What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

Team A gave up:

Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.06

Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A

Team B gave up:

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Wilson, David NYG RB

Decker, Eric DEN WR

Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.03

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B

Notes:

1. 10 team Super Flex non-PPR league.

2. Team B has not won a title in the 3 year history of this league, but has put himself in position to start the following lineup this year: RGIII, Kaepernick, A. Foster, R. Rice, C.J. Spiller, A.J. Green, B. Marshall, Olsen. He also has Steven Jackson backing up these guys. Meanwhile, Team A is probably the 5th best team or so. This might help to frame the 2014 draft pick swap.
Two days later, Team A traded David Wilson to Team C for T.Y. Hilton. :X

So the net outcome for Team A was to give

Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

to get

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

Decker, Eric DEN WR

Considering Team B's 2014 1st rounder will almost certainly be very late (IMO he is the favorite to win this season), that's a pretty poor haul for giving up Spiller.

Though the real issue is the second trade, not the first trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team A gave up:

Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

Team B gave up:

Wilson, David NYG RB

Decker, Eric DEN WR

Notes:

1. 10 team Super Flex non-PPR league.

2. Team B has not won a title in the 3 year history of this league, but has put himself in position to start the following lineup this year: RGIII, Kaepernick, A. Foster, R. Rice, C.J. Spiller, A.J. Green, B. Marshall, Olsen. He also has Steven Jackson backing up these guys. Meanwhile, Team A is probably the 5th best team or so. This might help to frame the 2014 draft pick swap.
Two days later, Team A traded David Wilson to Team C for T.Y. Hilton. :X So the net outcome for Team A was to give

Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

to get

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

Decker, Eric DEN WR

Considering Team B's 2014 1st rounder will almost certainly be very late (IMO he is the favorite to win this season), that's a pretty poor haul for giving up Spiller.

Though the real issue is the second trade, not the first trade.
Wilson for Hilton, and in non-PPR??

That starts pinging my collusion alarm, it's so bad.

ConnSKINS26 said:
LususV said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
LususV said:
Matt said:
Not involved in any of these trades:

12 team PPR, Dynasty

Team A gets

Alex Smith, Kerwynn Williams, 2014 2nd rounder

Team B gets

Brandon Weeden, Sidney Rice
Wow, team A by a mile. Wow.
Uhh...why?Not only do I disagree (but only by a little), but I can't even come up with a decent reason why you gave it two "wow"s.
How fantasy relevant is Rice? WR4 or 5, and in decline? I wouldn't give a 3rd for him. Maybe a 4th if I were desperate for a bye week body in a competitive season.Alex Smith > Weeden.
I'm not sure Smith/Weeden is so cut and dry, by it's not important. My main point is that it's not worth one "wow", nevermind two. Its a pretty insignificant trade overall.
I'd rather have Sidney Rice in the deal, so no double wow for me.

I completed a few trades yesterday in a 12 Team PPR League.

Trade1:

Gave Jordan Reed+2014 2nd

Got Reggie Wayne

Trade 2:

Gave Roethlisberger

Got Stephen Hill

Trade 3:

Gave Stephen Hill+Markus Wheaton

Got Andre Johnson

I completed a few trades yesterday in a 12 Team PPR League.

Trade1:

Gave Jordan Reed+2014 2nd

Got Reggie Wayne

Trade 2:

Gave Roethlisberger

Got Stephen Hill

Trade 3:

Gave Stephen Hill+Markus Wheaton

Got Andre Johnson
Are you trading with yourself? You got Wayne and Johnson for nothing.

cstu said:
cusefan115 said:
Team A gets: Percy Harvin, Doug Baldwin, 2014 4th

Team B gets: Markus Wheaton, Tavon Austin, Taylor Thompson, 2 2014 3rds.
I happen to like all three of the players B got for Harvin so I like that side.
Yeah. I am the side getting harvin. Looking back at it, I feel like I overpaid for sure. I guess I got caught up in the negotiations. Any other thoughts?

12 Team Non-PPR deal just went down:

Team A Receives:

LeSean McCoy

Stephen Hill

Robert Housler

Jason Witten

Team B receives:

Alfred Morris

Lance Dunbar

Jimmy Graham

Ed Dickson

cstu said:
cusefan115 said:

Yeah. I am the side getting harvin. Looking back at it, I feel like I overpaid for sure. I guess I got caught up in the negotiations. Any other thoughts?
I just paid CMichael (2.06) and DHopkins (1.06) + 2014 2nd for Harvin and Mallett in a PPR supeflex league. Not sure if that is more or less but I feel good about it. I loved both my players but I really needed a top WR and trading Martin/Murray or Forte didn't seem like as good of an idea. I dont think Hopkins will be as good as Harvin for at least a few years...and Michael, well I hate losing him but I like having Harvin.

I think you did well. Harvin is what those 3 guys may be some day hope to be...I wouldn't count on it. You got the more proven player and the injury should not hamper him in the future.

I think abouit it this way a 2012 FA pickup TE, 1.01 and 2.01 and 2 2014 3rds for HArvin in this years draft. I would never have given Harvin up for that healthy or not

brokered a 3 team deal....5 keeper league (4 and a rookie)

dealt Gore for 3rd rounder

acquired Cobb for my 2nd rounder

excited about getting younger and getting the #1 WR weapon on the Packers.

cstu said:
cusefan115 said:

If you like Harvin more than Austin, you didn't overpay. Wheaton is a solid prospect, but not enough for me to pass on getting my guy. If that's Harvin for you - well done.

At one point after the injury, I offered Austin for Harvin. I think their value is pretty close right now. Tavon was likely my WR5 this year, so I felt fine losing out on 2013 production.

League A

Yesterday I gave up Forte, Torrey Smtih, and reggie wayne

received Shady, Britt and Gonzo

I love getting a couple years younger at RB also feel shady is much more valuable at RB than forte, Wayne only has 2 years left so him for gonzo was a wash considering its 2PPR for TEs should help me compete this year, and I really think that Britt has a better chance to ever truly become a top 10 WR than smith. Smith just seems to be a guy that will always make his living off the deep ball.

Same league

gave up MJD and Mike williams TB

recieved Gronkowski and D-jax

I loved this trade because I am still very stable at RB with Shady and Charles get a huge upgrade at TE position

Thoughts??

League A

Yesterday I gave up Forte, Torrey Smtih, and reggie wayne

received Shady, Britt and Gonzo

I love getting a couple years younger at RB also feel shady is much more valuable at RB than forte, Wayne only has 2 years left so him for gonzo was a wash considering its 2PPR for TEs should help me compete this year, and I really think that Britt has a better chance to ever truly become a top 10 WR than smith. Smith just seems to be a guy that will always make his living off the deep ball.

Same league

gave up MJD and Mike williams TB

recieved Gronkowski and D-jax

I loved this trade because I am still very stable at RB with Shady and Charles get a huge upgrade at TE position

Thoughts??
Both are good deals for you. The 2nd is a very big win. Your team got a lot better, very fast.

I just paid CMichael (2.06) and DHopkins (1.06) + 2014 2nd for Harvin and Mallett in a PPR supeflex league. Not sure if that is more or less but I feel good about it. I loved both my players but I really needed a top WR and trading Martin/Murray or Forte didn't seem like as good of an idea. I dont think Hopkins will be as good as Harvin for at least a few years...and Michael, well I hate losing him but I like having Harvin.

I think you did well. Harvin is what those 3 guys may be some day hope to be...I wouldn't count on it. You got the more proven player and the injury should not hamper him in the future.

I think abouit it this way a 2012 FA pickup TE, 1.01 and 2.01 and 2 2014 3rds for HArvin in this years draft. I would never have given Harvin up for that healthy or not
The packages do seem eerily similar. I felt pretty good about the deal when I first pulled it off. I started having second thoughts when I saw what other people were getting Harvin for. It seems strange to see a 25 y/o top 7 wr going so cheaply.

