What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Anarchy League 8 Thread (1 Viewer)

TMQB: New England, Miami

Should get better than average production with these two. A lot of people are down on Brady, but he has produced solid numbers with less quality receiving corps than he has this this year. Pats improved running game should help with his play action and hopefully Gronk isn't out more than the first 2-3 games. I like Miami passing game this year with a young up coming QB that got new weapons in the off season. Guessing one of these two teams should win the AFC East and the other has a shot to sneak in as a wild card.

RB: Mark Ingram, Ray Rice, Fred Jackson, Stevan Ridley

I like this group. Rice and Ridley should produce well and consistently. Ingram and Jackson will hopefully have a few solid games as their team's #2 if they can stay healthy. I am planning on getting some playoff games from at least 2 of these guys.

WR: Doug Baldwin, Justin Blackmon, Greg Jennings, Brian Quick, Reggie Wayne

Not the strongest group in the league, but I think they should be sufficient. Hopefully Wayne can continue to produce and be a favorite target of Luck's. Jennings, Quick and Blackmon could be total flops, but they do have talent and should be on the field a lot while their team is trying to play catch up and throwing the ball all around the field. Took a late flier on Baldwin after the report confirming that Harvin was having surgery and likely done for the year. Hopefully will get one of these guys on a playoff team.

TE: David Ausberry, Heath Miller, Kyle Rudolph

Was happy to take 3 TE's in this league. I like Rudolph as the #2 receiving option and #1 red zone threat in Minny. Sounds like Miller will miss a handful of games and maybe on the PUP list for the first 6. Hoping he can comeback and be a solid producer for me down the stretch. Ausberry is getting glowing reviews as the receiving TE in Oakland.

PK: Garrett Hartley and Matt Bryant

Two guys that are on high powered offensive teams that kick indoors for more that half their season and both have very strong playoff chances.

DEF: Arizona and New Orleans

Got two defensives that can hopefully be at least middle of the pack or a little better.

Overall, I like this team more than the team I drafted in Anarchy 1 (which of course means that this one will suck worse). I don't see any glaring weeknesses in this team and if this team is in contention down the stretch I should have plenty of scoring still to come in the playoffs.

Meh... I kinda disliked my team through the process after going with the trend of taking TE early and going with Finley over Sjax (Packer fan) to start the 4th... but looking at the teams I think I'll be competitive.

QB:

Cincy

Minny

I like Dalton, would've liked to have gotten him at the next turn but had to get a QB. I think he really takes a step this year and the Playoffs should be attainable, and maybe they even win one this year. I think it could end up being Cassel over Ponder in Minny, playoffs could be tough but they made it last year. A Bengals vs Vikings SB isn't very likely at all but good to have a QB from each conference

RB:

Almo

Beast Mode

Joique

Pierre Thomas

Decent group here, wish I had Sjax as my 3rd RB though instead of Finley. I think my 3 and 4 should contribute a tad each week and could have some pretty big weeks if the guys ahead of them (not exactly models of health) miss time. None are guys that will lose out on a lot of points from no RB PPR.

WR:

Fitz

Smitty

Djax

Hartline

Sanu
Morgan

Could end up being the real strength of my team here. Fitz is due for a resurgence with Palmer. Smitty has at least another year of 1000/7 in him. Djax should be the #1 with Maclin down. Hartline still clicking with Tannehill and could repeat last year's #s. Sanu was looking great before he got healthy and Morgan is on one of the best offenses in the league and his YPC last year was WHOA! (37.9) so there is upside there

TE:

Finley

Fleener

Both should be high reception guys and no reason why the TDs cant be there too. One of the better combos in the league IMO

DST:

Chargers

Cowboys

Probably no playoffs here but both squads have stretches where they play really tough

Kickers:

Gano

Suisam

Team kickers would have made this a lot easier

Thumbs up to the drafters in this group, finishing in two weeks was great, as it makes it worthwhile to check in often. And thanks to David for filling in for those who were too slow at times or bailed entirely.

My team (draft slot/ number taken at that position)

QBs: Bal. (6.06-18th QB)—earlier than I would have liked to take a QB but they were flying off the shelf and this one seems to always seems to play two playoff games, though I’m not sure I would have bitten here if Pitta had been hurt at this point in the draft, as Flacco’s weapons aren’t what they were last year; KC (9.11/25th)—while I don’t like to take a QB early I don’t like to be stuck with one of the last ones either, and Andy Reid’s playing call might result in a lot of passing yards, even for Alex Smith.

RBs: Le’Veon Bell (5.11/25th RB)—in a leagues where you can’t replace injured players, I don’t like to take RB too early because of they tend to go down more often and for longer stretches than the top WR, but you need four of them and this guy, who should be durable, seemed the guy to take at this point, particularly if the Steelers find themselves in some cold weather games in Dec. and Jan.; Shane Vereen (7.11/32nd)—while he won’t get the PPR , he’ll get the yards, so filling my RB2 with someone who could be Brady’s WR2 (and WR1 when Amendola goes down) seemed to make sense here; Shonn Greene (12.06/52nd)—seems to be coming in as more than just a backup, and there certainly were games the past couple of years that CJ just wasn’t getting it done; Cierre Wood (18.06/67th)—if he's the third RB in Hou. playing time may appear behind a good O-line and I’m an ND fan, so I couldn’t resist, passing on more sure things for weekly points.

WRs: Julio Jones (1.11/2nd WR)-- greater playoff potential and durability nosed him past the other WRs and TE I was considering; Wes Welker (4.06/15th)—I realize he won’t be the NE version, but I’m hoping that Peyton shows his gratitude to management by using him often; Ryan Broyles (10.06-52nd)—if he stays healthy the WR2 in the Detroit offense seems to be worth this pick; Aaron Dobson (11.11-72nd)—Brady likes to spread it around and given his draft position and early camp reports, counting on this guy to get opportunities doesn’t seem totally out of the question; Rod Streater (13.11/81st)—grabbed him before the positive reports came out this week because of his position in the Oak. food chain as a possession WR2 behind an injury prone WR1 deep threat with the new QB lacking a strong arm and any experienced outlet at TE who may have to throw a lot.

TEs: Vernon Davis (2.06-4th TE)—give the scoring wanted to fill this position early and he seemed to click in January with Kapernick, who will have fewer choices this year, took him over Gonzalez because of comparative youth; Greg Olsen (3.11/6th)—wanted Pitta, now glad he was gone, little chance of playoff points, but Carolina is like SF in that they have few receiving options; Mercedes Lewis (8.06/22nd)—even less playoff potential but an improved O-line should get him more opportunities on a team that might have to throw alot, and with Blackmon out I’m hoping Gabbert quickly gets used to leaning on him.

Def/Sp: Atl (14.06/17th)—defenses aren’t too reliable year to year, so I tend to wait, and grab from the middle, such as this one, which could get me some Jan. points); Tenn (15.11/21st)—third best in this scoring system in weeks 10 through 17 last year, and got them a couple of rounds later than the other top ones.

PK: Josh Brown (16.06/14th)—didn’t want to wait until the very end and risk having to choose a kicker who might not win his camp competition, and this one has the potential for Jan. points; Rob Bironas (17.11/23rd)—if healthy should have a job all year, which is all you can ask at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, I feel terrible for putting you all in a tough spot(had a serious personal emergency that came up with my family and also totally forgot about this). I share my laptop with my roomate and the shark pool is one of the tabs that automatically opens up when we open up our browser which explains why I was online but could not respond to PM's and did not post during that time either. Sorry for any of the troubles I caused, was definitely not intentional.

I'm feeling alright about my team. A few that I'm not hot on (especially J Stew) but overall feeling decent as long as 1-2 of my rookie WR's pan out.

