What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Denver Broncos Training Camp reports (3 Viewers)

It sounds like Duke Ihenacho has been impressive, but is he just going to be a special teams guy or does he have a shot at starting? I realize it is early, but would appreciate your thoughts on the safety situation CL. Thank you

The Claymaker said:
It sounds like Duke Ihenacho has been impressive, but is he just going to be a special teams guy or does he have a shot at starting? I realize it is early, but would appreciate your thoughts on the safety situation CL. Thank you
The Broncos might be bold enough to start him this year. It's a pretty weak position, four players have been rotating at the starting safety spots, and Duke has been impressive boldly intercepting passes and making a bold statement with his play in training camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Claymaker said:
I like the energy that Ihenacho has been showing every day in camp. He's laid out some guys with big hits and likes to talk. In coverage he's not doing bad either. With this performance he should make the team but I would be surprised if he opened up the season as the starter.

3optic said:
Can I tell you? I love this thread
Thanks man, it's a blast covering training camp every year. I get pumped up just as much now as I used to when I first started in the media (2003).

What would you say is a fair over/under for rushing yards for Ball this year? Total yards? TDs? A leaguemate of mine and I were discussing an over/under bet on 1000 total yards and another one on 10 TDs, does that seem high or low to you?

I'm curious about a couple of guys on Defense. Namely Nate Irving and Q Smith the rook. Thanks Cecil! Great stuff as always.
thanks man! Irving is strongly cemented at MLB right now. Steven Johnson has been out of position on a few plays and late in coverage. Irving has gotten burned in coverage (see practice reports) too, but is always around the football.

Smith should be effective as a part time pass rusher. He's not fully healthy yet but has a good burst and bend around the edge.

A surprising player has been Malik Jackson. He's not pretty with his play but just filthy strong and plays nasty. He's making some plays in the pit.

What would you say is a fair over/under for rushing yards for Ball this year? Total yards? TDs? A leaguemate of mine and I were discussing an over/under bet on 1000 total yards and another one on 10 TDs, does that seem high or low to you?
Those numbers (1,000 all purpose yards, 10 TDs) are close. It all depends on how quickly he can get up to speed as a pass blocker. Right now he's far behind both Moreno and Hillman in that department.

No matter where he lands on the depth chart Ball is the red zone back. That's where his TD numbers will come from. Denver was top 10 in rushing attempts and rushing TDs last year. When they get in the red zone they like to run.

Cecil your reports are more informative than a whole day of watching espn/nfln and searching the internet for training camp info. I feel like I'm there. Thanks.

How deep of a dynasty league would you start considering Brock as a Peyton hc? That's if you would of course. He's going to step in eventually for a team loaded with weapons. I though this was the perfect spot for him to sit and learn to work on his game, primarily his decision making.

Hey Cecil. Thanks so much for posting these reports. I'm extremely appreciative. I wish we had something like this for every team.

I'm curious how you envision the carries and catches being split between the skill position players. From your reports it seems to me that Hillman has a lock on the starting job and Ball isn't doing anything to overtake him at this point. Where does Knowshon Moreno fit into the rotation though? You've been praising Julius Thomas for a couple years now and now it looks like he might crack the starting line up. But is there enough balls to go around to make him fantasy relevant this year?

Here is how I have the team projected as of right now:

Peyton Manning - 403/592 4618 yards 36/14 and 20 rushes for 10 yards. 261.9 fantasy points

Ronnie Hillman - 240/1008/4 and 28/182/1. 177 fantasy points

Montee Ball - 160/672/7 and 24/168/1. 156 fantasy points

Knowshon Moreno - 48/192/1 and 12/106/1. 52.8 fantasy points

Demaryius Thomas - 84/1294/10. 273.4 fantasy points

Wes Welker - 92/1030/6. 231 fantasy points

Eric Decker - 72/950/9. 221 fantasy points

Jacob Tamme - 32/320/1. 86 fantasy points

Julius Thomas - 24/264/3. 80.4 fantasy points

Joel Dreesen - 24/240/3. 78 fantasy points

Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Cecil your reports are more informative than a whole day of watching espn/nfln and searching the internet for training camp info. I feel like I'm there. Thanks.