If you like Harvin more than Austin, you didn't overpay. Wheaton is a solid prospect, but not enough for me to pass on getting my guy. If that's Harvin for you - well done.

At one point after the injury, I offered Austin for Harvin. I think their value is pretty close right now. Tavon was likely my WR5 this year, so I felt fine losing out on 2013 production.
Yeah I felt like Harvin has an opportunity to be a more well rounded threat than Austin. The injuries scare me a bit but they still seem like dumb luck. I am in a position where I am shooting for contention in 2014 so losing austins production this year doesn't hurt. Its more a question of who produces at a higher level in the future. I have to say all of the buzz around austin and wheaton does have me startled though.

Thanks.

Spike said:
Team B, getting Morris, et al, wins hugely.
I agree. I view McCoy and Graham as close to a wash, and the rest of the deal doesn't add up to Morris.
In this league RBs rule and TEs don't hold as much value, so Graham and McCoy wouldn't have equal value. I like both sides of this deal, but I think the guys in the league would side with Team A.

Team A now has TRich, Martin and McCoy as his starting RBs; which is insane in a non PPR league.

Two recent trades in my league, not involved in either. Both trades involve the same teams:

A gave up:
Foster, Arian HOU RB

B gave up:
Pead, Isaiah STL RB
Gordon, Josh CLE WR
Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick
Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick
Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick

Team A gave up:
White, Roddy ATL WR
Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Team B gave up:
Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE
Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.08
Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick
Year 2016 Round 2 Draft Pick

Two recent trades in my league, not involved in either. Both trades involve the same teams:

A gave up:

Foster, Arian HOU RB

B gave up:

Pead, Isaiah STL RB

Gordon, Josh CLE WR

Team A gave up:

White, Roddy ATL WR

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Team B gave up:
Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Assuming Graham and Gronk are a wash, Team A got 5 1sts and Josh Gordon for Foster and Roddy. Big win for Team A imo.

A gave up:

Foster, Arian HOU RB

B gave up:

Pead, Isaiah STL RB

Gordon, Josh CLE WR

Team A gave up:

White, Roddy ATL WR

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Team B gave up:
Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Assuming Graham and Gronk are a wash, Team A got 5 1sts and Josh Gordon for Foster and Roddy. Big win for Team A imo.
I don't think Team A is the same team in both deals.

2 1st and 2 2nds for White is a pretty good pull the guy in my league was shocked when I wouldn't trade him White straight up for the 1.09

A gave up:

Foster, Arian HOU RB

B gave up:

Pead, Isaiah STL RB

Gordon, Josh CLE WR

Team A gave up:

White, Roddy ATL WR

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Team B gave up:
Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Just curious - does your league require them to pre-pay some part of the 2014/15/16 league buy-ins when trading those picks?

A gave up:

Foster, Arian HOU RB

B gave up:

Pead, Isaiah STL RB

Gordon, Josh CLE WR

Team A gave up:

White, Roddy ATL WR

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Team B gave up:
Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

2 1st and 2 2nds for White is a pretty good pull the guy in my league was shocked when I wouldn't trade him White straight up for the 1.09
Not sure why you don't believe this. It is true. Why would someone lie about this?

A gave up:

Foster, Arian HOU RB

B gave up:

Pead, Isaiah STL RB

Gordon, Josh CLE WR

Team A gave up:

White, Roddy ATL WR

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Team B gave up:
Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Just curious - does your league require them to pre-pay some part of the 2014/15/16 league buy-ins when trading those picks?
We are supposed to, but the rule has not been enforced to date. It should be now, but the owners in the trade are long time members.

A gave up:

Foster, Arian HOU RB

B gave up:

Pead, Isaiah STL RB

Gordon, Josh CLE WR

Team A gave up:

White, Roddy ATL WR

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Team B gave up:
Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Not sure why you don't believe this. It is true. Why would someone lie about this?
I did not notice it said " Both trades involve the same teams"...has nothing to do believing it or not.

