What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

Just did this trade in FFPC league where our startup draft concluded about a week ago:

Gave: Peyton Manning

Got: 2014#1 (pick is from another team and my best guess is non-playoff team) and Andy Dalton(throw in since I had no other QB on roster).

This other trade is a more interesting trade that involved a team I'm a part owner in but don't have an actual say in team management. I would add I was in favor of this trade so I liked what they did:

Gave: Lamar Miller and Leveon Bell

Got: Trent Richardson
If you don't mind my prying, wanna expand on the whole "part ownership but no say in team management" bit? I've never heard of that.

FFPC league

Never been a part of this big of a mega deal so not sure how to feel. Hernandez killed our team so we dumped Forte for 3 1st + K-Allen and was figuring on a rebuild but then got this offer and went 360 degree turn around.

Not sure how to feel about it right now.

Code:
Traded Away:
Code:
     Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
Code:
     Darrius Heyward-Bey (IND)
Code:
     Aaron Dobson (NWE)
Code:
     Keenan Allen (SDG)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Big Baller)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Shock and Awe)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Crunch Berries)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Thunder Thrashers)
Code:
Acquired:
Code:
     Drew Brees (NOR)
Code:
     Greg Jennings (MIN)
Code:
     Dennis Pitta (BAL)
Code:
     DeMarco Murray (DAL)
Code:
     Stevan Ridley (NWE)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 2

Just did this trade in FFPC league where our startup draft concluded about a week ago:

Gave: Peyton Manning

Got: 2014#1 (pick is from another team and my best guess is non-playoff team) and Andy Dalton(throw in since I had no other QB on roster).

This other trade is a more interesting trade that involved a team I'm a part owner in but don't have an actual say in team management. I would add I was in favor of this trade so I liked what they did:

If you don't mind my prying, wanna expand on the whole "part ownership but no say in team management" bit? I've never heard of that.
Not the way we planned it. Had a co-owner who I jointly owned 3 dynasty teams with. Nothing personal between the two of us we just realized the teams would be better served with one chef in the kitchen so to speak as well as a even way to distribute stuff like FA blind bidding which can be time consuming. I think we initially discussed just splitting up the teams period and having no stake in the others team but found that the fairest way to go about it was to split up the cost of all 3 teams but continue in a joint ownership fashion. This we felt was both fair to us and fair to the continuity of the leagues. So we each assumed sole management of one team while continuing to co--manage one team and splitting the cost equally of all 3 teams. We started this after the 2012 off season and so far so good.

Team A got: Jimmy Graham and a 6th round pick(10 team dynasty)

Team B got: Lamar Miller, Daniel Thomas, Dwayne Allen and a 2014 1st rounder

Team A owns Eifert and Cook

Team B owns McCoy and Murray
This trade might look good in 2014 ifMiller turns into a stud, but for right now the Graham side won by a lot.

Team A got: Jimmy Graham and a 6th round pick(10 team dynasty)

Team B got: Lamar Miller, Daniel Thomas, Dwayne Allen and a 2014 1st rounder

Team A owns Eifert and Cook

Team B owns McCoy and Murray
This trade might look good in 2014 ifMiller turns into a stud, but for right now the Graham side won by a lot.
Agreed....but to me that means Graham side by a lot since we have no clue what Miller is or will be.

FFPC league

Never been a part of this big of a mega deal so not sure how to feel. Hernandez killed our team so we dumped Forte for 3 1st + K-Allen and was figuring on a rebuild but then got this offer and went 360 degree turn around.

Code:
Traded Away:
Code:
     Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
Code:
Code:
     Aaron Dobson (NWE)
Code:
     Keenan Allen (SDG)
Code:
Code:
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1
Code:
Code:
Code:
Acquired:
Code:
     Drew Brees (NOR)
Code:
     Greg Jennings (MIN)
Code:
     Dennis Pitta (BAL)
Code:
     DeMarco Murray (DAL)
Code:
     Stevan Ridley (NWE)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 2
Wow! I think you lost in a big way here. Huge downgrade for your team imo.

