What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Stealing. Two very late firsts, and two mid-late seconds for a full-on stud. That's like getting Harvin for the #3 or #4 rookie pick. Basically a lesson in how not to do it IMO.
Depends on the team and this one could be good for both sides. A completely rebuilding team is better off acquiring all that talent. If PW is going to be a non-playoff team for the next two years then he doesn't have to hang the entire future of his team on Harvin.

cstu said:
wdcrob said:
TheWick said:
Stealing. Two very late firsts, and two mid-late seconds for a full-on stud. That's like getting Harvin for the #3 or #4 rookie pick. Basically a lesson in how not to do it IMO.
Depends on the team and this one could be good for both sides. A completely rebuilding team is better off acquiring all that talent. If PW is going to be a non-playoff team for the next two years then he doesn't have to hang the entire future of his team on Harvin.
Team getting Harvin is stacked and has won league 2 years in a row (Foster, Charles, Lynch, CJ2K, Roddy, Jordy, Graham, Brady)

Team getting youth is rebuilding and just cashed in his best piece.

Key to deal in my eyes is Michael Floyd.

Middle of the rookie/FA draft trade:

12 team, 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only, Start Q/R/R/W/W/W/T/flex, 4 year max contracts

Traded Chris Ivory (1 yr)

Received pick 2.05, 2014 2nd rounder

Used pick 2.05 to select Jordan Cameron.

Middle of the rookie/FA draft trade:

12 team, 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only, Start Q/R/R/W/W/W/T/flex, 4 year max contracts

Traded Chris Ivory (1 yr)

Received pick 2.05, 2014 2nd rounder

Used pick 2.05 to select Jordan Cameron.
Cameron and 2nd for Ivory is a great trade, not even factoring in Ivory having one year left.

cstu said:
wdcrob said:
TheWick said:
Team getting Harvin is stacked and has won league 2 years in a row (Foster, Charles, Lynch, CJ2K, Roddy, Jordy, Graham, Brady)

Team getting youth is rebuilding and just cashed in his best piece.

Key to deal in my eyes is Michael Floyd.
The other key is the 1.01 next year, which this deal helps him get. If Floyd or Quick develop, he's able get Lattimore at 1.12 and he's able to parlay the 1st's into good players he could turn the team around in a year.

Just made a big one here for my rebuild. 12 team PPR. Plenty of flexes, must only start 1-3 RB's and 1-3 WR's.

Gave:

Lesean McCoy

Miles Austin

Got:

Michael Crabtree

Reggie Bush

Antonio Brown

Fred Davis

Geno Smith

Hated giving up McCoy, but I'm still strong at RB and needed depth/help elsewhere as well. I think if you're a rebuilding team, this is the kind of deal you need to make if you're gonna move a stud RB. An arguable top-10 WR, top-20 WR, short-term RB1 to replace McCoy, a low-end TE1 on an explosive offense, and a QB prospect.

My roster now:

Geno Smith, Matt Barkley

Trent Richardson, David Wilson, Reggie Bush, Eddie Lacy, Beanie Wells

Victor Cruz, Michael Crabtree, Josh Gordon, Cordarelle Patterson, Antonio Brown, Jon Baldwin, Rod Streater

Fred Davis, Travis Kelce, Lance Kendricks

I've got more work to do at QB, and maybe TE, but I'm happy with the rebuild so far.

So 3 1st's Austin/Lacey/Gio and a couple of 2nd's. For Thomas and Maclin.

I dont think I could trade Thomas for that myself.

Some good potential there but DT is young top 4 wr for me. Some will hit some wont. I like Maclin upside in Chips offense as much as most top 5 players in this years draft.

I was recently turned down my 1.04 for Maclin.

So 3 1st's Austin/Lacey/Gio and a couple of 2nd's. For Thomas and Maclin.

I dont think I could trade Thomas for that myself.

Some good potential there but DT is young top 4 wr for me. Some will hit some wont. I like Maclin upside in Chips offense as much as most top 5 players in this years draft.

I was recently turned down my 1.04 for Maclin.
I tend to agree with you on this one...but some in the league were balking for this trade to get veto'd saying too much was given for DT....freakin rookies

Not involved: 12 Team IDP/PPR 1.5 for TEs

While 1.12 was OTC

A gave up:Witten, Jason DAL TEGreenway, Chad MIN LBYear 2013 Draft Pick 1.12B gave up:Garcon, Pierre WAS WRHopkins, DeAndre HOU WRWashington, Daryl ARI LB

B took Keenan Allen

12 team PPR,

Gave: K. Hunter, L James, Ballard, Deangelo Williams, D. Moore and L. Moore

Got: Mathews, Broyles and the 4.12 rookie pick

Ballard was the only one who might play for me, and I wanted to open up some roster spots. Still have Calvin, Torrey Smith, J. Gordon, Givens, Brown, Michael Floyd, Streater and Woods at WR after the trade.

A couple NMTs

12tm PPR with RB/WR flex

Crabtree

for

Ball (huge need trade)

12tm PPR - can start 2WR and 2TE or 3WR and 1TE - 4pt pass td and 20yds/pt pass yard

Cam

for

Stafford

Fleener

You definitely could have gotten more than that in return..
I disagree. Hunter and James are two backup RBs that look like they'll be stuck in a RBBC for awhile if they even earn meaningful snaps, LMoore doesn't have many years left and is a WR3 at best, DMoore could be alright but it still a lotto ticket at this point and Williams is on the downside of his career. Ballard is a polarizing player, I know because I traded for him and then traded him away recently and people either love or hate him. Hard to get value for a guy that 75% of people think is just holding the spot until they draft or sign another RB. Wouldn't be surprised to see them sign Bradshaw and he ends up getting 250 carries this year.

Matthews was a first round pick who has been dealing with injuries on one of the worst offenses in the leagues. He may bust, or he could have a resurgence like a lot of RBs do in their 3rd-4th years. Broyles could end up being the best piece of this deal imo.

I think he did pretty well.

A couple NMTs

12tm PPR with RB/WR flex

Crabtree

for

Ball (huge need trade)

12tm PPR - can start 2WR and 2TE or 3WR and 1TE - 4pt pass td and 20yds/pt pass yard

Cam

for

Stafford

Fleener
It's funny how much the draft can change things. I think a veto would have been discussed with the Crabtree for Ball trade back in February, but now that Ball is the potential workhorse for Denver it's not toooo bad.

I'm definitely taking the Crabtree side, I won't trade or draft for need in dynasty leagues anymore. Been burned too many times with trades like this or a 1st for Ricky Williams when trying to make a push for the playoffs. It rarely works out and can set you back 1-2 years.

CR69 said:
thriftyrocker said:
A couple NMTs

12tm PPR with RB/WR flex

Crabtree

for

Ball (huge need trade)

Cam

for

Stafford

Fleener
It's funny how much the draft can change things. I think a veto would have been discussed with the Crabtree for Ball trade back in February, but now that Ball is the potential workhorse for Denver it's not toooo bad.

I'm definitely taking the Crabtree side, I won't trade or draft for need in dynasty leagues anymore. Been burned too many times with trades like this or a 1st for Ricky Williams when trying to make a push for the playoffs. It rarely works out and can set you back 1-2 years.
I never loved Ball or his performance at the combine, but you can't deny he was going to drafted to be a workhorse somewhere. He lucked out that he got on a great running team and that boosted his value quite a lot.

Concept Coop said:
thriftyrocker said:
A couple NMTs

12tm PPR with RB/WR flex

Crabtree

for

Ball (huge need trade)

Cam

for

Stafford

Fleener
I like the bolded by a good margin, in each trade.
If Fleener develops into a top 5 TE like he has the potential to then it swings the opposite way. Certainly a big risk for the Cam owner.

JohnW1970 said:
12 team PPR,

Gave: K. Hunter, L James, Ballard, Deangelo Williams, D. Moore and L. Moore

Got: Mathews, Broyles and the 4.12 rookie pick

Ballard was the only one who might play for me, and I wanted to open up some roster spots. Still have Calvin, Torrey Smith, J. Gordon, Givens, Brown, Michael Floyd, Streater and Woods at WR after the trade.
I don't disagree with your plan to open up some spots, but don't like Mathews as the target. As others have said you could have got better value by selling the pieces off one by one.

