What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2012 Official Philadelphia Eagles Post Mortem Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Anyone else hear Mike Greenberg this morning complaining about the Packers? "All they do is throw the ball. They are so one dimensional".

Hey Mike, have you met Andy Reid or watched an Eagles game?

Anyone else hear Mike Greenberg this morning complaining about the Packers? "All they do is throw the ball. They are so one dimensional".Hey Mike, have you met Andy Reid or watched an Eagles game?
:lol: Imagine If they had one of the best RBs in the league and no SB rings!

Last edited by a moderator:
ravens looked really good. we are going to have to kick it up to a whole other level just to keep this game close....
Early line:Philly -1O/U 44
I'd bet the house on the Ravens.
Eagles home opener.Ravens on short week.All of Ravens losses on the road last year(TEN, JAX, SEA and SD). I would tend to lead towards Philly with that line.
I agree. People are way too quick to dismiss the Eagles in this one. The Ravens have a good defense, but they can be run on (if reid doesn't decide they don't need to again).

ravens looked really good. we are going to have to kick it up to a whole other level just to keep this game close....
Early line:Philly -1O/U 44
I'd bet the house on the Ravens.
Eagles home opener.Ravens on short week.All of Ravens losses on the road last year(TEN, JAX, SEA and SD). I would tend to lead towards Philly with that line.
I agree. People are way too quick to dismiss the Eagles in this one. The Ravens have a good defense, but they can be run on (if reid doesn't decide they don't need to again).
But you just pointed the problem out: Ried the stubborn b@stard won't change his mind. It is so maddening that the national media just doesn't see what we see year in and year out.Look, I get that Reid may have seen a weak Clev. Team as an opportunity to give Vick a lot of reps. But my God man, how can you so irresponsibly let him get killed back there when they such an excellent running attack (when they use it)? Vick is not Drew Brees. Madness...

'delusional said:
'Awful Waffle said:
According to Les Bowen on Twitter, Mardy Gilyard has been signed, Jaiquawn Jarrett has been cut. We can now officially call him a bust (as if we didn't already). No matter how well Coleman and Allen perform this year, safety's a must have in this year's draft, especially with a deep class like the 2013 one.
Oh lookie, another bad draft pick. No this isn't in hindsight either, this was a bad pick when it happened. They went way to high on him. Now they will need to look at another safety in the offseason lmao this is unreal. Oh Earl Thomas how ye would have changed things.
I agree he was a bad pick and there's no way around that. But in a way I do commend them for getting rid of him instead of going the political route and keeping him since he was a 2nd round pick

Hey Eagles fans. Are you guys still weak versus tight ends, as was so famously true a few seasons back? Has DeMeco Ryans helped shore up the LB corps? Some appetizing TE-on-the-wire matchups coming up against PHI soon if the old rule still holds--the first ones are Pitta/Dickson this week.

Hey Eagles fans. Are you guys still weak versus tight ends, as was so famously true a few seasons back? Has DeMeco Ryans helped shore up the LB corps? Some appetizing TE-on-the-wire matchups coming up against PHI soon if the old rule still holds--the first ones are Pitta/Dickson this week.
Good question. Hard to say, really. Demeco was invisible in the preseason then played a pretty good game against Cleveland. But it was Cleveland with Richardson running like he had a refrigerator on his back and Weedon not able to hit water if he fell off of a boat. The current LBs have speed, and the rookie Kendrick's looks like the real deal. But we'll find out if they can cover TEs soon enough.Delusional, Deranged and a few others can probably give you a better answer with more knowledge of the players.

I think we shut-out the CLE TEs last week :unsure:

Reid's Idiocy Finally Getting Exposed Nationally

10. The most significant QB performance of the weekend did not belong to Peyton Manning or Robert Griffin III or Tony Romo. Michael Vick had the performance we can read into, the performance that potentially foreshadows the rest of the season.

Every team brought its best to the field in NFL Week 1.

It was laughable reading stories about Andy Reid defending Vick’s performance. Andy Reid needed to be defending his own performance.

