <-------- He won't be worth much. Look for Miami to draft Mark Ingram

Patrick Turner NYJ, sounds like it wont be possible to bring back both Edwards and Holmes. Tuner could be a nice Option. " <--------Turner simply doesn't have it. More than one coach has had not so nice things to say about this guy

Carlton Mitchell CLE, was a sleeper last season after the draft. I think this year he takes a step forward. " <-------- Robiskie is the sleeper to have on this team

Donald Jones/David Nelson Buf, I think one of these guys will end up starting alongside Steve Johnson at some point in 2011-2012. " <-------- I can't get excited about either player, especially Nelson.

Andre Roberts ARZ, similar to Mitchell, I think he steps forward this season " <-------- I agree with Roberts, but not similar to Mitchell.

Last edited by a moderator:
So much of this depends on league size, and roster limits, but I'll add a few:

Jerome Simpson/Andre Caldwell: Both Wrs from the bengals had some nice production late at end of last season, and TO and possibly Ocho are not ccoming back.

Chaz Schilens: I know, I know-this guy has been injured a ton, but if he ever finally gets healthy, he has all the tools to be a nice wr.

Verran Tucker: KC wideout, may elevate himself up to #2 behind Bowe. I don't think Chambers will be brought back, Not a stud, but may be able to contribute some.

Delanie Walker: backup TE in SF, he has talent, but vernon blocks him here. When I watched Stanford play this year, I was suprised at how many TE's Harbaugh incorporates into the offense. May be a guy to stash for when he is a FA.

Stephen Williams: WR in AZ. He has some talent. Nice frame for a wr, and Fitz was taking him under his wing.

Eric Decker: WR, Denver. Who really knows what happens in Denver, will it be Tebow or orton, but the injury to DT opens a whole here, and Decker can play. Nice route runner. In the end, he may be in a nice position, in what most likely will be a run first offense under Fox.

James Casey/Garrett Graham: Houston TE's- One of these two could emerge if Owen Daniels is not brought back. I know Dressens is still here, but Casey is such an awesome athlete.

Jason hill: WR in Jax. He really excelled in short spots last year towards the end of the season. With MSW constantly banged up, Dillard coming back from injury, potential UFA in Marcedes Lewis, he really only has Mike Thomas to compete with.

"Keliand Williams/James Davis Wash, not sure if its really Torrain's job, maybe one of these guys gets a shot <-------- I don't think either player will amount to anything"

I like James Davis to get a shot if/when Torain gets hurt, unless Wash drafts a back. To me, Davis looked better then Williams while Torain was out. I am trying to acquire Davis. I do own Torain.

BUT, I do think Torain gets first crack and probably Wash will draft a guy late.

"Keliand Williams/James Davis Wash, not sure if its really Torrain's job, maybe one of these guys gets a shot <-------- I don't think either player will amount to anything"I like James Davis to get a shot if/when Torain gets hurt, unless Wash drafts a back. To me, Davis looked better then Williams while Torain was out. I am trying to acquire Davis. I do own Torain.BUT, I do think Torain gets first crack and probably Wash will draft a guy late.
lets not forget that Andre Brown is in that mix too. Many were very high on him at this time 2 years ago. He should finally be healthy

Tyrell Sutton-Guy has the skills to be a very nice completmentary back. I put him on all my dynasty teams. If D-Will leaves he is one injury away from splitting carries with Stewart/Goodson.

Taylor Price-If the Pats don't take a WR in the draft Price could pass Brandon Tate and Julian Edleman to 3rd on the depth chart.

Mardy Gilliard-Has a promising QB and not much compatition at his position.

Isaac Redman- If Mendenhall ever down Redman could be a top 20 back.

"Keliand Williams/James Davis Wash, not sure if its really Torrain's job, maybe one of these guys gets a shot <-------- I don't think either player will amount to anything"

I like James Davis to get a shot if/when Torain gets hurt, unless Wash drafts a back. To me, Davis looked better then Williams while Torain was out. I am trying to acquire Davis. I do own Torain.

BUT, I do think Torain gets first crack and probably Wash will draft a guy late.
lets not forget that Andre Brown is in that mix too. Many were very high on him at this time 2 years ago. He should finally be healthy
No RB has ever come back from that injury and be successful, so I have to disagree with the "should finally be healthy" statement.

