What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (4 Viewers)

I traded a 2014 First Round rookie pick (likely to be 1.08-1.12) for Chris Ivory and a 2014 second round pick (likely to be 2.4. to 2.08). I like this because this deal almost guarantees I make the playoffs, so my future first shouldn't be too much of a loss, Ivory is young enough at 25 that he could have 3 years of starting play and is the clear starter on his team, and the second round pick is not worth that much less than my first round pick unless something goes very wrong with my team in 2013.

12 Team PPR Dynasty

I traded Ray Rice & Chris Givens

I received SJax & David Wilson

At RB all I had was Rice and Morris so I decided to trade Rice cause I feel Pierce will cut into his workload and this might be the last year of elite status for him. Better to trade a year early than a year late. SJax gives me a year or two of a starting rb and I am very high on Wilson and think he could be an elite talent but I also understand he is unproven. Givens is ehhh to me and at best would only be a bye week fill in IMO.

New starters

RB: Morris, SJax, WIlson

WR: Nicks, Wayne, Brown (Gordon)

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Team PPR

Team A gave up

Richardson Cle

4th round rookie/fa pick

Team B gave up

Bernard Cin

Bush Det

7th round rookie/fa pick

So what we have is an owner willing to pay a little above market value for two guys he believes are going to start shooting up the draft boards soon and there is nothing wrong with that at all. Does not always work out but I've never been afraid to make a trade offer I know may not be quite market value or that most people would think I got the worst side of the deal.
Just because you like two guys doesn't mean you should pay way over the odds for them. I have some optimism for Rueben Randle and Justin Hunter. If you offered me both of them for Julio Jones, I would turn you down in a second. There's a pretty fine line with this kind of a deal. If you're going to move an established property for a couple of prospects, I think you either need to nail your evaluations or you need to be getting elite prospects whose odds of success justify the trade.

I kind of like Lamar Miller's chances in Miami, but even so he doesn't qualify as an elite prospect. Neither does Bell. To me this deal is an example of an owner putting a ton of stock in his evaluations and betting against the house based on that. That's fine as long as you get it right. Did he get it right here? I'm skeptical. I think Miller will have to be very lucky to match Richardson's career. Bell just looks like a plodder to me. He'll have redraft value by default because of his opportunity. I'm not sold on him as a long term solution.

Any time you can trade one good prospect and one decent one for one elite prospect, I think you've done well. Any time you move down a rung or two to get an extra piece of moderate quality, you're probably making a mistake.
I mostly agree here. But when you want your player, go get your players!!!!!!!.. Where we probably agree most would be this............get them a different way instead of overpaying with a top 5 dynasty player.

FFPC league

Never been a part of this big of a mega deal so not sure how to feel. Hernandez killed our team so we dumped Forte for 3 1st + K-Allen and was figuring on a rebuild but then got this offer and went 360 degree turn around.

Not sure how to feel about it right now.

Traded Away:
Code:
     Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
Code:
     Darrius Heyward-Bey (IND)
Code:
     Aaron Dobson (NWE)
Code:
     Keenan Allen (SDG)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Big Baller)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Shock and Awe)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Crunch Berries)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Thunder Thrashers)
Code:
Acquired:
Code:
     Drew Brees (NOR)
Code:
     Greg Jennings (MIN)
Code:
     Dennis Pitta (BAL)
Code:
     DeMarco Murray (DAL)
Code:
     Stevan Ridley (NWE)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 2
[SIZE=9.5pt]How in the world does losing one player "kill" your team? That being said this I would rather have the picks and flexibility although that is a personal preference[/SIZE]

12 team PPR that starts 1 quarterback, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 tight end, and 1 flex

I gve Jonathan Stewart for a 2014 2nd - projecting it to be in the 2.01-2.05 area

Has a similar effect to aspirin or coffee doing its job when you have a headache. Suddenly feel clear, fresh, and very worry free!

FFPC league

Never been a part of this big of a mega deal so not sure how to feel. Hernandez killed our team so we dumped Forte for 3 1st + K-Allen and was figuring on a rebuild but then got this offer and went 360 degree turn around.

Not sure how to feel about it right now.