FFPC league

Traded Away:
Code:
     Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
Code:
Code:
     Aaron Dobson (NWE)
Code:
     Keenan Allen (SDG)
Code:
Code:
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1
Code:
Code:
Code:
Acquired:
Code:
     Drew Brees (NOR)
Code:
     Greg Jennings (MIN)
Code:
     Dennis Pitta (BAL)
Code:
     DeMarco Murray (DAL)
Code:
     Stevan Ridley (NWE)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 2
Yep, was a super crazy deal to get done. I have a feeling some will view this as a total ripoff to get those players, and some will say no way they would give up five future 1sts for those players (lot of different opinions on Ridley and Murray).

FFPC league

Traded Away:
Code:
     Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
Code:
Code:
     Aaron Dobson (NWE)
Code:
     Keenan Allen (SDG)
Code:
Code:
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1
Code:
Code:
Code:
Acquired:
Code:
     Drew Brees (NOR)
Code:
     Greg Jennings (MIN)
Code:
     Dennis Pitta (BAL)
Code:
     DeMarco Murray (DAL)
Code:
     Stevan Ridley (NWE)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 2
Looks pretty even to me. Brees, Murray, and Ridley = 5 first rounders, and Jennings, Pitta, 2nd = Big Ben, Dobson, Allen, and DHB approximately. I would have also done the trade. Leaning players over picks. Don't know how many picks look like they have a good chance for top 3.

Looks pretty even to me. Brees, Murray, and Ridley = 5 first rounders, and Jennings, Pitta, 2nd = Big Ben, Dobson, Allen, and DHB approximately. I would have also done the trade. Leaning players over picks. Don't know how many picks look like they have a good chance for top 3.
Picks are spread out. Two should be non playoff, two should be playoff, and the other is 50/50 borderline playoff.

14 team PPR. Trying to repeat.

Start 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE.

Gave:

Zac Stacy

2014 1st (could be top-5)

Got:

Chris Johnson

Makes my main valuable pieces:

Kaepernick

MJD, CJ

Dez, Marshall, Harvin, Roddy, Shorts

M. Bennett, Kelce

I need help at TE, but as every week they're all healthy I'll have to bench one of MJD/CJ or Roddy, as well as Shorts, I like my depth everywhere else to make a run at a second Championship.

I only need to start 1 RB, but I'm worried just going into this season relying on MJD/Stacy. Could derail my run before it ever begins and have me starting Woodhead every week.

12 team Dynasty PPR/IDP league standard scoring, except passing td's worth 4

I just traded vernon davis, ryan mathews, Jermichael finley, and a 2nd round pick, for

I received R; Gronkowski and a 3rd round pick

TE was my weak spot last year, but got V. Davis during our rookie draft for a 2nd and 3rd next year. I feel like I did pretty good, any thoughts or opinions??

I just traded vernon davis, ryan mathews, Jermichael finley, and a 2nd round pick, for

TE was my weak spot last year, but got V. Davis during our rookie draft for a 2nd and 3rd next year. I feel like I did pretty good, any thoughts or opinions??
yes you did good. been offering more for him lately and cant get him

you did good here.

12 team PPR, 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR)

Gave: Shane Vereen, 2.10, 3.10

Received: Ronnie Hillman, Daniel Thomas (I own Miller and he's my only good RB), 2.04, 3.04

and

Gave: AJ Jenkins, Donald Jones

Received: Mike Williams TB

12 team PPR, 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR)

Gave: Shane Vereen, 2.10, 3.10

Received: Ronnie Hillman, Daniel Thomas (I own Miller and he's my only good RB), 2.04, 3.04

and

Gave: AJ Jenkins, Donald Jones

Received: Mike Williams TB
Hate the 1st trade for you, really like the second trade for you.

14 team PPR. Trying to repeat.

Start 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE.

Gave:

Zac Stacy

2014 1st (could be top-5)

Got:

Chris Johnson

Makes my main valuable pieces:

Kaepernick

MJD, CJ

Dez, Marshall, Harvin, Roddy, Shorts

M. Bennett, Kelce

I need help at TE, but as every week they're all healthy I'll have to bench one of MJD/CJ or Roddy, as well as Shorts, I like my depth everywhere else to make a run at a second Championship.

I only need to start 1 RB, but I'm worried just going into this season relying on MJD/Stacy. Could derail my run before it ever begins and have me starting Woodhead every week.
Any thoughts on this one? I'm wondering if it will turn out that I squandered a couple of high-upside pieces in acquiring an older, diminishing RB2, or if I just bought CJ low on the upswing before he has another great season with a revitalized OL.