Let me explain. I don’t want to shift focus away from Vick’s awful performance. He was bad. Really bad. But Reid was every bit as bad as Vick. Reid and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinwheg were absolutely clueless on Sunday. Philly’s pass protection was non-existent in the first quarter. Vick took some big hits and was seemingly harassed on every play. Vick and Philly’s offensive line needed to be bailed out by LeSean McCoy.

Reid refused to run the football. The Eagles kept throwing and Vick kept getting hit and more frustrated. Vick is undersized and, for the first time in his career, he can’t simply rely on his legs to fix problems created by his arm. Vick desperately needs the support of a strong running back-led running game. He’s a bootleg, play-action passer. He doesn’t move linebackers and the secondary with his eyes and clever pump fakes. He’s not that kind of QB. He can only fool linebackers with play-action passing. The threat of McCoy is the key to creating passing windows for Michael Vick. This is not some CIA secret.

Andy Reid is the only person on the planet who refuses to accept this simple fact.

In a tight game the Eagles led for much of the day, Reid waited until the fourth quarter, until after Vick’s fourth interception, to realize he needed to feature McCoy. Vick threw the ball 56 times on a day McCoy averaged 5.5 yards per carry.

Andy Reid is a moron. I mean that. I don’t care how many regular-season games he’s won. Or maybe Reid wants Vick carried off on a cart so the Eagles can switch to a quarterback who can actually play the game from the pocket with some savvy.
He has a good point but goes way overboard. You forgot to mention the author of this is no other then ESPN Dal Jason Whitlock who's been known to go on long rants. I'm surprised he didn't try to throw in his 'Boys into the article of how much better they be. Again he has a point but goes way overboard.

The one encouraging thing was that Vick did not stop playing hard. He was playing bad but was determined to win. He really went all out on the 3rd and long run and got punished. You have to admire him for that.I'm hoping he is just not used to the speed of the game yet b/c of his limited preseason snaps. Eagles always pick it up late in the season guys. The problem is that it's usually too late. If we can eek out some ugly wins early so that we are in good shape when we hit our stride, I think we will be dangerous.
I agree the old Atl Vick would have given up then threw his teammates under the bus. If he's learned anything it's how to be a more mature better humane being. If he can't learn how to play the dam QB position I'd at least want him to learn to be a better person.

Reid's play calling is continuously so bad that I find myself feeling sorry for McNabb. :yucky:
You mean Marty Morningweg's playing calling? Andy hasn't done play calling for two yrs. Yes I know he says he takes the blame for it but he's a coach who won't throw a player or coach under the bus which is why many players want to come play for him to begin with. Could Andy tell MM to run the ball more? Sure but this constant Andy's play calling is just unreal when he hasn't been the sole play caller and given up most of those responsibilities for 2 yrs now.

Reid's play calling is continuously so bad that I find myself feeling sorry for McNabb. :yucky:
You mean Marty Morningweg's playing calling? Andy hasn't done play calling for two yrs. Yes I know he says he takes the blame for it but he's a coach who won't throw a player or coach under the bus which is why many players want to come play for him to begin with. Could Andy tell MM to run the ball more? Sure but this constant Andy's play calling is just unreal when he hasn't been the sole play caller and given up most of those responsibilities for 2 yrs now.
You don't really believe this do you?

I was just wondering if you've talked to your buddy lately. Any nuggets you can provide for us of new info? Also i was wondering if you guys have talked about the whole Banner leaving thing and how it came about. Was it that Banner wanted to leave or was there a power struggle and the reports of Andy wanting out last year true? I don't remember if you went into any detail or said much on this at all. If so I apologize and must have missed it. I was also wondering if you've heard anything on Vick and how much of a chance they are giving him before they pull the plug and let Foles go? Like how many bad awful games does Vick need to have before the team pulls the plug? Is there talk of keeping Vick next year if Reid stays or are we still too early to know anything factual about that?

I also discussed this with a friend of mine if Vick is out for any sort term Foles would see action but if he's out for awhile we agreed if they are in the playoff hunt they'd probably have Edwards start do to experience and all.