Traded Away:
Code:
     Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
Code:
     Darrius Heyward-Bey (IND)
Code:
     Aaron Dobson (NWE)
Code:
     Keenan Allen (SDG)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Big Baller)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Shock and Awe)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Crunch Berries)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Thunder Thrashers)
Code:
Acquired:
Code:
     Drew Brees (NOR)
Code:
     Greg Jennings (MIN)
Code:
     Dennis Pitta (BAL)
Code:
     DeMarco Murray (DAL)
Code:
     Stevan Ridley (NWE)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 2
[SIZE=9.5pt]How in the world does losing one player "kill" your team? That being said this I would rather have the picks and flexibility although that is a personal preference[/SIZE]
Well when that guy is 1 of your best players and this is a 1.5 TE PPR league and your only 2 RB's were Forte and Mathews and your QB was Roethlisberger and Vick and your top TE was Daniels is makes it hard to compete against the top teams in the league. We didn't want to try and struggle our way to maybe getting lucky and make the playoffs. We decided to blow it up and build for the future but when your offered this kind of deal you kind of have to take it. The 5 1st round picks are unknown value at this time. The 5 players we got are a known value for the most part. Also it really amazes me how much people love draft picks. If you compare where these 5 players are being drafted in FFPC startups right now and compare what random 2014 1st picks are worth this deal is insane value in our favor. I guess everyone just hates that Brees is old and everyone must hate Ridley and Murray even though they still are going in the 3rd round of startup drafts. In the latest FFPC startup draft I looked at Brees, Ridley and Murray all went in the 3rd round, Pitta in the 4th round, Jennings in the 7th round. I did not do a startup this year but last year when I was doing it I seen the following trades go down 2 1st round picks for a late 4th round pick (4.10) and usually a 1st round pick will net you a 7th round pick (in fact I tried to trade a 1st for a 7th and got shot down last year and another guy traded his 1st for an 8th round startup)

So in terms of value you could say Brees, Ridley, Murray, Pitta and Jennings are worth like 10 1st round picks if you were doing a startup right now and had to trade for 3 3rds, a 4th and 7th.

Not every draft is the same so let's say Brees, Ridley, Murray are all worth 4th round picks (6 future 1st), Pitta a 6th and Jennings a 7th (A future 1st each) that still be 8 future 1st in value.

Also remember these players are liquid assets and can still be traded for players we like more in combo with other players if we need to.

It wasn't that we loved getting these exact 5 players but it was really a great value deal and now we can continue to build our team and compete this year instead of waiting for 5 future picks to mature next year wasting a season and then having to do what it takes to rebuild which is actually trading most of those picks anyway next year. With 20 man rosters and 14 man cut down each Feb it is tough to carry 5 rookies and expect to compete so if your plan was to draft 5 rookies and carry them all year your looking now at a 2-3 year rebuild instead of one and in this case we are looking at none.

I guess we are looking at things a lot different here than everyone else.

It wasn't that we loved getting these exact 5 players but it was really a great value deal and now we can continue to build our team and compete this year instead of waiting for 5 future picks to mature next year wasting a season and then having to do what it takes to rebuild which is actually trading most of those picks anyway next year. With 20 man rosters and 14 man cut down each Feb it is tough to carry 5 rookies and expect to compete so if your plan was to draft 5 rookies and carry them all year your looking now at a 2-3 year rebuild instead of one and in this case we are looking at none.

I guess we are looking at things a lot different here than everyone else.
This is probably the key. We got excellent value for the picks, we just didn't get the exact players most people on here would take at those spots in startups. But yeah, a 2-3 year rebuild is never appealing in a big money league. Also no guarantee you can deal the picks for players next offseason.

It wasnt some slam dunk thing, but we got good value on the Forte deal, then good value here, and if you add up the two-three deals we did you get something like this:

Rothlisberger

Forte

Dobson

2014 1st

for

Brees

Ridley

Murray

Jennings

2014 2nd

Something like that, and something we would have easily done that without thinking more than 5 seconds.

14 team PPR start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE, 1 DEF. 1.5 PPR for TE.

Gave:

RB Ben Tate

WR AJ Jenkins

Got:

RB Jonathan Stewart

Rosters are a bit shallow in this one and I needed to clear space for the upcoming devy draft.

In a full-on rebuild... dealt Greg Jennings (2 years left on contract), Arthur Brown (rookie, open deal) and Joseph Randle (rookie, open deal)

for James Lauranaitis (2 years), DuJuan Harris (open) and a 2014 2nd.

