What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

Here are the trades that occurred during the recent rookie draft in a 12 team, 25 man roster, ppr, start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 1RB/WR/TE flex league:

Team LB got: Bryce Brown

Team NS got: 2014 1st (should be late pick)

Team BLK got: Cousins (RG3 owner)

Team NS got: 4.03

Team NS got: Ray Rice

Team LD got: Gronk

Team LB got: Welker, Vick

Team SS got: Romo, Lance Moore

Team BRO got: 2.03 (pick was otc, took Michael), Marcedes Lewis

Team BLK got: Gonzo, 2.10 (took Denard)

Team CB got: 2014 1st (from probable playoff team), 2.09

Team BLK got: 1.12 (pick was otc, took Franklin), 3.11

Tem LD got: 1.06 (pick was otc, took Lacy)

Team CB got: 2014 1st, 2.06 (took Randle)

Team LD got: Eli

Team CB got: 2.04 (took Ertz), Locker

Wow, really? Didn't think it was lopsided at all, always interesting to see others' opinions. He's built to win now though and this trade can likely help him do that.
Because D. Thomas is a detriment to winning now?
Of course not, but he's got a better shot having a starting RB on his roster now.
Look, you already sold HIM on this type of incoherent dynasty thinking. Please stop trying to sell US on it, too.

That trade was one of the worst trades ever. He would be much better off NOW and way the hell better off LATER just keeping Thomas. Thomas will score a lot more than Austin THIS year to the point where he could have a RB score like 75 points this year to make up the difference of what Gore will give him

I wouldnt even do this trade in a REDRAFT league if I was that guy, let alone dynasty. Real, real, real bad.

16 team ppr, idpGave Jon Baldwin for a 4th and Osweiler.I have Peyton
Two more minor deals

Gave Cameron Jordan (DE) for Jarius Wright (WR). WRs are valuable in this league, and although the Vikings drafted Patterson, I still think Wright plays a decent role this year. I needed WR depth and have Long, Tuck and Mario at DE.

Gave 2014 2nd (probably around pick 28-32) for 2014 3rd (likely 40-48), Robert Turbin, picks 77, 93, 109

Not exactly huge deals, but targeting a few players with the picks and getting some cheap depth I like. Osweiler, JWright and Turbin aren't world beaters yet, but I like their potential.

I was drafting last night and saw two players sliding. At the 3.01 pick I offered the 3.08 and a 2014 second rounder to the owner. He said nope and selected Jared Cook (which isn't a terrible pick until you realize who is left on the board). I did it for the 3.02 (he said no and grabbed Da'Rick Rodgers in a head scratcher) and 3.03 (who said no and took Aaron Dobson).

At the 3.05 I finally get a taker...to move up three spots from the 3.08 to the 3.05 I gave up a 2014 second rounder (I owned 4 first, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds)...to move up to select Keenan Allen (my jaw was on the floor). Then the next owner up says he is looking to move his pick because he is done. I quickly offer him a 2014 third rounder (mine which I am assuming will be near the end of the round) and he accepts. I select Tyler Eifer and then two picks later snag Christine Michael as a developmental prospect.

In a 2QB league, I went into the draft season with the 1.01, 1.10, and 3.10. I made several trades but ultimately I came out with the following (my ranking for the player overall in parentheses Geno Smith (3), Marcus Lattimore (12), Keenan Allen (13), Tyler Eifert (19), and Christine Michael (20)....and 3 extra first rounders for next season. I'm ok with that.

Wow, really? Didn't think it was lopsided at all, always interesting to see others' opinions. He's built to win now though and this trade can likely help him do that.
Of course not, but he's got a better shot having a starting RB on his roster now.
Look, you already sold HIM on this type of incoherent dynasty thinking. Please stop trying to sell US on it, too.

That trade was one of the worst trades ever. He would be much better off NOW and way the hell better off LATER just keeping Thomas. Thomas will score a lot more than Austin THIS year to the point where he could have a RB score like 75 points this year to make up the difference of what Gore will give him

I wouldnt even do this trade in a REDRAFT league if I was that guy, let alone dynasty. Real, real, real bad.
Relax there guy, not trying to sell any of you on anything - being considerate to respond to the people who have taken the time to respond to my post.