How deep of a dynasty league would you start considering Brock as a Peyton hc? That's if you would of course. He's going to step in eventually for a team loaded with weapons. I though this was the perfect spot for him to sit and learn to work on his game, primarily his decision making.
I like Brock rostered in 12 team 20 man (at least) dynasty leagues. He's a year or two away from starting with loaded offense and franchise LT wrapped up.

I love these reports, too, but with all due respect to Cecil, he was raving about Hillman this much last year, and he didn't get the starting job over Moreno when McGahee went down last year, so I am taking that info with a grain of salt. :)

I love these reports, too, but with all due respect to Cecil, he was raving about Hillman this much last year, and he didn't get the starting job over Moreno when McGahee went down last year, so I am taking that info with a grain of salt. :)
I'm with ya about the grain of salt but to be honest EVERYONE'S opinion should be taken that way... I am willing to give Cecil a bit more of a break abt Hillman last yr because if what we learned after the season abt him losing a bunch of weight... Another factor that clearly went into the decision of Moreno over hillman down the stretch was the work that Moreno was putting in through the weeks on the scout team... His pass pro was adequate and in a perfect work yes Hillman would have developed enough to take on that role when McGahee went down but it didn't work out that way... Enter Moreno from the fantasy graveyard and there you goCecil said numerous times last offseason tht they were grooming Hillman for that larger role and I still think that is true... Grooming and anointing are 2 very different things... I look back at their playoff loss last yr and I liken it to what happened to the Saints a few yrs back where they ultimately ended up being just a tad too thin at RB to complete the job... I believe this yr they will over correct that problem a bit with plenty of RB depth and maybe even a tweener like Hester who can step in as an RB in a pinch... RB as a whole is turning more and more into situational football so it doesn't surprise me that they have specific roles in mind for each of their backs

That's fine, and understood. This year he's been named the starter. We'll see if he can hang onto the job during the rest of camp.

Broncos | Ronnie Hillman the starter Thu Aug 1, 06:12 PM

Denver Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman has a firm hold on the No. 1 running back position to this point in training camp over RBs Montee Ball and Knowshon Moreno. 'How it moves forward -- we don't know enough about Montee Ball yet,' head coach John Fox said. 'We know what style he has. I've been very impressed with his football character. And you do find out pretty fast at that position.'

Footballguys view: Hillman has been a standout player every day in training camp while Ball continues to struggle. The Broncos are going to use a RBBC in 2013 with Hillman as their big play back. Ball will be the team's red zone back no matter where he lands on the depth chart because of his nose for the end zone.

Link to story

Knowshon Moreno player page

Montee Ball player page

Ronnie Hillman player page

beef said:
Named the starter for week 1? Where? Starter in camp means nothing right now.
Means nothing? I'd much rather have my guy named the starter in camp than not especially in this situation. I agree don't overplay the #1 spot now but certainly don't underplay it either.

Hasn't posted to the site yet, I'll just post day seven report here:

[SIZE=12pt]Broncos 2013 Training Camp Day Seven[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It’s that time of year again as the Denver Broncos have kicked off their training camp at Dove Valley. This is always my favorite time of year as we get to see the Broncos go through practice every day. I’ve watched this team in rookie minicamp, OTAs, and minicamp this offseason but none of that matches training camp. The Broncos have several position battles that will shake out over the next month. Training camp (plus the preseason) is where those battles are won. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Play Of The Day: RB Knowshon Moreno bouncing outside to the left on a TD run. Runner Up: The big fight that broke out in team drills. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Quarterback[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 18 Peyton Manning: He once again stood out completing passes over the field. Manning was under quite a bit of pressure in team drills but had enough time to spread the ball around and move the team down the field. Later in practice Manning slipped on a pass that had fans gasping for a heartbeat. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 17 Brock Osweiler: Osweiler continues to make a positive impression on the practice field. He can adjust his arm angle when the rush is oncoming. Osweiler’s mechanics used to be sidearm only. In college at Arizona State he had the release point of a 6’1” QB even though he measures in over 6’7”. When defenders get their hands up to swat a pass Osweiler can casually get the ball around him by manipulating his arm angle. When the pocket is clean then Osweiler uses fine mechanics with a release point high over his head. I also like Brock’s ability to use a pump fake to maneuver the defense and create space downfield to throw. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 2 Zac Dysert: I saw no plays of note from Dysert. There were more passes off the mark and interceptions. There were also more passes that were late and got his receivers hit. That’s nothing new from the first week. I want to see some improvement from Dysert and will be watching closely to see if that happens. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 8 Ryan Katz: Katz has decent zip and spins the ball nicely. Unlike Dysert, Katz spins the ball the same way every time. His tight spiral allows for better travel through the air and better touch on intermediate routes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Running Backs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 21 Ronnie Hillman: Hillman once again showed the willingness to be an inside runner. He showed good timing on a middle run that netted around six yards. Hillman was patient and waited for the hole to develop before quickly bursting to the second level. Last year that would have been the type of run where Hillman ran up the back of the Offensive Lineman in front of him. He was able to get open against OLB Wesley Woodyard and secured the catch before quickly turning up field. So long as a play is blocked properly Hillman is consistently getting five yards per carry. If a hole is not there then Hillman is doing a good job of ‘getting skinny’ and lowering his head for a yard or two. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 38 Montee Ball: Ball was getting swallowed up on most carries today. There was a carry that went to the four hole when Ball saw CB Omar Bolden closing in to make the tackle. He danced laterally to get to the six hole and was promptly dropped by SS Mike Adams. That play may have worked in college but going East/West too much in the pros will lead to yardage lost. We’ll see if Ball can mature as a runner and learn he must stuff it up there for positive yards. He worked in the red zone and receiver three carries that did not get over the stripe. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 27 Knowshon Moreno: Moreno scored a TD today on a red zone carry that he was able to bounce outside on the left side of the field. He’s not a big play back but has good burst to get to the second level. Moreno did try to bounce a run outside that went nowhere. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 35 Lance Ball: I have no notes on Lance Ball today. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 37 Jeremiah Johnson: He did not practice today due to a knee injury. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 39 C.J. Anderson: Anderson made a couple of nice plays as a receiver out of the backfield. He’s a big back but also showed some wiggle in the open field which is a bit surprising with the way that he’s built. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 22 Jacob Hester: Hester was bowling over defenders as a run blocker on Thursday. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wide Receivers[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 88 Demaryius Thomas: Thomas scooped up a low pass that was around his knees with a defender draped all over him. He continues to dominate at the point of attack and makes it look easy every day. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 83 Wes Welker: Welker gets his hands up quickly when the passes come in. He doesn’t tip off the route by raising his hands too soon, and will snatch the passes out of the air quickly. This gets the ball into his grip and away from defenders. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 87 Eric Decker: Decker caught a low pass that was near the top of the grass blades in practice. He took a big hit from CB Chris Harris but still held onto the ball. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 11 Trindon Holliday: Holliday caught a couple of passes on underneath routes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 12 Andre Caldwell: Caldwell did a good job of working the sideline early in practice. He had a strong day catching the football, including gathering in a pass that was behind him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 15 Tavarres King: King showed good body control near the sidelines. His speed lets him fly by unsuspecting defenders. His reputation as a speed guy is forcing defenders to give him a large cushion. This is leading to quick passes where he can make guys miss after the catch. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 89 Greg Orton: Orton had a few catches that he snagged but did not catch cleanly. He didn’t really bobble the passes but didn’t quickly secure them. If a defender would have been closer those type of catches have a chance of getting swatted away. Orton also had a pass he had to double catch near the sideline. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 16 Quincy McDuffie: McDuffie does a good job of looking in passes with arms extended away from the body. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 10 Gerell Robinson: I like his ability to catch passes above his head. Robinson struggles with passes that are low or behind him, but when the pass is high he can sky and go get it. He worked the sideline today. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 13 Kemonte’ Bateman: Bateman was able to go low for a pass that was off the mark from QB Zac Dysert. He also got hit on a catch that was late coming in from Dysert. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 19 Lamaar Thomas: He looks in passes and was able to sky for a high pass that was over his head (Dysert). Thomas is showing desire to go after any catch and plays with little regard for his personal safety. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tight Ends[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 84 Jacob Tamme: Tamme did not practice today due to a quadriceps injury. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 81 Joel Dreessen: Dreessen worked hard to slide and catch a low pass at the beginning of practice. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 80 Julius Thomas: He was in the mix on the fight that broke out during practice. Thomas shines with his size and ability to get defenders out of his way. It’s difficult to get around him because his shoulders are so broad and he can easily ‘box out’ defenders. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 85 Virgil Green: Green is still dropping too many passes in camp. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 82 Jake O’Connell: I’ve got zero notes on O’Connell. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Defense:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 99 Kevin Vickerson: Continues to get push in the middle of the line. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 91 Robert Ayers: Was able to push Chris Clark back into the QB. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. 58 Von Miller: Looked good off the edge. However, was stopped once (even with a second move) by Orlando Franklin in the pit. [/SIZE]