<!--quoteo(post=12936449:date=Feb 21 2011, 02:11 AM:name=wiscstlatlmia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wiscstlatlmia @ Feb 21 2011, 02:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=12936449"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Travis Beckum<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->I've seen his name thrown out there a couple times recently.What has changed that makes him worth while now?
Kevin Boss is a FA

Its hard to tell who is available on the WW because Leagues are so different. Here are some options I will be looking at:Let me clarify too that these are guys i am only adding if I have roster space available as I think all of these players are strictly fliers, lottery tickets<b>QB=</b> Patrick Turner NYJ, sounds like it wont be possible to bring back both Edwards and Holmes. Tuner could be a nice Option. " <!--coloro:#8B0000--><span style="color:#8B0000"><!--/coloro--> <b><--------Turner simply doesn't have it. More than one coach has had not so nice things to say about this guy </b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Also keep in mind that Cotchery is still there. So best case is Turner is the #4 option behind one of Holmes/Edwards, then Keller, then Cotchery, then everyone else.

I think THE ww pickup in dynasty leagues(especially those that use ppr) will be Mike Thomas in jax, he reminds me of steve smith in carolina, they're both short but well built wrs who have blazing speed and can make the big plays.

I also really like david nelson in buffalo, forget about jones when you compare their stats from last year nelson's blow his out of the water.

I think THE ww pickup in dynasty leagues(especially those that use ppr) will be Mike Thomas in jax, he reminds me of steve smith in carolina, they're both short but well built wrs who have blazing speed and can make the big plays.I also really like david nelson in buffalo, forget about jones when you compare their stats from last year nelson's blow his out of the water.
Only way Mike Thomas is on a waiver wire is if your league has 12 man rosters.

I believe this came from either Matt Waldman or the FBG News feed (Bloom/Lammey) from Aug 2010.

RB Curtis Steele: Here's another running back that impressed in camp. An undrafted free agent invited to Ravens camp this summer, Steel was performing so well against Baltimore's first-string defense that he was beginning to embarrass the starters. But from the get-go the Ravens made it clear that the 191-lbs. Steele needed to add about 15 pounds of muscle to his frame to have a shot to stick. This isn't the kind of thing that's going to happen in one summer, so Steele's nice production against starters in camp and reserves late in preseason games is really nothing more than an initial tryout. Watch for Steele to gain muscle and stick in 2010 camp. If so, he'll be worth adding. Remember his name and look for news about adding weight.

'loose circuits said:
'B Maverick said:
"Keliand Williams/James Davis Wash, not sure if its really Torrain's job, maybe one of these guys gets a shot <-------- I don't think either player will amount to anything"I like James Davis to get a shot if/when Torain gets hurt, unless Wash drafts a back. To me, Davis looked better then Williams while Torain was out. I am trying to acquire Davis. I do own Torain.BUT, I do think Torain gets first crack and probably Wash will draft a guy late.
If you are going to throw Andre Brown into the mix... You may as well add Shawnbrey McNeil in there too! You never know who will get the rock when Shanahan is the boss!

I believe this came from either Matt Waldman or the FBG News feed (Bloom/Lammey) from Aug 2010.

RB Curtis Steele: Here's another running back that impressed in camp. An undrafted free agent invited to Ravens camp this summer, Steel was performing so well against Baltimore's first-string defense that he was beginning to embarrass the starters. But from the get-go the Ravens made it clear that the 191-lbs. Steele needed to add about 15 pounds of muscle to his frame to have a shot to stick. This isn't the kind of thing that's going to happen in one summer, so Steele's nice production against starters in camp and reserves late in preseason games is really nothing more than an initial tryout. Watch for Steele to gain muscle and stick in 2010 camp. If so, he'll be worth adding. Remember his name and look for news about adding weight.
I'll have to keep an eye on him...

'Dawg Pound 69 said:
'FTRWRTR said:
I think THE ww pickup in dynasty leagues(especially those that use ppr) will be Mike Thomas in jax, he reminds me of steve smith in carolina, they're both short but well built wrs who have blazing speed and can make the big plays.I also really like david nelson in buffalo, forget about jones when you compare their stats from last year nelson's blow his out of the water.
Only way Mike Thomas is on a waiver wire is if your league has 12 man rosters.
Not even there... :football:

Ok, now this has peeked my interest. How did this guy perform in college? With McGahee gone, you would think someone has to give Ray Rice a breather here and there. What happens if Rice is injured? Are the Ravens comfortable going to this undrafted free agent?

Ok, now this has peeked my interest. How did this guy perform in college? With McGahee gone, you would think someone has to give Ray Rice a breather here and there. What happens if Rice is injured? Are the Ravens comfortable going to this undrafted free agent?
Parmele might be the next man up, since he was at least seeing the field returning kicks (was it pre-season? I don't remember).Another guy to throw in is Cedric Peerman, assumed to be behind Bernard Scott and Cedric Benson. He got some pre-season action for CIN.