Relax there guy, not trying to sell any of you on anything - being considerate to respond to the people who have taken the time to respond to my post.
I could see the trade being beneficial for him this year, in terms of value over HIS replacement players. Without having knowledge of the rosters and league setup, he probably could have gotten a much better trade if he held out for it. Nice work,

Not necessarily. The dropoff from Austin to Thomas could be huge, and he can add a stop gap back if he really needs one - or he could have traded Thomas for a yound stud like Martin (a trade I've seen go down recently in one of my leagues - Thomas and G. Jennings for Martin).

He should be able to get a one year rental back like Gore MUCH cheaper than a top 10 (top 5 for most) WR.

That trade was terrible. You are on the winning side and there is no need to apologize, but your partner made a brutal mistake.

Not necessarily. The dropoff from Austin to Thomas could be huge, and he can add a stop gap back if he really needs one - or he could have traded Thomas for a yound stud like Martin (a trade I've seen go down recently in one of my leagues - Thomas and G. Jennings for Martin).

He should be able to get a one year rental back like Gore MUCH cheaper than a top 10 (top 5 for most) WR.

That trade was terrible. You are on the winning side and there is no need to apologize, but your partner made a brutal mistake.
How much of Thomas' value is tied to Manning being the Broncos QB? He's obviously not going to be around forever. Does Thomas' talent transcend any QB situation the way a Larry Fitzgerald does? I personally don't believe so, and would certainly move him if I could get a top 3 fantasy RB like Martin back in return.

Not necessarily. The dropoff from Austin to Thomas could be huge, and he can add a stop gap back if he really needs one - or he could have traded Thomas for a yound stud like Martin (a trade I've seen go down recently in one of my leagues - Thomas and G. Jennings for Martin). He should be able to get a one year rental back like Gore MUCH cheaper than a top 10 (top 5 for most) WR. That trade was terrible. You are on the winning side and there is no need to apologize, but your partner made a brutal mistake.
How much of Thomas' value is tied to Manning being the Broncos QB? He's obviously not going to be around forever. Does Thomas' talent transcend any QB situation the way a Larry Fitzgerald does? I personally don't believe so, and would certainly move him if I could get a top 3 fantasy RB like Martin back in return.
Curious choice, given 2012.

sheerterror said:
Dr. Octopus said:
sheerterror said:
Dr. Octopus said:
sheerterror said:

Thomas did ok with Tim Tebow at QB prior to Manning's arrival. They will probably still use a QB after Manning retires.

I don't get it, you traded FOR Thomas but now you're arguing against him? Your trade partner made a poor decision, which works out fine for you. No one is saying your league sucks or that you did anything wrong - most are just pointing out that trading Thomas for such a poor return is a bad play.

12 Team PPR/Full IDP

Different league: 12 Team .75/1/1.25 PPR IDP

A gave: Doug Martin

B gave AJ Green
Not involved: 12 Team IDP/PPR 1.5 for TEs

While 1.12 was OTC

A gave up:

Witten, Jason DAL TE

Greenway, Chad MIN LB

Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.12

B gave up:

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Washington, Daryl ARI LB

B took Keenan Allen
Curious what others think of these.

12 Team PPR/Full IDP

Different league: 12 Team .75/1/1.25 PPR IDP

A gave: Doug Martin

B gave AJ Green
>Not involved: 12 Team IDP/PPR 1.5 for TEs

While 1.12 was OTC

A gave up:

Witten, Jason DAL TE

Greenway, Chad MIN LB

Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.12

B gave up:

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Washington, Daryl ARI LB

B took Keenan Allen
Curious what others think of these.
Still not high and Kaepernick with just 1 season under his belt and with Crabtree out, he's a wait and see for me so I like Flacco/Jstew/1.07 pick

Fair trade IMO, depending on need of the team for the most part

I would rathe be getting Garcon, Hopkins, Washington - Yes Daryl is out, but he's still a top 3 LB when playing and will make up for the lost weeks if you wait it out. I also like Hopkins as a #2 and Garcon as a lowend WR1 when 100%. The team that got Witten, better be contending to win now.