This is true although I am going to be fair because I Am one of those guys that has poked fun and said "Cecil loves Jeremiah Johnson..avoid"..or "whoever Cecil likes, flip it." With all that being said, I tip my hat because he is bringing great info and I love the format this year.

I know I am probably focussing on a part of these reports that people aren't all that interested in but I am LOVING what I am hearing about Tavarres King. I'm not there, of course, but in my mind, I am envisioning this cat that is allowing the Broncos to pick a weak spot because they have to play him off some and, to me, that sounds encouraging that a guy has some "make you miss" ability. Makes me feel pretty good that IF something happened to Thomas or Decker, King could at least stretch the field to allow the Broncos to still do what they want to do.

This is true although I am going to be fair because I Am one of those guys that has poked fun and said "Cecil loves Jeremiah Johnson..avoid"..or "whoever Cecil likes, flip it." With all that being said, I tip my hat because he is bringing great info and I love the format this year.
With both of you on this, and the thought has crossed my mind as well. I was one of the ones last fall talking about Moreno while the crowd pounced on Hillman post-McGahee.

All that being said, it's a year later, and I've said it before, but guys make huge jumps first to second year in the NFL with their conditioning, body, diet, etc. IF they're workers, and by all accounts Hillman is that, then they can make giant gains.

Reports on Hillman have been all positive, and frankly I'm more skeptical of Ball given the mediocre combine measurables, system in college, and just an overall gut feeling that I have trouble fully expressing. My willingness to buy Hillman also points to the presence of Moreno on my roster, who, IMO, would get a lot of the work should Hillman get hurt for some reason. Peyton's offenses demand protection from the RB, and Hillman and Moreno can do that.

If I owned Ball, and I don't, I'd be concerned about a Mark Ingram-like usage pattern where the D knows he's running if he's in the game, given his struggles in pass pro. Not always easy to have success in that situation, and it wouldn't take much for a contender like Denver to move on to Hillman or Moreno in the red zone if Ball doesn't produce.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, it's still really early, but Hillman IMO is worth the dice roll...

NFL Networks camp coverage has been great...on Inside Training Camp Live, catch the Terrell Davis - Champ Bailey interview if you can. Champ flipped the script and asked TD a few questions during the interview, it was pretty cool.

:thumbup:

MHR writer asked a number of media ppl at camp whose stock has been rising and whose has been falling in camp this week (including CL). Apparently Duke has been impressing folks during practices at Dove Valley. Someone asked about King. He is mentioned a couple times as having a good camp too.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-denver-broncos-training-camp/2013/8/2/4580872/denver-broncos-2013-training-camp-stock-report-up-down

I know I am probably focussing on a part of these reports that people aren't all that interested in but I am LOVING what I am hearing about Tavarres King. I'm not there, of course, but in my mind, I am envisioning this cat that is allowing the Broncos to pick a weak spot because they have to play him off some and, to me, that sounds encouraging that a guy has some "make you miss" ability. Makes me feel pretty good that IF something happened to Thomas or Decker, King could at least stretch the field to allow the Broncos to still do what they want to do.
Guess I'm not people. ;) King is the main person for whom I am looking for info here. Brock as well. I find the two very interesting and love being able to hear first-person news.