Broncos, Denver DEN TMQB
Eagles, Philadelphia PHI TMQB

Jackson, Steven ATL RB
James, LaMichael SFO RB
Johnson, Chris TEN RB
Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB (O)

Boyce, Josh NEP WR
Hilton, T.Y. IND WR
Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR (Q)
Hunter, Justin TEN WR
Marshall, Brandon CHI WR
Wheaton, Markus PIT WR

Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE
Tamme, Jacob DEN TE (P)

Bullock, Randy HOU PK
Novak, Nick SDC PK

Redskins, Washington WAS Def
Texans, Houston HOU Def

For a little exercise in humility, I calculated in this league what a team composed of the bottom two QB teams, the bottom two Defense/Special teams, and the top free agents--4 RB, 5 WR, 3 TE, and 2 K--would have accumulated thus far. At 2837 points, it would be sitting in third place.

Neck and neck as we enter the post season.

bonesman 3145.64

Bengals TMQB

Marshawn Lynch SEA RB

Pierre Thomas NOS RB

DeSean Jackson PHI WR

Mohamed Sanu CIN WR

Steve Smith CAR WR

Coby Fleener IND TE

Graham Gano CAR PK

Chargers Defense

gebz306 3132.08

Chargers TMQB

Danny Amendola NEP WR

Julian Edelman NEP WR

Ed Dickson BAL TE

Antonio Gates SDC TE

Mason Crosby GBP PK

Eagles Defense

For a little exercise in humility, I calculated in this league what a team composed of the bottom two QB teams, the bottom two Defense/Special teams, and the top free agents--4 RB, 5 WR, 3 TE, and 2 K--would have accumulated thus far. At 2837 points, it would be sitting in third place.
wow

bonesman said:
wow
The reason for this is obvious. The free agents all played and won jobs while the guys we picked before the season got hurt or saw less playing time.

wow
The reason for this is obvious. The free agents all played and won jobs while the guys we picked before the season got hurt or saw less playing time.
Granted, but alot of the names were known and credible end-game picks at the time: K. Allen, D. Walker, H. Douglas, D. Brown, etc. Do you ever add up all the points in each league to determine which league did best overall?

Teams with 300 points of the lead . . .

bonesman 3208.80

Marshawn Lynch SEA RB

Pierre Thomas NOS RB

Steve Smith CAR WR

Coby Fleener IND TE

Graham Gano CAR PK

Chargers Defense

gebz306 3160.10

Chargers TMQB

Danny Amendola NEP WR

Julian Edelman NEP WR

Antonio Gates SDC TE

Mason Crosby SDC PK

ummich10 3002.32

Frank Gore SFO RB

Demaryius Thomas DEN WR
49ers Defense

Penguin 2985.36

Anquan Boldin SFO WR

Marques Colston NOS WR

Percy Harvin SEA WR

Golden Tate SEA WR

Jimmy Graham NOS TE

Shayne Graham CIN PK

Steveski 2962.22

Broncos TMQB

LaMichael James SFO RB

Jonathan Stewart CAR RB

T.Y. Hilton IND WR

Jacob Tamme DEN TE

Nick Novak SDC PK

Dork Matter 2929.92

Colts TMQB

Montee Ball DEN RB

Darrius Heyward-Bey IND WR

Adam Vinatieri IND PK

Colys Defense

And with NE falling to Den I officially win this.

No major injuries helped. I lost Finely (98) and Joe Morgan (0)... other than that noone scored less than 100 points. Dalton and Djax were huge for me. Marshawn was also big too. Next year I'll probably wait much longer on QB and TE instead of following the herd as much.

gebz306 finished second. 3rd place not yet decided.

ummich10 3078 (DThomas)

Penguin 3073 (Tate)

Steveski 3040 (DEN TMQB, Tamme)

Users who are viewing this thread