What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Offseason Dynasty Trades (3 Viewers)

Team A gave: Josh Johnson/Barden/1.01/2.11/3.03/4.06

Team B gave: Charles/Leshoure/1.04
Terrible trade by Team B. He's going to really regret that in two years.
Doubt it takes 2 years for regret to set in. Horrible trade. And I'm a big Richardson fan.
It is not a deal I ever would have done, but it is not that horrible. I could see someone like EBF making this trade - if one believes Richardson is a mortal lock to succeed in the NFL, then one could justify giving up two injured players whom we have no guarantee will ever fully recover from their injuries, plus what normally is a 2nd tier 1st round rookie pick. Also, while the 2.11 and 3.03 picks can be viewed as throw-ins, one might get lucky with them.However, Charles seems likely to at some point to return close to 100% from his ACL injury and if that is the case, then the transaction is a wash at best and that is assuming that Richardson is not only everything as advertised, but also lands in the right situation (see Jonathan Stewart). And then the trade would become a loser if Team A also hits big on the 1.04 pick and/or Leshore fully recovers from his Achilles injury and succeeds in Detroit. Again, I don't like this trade, but it has the potential to work out well for Team B.
I will say this for the trade - the 1.04 seems to be a bust every year.

Team A gave: Cam Newton, McGahee, Reece, 2.7 rookie pick

Team B gave: Brady, Gore, J. Rodgers, 1.1 rookie pick

12 team PPRTrade 1Team A gotM Forte, J Best and K SmithTeam B gotP Hillis, Felix and JulioTrade 2Team A gotVick, Flynn, Vereen, G Tate and F DavisTeam B gotBradford, Spiller, V Brown, Torrey Smith and K Boss
I was one of the teams involved in the Forte, Best and Smith for Hillis, Felix and Julio trade. Curious as to which team you guys think won this trade? Anyone?

12 team PPRTrade 1Team A gotM Forte, J Best and K SmithTeam B gotP Hillis, Felix and JulioTrade 2Team A gotVick, Flynn, Vereen, G Tate and F DavisTeam B gotBradford, Spiller, V Brown, Torrey Smith and K Boss
I was one of the teams involved in the Forte, Best and Smith for Hillis, Felix and Julio trade. Curious as to which team you guys think won this trade? Anyone?
Also just did this trade in a 12 team PPR dynasty league:I gave up Denarious Moore for Reggie Bush.

I like the side getting Julio, but I am really high on him and down on Best. I think it is pretty fair overall.

Another trade involving Cam in one of my leagues (I'm not included in this one)

Team A gave: Cam, Best

Team B gave: Schaub, Sproles

:shock:

Rebuilding my team in a ppr-idp=dynasty league.

Traded Arian Foster/Ben Tate for 2012 1st (1.10), 2013 1st, 2014 1st, 2012 3rd, and 2013 2nd

Have 4 1st round picks in 2013 now, after trading Wayne/MJD as well.

Is this as bad as I think it is, 12 team PPR dynasty (or am I over reacting?)

Team A gives: 1.3 rookie pick, Antonio Brown, Best

Team B gives: Roddy White, Benson, Donald Brown, Cutler, 3.2

Just made this trade in a 12 team PPR league-

I gave: Smitty, Gore, Meachem, Baldwin, 3.7, 1st rounder in 2013

I got: Julio Jones, 1.4 rookie pick.

Is this as bad as I think it is, 12 team PPR dynasty (or am I over reacting?) Team A gives: 1.3 rookie pick, Antonio Brown, BestTeam B gives: Roddy White, Benson, Donald Brown, Cutler, 3.2
Rather have 1.3/Brown side, but I don't think it's horrible. Best means little to me now, I'd honestly rather have Donald Brown and hope he keeps the job, and if Cutler (ever) gets a big time WR he could be very good again.

'ConnSKINS26 said:
Gave: 1.02, 3.8, LloydGot: 1.01
Blackmon going #1 then?
No, why?
Just thought because you gave up a WR to move up. Maybe wishful thinking as the 1.02 owner.
Nah. Definitely going Richardson, and I'm excited about it. I think this is actually a really cheap price to move from 1.2 to 1.1 (assuming Richardson declares of course). But then I knew the guy at 1.1 wanted Blackmon, and before he changed his mind after all of the draft hype, etc. on Richardson, never mind his actual landing spot, I offered him a deal and promised him I wouldn't take his man at 1.1I just couldn't risk him changing his mind, or trading the pick for a ransom later on. So I grabbed it for myself, and now I control my destiny in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
'ConnSKINS26 said:
'cstu said:
'ConnSKINS26 said:
Blackmon going #1 then?
No, why?
Just thought because you gave up a WR to move up. Maybe wishful thinking as the 1.02 owner.
Nah. Definitely going Richardson, and I'm excited about it. I think this is actually a really cheap price to move from 1.2 to 1.1 (assuming Richardson declares of course). But then I knew the guy at 1.1 wanted Blackmon, and before he changed his mind after all of the draft hype, etc. on Richardson, never mind his actual landing spot, I offered him a deal and promised him I wouldn't take his man at 1.1I just couldn't risk him changing his mind, or trading the pick for a ransom later on. So I grabbed it for myself, and now I control my destiny in the draft.
Just out of curiosity and I know it's a long shot but what happens if Richardson decides to stay in school? Do you break your promise and take Blackmon or select someone else at 1.01?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another trade involving Cam in one of my leagues (I'm not included in this one)Team A gave: Cam, BestTeam B gave: Schaub, Sproles :shock:
The juxtaposition of value exchanged for Cam in the two trades you've listed is pretty funny. As a Newton owner I couldn't accept the first one fast enough and couldn't reject the second one fast enough (even if Best wasn't "thrown in").