Crabtree

Jimmy Graham

for

Keenan Allen

2014 1st

Hernandez

Not me ... Personally I think the Graham side in a landslide. Every year there is a new Keenan Allen and few pan out. You're trading a top 24 WR talent in Crabtree if he comes back and a top 1 TE right now for a worse TE and a bunch of speculation. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crabtree

Jimmy Graham

for

Keenan Allen

2014 1st

Hernandez

Not me ... Personally I think the Graham side in a landslide. Every year there is a new Keenan Allen and few pan out. You're trading a top 24 WR talent in Crabtree if he comes back and a top 1 TE right now for a worse TE and a bunch of speculation. Makes no sense to me.
Graham is probably worth that on his own.

sheerterror said:
Dr. Octopus said:
sheerterror said:
Dr. Octopus said:
sheerterror said:

Thomas did ok with Tim Tebow at QB prior to Manning's arrival. They will probably still use a QB after Manning retires.

I don't get it, you traded FOR Thomas but now you're arguing against him? Your trade partner made a poor decision, which works out fine for you. No one is saying your league sucks or that you did anything wrong - most are just pointing out that trading Thomas for such a poor return is a bad play.
Not arguing against anything - obviously I'm thrilled with the trade. Just was [pleasantly] surprised with peoples' opinion of how lopsided it was for the other guy, less the flagrant douchery contained in some comments...but then again, this is FBG.

Bamac said:
sheerterror said:
Dr. Octopus said:
sheerterror said:
Dr. Octopus said:
sheerterror said:
Not necessarily. The dropoff from Austin to Thomas could be huge, and he can add a stop gap back if he really needs one - or he could have traded Thomas for a yound stud like Martin (a trade I've seen go down recently in one of my leagues - Thomas and G. Jennings for Martin). He should be able to get a one year rental back like Gore MUCH cheaper than a top 10 (top 5 for most) WR. That trade was terrible. You are on the winning side and there is no need to apologize, but your partner made a brutal mistake.
Oh please, are you really going to pretend Fitz isn't the poster boy for a WR producing despite shoddy QB play?

CrabtreeJimmy Graham for Keenan Allen2014 1stHernandez Not me ... Personally I think the Graham side in a landslide. Every year there is a new Keenan Allen and few pan out. You're trading a top 24 WR talent in Crabtree if he comes back and a top 1 TE right now for a worse TE and a bunch of speculation. Makes no sense to me.
Graham is probably worth that on his own.
I concur.

Bamac said:
sheerterror said:
Dr. Octopus said:
sheerterror said:
Dr. Octopus said:
sheerterror said:
Oh please, are you really going to pretend Fitz isn't the poster boy for a WR producing despite shoddy QB play?
Are you going to pretend 2012 didn't happen???I can see Thomas score as many points as Austin and gore combined this year by the way. It's unlikely, but wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Thomas score 300 and gore and Austin score 150 each. So no, the deal you keep trying to defend hurts the other guy now AND later, which makes it far worse than just a bad deal for him.

made a few moves lately...

12 team PPR QB/2RB/2WR/TE/2Flex (6PT TDs)

Roster is now:

Brady/Schaub

Morris/Wilson/Tate/ABrown/Pierre/Helu

Dez/Cruz/Austin/James Jones/Little

FDavis/Bennett/Cameron

Have picks 1.05, 3.10 and 3.11

made a few moves lately...

12 team PPR QB/2RB/2WR/TE/2Flex (6PT TDs)

Roster is now:

Brady/Schaub

Morris/Wilson/Tate/ABrown/Pierre/Helu

Dez/Cruz/Austin/James Jones/Little

FDavis/Bennett/Cameron

Have picks 1.05, 3.10 and 3.11
Love the second one... but the first you got swindled.

Nicks is going to be a premium receiver in the league for a good while. You're gonna regret that one. QBs are so replaceable in 12-team leagues it's not even funny. You don't get monster, young WRs like Nicks very easily.

16 team IDP PPR

Gave: Gore

Got: 2014 First rounder likely late.