:goodposting: Yes we all know Marty calls the plays on game day, but its Andy's game plan. And if Andy didn't like what Marty was calling, Marty would hear about it. Not to mention its up to Reid to get in his ear if things aren't going well. It wouldn't happen game after game, year after year if Andy wasn't in full agreement.

They actually did pretty good against TE's last year. Should continue this year esp with upgraded LBs.

As for comparing Belichek to Reid...Belicheck has won super bowls, he applied an offense that fit his team where reid on the other hand hasn't won & forced an offense to players that werent fit for it.
The comparison was strictly in terms of drafting, not in terms of otherwise coaching. I'll be the first to help Reid pack his office up, but the criticisms that he is a terrible drafting coach are just incorrect.
No they are not. I sat and watched many drafts, watching him pass over players which atm made people question. Watch him draft players 2 rounds higher then they should & be questioned. Only to watch the players flop out year after year.
According to Les Bowen on Twitter, Mardy Gilyard has been signed, Jaiquawn Jarrett has been cut. We can now officially call him a bust (as if we didn't already). No matter how well Coleman and Allen perform this year, safety's a must have in this year's draft, especially with a deep class like the 2013 one.
Oh lookie, another bad draft pick. No this isn't in hindsight either, this was a bad pick when it happened. They went way to high on him. Now they will need to look at another safety in the offseason lmao this is unreal. Oh Earl Thomas how ye would have changed things.
I agree he was a bad pick and there's no way around that. But in a way I do commend them for getting rid of him instead of going the political route and keeping him since he was a 2nd round pick
True. That seems to have just started happening this season though. As for Jackson & Maclin being out...ouch.

:goodposting: Yes we all know Marty calls the plays on game day, but its Andy's game plan. And if Andy didn't like what Marty was calling, Marty would hear about it. Not to mention its up to Reid to get in his ear if things aren't going well. It wouldn't happen game after game, year after year if Andy wasn't in full agreement.
Plus i swear watching games in the past you could see Reid with the playcall sheet calling in some things when on offense. I wish I had my pic I made still but i deleted it, was Mr Garisson with Mr Hat from South Park...Reid & Martys faces both shopped in. Fits perfectly

edit: found it http://i47.tinypic.com/xonkg8.jpg

Peter King

Hearing both DeSean and Maclin had good days of work today and are likely to play Sunday for Iggles.

7:12pm - 14 Sep 12

this from a Baltimore fan:

The Baltimore Defense is not a good defense, they can however, play well when teams are forced to play from behind. McCoy should have a MONSTER game Sunday. Baltimore lost DE/OLB J.Johnson to free agency, then Suggs to an injury. Those two were amongst the leagues' best containment/run stopping ends the last few years. Replacing those two studs are an overweight/heavyfooted rookie and a lackluster pass-rushing DE in Kruger. They failed to contain every inside out rush in week one. Now Kruger is having back issues...I can see why as he was planted several times last week. Add to this, a lackluster group of LBs and McCoy should post over 200 yds combined come Sunday. The only LB with speed on the D is Ayenbendajo who never seems to be able to put that speed to use to cover anyone. Despite using last year's first round pick on big bodied corner JSmith, he can't seem to cover anyone either. The Ravens have one very good corner in L. Webb. All world safety Ed Reed is afraid to tackle anyone and seems to stay dinged up. Pollard is a stud and will have a great year I just don't think he has the speed to be effective against the Eagles Sunday. The Eagles bring more than enough speed and talent to put up 30-40 against the Ravens. Last year the Ravens smacked the Steelers around only to disappoint in a week two road game against Tennessee. If the new-look Ravens offense doesn't click early and often, this game is going to be a blow out.

this from a Baltimore fan:The Baltimore Defense is not a good defense, they can however, play well when teams are forced to play from behind. McCoy should have a MONSTER game Sunday. Baltimore lost DE/OLB J.Johnson to free agency, then Suggs to an injury. Those two were amongst the leagues' best containment/run stopping ends the last few years. Replacing those two studs are an overweight/heavyfooted rookie and a lackluster pass-rushing DE in Kruger. They failed to contain every inside out rush in week one. Now Kruger is having back issues...I can see why as he was planted several times last week. Add to this, a lackluster group of LBs and McCoy should post over 200 yds combined come Sunday. The only LB with speed on the D is Ayenbendajo who never seems to be able to put that speed to use to cover anyone. Despite using last year's first round pick on big bodied corner JSmith, he can't seem to cover anyone either. The Ravens have one very good corner in L. Webb. All world safety Ed Reed is afraid to tackle anyone and seems to stay dinged up. Pollard is a stud and will have a great year I just don't think he has the speed to be effective against the Eagles Sunday. The Eagles bring more than enough speed and talent to put up 30-40 against the Ravens. Last year the Ravens smacked the Steelers around only to disappoint in a week two road game against Tennessee. If the new-look Ravens offense doesn't click early and often, this game is going to be a blow out.
Does he know Andy Reid? McCoy needs to touch the ball to get yards, I have my doubts.

this from a Baltimore fan:The Baltimore Defense is not a good defense, they can however, play well when teams are forced to play from behind. McCoy should have a MONSTER game Sunday. Baltimore lost DE/OLB J.Johnson to free agency, then Suggs to an injury. Those two were amongst the leagues' best containment/run stopping ends the last few years. Replacing those two studs are an overweight/heavyfooted rookie and a lackluster pass-rushing DE in Kruger. They failed to contain every inside out rush in week one. Now Kruger is having back issues...I can see why as he was planted several times last week. Add to this, a lackluster group of LBs and McCoy should post over 200 yds combined come Sunday. The only LB with speed on the D is Ayenbendajo who never seems to be able to put that speed to use to cover anyone. Despite using last year's first round pick on big bodied corner JSmith, he can't seem to cover anyone either. The Ravens have one very good corner in L. Webb. All world safety Ed Reed is afraid to tackle anyone and seems to stay dinged up. Pollard is a stud and will have a great year I just don't think he has the speed to be effective against the Eagles Sunday. The Eagles bring more than enough speed and talent to put up 30-40 against the Ravens. Last year the Ravens smacked the Steelers around only to disappoint in a week two road game against Tennessee. If the new-look Ravens offense doesn't click early and often, this game is going to be a blow out.
Does he know Andy Reid? McCoy needs to touch the ball to get yards, I have my doubts.
Yes, McCoy had 20 carries last week, with a chunk of those being off-tackle or outside the tackles runs. He also had 6 catches, with at least one 25 yd rec called back. They used a lot of short passing...That was my point, that's what the Ravens are susceptible to, that game plan will work against Bmore's weak DEs. I want Baltimore to win, I just see issues with the Defense matching up with the Eagles strengths/offensive play calling. Offensively the Ravens biggest issue is the center, MBurk. When you watch the game watch our center, our DEs, our slow linebackers, and every CB not named Webb.McCoy is set for a huge Sunday (he's an every week starter stud so it's not really a fantasy nugget).

I think Vick is single-handily killing the franchise and will be the reason Andy and the front office get fired. Rightfully so because they paid the guy. Vick actually played worse than Weeden.
Um no. Look at the coach. Look at the poor drafting over the past few years ( 2010 for example ). Look at the play calling. I know this horse is beaten to death but its a legit concern & has been for many years lately. You don't have your QB toss 50+ passes while only playing in what? 6 or so snaps in the preseason? You don't have a total of 22 rushing plays while having 4 active RBs with one of them being arguably the best in the league.

What is the constant in all the problems with the Eagles? Its Reid...this has been going on well before Vick. I preached this before but as good as Andy is, he is also the reason they will never win a superbowl. Too stubborn to change. It hasn't happened after 12 years, its never going to happen. Been around 4 years too many.

Now after seeing the Ravens tonight....next week is going to be U G L Y

edit: wasn't Dunlap on the verge of getting cut before Peters injury?
The days of running the ball and playing defence to win a superbowl are over as of now, Reid was actually ahead of that curve. I wouldn't adopt a ball control strategy vs the worse team in the league while I have a 100m dollar quarterback either. What do you think would happen if Brees/Brady/Rodgers threw 50x's on the Browns? Do you think any of them would have had 4int's and 12 deflected passes?  It's amazing how many excuses people make for Vick. He's a unreal athlete and a average passer, why not just be honest. Noway do I believe Mike Vick will ever lead a team to the superbowl. It doesn't matter what plays they call, they won't be successful with Vick holding the ball, not anticipating throws, and just looking to scramble while he makes poor decisions. The more he stinks the faster the best QB on the team, Nick Foles, plays and develops. Giving Vick's injury history we will probably see Foles in games anyway. I can't wait.

'ShaHBucks said:
I think Vick is single-handily killing the franchise and will be the reason Andy and the front office get fired. Rightfully so because they paid the guy. Vick actually played worse than Weeden.
Um no. Look at the coach. Look at the poor drafting over the past few years ( 2010 for example ). Look at the play calling. I know this horse is beaten to death but its a legit concern & has been for many years lately. You don't have your QB toss 50+ passes while only playing in what? 6 or so snaps in the preseason? You don't have a total of 22 rushing plays while having 4 active RBs with one of them being arguably the best in the league.

What is the constant in all the problems with the Eagles? Its Reid...this has been going on well before Vick. I preached this before but as good as Andy is, he is also the reason they will never win a superbowl. Too stubborn to change. It hasn't happened after 12 years, its never going to happen. Been around 4 years too many.

The days of running the ball and playing defence to win a superbowl are over as of now, Reid was actually ahead of that curve. I wouldn't adopt a ball control strategy vs the worse team in the league while I have a 100m dollar quarterback either. What do you think would happen if Brees/Brady/Rodgers threw 50x's on the Browns? Do you think any of them would have had 4int's and 12 deflected passes?  It's amazing how many excuses people make for Vick. He's a unreal athlete and a average passer, why not just be honest. Noway do I believe Mike Vick will ever lead a team to the superbowl. It doesn't matter what plays they call, they won't be successful with Vick holding the ball, not anticipating throws, and just looking to scramble while he makes poor decisions. The more he stinks the faster the best QB on the team, Nick Foles, plays and develops. Giving Vick's injury history we will probably see Foles in games anyway. I can't wait.
Saying Foles, who has never taken a meaningful snap in the NFL, is better than Vick, who has led teams to the playoffs, is a MASSIVE stretch. I'm as excited as anyone about Foles' potential, but let's be realistic here.Also, salary distribution should not determine ball distribution. Just because Vick has the biggest contract doesn't mean you drop back and throw when it's not working. The Eagles have a pretty talented RB that was having success on the ground. You do what it takes to win, regardless of contracts.

'ShaHBucks said:

Saying Foles, who has never taken a meaningful snap in the NFL, is better than Vick, who has led teams to the playoffs, is a MASSIVE stretch. I'm as excited as anyone about Foles' potential, but let's be realistic here.Also, salary distribution should not determine ball distribution. Just because Vick has the biggest contract doesn't mean you drop back and throw when it's not working. The Eagles have a pretty talented RB that was having success on the ground. You do what it takes to win, regardless of contracts.
Shady touched the ball 26x's, fumbled in the redzone and didn't score all game. How much has running the ball worked for MJD, AP, and CJ2K's teams? I don't see that point at all. Foles can PASS the ball better than Vick period. That's a fact not a reach.

Do you really believe salaries don't determine how a team wants to play from the front office down? Or how they evaluate takent? Even if you don't think so he was a 100 million dollar mistake. Dropping back and throwing is his dam job! One that he's awful at. No wonder it wasn't working On the worse team in the league :wall:

Shady touched the ball 26x's, fumbled in the redzone and didn't score all game. How much has running the ball worked for MJD, AP, and CJ2K's teams? I don't see that point at all.

Foles can PASS the ball better than Vick period. That's a fact not a reach.

Do you really believe salaries don't determine how a team wants to play from the front office down? Or how they evaluate takent? Even if you don't think so he was a 100 million dollar mistake. Dropping back and throwing is his dam job! One that he's awful at. No wonder it wasn't working On the worse team in the league :wall:
No, in absolutely no way is that a fact. It's an opinion. And it's one based on not seeing him play a single meaningful snap at the NFL level.(and this isn't taking into the account that you're changing what you said from "best QB" to "he can pass better")

Also, Shady didn't fumble in the redzone. It was around the 40. The redzone is the area inside the opponents 20 yard line.

If you don't see the point at running the ball with one of the best RBs in the game when you're averaging 5+ yards a carry versus passing when your QB has 4 INTs, 2 fumbles, and barely a 50% completion rate, I don't really know what to tell you. Watch more football I guess and spend some time learning about the game.

No, salaries don't determine how a team wants to play OR how they evaluate talent. You have the causes confused. Salaries are a RESULT of how a team evaluates talent. It is not the CAUSE.

Again, you do what it takes to win. You don't look at who is being paid the most and bang your head through a wall with that gameplan when it isn't working.

'Kwai Chang Caine said:
Peter KingHearing both DeSean and Maclin had good days of work today and are likely to play Sunday for Iggles.7:12pm - 14 Sep 12
Good to hear! :thumbup:Vick going up against the Ravens scares me though, even without Suggs.
Vick against any really good defense scares me. He's amazing against bad teams but when he plays the good D like Bal and others he's god awfui.
He was amazing last week?
That's the troubling thing he wasn't.

Shady touched the ball 26x's, fumbled in the redzone and didn't score all game. How much has running the ball worked for MJD, AP, and CJ2K's teams? I don't see that point at all.

No, in absolutely no way is that a fact. It's an opinion. And it's one based on not seeing him play a single meaningful snap at the NFL level.(and this isn't taking into the account that you're changing what you said from "best QB" to "he can pass better")

Also, Shady didn't fumble in the redzone. It was around the 40. The redzone is the area inside the opponents 20 yard line.

If you don't see the point at running the ball with one of the best RBs in the game when you're averaging 5+ yards a carry versus passing when your QB has 4 INTs, 2 fumbles, and barely a 50% completion rate, I don't really know what to tell you. Watch more football I guess and spend some time learning about the game.

No, salaries don't determine how a team wants to play OR how they evaluate talent. You have the causes confused. Salaries are a RESULT of how a team evaluates talent. It is not the CAUSE.

Again, you do what it takes to win. You don't look at who is being paid the most and bang your head through a wall with that gameplan when it isn't working.
So running the ball will cure the problem which is Vick as you stated?I didn't feel like editing the redzone fumble. It was around the 50. Football terms it's even worse giving up that field position. So thanks.

I'm not changing anything, Quarterbacks throw the football so Nick Foles is the best QB on the team. I knew he was good but I didn't think he would be as good as he was in the preseason this fast. Mark my words and put them in your signature, either this year or next Nick Foles will be the starting QB for the Eagles. Salary doesn't matter to you guys but I bet you it will matter when the Eagles think about paying him 15 million next year with Foles on the bench. This team has a ridiculous amount of talent. Defense is great, WR/TE catch everything and Shady is elite. The only thing holding the team back is a fraud under center who for his career is a average passer at best. For all the credit he gets running the ball Mark Sanchez had mor rushing TD's last year. 2010 was unreal, he literally played for his life. Once he was paid it was back to the Mike Vick experience. Eagles play Bal next week, the NYG-PIT in weeks 4-5. Start 2-3 and the Foles bandwagon have more people on it than me.

I can't remember word for word but John Wooden said something that always stuck with me. That winning and loosing isn't determined by the scoreboard. If you play a team that your 50 points better than and only win by 20 then you didn't play up to your ability. To him the other team won. We just beat the Browns. . . Imagine what you would be saying if the Eagles lost this game.

Reid and the front office jobs are on the line. I'm sure they seen wide open receivers all over the field and decided to keep throwing and not all this bull#### you hear on the radio, TV and internet about not wanting to run the ball. Too bad dropping back and making a anticipation throw in a west coast offense isn't on Vick's new resume. He's never going to win a Superbowl.