WRs Green, Julio, Dez, Harvin,Fitzgerlad, Tavon Austin, Patterson Toon, Morgan

Also can pick Hunter, Woods or Allen at 1.9 but leaning Eifert

Rebuilding team sends: Stevie Johnson and pick 24

for Wes Welker and 30

Confused again.

He also just traded Sanu and 24 for Santonio Holmes and 23 before that trade.

Edit to add his RB's are Shonn Greene, Marcell Reece, and Jaquizz Rodgers.

Does have Jennings, Miles Austin, Mike Williams and Welker at WR every week, but Rivers and nothing else at QB

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded

Dwayne Allen

and Pick 34

For

Jermaine Gresham

and Pick 19

Just drafted Eifert at 1.9 TE's Gronk, Finely, Eifert & Gresham

Shows you the difference of the specific FFPC league you could be in how value ranges wildly.

In one of my FFPC leagues Lamar Miller was traded for a 2nd round rookie pick 2.08

In another one of my FFPC leagues Leveon Bell was taken at the 1.08 this year.

I traded Miller for RG3 I obviously should have held out for more

Sent Kendall Wright for

1.9 (Eifert most likely)

Pick 54

Needed TE with Gronk question marks and Wright is my WR8 12 team PPR
I would much rather Wright in this deal, I would have moved another WR over him.
Wright isn't in my top-25 WR's unless I really work to squeeze him in.

Eifert is probably in my top-5 TE's. Definitely top-8.
Who are your other WR's? Wright looked very good as a rookie last season, and the chances of getting Eifert cheaper during the season is pretty high.

And just to add to the last post I've just accepted, from the same guy as the Vereen trade:

Gave:

Received

Which makes the original trade in effect: Vereen + 1.10 for Hillman, Thomas + 1.04

Thoughts?

Sent Kendall Wright for

1.9 (Eifert most likely)

Pick 54

I would much rather Wright in this deal, I would have moved another WR over him.

Who are your other WR's? Wright looked very good as a rookie last season, and the chances of getting Eifert cheaper during the season is pretty high.
Green, Julio, Dez, Fitzgerald, Harvin, T. Austin, Patterson, Toon, J. Morgan.

That's why I sent Wright and took Eifert to pair with Gronk/Finely.

Then I traded 34 and Dwayne Allen for Gresham and 19.

Now trying to turn 19 in a package for Bernard Pierce to cuff Rice, or letting a good player fall to 19.

Sent Kendall Wright for

1.9 (Eifert most likely)

Pick 54

Green, Julio, Dez, Fitzgerald, Harvin, T. Austin, Patterson, Toon, J. Morgan.

That's why I sent Wright and took Eifert to pair with Gronk/Finely.

Then I traded 34 and Dwayne Allen for Gresham and 19.

Now trying to turn 19 in a package for Bernard Pierce to cuff Rice, or letting a good player fall to 19.
I like Eifert over Wright, and I like this trade even more given the WRs you already have.

And just to add to the last post I've just accepted, from the same guy as the Vereen trade:

Gave:

Received

Which makes the original trade in effect: Vereen + 1.10 for Hillman, Thomas + 1.04

Thoughts?
The above deal is very good

Anybody see any Cecil SHorts deals lately? Been looking around, and wow, too many pages to go through. Sorry if I am being lazy (really just dont have time to read it all)

Anybody see any Cecil SHorts deals lately? Been looking around, and wow, too many pages to go through. Sorry if I am being lazy (really just dont have time to read it all)
I bought him for Kendall Wright/2014 1st in my 12 team 3WR + 1 flex league a few weeks ago. Hoping he picks up where he left off last season and by this time next year Cecil Shorts = Victor Cruz

Two months ago I got him for the 2.1 in a 14 team league, but I thought that was highway robbery.

Also, the search function at the top of this page will allow you to JUST search posts from this thread containing "Cecil Shorts". Pretty useful and organized by most recent.

ConnSKINS26 said:
ghostguy123 said:
Two months ago I got him for the 2.1 in a 14 team league, but I thought that was highway robbery.