So much of this depends on league size, and roster limits, but I'll add a few:Jerome Simpson/Andre Caldwell: Both Wrs from the bengals had some nice production late at end of last season, and TO and possibly Ocho are not ccoming back.Chaz Schilens: I know, I know-this guy has been injured a ton, but if he ever finally gets healthy, he has all the tools to be a nice wr.Verran Tucker: KC wideout, may elevate himself up to #2 behind Bowe. I don't think Chambers will be brought back, Not a stud, but may be able to contribute some.Delanie Walker: backup TE in SF, he has talent, but vernon blocks him here. When I watched Stanford play this year, I was suprised at how many TE's Harbaugh incorporates into the offense. May be a guy to stash for when he is a FA.Stephen Williams: WR in AZ. He has some talent. Nice frame for a wr, and Fitz was taking him under his wing.Eric Decker: WR, Denver. Who really knows what happens in Denver, will it be Tebow or orton, but the injury to DT opens a whole here, and Decker can play. Nice route runner. In the end, he may be in a nice position, in what most likely will be a run first offense under Fox.James Casey/Garrett Graham: Houston TE's- One of these two could emerge if Owen Daniels is not brought back. I know Dressens is still here, but Casey is such an awesome athlete.Jason hill: WR in Jax. He really excelled in short spots last year towards the end of the season. With MSW constantly banged up, Dillard coming back from injury, potential UFA in Marcedes Lewis, he really only has Mike Thomas to compete with.
Jason Hill May be on the uptick.....My Casey/Graham hunch looks disappointing though :lmao:

You could bump it with some ideas!The only really intriguing guy available in my leagues FA that I'll be targeting after the rookie draft (as of right now):Jerome SimpsonThere are a couple "maybe's" like Dezmon Briscoe, Josh Johnson, Tony Scheffler, etc., but the only one I REALLY want to grab when the time is right, for now, is Simpson.

And I'll add that its going to be more difficult to find a break-out player in FA before the season starts, without mini-camps or training camp.

You could bump it with some ideas!The only really intriguing guy available in my leagues FA that I'll be targeting after the rookie draft (as of right now):

Jerome Simpson

There are a couple "maybe's" like Dezmon Briscoe, Josh Johnson, Tony Scheffler, etc., but the only one I REALLY want to grab when the time is right, for now, is Simpson.
I totally agree on Simpson and he was already scooped up in my league before the regular season ended.Dezmon Briscoe had those two good games at the end there, and a highlight reel catch if I remember correctly.. He is intriguing.

A few others that I have seen available are:

LenDale White

Tyrell Sutton

Curtis Steele (had no idea who he was until this thread)

Jalen Parmele (I think he should be getting more play here)

LeRon McClain

Tiki Barber (Just Joking, April Fool's)

---------------------------------------------------

What I do not get is all the love for Josh Johnson. I need to know more about his situation because I am clearly missing something.

Cheers.

'ChainsawU said:

LenDale White

Tyrell Sutton

LeRon McClain

Lendale barely has UFL potential at this point. I would be the house he never plays a regular season snap again. Hard to come back from Achilles, even harder when you're Lendale. Much more likely Tiki actually reaches the field.

'ChainsawU said:
'ConnSKINS26 said:
'ChainsawU said:
You could bump it with some ideas!The only really intriguing guy available in my leagues FA that I'll be targeting after the rookie draft (as of right now):

Jerome Simpson

There are a couple "maybe's" like Dezmon Briscoe, Josh Johnson, Tony Scheffler, etc., but the only one I REALLY want to grab when the time is right, for now, is Simpson.
I totally agree on Simpson and he was already scooped up in my league before the regular season ended.Dezmon Briscoe had those two good games at the end there, and a highlight reel catch if I remember correctly.. He is intriguing.

LenDale White

Tyrell Sutton

LeRon McClain

What I do not get is all the love for Josh Johnson. I need to know more about his situation because I am clearly missing something.

Cheers.
On Josh Johnson, Harbaugh coached him at San Diego St. IIRC, he had an insane td/int ratio...like 40-4.

Many believe he'll be reunited with Harbaugh in SF....

'ConnSKINS26 said:
Jerome Simpson
I can tell you he won't be easy to grab now. I shot all $100 blind bid dollars at him in one league and lost to a guy with higher WW priority who did the same thing. And I just had an offer of the 1.07 for Simpson and the 2.07 shot down.