I had been trying to get a 2nd out of Jennings so far this offseason, so Jennings / 2nd pair up alright. I still have CJohnson, Austin, Jeffrey, Dobson, Hunter, Patton and Stills at WR.

Harris and Randle are a wash IMO (I own Lacy, he owns Murray).

The meat here is the LBs. Brown could be a stud. He could also struggle a bit. Lauranaitis is a proven stud. Sure, I'll have to fork over free agent cash in 2015, but I was willing to take that on.

Football fix... acquired. :D

12 Team PPR Dynasty

I am not high at all on Givens, so keep that in mind on this answer.

I think it's a good deal. Rice is going to outscore Jackson, but maybe not by a ton. I peg Rice for about 3 more top end years. Jackson one, maybe two very good years. Then there is Wilson that really has a shot to start scoring well this season, I put him at good RB-2 numbers with an increase in 2014 and beyond.

Basically, the downgrade from Rice to Sjax hurts some, but is made up some by the depth and potential of Wilson this season and next, with good potential to help your team starting 2015. So I don't think it hurts much, if at all, now, and helps starting in 2 years.

12 Team PPR Dynasty

I think it's a good deal. Rice is going to outscore Jackson, but maybe not by a ton. I peg Rice for about 3 more top end years. Jackson one, maybe two very good years. Then there is Wilson that really has a shot to start scoring well this season, I put him at good RB-2 numbers with an increase in 2014 and beyond.

Basically, the downgrade from Rice to Sjax hurts some, but is made up some by the depth and potential of Wilson this season and next, with good potential to help your team starting 2015. So I don't think it hurts much, if at all, now, and helps starting in 2 years.
I should have posted my team in the original post.

At RB all I had was Rice and Morris so I decided to trade Rice cause I feel Pierce will cut into his workload and this might be the last year of elite status for him. Better to trade a year early than a year late. I agree 100% on your time frame for SJax and I am very high on Wilson and think he could be an elite talent but I also understand he is unproven. Givens is ehhh to me and at best would only be a bye week fill in IMO.

New starters

At RB all I had was Rice and Morris so I decided to trade Rice cause I feel Pierce will cut into his workload and this might be the last year of elite status for him. Better to trade a year early than a year late. I agree 100% on your time frame for SJax and I am very high on Wilson and think he could be an elite talent but I also understand he is unproven. Givens is ehhh to me and at best would only be a bye week fill in IMO.

New starters

Considering what your roster was, I like the trade even more for your team now.

Not involved, 14 team PPR

Ivory, 2014 2nd

for

Jared Cook, 2.09

Guy who got Cook was/is a Hernandez owner so that was likely the motive behind the trade.

12 team PPR (1.5 for TE)

Greg Jennings

Dustin Keller

for

Cecil SHorts

2014 2nd
Keller might have stopgap value in 1.5 PPR leagues.

I still like the Shorts side. At this point I rate Shorts comfortably > Jennings and the 2nd rounder is a nice little extra.

It's been a busy day in our two leagues! Had a few powerhouses making moves to keep up with one another kind of like Seattle and San Francisco earlier in the offseason lol

12 Teams, 1PPR, 2QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1DEF-1Flex (RB/WR/TE)

--------------------------------League 1--------------------------------

I traded - Coby Fleener

For - Tony Gonzalez (time to go all in)

I traded - Mark Sanchez, Marquess Wilson (2QB league and the owner only had Locker rostered. Rookie draft already over)

For - Terrance Williams, 2014 3rd

Team A - Jermichael Finley, 2014 1st

Team B - Dennis Pitta

Team C - TY Hilton, 2014 2nd

Team D - 2014 1st

--------------------------------League 2--------------------------------

I traded - Robert Housler (still have Jimmy Graham/Vernon Davis/Julius Thomas)

For - Markus Wheaton

Team A - 2014 1st, 2014 2nd (was the 1.01 this year, but hit on some devys last year.. Ball/Lacy and added Tavon at 1.01)

Team B - Pierre Garcon, Logan Thomas QB (Still has Cobb/Amendola/Wayne)

az_prof said:
I traded a 2014 First Round rookie pick (likely to be 1.08-1.12) for Chris Ivory and a 2014 second round pick (likely to be 2.4. to 2.08). I like this because this deal almost guarantees I make the playoffs...
I like Ivory, but I think you're overestimating his impact on your playoff chances. (Unless you think he pushes you from 97% odds to 99%.)