Also, the search function at the top of this page will allow you to JUST search posts from this thread containing "Cecil Shorts". Pretty useful and organized by most recent.
I did not know that, i am now smarter for having heard that. And yes, pick 13 is robbery

I know I'm dropping a few posts in this thread but I just took over an orphan team and I'm wheeling and dealing my way to a roster I'm happy with, this deal I'm particularly happy with:

Gave:

Roddy White

Owen Daniels

Michael Vick

Rookie picks 4.10, 6.10

Received

LeSean McCoy

Greg Jennings

Martellus Bennett

Rookie pick 2.12

League starts 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR

Current notables:

Stafford/Cutler

McCoy/Lamar Miller/Ingram/P Thomas/Hillman

Calvin/Amendola/Welker/Jennings/Williams TB

Jimmy G/Bennett

Rookie Picks 1.04, 2.10, 2.12, 3.10

I know I'm dropping a few posts in this thread but I just took over an orphan team and I'm wheeling and dealing my way to a roster I'm happy with, this deal I'm particularly happy with:

Gave:

Roddy White

Owen Daniels

Michael Vick

Rookie picks 4.10, 6.10

Received

LeSean McCoy

Greg Jennings

Martellus Bennett

Rookie pick 2.12

Current notables:

Stafford/Cutler

Jimmy G/Bennett

really dumb for the other guy for a lot of reasons

Gave:

Roddy White

Owen Daniels

Michael Vick

Rookie picks 4.10, 6.10

Received

LeSean McCoy

Greg Jennings

Martellus Bennett

Rookie pick 2.12

Current notables:

Stafford/Cutler

Jimmy G/Bennett

I wouldn't take the whole lot you gave there for just Mccoy.

Traded Vereen for Rudolph. Pretty happy as I had no TE's on my roster.
Vereen is seeing a nice uptick in value because of the Patriots' receiving core questions.

ETA: Wish I could find deals like that for McCoy.

moved colston + R5 pick for crabtree + R3 in my dynasty/salary cap league. colston was getting too expensive to hold onto for another year and i'm afraid he's breaking down. crabtree is mostly a loss this year but at a pretty cap friendly price.

WR stable now looks like julio, wayne, givens, hopkins, dobson, quick, bailey, harper, crabtree and streeter.

Dez said:

Shows you the difference of the specific FFPC league you could be in how value ranges wildly.

In one of my FFPC leagues Lamar Miller was traded for a 2nd round rookie pick 2.08

In another one of my FFPC leagues Leveon Bell was taken at the 1.08 this year.

I traded Miller for RG3 I obviously should have held out for more
This was actually not an FFPC league. But the person who made the trade offer is someone whose podcast you listen to most Friday nights and if you heard it this past week you know his ascendant player is Lamar Miller and that Leveon Bell was also in the discussion for that designation.

So what we have is an owner willing to pay a little above market value for two guys he believes are going to start shooting up the draft boards soon and there is nothing wrong with that at all. Does not always work out but I've never been afraid to make a trade offer I know may not be quite market value or that most people would think I got the worst side of the deal.

So what we have is an owner willing to pay a little above market value for two guys he believes are going to start shooting up the draft boards soon and there is nothing wrong with that at all. Does not always work out but I've never been afraid to make a trade offer I know may not be quite market value or that most people would think I got the worst side of the deal.
Just because you like two guys doesn't mean you should pay way over the odds for them. I have some optimism for Rueben Randle and Justin Hunter. If you offered me both of them for Julio Jones, I would turn you down in a second. There's a pretty fine line with this kind of a deal. If you're going to move an established property for a couple of prospects, I think you either need to nail your evaluations or you need to be getting elite prospects whose odds of success justify the trade.

I kind of like Lamar Miller's chances in Miami, but even so he doesn't qualify as an elite prospect. Neither does Bell. To me this deal is an example of an owner putting a ton of stock in his evaluations and betting against the house based on that. That's fine as long as you get it right. Did he get it right here? I'm skeptical. I think Miller will have to be very lucky to match Richardson's career. Bell just looks like a plodder to me. He'll have redraft value by default because of his opportunity. I'm not sold on him as a long term solution.

Any time you can trade one good prospect and one decent one for one elite prospect, I think you've done well. Any time you move down a rung or two to get an extra piece of moderate quality, you're probably making a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread