What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

16 team, .5 PPR, IDP league.

I am team Bears and I am expecting I will get some flack for this one. I gave quite a bit of the future for Green here. It is notable that I had the 3rd pick this year, but could not pass up Green even for all the picks I gave.

New England Patriots gave up:
Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB
Green, A.J. CIN WR
Searcy, Da'Norris BUF S
Year 2014 Round 3 Draft Pick from Houston Texans
Year 2014 Round 3 Draft Pick from New Orleans Saints
Year 2015 Round 3 Draft Pick from New England Patriots

Chicago Bears gave up:
Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Chicago Bears
Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from New Orleans Saints
Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Chicago Bears
Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Chicago Bears

I am team Bears and I am expecting I will get some flack for this one. I gave quite a bit of the future for Green here. It is notable that I had the 3rd pick this year, but could not pass up Green even for all the picks I gave.

Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Searcy, Da'Norris BUF S

Chicago Bears gave up:

With Green you're odds of ending up with a high pick again go way down (assuming you have a decent team). I think it's unlikely he's able to turn those picks into a player as good as Green.

Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Searcy, Da'Norris BUF S

Chicago Bears gave up:

Flak for what?? This is yet another AJ green trade where he was had at a good price.

MDSkinner said:

Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Searcy, Da'Norris BUF S

Chicago Bears gave up:

That's a good deal for you. Unless it ends up 1.1, 1.2 in 2014 and 1.1 in 2015, I think you easily win this trade. Especially in 16 teams, elite players like Green are extremely valuable.

In 12 team PPR seen Pead and Fitzgerald for Cobb

surprised me as I still have fitz in my top 12 dynasty WR and Pead still has a chance to become a starter

WR swap

contract cap league

Team A gives up Miles Austin 85/2yrs, ESanders 29/2yrs

Team B gives up Jordy Nelson 91/2yrs, Dexter McCluster 17/2yrs

In 12 team PPR seen Pead and Fitzgerald for Cobb

surprised me as I still have fitz in my top 12 dynasty WR and Pead still has a chance to become a starter
I would say that is poor value for Fitz as well
He's not 30 for a couple more weeks, people. It's a good trade if you're not ride or die with Fitz. I believe he'll be great through his mid 30s but I'm also aware I'm committing to that decision this offseason when I don't sell him.

I also seen shady McCoy, britt, and gonzo for forte, torey smith, and Reggie Wayne. Seems fair if britt starts living up to his talents. Personally I would prefer keeping Wayne and smith as gonzo is probably for sure gone next year. Didn't make sense for a team rebuilding though

I also seen shady McCoy, britt, and gonzo for forte, torey smith, and Reggie Wayne. Seems fair if britt starts living up to his talents. Personally I would prefer keeping Wayne and smith as gonzo is probably for sure gone next year. Didn't make sense for a team rebuilding though
I'd trade Forte, Smith, and Wayne for McCoy alone, in a start 2 PPR league.

Not involved in any of these trades:

12 team PPR, Dynasty

Team A gets

Alex Smith, Kerwynn Williams, 2014 2nd rounder

Team B gets

Brandon Weeden, Sidney Rice

12 team PPR, Dynasty

Team A gets

Team B gets

Wow, team A by a mile. Wow.
Uhh...why?Not only do I disagree (but only by a little), but I can't even come up with a decent reason why you gave it two "wow"s.

Last edited by a moderator:

12 team PPR, Dynasty

Team A gets

Team B gets

Smith > Weeden

2nd => Rice

Kerwynn is the cherry on top

Does each team get $100 in FAAB $ each year?
They carry over from year to year as well. Alfred Morris went for 201 in the league last year.
Interesting, a year and a half's worth of FAAB definitely makes this much more intriguing. Would probably depend on going rate for the auction dollars in the trade market, while sometimes you might hit on a Morris you also run the risk of spending a bunch on say Ryan Williams last year after Beanie went out for the year.

They carry over from year to year as well. Alfred Morris went for 201 in the league last year.
Interesting, a year and a half's worth of FAAB definitely makes this much more intriguing. Would probably depend on going rate for the auction dollars in the trade market, while sometimes you might hit on a Morris you also run the risk of spending a bunch on say Ryan Williams last year after Beanie went out for the year.
Aren't all trades risk?

It's funny most people in the league are begging for a reversal, even though the both say they wanted the trade and they both feel it betters their respective teams. The team giving up 325 no longer has any BBux for the year too.

12 team PPR, Dynasty

Team A gets

Team B gets

Uhh...why?Not only do I disagree (but only by a little), but I can't even come up with a decent reason why you gave it two "wow"s.
How fantasy relevant is Rice? WR4 or 5, and in decline? I wouldn't give a 3rd for him. Maybe a 4th if I were desperate for a bye week body in a competitive season.

Alex Smith > Weeden.

12 team PPR, Dynasty

Team A gets

Team B gets

How fantasy relevant is Rice? WR4 or 5, and in decline? I wouldn't give a 3rd for him. Maybe a 4th if I were desperate for a bye week body in a competitive season.

Alex Smith > Weeden.
Agreed. It's a pretty irrelevant trade in the overall scheme of things, but I'd definitely rather have the Smith side, even if just for the extra draft pick.

Aren't all trades risk?

It's funny most people in the league are begging for a reversal, even though the both say they wanted the trade and they both feel it betters their respective teams. The team giving up 325 no longer has any BBux for the year too.
Blind bid money is over-rated. If Joe C wanted to take a chance on landing a potential stud on the waiver wire, he could have done much better trying to land a potential stud by dangling Amendola around imo.

I can see why the league would be up in arms - but there's nothing that should be done about it, just a bad trade.

12 team PPR, Dynasty

Team A gets

Team B gets

Alex Smith > Weeden.
You're undervaluing Sidney Rice. He's still just 26 (27 in September) and finished WR29 last year in an offense that ranked dead last in passing attempts. He's had some injury issues certainly, but the guy can play. If Seattle opens up the throttle a bit on offense, or if Rice ends up as a cap casualty (he makes a ton of $$$) and signs somewhere that throws more, he has some upside, and he's young enough to have plenty of career left. He's more than a WR4 or WR5 and certainly worth more than a garbage 3rd round rookie pick in most formats.

Team A received Justin Blackmon and Michael Crabtree

Team B received Randall Cobb and Stevie Johnson

Of note - Team A is completely rebuilding and losing games this year is in their interest.

Team A received Justin Blackmon and Michael Crabtree

Team B received Randall Cobb and Stevie Johnson

Of note - Team A is completely rebuilding and losing games this year is in their interest.
Then all is going according to plan.

Think A got the short end with no picks coming back for Team A

I don't think I would trade Cobb for both of those guys given Crabtree's injury.

Stevie Johnson seems free to me

Team A paid pre-suspension price for Blackmon, which means he sold low on Cobb. In his shoes, I'd certainly target Blackmon/Crabtree - but not with Cobb.

12 team PPR, Dynasty

Team A gets

Team B gets

How fantasy relevant is Rice? WR4 or 5, and in decline? I wouldn't give a 3rd for him. Maybe a 4th if I were desperate for a bye week body in a competitive season. Alex Smith > Weeden.
I'm not sure Smith/Weeden is so cut and dry, by it's not important. My main point is that it's not worth one "wow", nevermind two. Its a pretty insignificant trade overall.

Users who are viewing this thread