Concept Coop said:
thriftyrocker said:
A couple NMTs 12tm PPR with RB/WR flexCrabtreeforBall (huge need trade) 12tm PPR - can start 2WR and 2TE or 3WR and 1TE - 4pt pass td and 20yds/pt pass yard CamforStaffordFleener
I like the bolded by a good margin, in each trade.
If Fleener develops into a top 5 TE like he has the potential to then it swings the opposite way. Certainly a big risk for the Cam owner.
I don't think there are many Fleener owners out there who believe he has top-5 TE upside. This is not much of a risk at all for the Cam owner. Unless you have Cam much closer to Stafford than most, I guess.

He'd have to be top 5 for it to be close, in my opinion. In a 4 pt passing TD league, Newton is worth a lot more than Stafford. I wouldn't trade Newton for Stafford + Witten or Eifter, whom are #4 and #5 in my dynasty rankings.

Well how do we feel about the Crabtree trade NOW? Oh man.
I still probably take Crabtree over Ball actually
I kinda doubt you would be in the majority there.
When was the last time an Achilles ended a career? Demaryius Thomas came back from it, Suggs did, Fred Davis looks to be okay, and for all we know Mikel LeShoure was always going to look that bad. Andre Brown took longer but looks good now, aside from other injuries. I can't think of any other recent ones off the top of my head other than Jason Peters, and we'll see about him.Now might be the time to buy on Crabtree.

When was the last time an Achilles ended a career? Demaryius Thomas came back from it, Suggs did, Fred Davis looks to be okay, and for all we know Mikel LeShoure was always going to look that bad. Andre Brown took longer but looks good now, aside from other injuries. I can't think of any other recent ones off the top of my head other than Jason Peters, and we'll see about him.Now might be the time to buy on Crabtree.
Be my guest. Even with encouraging news on recoveries in recent years, this is still a serious injury and I see the glass as half empty. If you feel otherwise it is a great buying opportunity, but I will let others assume that risk.

Well, first we need all the details. Partial tear, full tear? Big difference I think.

But people were selling DT for peanuts after his Achilles injury. At least Crabtree has proven something first.

Be my guest. Even with encouraging news on recoveries in recent years, this is still a serious injury and I see the glass as half empty. If you feel otherwise it is a great buying opportunity, but I will let others assume that risk.
I think he is a very good "buy" rigth now, considering it is only May. Very good buy for teams looking past this year for rebuilding, or for the top tier teams with ammo to spend to get it done and not lose much of their depth.

Good, then hopefully people are dumping Crabs and I can benefit from it. In leagues where I have some extra resources and a roster spot, I will definitely be inquiring at a good price. If not, no biggie, someone else can snag him.

But I dont particularly care for Ball, which factors into it.

14 team 0.5/1/1.5 PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR/TE, 2 FLEX.

Gave:

WR Michael Crabtree

Got:

TE Dennis Pitta

I feel a bit sick about this one, but whatever. When life gives you lemons, you make a bad trade.

I have a chance to win now with Luck/Martin/TRich/Fitz and others. I'd rather lose a little bit of ppg and youth in order to avoid the zeroes in my lineup this year. The 1.5 PPR for TE also makes a big difference, as a good TE can score roughly on par with a good WR. With Boldin gone, I think Pitta is one of the better redraft TE options outside the obvious top guys.

Frank Gore for 2014 1st (should be late)
I traded the 2.02 this year to get him so that's about right.
I moved Gore + Miles Austin for Demaryius Thomas and 2.10. Thin at RB but don't trust Gore long term and attempting to rebuild. Figured it was a good opp to move Gore while he still had value, while potentially adding a perennial top 10 WR in Thomas.
That's stealing. Not representative of Gore's current value at all.

Frank Gore for 2014 1st (should be late)
I traded the 2.02 this year to get him so that's about right.
I moved Gore + Miles Austin for Demaryius Thomas and 2.10. Thin at RB but don't trust Gore long term and attempting to rebuild. Figured it was a good opp to move Gore while he still had value, while potentially adding a perennial top 10 WR in Thomas.
That's stealing. Not representative of Gore's current value at all.
One of the worst trades on this thread.

Gore/Austin is something I could see more being dealt for Crabtree right now, lol.

Wow, really? Didn't think it was lopsided at all, always interesting to see others' opinions.

He's built to win now though and this trade can likely help him do that.

Wow, really? Didn't think it was lopsided at all, always interesting to see others' opinions.

He's built to win now though and this trade can likely help him do that.
Awful just awful trade - I would think Dem Thomas would help him win now and later

of course you don't think it is lopsided your the one doing the ripping.

Users who are viewing this thread