ghostguy123 said:
xtreme11 said:

New starters

Considering what your roster was, I like the trade even more for your team now.
This.

xtreme11 said:
ghostguy123 said:
xtreme11 said:
12 Team PPR Dynasty

New starters

People getting what they can for Rice has been a common theme throughout this thread. Seems like the combination of his heavy workload and Pierce looking good has his owners really concerned. Not sure if I agree or disagree. Something to think about...

xtreme11 said:
ghostguy123 said:
xtreme11 said:
12 Team PPR Dynasty

New starters

People getting what they can for Rice has been a common theme throughout this thread. Seems like the combination of his heavy workload and Pierce looking good has his owners really concerned. Not sure if I agree or disagree. Something to think about...
I think it's because there are a few types of dynasty owners. Some sell players in anticipation of a soon to be value drop off, some sell when value starts to drop, some ride a player until the wheels fall off. Rice is a highly valued player who has had several productive seasons. Those who take the approach of better to sell a year too early over a year too late are probably now starting to look for deals for him.

I havent seen anyone selling "low" though. I don't think people are scared off or anything. I'm sure not. Rice has 300 touches coming his way for a few more years.

Just selling while his value is at it's highest, since you just never know for sure when they will plummet in value. Heck, might be better to sell TWO years too early instead of a year too late. At least, some people view it that way.

I was thinking maybe next year I would take a more serious approach to moving him.

xtreme11 said:
Gottabesweet said:
Not involved:

Peyton Manning

Colby Fleener

For

Chris Givens

Luke Stocker

Rookie Picks 33, 45, 69
Manning & Fleener by a mile... I am a believer in Fleener this year though
I have Fleener and have been thinking about moving him for a WR. Trying to ascertain market value. This trade seems horrible. I can't imagine giving Manning and Fleener for Givens and Stocker (who is he???) and a bunch of garbage picks.

xtreme11 said:
Gottabesweet said:
Not involved:

Peyton Manning

Colby Fleener

For

Chris Givens

Luke Stocker

Rookie Picks 33, 45, 69
Manning & Fleener by a mile... I am a believer in Fleener this year though
I have Fleener and have been thinking about moving him for a WR. Trying to ascertain market value. This trade seems horrible. I can't imagine giving Manning and Fleener for Givens and Stocker (who is he???) and a bunch of garbage picks.
Yeah, looking at this one it pretty much looks like he got Manning for free.

I gave: Randall Cobb, Chris Ivory

I got: Percy Harvin

Ivory was my RB5 in a start 1 RB league and was never going to see my lineup. I like Percy more than Cobb. Gives me WR core of Dez/DT/Harvin.

Ivory was my RB5 in a start 1 RB league and was never going to see my lineup. I like Percy more than Cobb. Gives me WR core of Dez/DT/Harvin.
Not a fan of this deal. Cobb > Harvin if only because of Harvin's injury history. He still hasn't played a whole season in 4 years. Add in that he was traded to a running dominant team and yea. Cobb should top 85-90 receptions minimum.

Not a fan of this deal. Cobb > Harvin if only because of Harvin's injury history. He still hasn't played a whole season in 4 years. Add in that he was traded to a running dominant team and yea. Cobb should top 85-90 receptions minimum.
I agree with that, I wouldn't take Ivory and Harvin for Cobb, I think his injury problems are too much risk for me.

I agree with that, I wouldn't take Ivory and Harvin for Cobb, I think his injury problems are too much risk for me.
Non-PPR? If so I like Harvin, if not it's more of a toss up.

Non-PPR? If so I like Harvin, if not it's more of a toss up.
I personally like the Harvin side better but won't kill anyone for taking Cobb.

Can we please stop saying he is injury prone. He had one ankle injury in 4 years. Before last year he had missed 3 games in 3 years due to migraines, which is not an injury. He also discovered he has sleep apnea and since that has been treated he has missed zero games because of a migraine.

Can someone explain to me how going from a dominate running team like the Vikings to a dominate running to like the Seahawks hurts his value? Lastly he played in all 16 games in 2011, can you tell me which year Cobb has played all 16 games in?

Users who are viewing this thread