I agree Octopus, 2 extremes.

Another trade this morning involving Gronk and CJ3

Team A gives: Chris Johnson, Olsen, A. Brown, 2.11

Team B gives: DeAngelo, Gronk, Titus Young

funny. I didn't even catch that the first time.

Another trade went through in a different league, I thought this was pretty close, but maybe a slight favor to the team getting Bush. Or is this way off and I'm wrong?

Team A gives: M. Bush, Torrey Smith, 3.3

Team B gives: K.Smith, Titus Young, 2.12

I agree Octopus, 2 extremes. Another trade this morning involving Gronk and CJ3Team A gives: Chris Johnson, Olsen, A. Brown, 2.11Team B gives: DeAngelo, Gronk, Titus Young
Horrible for A. Much rather have the Johnson package.
softball...must...resist...
LMAO.
Just don't shove the Johnson package down anyone's throat. Let them chew on it a while before accepting.

funny. I didn't even catch that the first time.Another trade went through in a different league, I thought this was pretty close, but maybe a slight favor to the team getting Bush. Or is this way off and I'm wrong?Team A gives: M. Bush, Torrey Smith, 3.3Team B gives: K.Smith, Titus Young, 2.12
Bush/Smith side killed it IMO.

12 team, Keep 12, non-ppr. RIght after this weekend's games, traded Flynn, Denarius Moore, J Ford, V Brown, 2012 1.10 pickFor2012 1.01 pickWas probably only going to keep D Moore from that group so I feel like it was basically Moore and 1.10 for 1.01. Other team has a horrible roster without enough decent players to get to 12 keepers IMHO so I went quantity over quality to get a chance at Richardson.
Nice job robbing your little brother. Just kidding. Good trade for 1.1

'ConnSKINS26 said:
'cstu said:
'ConnSKINS26 said:
Blackmon going #1 then?
No, why?
Just out of curiosity and I know it's a long shot but what happens if Richardson decides to stay in school? Do you break your promise and take Blackmon or select someone else at 1.01?
Its a damn good question, but I'd have to stick to my word. Otherwise, I'd never be trusted again in that league. That's a tough stigma to overcome when you like to trade a lot, and like your league-mates. I'd probably take whoever my favorite RB was, in the best situation, to keep my word.

Not sure what to make of this one in my league - PPR league

Team A

Traded Away:

Jacoby Ford (OAK)

Cam Newton (CAR)

2013 Draft, Rnd 1

Acquired:

Eli Manning (NYG)

Darren McFadden (OAK)

2013 Draft, Rnd 1

Its a damn good question, but I'd have to stick to my word. Otherwise, I'd never be trusted again in that league. That's a tough stigma to overcome when you like to trade a lot, and like your league-mates. I'd probably take whoever my favorite RB was, in the best situation, to keep my word.
Screw that. Trade down with someone else who is hot to grab Blackmon, and let them break your word for you. :yes:

12 Team PPR - trading is a bit skewed (bonus at 100 & 200 total yards for RB & WR)

Bonus for RB after 50 yards & 5 rec

No KR/PR yardage point until 100 yard total reached

Sold DeMarco Murray Dallas RB & Pierre Garcon Indy WR plus 4.03 rookie pick (about worthless IMO)

Received Ryan Matthews SD RB, Titus Young Det WR & 1.07 rookie pick

He really wanted Murray and was shopping Matthews and his 1st rounder

I had a harder time parting with Garcon than Murray

Given Wayne's age and the garbage time yards in Indy, Garcon has big value

12 team, Keep 12, non-ppr. RIght after this weekend's games, traded Flynn, Denarius Moore, J Ford, V Brown, 2012 1.10 pickFor2012 1.01 pickWas probably only going to keep D Moore from that group so I feel like it was basically Moore and 1.10 for 1.01. Other team has a horrible roster without enough decent players to get to 12 keepers IMHO so I went quantity over quality to get a chance at Richardson.
Nice job robbing your little brother. Just kidding. Good trade for 1.1
Yeah, I know I get a "can't miss" prospect in Trent Richardson (assuming he declares), but he gets a top 20 dynasty WR, and potential stud future QB, a solid-when-healthy WR in Ford and a 1st round pick that could very well be the Cam Newton or D Murray of this year's draft. I didn't think it was that bad of an offer, especially for another team that needs loads of keepable players to get to 12. But, yeah, a couple of other owners in the league thought it was an unfair trade, but most thought that my abundance of good players lined up nicely with the other team's needs. Thanks for the response.

Screw that. Trade down with someone else who is hot to grab Blackmon, and let them break your word for you. :yes:
I'd probably have to consider that, but its still a #### move haha.

Users who are viewing this thread