Nick Foles could very well go down as the most overrated/over-hyped player in Philadelphia sports history, people around here in Philly are literally talking about the guy like he's the second coming of Tom Brady. You know what they say, "the most popular player in Philly is the backup quarterback." I don't ever remember this much hype surrounding a guy who wasn't a first round draft pick, and hasn't played a single down in a regular season NFL game yet. Hell, Kevin Kolb had regular season success and even he didn't have as much hype surrounding him as Nick Foles. Let's give the 2010 runner up MVP a pass on week 1 because we're going to go as far as he can take us. Nick Foles is not the answer this year, this is Mike Vicks football team. Sorry haters...

So running the ball will cure the problem which is Vick as you stated?I didn't feel like editing the redzone fumble. It was around the 50. Football terms it's even worse giving up that field position. So thanks.

I'm not changing anything, Quarterbacks throw the football so Nick Foles is the best QB on the team. I knew he was good but I didn't think he would be as good as he was in the preseason this fast. Mark my words and put them in your signature, either this year or next Nick Foles will be the starting QB for the Eagles. Salary doesn't matter to you guys but I bet you it will matter when the Eagles think about paying him 15 million next year with Foles on the bench. This team has a ridiculous amount of talent. Defense is great, WR/TE catch everything and Shady is elite. The only thing holding the team back is a fraud under center who for his career is a average passer at best. For all the credit he gets running the ball Mark Sanchez had mor rushing TD's last year. 2010 was unreal, he literally played for his life. Once he was paid it was back to the Mike Vick experience. Eagles play Bal next week, the NYG-PIT in weeks 4-5. Start 2-3 and the Foles bandwagon have more people on it than me.

I can't remember word for word but John Wooden said something that always stuck with me. That winning and loosing isn't determined by the scoreboard. If you play a team that your 50 points better than and only win by 20 then you didn't play up to your ability. To him the other team won. We just beat the Browns. . . Imagine what you would be saying if the Eagles lost this game.

Reid and the front office jobs are on the line. I'm sure they seen wide open receivers all over the field and decided to keep throwing and not all this bull#### you hear on the radio, TV and internet about not wanting to run the ball. Too bad dropping back and making a anticipation throw in a west coast offense isn't on Vick's new resume. He's never going to win a Superbowl.
:confused: :wall:

back to the Baltimore game.... I actually think this is going to be a close one. they are not as good on the road and their oline is not great. we will get sacks and turnovers. their def is also not as great as it once was and we will move the ball. if they cut back vicks pass attempts and he only has 1 to 2 turnovers we win... anything more than that we lose. I think its that simple...

I hope so, but being an Eagles fan all my life I have to be a little less optimistic. They won't throw 59 times, but they'll throw enough and Vick will play poorly enough that I see the Ravens landing a solid 2 score win.

We'll see. :popcorn:

I think they'll play Baltimore tight. Vick will have less rust, and I tend to think this defense is legit. I'm not sold on Baltimores defense being all that good anymore. I could see Philly winning 27-21, but the opposite wouldn't surprise me.
:coffee:

Now they'll lay an egg vs. Arizona.
We'll see. I don't think it would be a shock if we lost to them. They are 2-0 and just went into New England and beat the patriots... they can do that, they can beat anyone... especially at home.I like our chances though... like others have said... we aren't playing great, but other years we would find a way to lose, not win these close games. I think the offense will come alive next week in the dome

Impressive victory today, I like the fact that they're winning these tight games instead of losing them like last year. 2-0 is all that matters as far as I'm concerned. :thumbup:

If you can have 9 turnovers in 2 games and be 2-0 it's amazing!

The D looks legit!

And for everything Vick may be he is damn sure NOT #5 in the 4th quarter!

Let's hope these injuries on the OL arent bad!

These guys drive me nuts and are way disfunctional but watching a QB that actually leads his team to victory at the end of games without folding/puking is refreshing. The rookies, Boykin, Kendricks, D. Johnson, etc all look to be players.

Users who are viewing this thread