What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Offseason Dynasty Trades (1 Viewer)

don't mind saying that i thinkStewart > SpillerAustin > JacksonAHern > VDand to move up three spots hoping to get a QB that may fall, i would have waited until the rookie draft and made an offer of my 1.08 and which ever position the 1.05 guy wanted to upgrade... but if you "need" a qb that is different, and then i would have tried to go after a Top 3 pick so you would be assured a QB (or TRich)right now i see 9 rookies i would like in the first round (2QB, 4RB and 3WR) and that doesn't count Polk, Jeffery or Randle
Not particularly the point of this thread but I'd saySpiller >> StewartAustin >>> JacksonDavis > Hernandez1.05 > 1.08Overall, seems pretty even to me. I'm not really sure which side I would want without really diving into the trade.

One more trade...Team A Gives - Jake Locker, Dane Sanzenbacher, Damian WilliamsTeam B Gives - Jaquizz Rodgers, Donald Brown, Blaine GabbertPuts me a little thin at qb, but I have Rodgers, so I dont have a huge need for #2. I own Delone Carter as well, so combined with Brown, they should hopefully give a starting rb option if needed.
I'd much rather have Jacquizz/Donald Brown side.
I love it because I dont see Gabbert as too much of a downgrade and he still could come on. Great reports this off-season about how they are going to do things for him to succeed. I think for being the youngest player in the NFL last year, he gets a huge bad rap. Give him 2 more years before we write him off. IN the end you might even win that part. But the RB for WR part was nice as ROdgers might be the best player in this tradeThat was my thinking too. Obviously Gabbert is a downgrade from Locker at backup QB spot, but since I will only be starting him one week a year until I can get a replacement (unless Rodgers get hurt, and in that case, I'm not winning anyway), I'll take the RB value.

Non-PPR: I give: Larry Fitzgerald I get: Ryan mathews
If you have the depth at WR, I like that move. Though you may have to grit your teeth if Manning heads to Arizona and starts slinging it to Fitz. You lose today, but I'm a Mathews believer.
Team A receives: DeSean/Sidney Rice/GreshamTeam B receives: Stafford/Gates/3.10/4.51 ppr
Wow...selling Stafford completely short IMO. I wouldn't take DJax/Sidney/Gresham for Stafford alone.
Forgot to include its only 4pts per td passing.
Doesn't matter IMO. Stafford is only 24 and throwing to arguably the #1 dynasty player today in CJ. He showed he can stay healthy a full season. I have him as my #3 QB just barely behind Cam. DJax is a head case and hasn't shown much lately. Rice is dealing with injuries and on a Seattle team that doesn't excite me. Gresham is a good young TE, but also has injury concerns. Sorry...I just hate that deal.

almost feel bad about this one, but it was a counter and it frees me up from "having" to draft a WR at 1.04

received:

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

gave up:

Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.06

Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.06

Side Bar: This is a great time to sell rookie picks since we are fresh off the combine hype and before the draft. And some teams that got rid of all their rookie picks last year are trying to get back into the draft.

I traded Crabtree for S. Rice. I know some may not like the trade but I think Rice will turn out around this year.

Would like some feedback on this. I feel like I may have overpaid a little by giving up the 1.05 for a TE, but I have Olsen and haven't had much luck in trades to improve.

Team A Gave - 1.05

Team B Gave - Aaron Hernandez, 3.03, 3.04

Would like some feedback on this. I feel like I may have overpaid a little by giving up the 1.05 for a TE, but I have Olsen and haven't had much luck in trades to improve. Team A Gave - 1.05Team B Gave - Aaron Hernandez, 3.03, 3.04
Assuming you are solid at all positions other than TE, I like this trade for you.

Would like some feedback on this. I feel like I may have overpaid a little by giving up the 1.05 for a TE, but I have Olsen and haven't had much luck in trades to improve. Team A Gave - 1.05Team B Gave - Aaron Hernandez, 3.03, 3.04
Considering Hernandez scores like a WR2 or better most of the time, I think you did fine. There's still usually some good talent to be had in the 3rd round, so I think you did well.

Assuming you are solid at all positions other than TE, I like this trade for you.
Right now, I have Aaron Rodgers, Matt Forte, Dez Bryant, and Hernandez at the core of my team, with a lot of picks (1.7, 2.2, 2.5, 2.6, 3.3, 3.4), and a lot of upside players for the future (Jacquizz, Donald Brown/Delone Carter, Sanders, Ford, Cobb, Collie, Lafell). It's a rebuild effort, or more effectively a building effort, because two of us had a dispersal draft, but I'm hoping to have a relatively quick turnaround.

Team A gives:Josh FreemanAdrian PetersonTampa Mike2.05Team B gives:Tom Brady1.01
I think this is a horrible trade for Team A. I'd take Brady OR the 1.01 over any individual player (or combination of two for that matter) that Team A is giving up.

Team A gives:Josh FreemanAdrian PetersonTampa Mike2.05Team B gives:Tom Brady1.01
I think this is a horrible trade for Team A. I'd take Brady OR the 1.01 over any individual player (or combination of two for that matter) that Team A is giving up.
So it's good for Team A...because they are getting Brady and the 1.01.I'd love to hear Team B's explanation why they though this was good for them. Maybe they don't believe in Richardson? Maybe they are a Bucs fan? Maybe a Vikings fan? Do either of those exist?

So it's good for Team A...because they are getting Brady and the 1.01.I'd love to hear Team B's explanation why they though this was good for them. Maybe they don't believe in Richardson? Maybe they are a Bucs fan? Maybe a Vikings fan? Do either of those exist?
I'd say he's probably not really a believer in devastating ACL injuries.

AJ Green, Marcedes Lewis, rookie pick 3.04

FOR

Toby Gerhart (to Peterson owner), Jimmy Graham, rooke pick 2.07

.5 PPR

(Edited to fix rookie picks)

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team, PPR, 4 pt for pass TD

Team A gave up:

Bradford, Sam STL QB

Jackson, Fred BUF RB

Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR

Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

Team B gave up:

Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE

Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.02

Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.11

Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.12

Then:

Team A gave up:

Cassel, Matt KCC QB

Tate, Ben HOU RB

Team C gave up:

Ponder, Christian MIN QB

Leshoure, Mikel DET RB

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick

Team A is in rebuild mode.

12 team, PPR, 4 pt for pass TDTeam A gave up: Bradford, Sam STL QB Jackson, Fred BUF RB Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR Pitta, Dennis BAL TE Team B gave up: Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.02 Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.11 Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.12Then: Team A gave up: Cassel, Matt KCC QB Tate, Ben HOU RBTeam C gave up: Ponder, Christian MIN QB Leshoure, Mikel DET RB Year 2013 Round 2 Draft PickTeam A is in rebuild mode.
Love both deals for team A

Users who are viewing this thread