MHR writer asked a number of media ppl at camp whose stock has been rising and whose has been falling in camp this week (including CL). Apparently Duke has been impressing folks during practices at Dove Valley. Someone asked about King. He is mentioned a couple times as having a good camp too.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-denver-broncos-training-camp/2013/8/2/4580872/denver-broncos-2013-training-camp-stock-report-up-down
Thank you, that is a nice article. Looks like everyone is taking notice of Duke and many mentioned Mike Adams, for the opposite reason.

So here's some stuff I saw today:

Hillman & Ball rotated with starters. I noticed Ball splitting wide, didn't notice Hillman ever lining up wide. In pass-blocking, I saw Woodyard get past Ball pretty easily, and then Hillman stone Von, to applause from the crowd. I saw Hillman get outside pretty easily.

I saw the promise of Julius Thomas. I believe the hype. He got a lot of time with the ones... a lot. I saw Julius moving around - not just in-line. I saw him in the backfield and I saw him split out wide. I saw lots of 2TE sets w/ Welker on the sideline - Green being the other TE. I did see Tamme dressed, but didn't notice him playing.

I saw Nacho become a crowd favorite. He came out whooping, and the crowd whooped back. It was fun. I also saw Nacho slice through for a tackle behind the line in goal line work.

I saw Manning looking crisp, and coaching players around him from the QB position.

It was a lot of fun, and great weather.

Hillman & Ball rotated with starters. I noticed Ball splitting wide, didn't notice Hillman ever lining up wide. In pass-blocking, I saw Woodyard get past Ball pretty easily, and then Hillman stone Von, to applause from the crowd. I saw Hillman get outside pretty easily.
this makes me giddy as a hillman owner. thanks for posting all of the observations. :thumbup:

I go back too (as a Carolina fan) to how John Fox utilizes rookie RBs, and it's not much.

I know this has been beaten to death, but a quick history of the most notable examples:

Foster was a 2nd rounder - sat behind Stephen Davis

DW was a 1st rounder - sat behind Foster

Stew was a 1st rounder - sat behind DW (still in a muddled timeshare post-Fox)

So perhaps, maybe, we shouldn't blame Hillman's lack of usage last year entirely on him. Fox has a pretty good track record with RBs, and it usually involves very limited roles for them as rookies. IF that held in this scenario, Hillman would fall into the lead back role here with Ball being used as a RZ back and short-yardage pounder. In future seasons, that could shift, but that would be the expectation for this year given the historical deployment of Foxy's backfield.

Look forward to hearing more, Cecil!
Agree.

I like Hillman as the starter because he has a year under his belt in the system and he is more talented than Moreno but I think Knowshon is the next man up if Hillman goes down or proves ineffective. And I am not confident that Hillman will have a particularly long leash.

Ball may be the short yardage guy but I wouldn't be surprised to see Knowshon get the first crack at that job too.

It's just the way Fox works.

Any significance to this report that Ball outplayed Hillman in the scrimmage?
I posted this in the Denver RB thread, but I will post here too.

It was interesting to note the Denver Post didn't mention the 12-yard run from Hillman. Ball's long run was 9-yards on a play up the gut where Manny Ramirez was on Stewart Bradley and ushered him out of the way. around three carries for each, Ball compiled about 12 yards rushing on the night, Hillman compiled about 20 yards rushing on a wet field. I was surprised the ground game was able to get anything going in that downpour.

Ironically, as soon as the players were done signing autographs (they stayed for 20 minutes or so) the rain cleared up.

Day Ten report sent to my editor. Here's a preview!

No. 87 Eric Decker: Decker looked fantastic today. The breaks in his routes are always quick and Decker does a good job of not tipping off his route. He ran a fade/stop today where CB Chris Harris didn’t know Decker was going back for the ball until it was too late. Decker pressed downfield to make it look like a ‘go’ route and when Harris’ hips turned he cut back towards the sideline. He was wide open and Manning hit him with a perfect pass. It wasn’t the only play where Decker was able to burn Harris.