Gave Pierce, Kendall Hunter, 3.07

Got Olsen, T. Gonzalez, Givens, 2.01 (used on Christine Michaels)
Who were top 12 picks in rookie draft? No reason Michael should slip to 2nd. Good trade for you with getting Michael, but pre-rookie draft I prefer Pierce+Hunter unless desperate for TE.

Gave Pierce, Kendall Hunter, 3.07

Got Olsen, T. Gonzalez, Givens, 2.01 (used on Christine Michaels)
Who were top 12 picks in rookie draft? No reason Michael should slip to 2nd. Good trade for you with getting Michael, but pre-rookie draft I prefer Pierce+Hunter unless desperate for TE.
Only TE on roster was Gresham and I had Rice, MJD, Ivory, Sproles, Ballard so Pierce/Hunter expendable.

A gave up:

Foster, Arian HOU RB

B gave up:

Pead, Isaiah STL RB

Gordon, Josh CLE WR

Team A gave up:

White, Roddy ATL WR

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Team B gave up:

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

We are supposed to, but the rule has not been enforced to date. It should be now, but the owners in the trade are long time members.
Team A killed it in both deals

12 team, ppr for WR/TE only, start Q-RR-WWW-T + flex, 4 yr max contracts, each team gets $500 per year to spend on blind bidding during year and RFAs in offseason

L gave up Gronkowski, Rob (1 yr)
PC gave up Witten, Jason (3 yr)

PC gave up Peterson, Adrian (3 yr);Wilson, David (4 yr);Bowe, Dwayne (3 yr);Gronkowski, Rob (1 yr); $150.00 in blind bidding
BB gave up Martin, Doug (4 yr);Richardson, Trent (4 yr);Welker, Wes (3 yr);Davis, Fred (up to 4 yr)

Those two big deals with team A and team B are the kind of deals the rest of the league hates, Haha. Even though team B paid a lot, getting Foster/white/graham is a gigantic improvement for this year, and then for team A in a year or so when Gordon, gronk, and a slew of 1st rounders mature, he will be hugely improved.

A couple big trades (same team A for both) 10 team PPR 2QB 2TE 3RB 3WR 1WR/RB

Team A gets: T-Rich, Tannehil, Hilton, Hartline

Team B gets: Stafford, Fitzgerald, Gio, Dickson

Team A gets: Luck, Chris Harper

Team B gets: Cutler, Marshall, Fleener, '14 3rd (Team B desperately needed a TE, had Delanie Walker and Ladarius Green as starters with Pitta out)

12-team PPR, start 1 QB, 2WR, 2RB, 2 WR/RB Flex

Team A gave - Kaepernick and 49ers Defense (owner already had Brees and Newton)

Team B gave - Jordy Nelson and The Law Firm

12 team PPR start qb,2rb,2wrte,3 flex rb,wr,te 1.5 ppr for te

I gave up big ben, jimmy graham

I received 1.1, 1.6, 1.10, 1.14 2013 draft picks. Romo and greg olsen

You nee

12-team PPR, start 1 QB, 2WR, 2RB, 2 WR/RB Flex

Team A gave - Kaepernick and 49ers Defense (owner already had Brees and Newton)

Team B gave - Jordy Nelson and The Law Firm
That's a sell low on Kaep IMO.
This thread is so hard to gauge "selling low". First, you have to find a team in your specific league that actually needs a QB (Rodgers, Luck, RGIII, Ryan, Wilson, Brady and Peyton, in theory, cross 7 teams off the list as trade partners) and then you need to find a team that has a surplus of the position you need. With no TE-required, you are really just looking for RB or WRs.

12 team PPR start qb,2rb,2wrte,3 flex rb,wr,te 1.5 ppr for te

I gave up big ben, jimmy graham

I received 1.1, 1.6, 1.10, 1.14 2013 draft picks. Romo and greg olsen
You got fleeced. Graham in 1.5 is worth more than that. How do you have a 1.14 in a 12 team league?

Users who are viewing this thread