'ChainsawU said:
'ConnSKINS26 said:
'ChainsawU said:

Jerome Simpson

LenDale White

Tyrell Sutton

LeRon McClain

Cheers.
On Josh Johnson, Harbaugh coached him at San Diego St. IIRC, he had an insane td/int ratio...like 40-4.

Many believe he'll be reunited with Harbaugh in SF....
He played for the University of San Diego, not SD St.

Besides a few that have already been mentioned, here are some others I find interesting. They are under the radar in most leagues I'm involved with.

WR Kerry Meier (ATL) - Before the knee injury in the preseason, he was going to see some action his rookie year. He's not as fast as Jordy Nelson, but

the kid has some skills. He's tough as hell too.

RB Kevin Smith (FA) - He's only 24, and he's heading into year 2 after the ACL. If he lands in the right situation, he could post some solid numbers. I've heard he's interested in Miami. If Ronnie & Ricky aren't back, he's a 3 down back in that offense.

WR Robert Meachum (NO) - Colston's knee has been cut on multiple times, Moore will probably be elsewhere and Devery Henderson has little left in the tank. If he can enter the season healthy, Meachum could have a big year. He's entering a contract year, and he's only 26.

WR Lance Moore (NO) - Only 27 and likely to sign elsewhere. If he signs with the right team, I think he could do well in PPR leagues. The guys a gamer.

WR David Reed (BAL) - The only "speed" receiver on the Ravens roster. More of a slot receiver & may need another year of action before he breaks out.

WR Malcom Kelly (WAS) - Another player that's been forgotten about. He's still 24, and I hope Shanny can reach the kid because he has skills. I can't imagine him not being an instant upgrade over Armstrong.

Well our league is unique in the fact that we are pretty strict on Free Agency. We only offer a free agency pick up period one time during the actual fantasy season and that is between weeks 6 and 7 and it goes on a waiver system based on records. We also offer an initial Free Agent/Rookie Draft in May where any rookie or free agent may be "drafted" to your team. Then we have another "Draft" a couple of weeks before the season when anyone can be "picked" based on the same draft order we had in May. Now once the August "Draft" is complete you are free to add/drop free agents up until the 1st kickoff but you may not drop anyone you actually "Drafted" in the August pick up draft. Sounds confusing but it is all we have ever known. Anyways that always leaves some interesting names out there for our drafts from the previous year because some guys blow up at the end of the season ala Arian Foster who went 9th in our Rookie Free Agent draft last year. Sorry for the explanation but I didn't want to see comments like how the hell is so and so not on a roster. Needless to say here our free agents that I would consider in our upcoming draft this May and August because I would venture a guess to say maybe 7 of these guys get picked in our Rookie/FA draft.

Josh Johnson

Steven McGee

Joe Webb

Mike Goodson

Tyrell Sutton

Danny Ware

Kareem Huggins

Cedric Peerman

Lonyae Miller

Javarris James

Kevin Smith

Jerome Simpson

Jacoby Ford

Stephen Williams

Andre Roberts

Donnie Avery

Mark Clayton

Devin Hester

Earl Bennett

Antonio Brown

Jason Hill

Seyi Ajirotutu

Mardy Gilyard

Naaman Roosevelt

Dorin Dickerson

Ben Obamanu

Deon Butler

Dezmon Briscoe

Taylor Price

Victor Cruz

Jeremy Horne

David Nelson

On Josh Johnson, Harbaugh coached him at San Diego St. IIRC, he had an insane td/int ratio...like 40-4.Many believe he'll be reunited with Harbaugh in SF....
Say Josh Johnson does land in San Fran this season, how long before he becomes fantasy relevant?Do you think he could start for them in 2011, or do you just like the upside of that situation..

On Josh Johnson, Harbaugh coached him at San Diego St. IIRC, he had an insane td/int ratio...like 40-4.Many believe he'll be reunited with Harbaugh in SF....
Say Josh Johnson does land in San Fran this season, how long before he becomes fantasy relevant?Do you think he could start for them in 2011, or do you just like the upside of that situation..
If San Fran trades for Josh Johnson he becomes the immediate starter and top 15 qb for dynasty.

Top 15???
If Alex and Troy Smith were one QB their points total gets them near that in last years finish, so if you are expecting him to be an improvement over those two guys, that's probably not far off.
idetikit corrected me-Thank You BTWSan Diego is like a lower level D1 AA school. It would be a significant achievement from playing teams like Dayton or Valpo in Football, to top 15.Not trying to rain on the Josh Johnson Parade, and I do like the kid, but expectations may need to be tempered here a bit.....

Users who are viewing this thread