No. 11 Trindon Holliday: Holliday was getting quite a bit of targets from third-string QB Zac Dysert and the results were a mixed bag. He held onto some passes that were zipped in towards the sideline. Holliday caught one pass near the end zone where CB Nigel Malone essentially picked up one of his legs like he was a calf roper trying to topple a calf on his side. Dysert missed Holliday on a throw at the back of the end zone. Even if he was a foot taller he would have had difficulty hauling that pass in. On a short pass Holliday slipped once he made the catch.

No. 12 Andre Caldwell: Caldwell is listed as fourth on the depth chart and is taking advantage of the situation. He catches most passes thrown his way and he catches them cleanly. Caldwell works the sideline well and showed good body control today.

Defense

No. 36 Kayvon Webster: Knocked away a pass intended for WR Gerell Robinson off a throw from QB Zac Dysert.

No. 53 Steven Johnson: Welcomed RB C.J. Anderson to the NFL with a big hit after a pass reception. The hit was legal and knocked the big rookie to the ground with a thud.

No. 33 Duke Ihenacho: He continued his strong play today. Ihenacho knocked away a pass intended for TE Julius Thomas in the back corner of the end zone. After the play he let Thomas know all about it, and his fellow defenders came over to congratulate the young Safety.

No. 40 Aaron Hester: The undrafted rookie made a nice play when he ripped a pass away from fellow rookie WR Tavarres King.

No. 52 Wesley Woodyard: Had a big hit on WR Demaryius Thomas as he was patrolling the middle of the field.

Not trying to hijack this awesome thread, I just didn't feel this deserved it's own thread. Has anyone seen the Welker interview here:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/23056636/wes-welker-on-playing-for-bill-belichick-it-was-just-kind-of-hard

This made me laugh a little:

"When I'm answering questions from the Denver media, I'm not worried about what the Broncos' people are going to think," Welker said. "I'm worried about what Belichick will think. Isn't that crazy?"

My dad was what you would call crazy and he was a big powerful man that did not hesitate to knock the F out of you for pretty much any reason. He had this effect on me, even after I moved out, I still found myself looking around after certain "choice" words came out of my mouth, for the backhander from hell. He has passed away, but I do think back to these days and think, what an ##### he was and glad I didn't treat my kids like this.

Sorry, please return to the awesome updates we have been getting in this thread.

The preseason does matter!

Especially for the RBs. These games will most establish the pecking order moving forward.

It also matters for QB Zac Dysert. He's been awful at training camp, flashing a good throw about one out of ten times. If Dysert struggles in the preseason the Broncos will have little problem cutting him and adding him to the Practice Squad. He is an Elway favorite and that will go a long way to keeping him around even if he's struggling badly (which he is).

Dysert fans before the draft are now calling him a 'gamer' instead of a practice player. There's guys like that (Matt Moore, Chad Pennington, Tim Tebow) so we'll see if Dysert ratchets up his game tonight!

Duke looked really good, a bunch of tackles took out the lead blocker on a sweep so the play was stuffed, and a forced fumble. He does play with some aggression and he looks pretty fast as well.

Back to work today!

The Broncos were back on the practice field after taking Sunday off. I'm working on today's report now.

Just to tease it: another strong day from FS Rahim Moore, RB Ronnie Hillman, and RB CJ Anderson.

WR Wes Welker with some big plays downfield too.

No. 39 C.J. Anderson: Anderson continued to shine and also continued to show versatility. He’ll sometimes line up at Fullback where he’s blocking for RB Montee Ball with the second team. Anderson started off practice with a nice catch out of the backfield where he got the second level quickly. As a runner he was able to streak off the left side of the line, bouncing it to the five hole where he turned on the burst and got about 20 yards before the defense got to him.
This guy can play. Too bad he's buried behind the other runners. I'll be curious to see if he's cut and swooped on by a team with more opportunity for him.

So it looks like V. Miller will be out for the 1st 6 games due to suspension. How big of a hit does the Den D take from this, along with the loss of Dumerville?

It's a concern, but I've seen Peyton drag Colts teams with a lot less talent on them to 11 or 12 wins before, so just get everyone back and healthy in time for the stretch run and the playoffs and they'll be primed for a potential deep postseason run.

Users who are viewing this thread