I may regret this one but it seems that Gore's value has tanked, and I felt like if I was going to move I would probably not get better.

16 team IDP PPRGave: GoreGot: 2014 First rounder likely late. I may regret this one but it seems that Gore's value has tanked, and I felt like if I was going to move I would probably not get better.
Great move
Yep. I would have thought this was a good move last year at this time, and you managed to get another nice useful year out of gore this year and still get the same deal.

[*]King Dingaling gave up Fleener, Coby IND TE; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from King Dingaling

[*]Warriors gave up Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE
Championships for years to come for whoever got Fleener here.
Hernandez is younger and better, some feel the same way you do about Fleener. Its why I took advantage of those with those feeling to pull a stud like Hernandez.
I guess you didn't sense the sarcasm. That deal was horrendous.Generally when I rip someone off I don't see the point in posting it on here, because I know it doesn't accurately reflect the value of any of the players or picks in the deal.

Team A traded Witten + 2014 3rd

Team B traded 2.01 + 3.06 + 5.11

I'm stupidly enamoured with a rookie in that vicinity... Probably loses me a championship :P

12 team, 40 man rosters, PPR, 6 points all TDs, return league QB-RB-RB-RB/WR-WR-WR-TE-SuperFlex-SuperFlex-IDP

Starting team now

QB - Kaepernick

RB-RB - Rice-TRich

RB/WR - D Wilson

WR-WR - Calvin-Nicks

TE - Cook or Bennett

SF - Roethlisberger

SF - Jennings/Stewart/Sanders/VBrown/Tate

Team A traded Witten + 2014 3rd

Team B traded 2.01 + 3.06 + 5.11

I'm stupidly enamoured with a rookie in that vicinity... Probably loses me a championship

12 team, 40 man rosters, PPR, 6 points all TDs, return league QB-RB-RB-RB/WR-WR-WR-TE-SuperFlex-SuperFlex-IDP

Starting team now

QB - Kaepernick

RB-RB - Rice-TRich

RB/WR - D Wilson

WR-WR - Calvin-Nicks

TE - Cook or Bennett

SF - Roethlisberger

SF - Jennings/Stewart/Sanders/VBrown/Tate
Hope the rookie works out for you. I wouldn't have given Witten away that cheaply in a PPR if that left Cook and Bennett as my best TEs.

finito said:
Judge Ito said:
This one had me shaking my head. 14 team PPRRussell Wilson, Garçon and 3.03forAndy Dalton, 1.06 and 1.13
Which side do you think got the better end? I like Wilson side but think the trade is fine.
I agree. I am not very high on Garcon, so Garcon and the 1.06 cancel out, in my opinion. Depending on who's there, I might prefer the 1.06. The 1.13 isn't enough for me to downgrade from Wilson to Dalton, but Dalton still has a lot of potential. Major weapons around him and he's shown enough to suggest he could be a top 8-10 dynasty QB down the road. If that happens, the trade could go the other way.

I don't like the deal for the guy moving Wilson, but it doesn't stick out to me, in the context of this thread.

ghostguy123 said:
Phenix said:
ghostguy123 said:
Phenix said:
[*]King Dingaling gave up Fleener, Coby IND TE; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from King Dingaling

[*]Warriors gave up Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE
Championships for years to come for whoever got Fleener here.
Hernandez is younger and better, some feel the same way you do about Fleener. Its why I took advantage of those with those feeling to pull a stud like Hernandez.
I guess you didn't sense the sarcasm. That deal was horrendous.Generally when I rip someone off I don't see the point in posting it on here, because I know it doesn't accurately reflect the value of any of the players or picks in the deal.
Guess I didnt catch the sarcasm. Also, all trades should be posted, even lopsided ones, to help mislead potential suiters for players of mine. :lol:

i just pulled the trigger on a deal that sent Schaub + a R2 pick in 2014 for TE Hernandez + R1 in 2014.
??

Even if the picks were reversed it would be a bad deal for the team giving up Hernandez.

Hopefully this is at least a start 2qb league..
Nope, just 1 QB can start. He's got Pitta and Cook already at TE but nothing behind his starting QB (Ryan). I didn't need much time to consider this a good deal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread