What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2013 Official Philadelphia Eagles - NFC EAST CHAMPS*** (3 Viewers)

Ideal scenario is taking Joeckel and playing at RT for a year or two and then moving to the left side when Peters retires/is cut.
That's probably what I'd like to see too.
Same. Hopefully Reid doesn't take him at #1.
Sadly he probably will. We all wanted that higher draft pick to lessen the chance of screwing up the 1st pick and now he gets it with another team lol.
2 things. One, the draft is a long way away and boards change. Two, don't underestimate reids ability to screw something up

Not sure how bad Jarvis Jones back condition or whatever is, wonder if he'd be a good fit. Only worry is these high LB picks seems to flame out very often, even high draft picks (Aaron Curry - #4 overall, Maybin, Gholston, McClain, Keith Rivers) - for every Von Miller, there seem to be 5 Gholston's. Little worried that the LB position might be harder to project success, even at the top.

You also have to think if we do move to a 3-4, a NT or rush linebacker might be more appealing at the #4 pick. Plus the secondary was awful. Maybe better coaching will help, but this team definitely has some holes on its roster.
If they make the move to the 3-4 we shouldn't have any issues landing an impact guy in this years draft. At 4 you would have one of the following fall to you IF Joeckel goes #1:Jarvis JonesStar LotuleleiBjoern WernerAny of those guys would help right away.They could also go with MIllner at CB or a guy like Eric Fisher could work his way into the top 5.To be honest, I'm more worried about what they do with the 2 and what dirrection they take with that pick. If they pass on Star they could get a NT later..maybe Jonathan Hankins or John Jenkins. I'd prefer they go back into round one, maybe around the 22-25 range and grab an OL

Little worried that the LB position might be harder to project success, even at the top.
MLB (or ILB if you run a 3-4) is the next-most cerebral position on the field to QB and requires nearly as varied a skill set - more so now than ever as NFL defenses open up and get more creative. You wouldn't expect the hit rate for top-10 drafted MLB/ILB's to be too much higher than for top-10 QB's. In fact, given the relative expenditures of scouts' time and energy to the two positions, I'd actually expect it to be somewhat worse.

Not sure how bad Jarvis Jones back condition or whatever is, wonder if he'd be a good fit. Only worry is these high LB picks seems to flame out very often, even high draft picks (Aaron Curry - #4 overall, Maybin, Gholston, McClain, Keith Rivers) - for every Von Miller, there seem to be 5 Gholston's. Little worried that the LB position might be harder to project success, even at the top.
IMO first round picks should be spent on QBs, DE's and fat guys. You can fill in the rest of your team later on.

You also have to think if we do move to a 3-4, a NT or rush linebacker might be more appealing at the #4 pick. Plus the secondary was awful. Maybe better coaching will help, but this team definitely has some holes on its roster.
If they make the move to the 3-4 we shouldn't have any issues landing an impact guy in this years draft. At 4 you would have one of the following fall to you IF Joeckel goes #1:Jarvis JonesStar LotuleleiBjoern WernerAny of those guys would help right away.They could also go with MIllner at CB or a guy like Eric Fisher could work his way into the top 5.To be honest, I'm more worried about what they do with the 2 and what dirrection they take with that pick. If they pass on Star they could get a NT later..maybe Jonathan Hankins or John Jenkins. I'd prefer they go back into round one, maybe around the 22-25 range and grab an OL
If Joeckel is gone, I go with Millner. That secondary is putrid and he can help day one. This draft is very strong at the DL position, one can be had later.Also, I'm not sold Andy doesn't take Geno if he has a great combine. Heck, that's how he built the Eagles with the McNabb pick all those years ago.

If Joeckel is gone, I go with Millner. That secondary is putrid and he can help day one. This draft is very strong at the DL position, one can be had later.Also, I'm not sold Andy doesn't take Geno if he has a great combine. Heck, that's how he built the Eagles with the McNabb pick all those years ago.
Andy was kind of infatuated with Donovan though. He met him while he was a junior or a sophomore at Syracuse. He gave him some coaching tips on how to be more ready for the NFL. Then when it came time to draft him, Andy knew exactly who he wanted. Don't know if he'll love Geno the same way but he very well could and have the same Andy mindset of "I'll coach this guy up cause I'm a QB guru."

Andy was kind of infatuated with Donovan though. He met him while he was a junior or a sophomore at Syracuse. He gave him some coaching tips on how to be more ready for the NFL. Then when it came time to draft him, Andy knew exactly who he wanted. Don't know if he'll love Geno the same way but he very well could and have the same Andy mindset of "I'll coach this guy up cause I'm a QB guru."
Well he's not going to use any QB on his current roster and after looking at the potential FA QB's I can't see how he gets much better signing one of them. He's a QB guy and I fully expect him to take one #1 overall.

Well he's not going to use any QB on his current roster and after looking at the potential FA QB's I can't see how he gets much better signing one of them. He's a QB guy and I fully expect him to take one #1 overall.
Hope so because I don't see Jax or Oak going with the "safe" pick of Joeckel.The only other question then is does Chip recognize that to run his style of offense, he needs a beastly o-line to protect the QB?

Last edited by a moderator:
'Insein said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Insein said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Awful Waffle said:
If they make the move to the 3-4 we shouldn't have any issues landing an impact guy in this years draft. At 4 you would have one of the following fall to you IF Joeckel goes #1:Jarvis Jones

Star Lotulelei

Bjoern Werner

Any of those guys would help right away.

They could also go with MIllner at CB or a guy like Eric Fisher could work his way into the top 5.

To be honest, I'm more worried about what they do with the 2 and what dirrection they take with that pick. If they pass on Star they could get a NT later..maybe Jonathan Hankins or John Jenkins. I'd prefer they go back into round one, maybe around the 22-25 range and grab an OL
Hope so because I don't see Jax or Oak going with the "safe" pick of Joeckel.The only other question then is does Chip recognize that to run his style of offense, he needs a beastly o-line to protect the QB?
I can absolutely see OAK taking Joeckel. Now that Al is gone, I expect the personnel decisions to be much better now (almost has to be by default).

'delusional said:
'jasvic said:
One thing I'm curious about. I've read his practices at Oregon are extremely fast paced. I wonder if he will try and bring that philosophy with him and how veteran players would react to it. I could see a lot of whining and complaining. Desean, I'm looking at you.
Read my post above yours.Overall I think a new coach of this magnitude will be a huge change for the players overall. In a good way that is. Its no coincidence that alot of the players whom come in the past few seasons played like they don't belong in the league. 1 player that could happen too but not a bunch of them at the same time. That leads me to believe it wasn't just the players but the entire coaching staff also. ( which is why I am not giving up on Cole Jenkins Awesomeguy or DRC ) Think of it like addition by subtraction. With a new staff now, you SHOULD see a revived team.

May not have put this into words the way I want it but hope some can understand what I was trying to say.
Talking about different things. Game plan, I'm confident he'll adapt. But will he regardless keep his high tempo and make practices the same? NFL players aren't used to having practices at warp speed, then again I believe the rules for college and NFL practice times are different, so it may not be an issue.

'Insein said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Insein said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Awful Waffle said:
If they make the move to the 3-4 we shouldn't have any issues landing an impact guy in this years draft. At 4 you would have one of the following fall to you IF Joeckel goes #1:Jarvis Jones

Star Lotulelei

Bjoern Werner

They could also go with MIllner at CB or a guy like Eric Fisher could work his way into the top 5.

To be honest, I'm more worried about what they do with the 2 and what dirrection they take with that pick. If they pass on Star they could get a NT later..maybe Jonathan Hankins or John Jenkins. I'd prefer they go back into round one, maybe around the 22-25 range and grab an OL
I can absolutely see OAK taking Joeckel. Now that Al is gone, I expect the personnel decisions to be much better now (almost has to be by default).
I can't. Their defense is terrible. They need players there much more than on offense.

'Insein said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Insein said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Awful Waffle said:

Star Lotulelei

Bjoern Werner

And Jacksonville always seems to take a different approach then what the experts think.

'Insein said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Insein said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Awful Waffle said:

Star Lotulelei

Bjoern Werner

I can't. Their defense is terrible. They need players there much more than on offense.
Like I said, the Defensive Line talent is VERY deep this year. There will be guys going in the 2nd that would have gone in the first last year from what I understand. CB is shallow, I could see them going there as well as OT, which might be even more shallow than CB now that Lewan is going back to school. Looking at how this draft stacks up, those two positions are my first priority.

But you have to remember, Oakland doesn't have a 2nd round pick. So their 1st round pick needs to be a home run, or they'll trade back.

I think they'd only trade up for Joeckel. Geno's a good QB prospect, but the gap between him and guys like Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, etc. isn't that wide. The gap between Joeckel and Eric Fisher, however, is big.

'Insein said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Insein said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Awful Waffle said:

Star Lotulelei

Bjoern Werner

And Jacksonville always seems to take a different approach then what the experts think.
Different guy making the pick now thankfully.Joeckel doesn't fit the Jags because their offensive line needs a RT (and a C/G).

Personnel driven schemes. I like this dude so far. Although he did mention responsilbity already. ;)

Someone's got to take him aside and tell him to avoid using the phrase "putting guys in position to make plays."Otherwise I like what I hear so far... surprising it took so long for the question of "final say" to come up.Whats up with reporters prefacing their questions with "How r u doing?"

Someone's got to take him aside and tell him to avoid using the phrase "putting guys in position to make plays."Otherwise I like what I hear so far... surprising it took so long for the question of "final say" to come up.Whats up with reporters prefacing their questions with "How r u doing?"
First time meeting the guy, why not ask? Start off on a good relationship for info and interviews later. Yeah I liked the "I'm not a GM, I'm not a cap guy" comment, talking about a collaborative effort.

'delusional said:
'jasvic said:
One thing I'm curious about. I've read his practices at Oregon are extremely fast paced. I wonder if he will try and bring that philosophy with him and how veteran players would react to it. I could see a lot of whining and complaining. Desean, I'm looking at you.
Read my post above yours.Overall I think a new coach of this magnitude will be a huge change for the players overall. In a good way that is. Its no coincidence that alot of the players whom come in the past few seasons played like they don't belong in the league. 1 player that could happen too but not a bunch of them at the same time. That leads me to believe it wasn't just the players but the entire coaching staff also. ( which is why I am not giving up on Cole Jenkins Awesomeguy or DRC ) Think of it like addition by subtraction. With a new staff now, you SHOULD see a revived team.

May not have put this into words the way I want it but hope some can understand what I was trying to say.
Talking about different things. Game plan, I'm confident he'll adapt. But will he regardless keep his high tempo and make practices the same? NFL players aren't used to having practices at warp speed, then again I believe the rules for college and NFL practice times are different, so it may not be an issue.
They are different but I am not sure what effects it would generally take on Kelly's. IMHO though a lot of these NFL players on every team needs to be pushed more. A lot of these guys like to do the bear minimum and still cash their checks.

First time meeting the guy, why not ask? Start off on a good relationship for info and interviews later. Yeah I liked the "I'm not a GM, I'm not a cap guy" comment, talking about a collaborative effort.
One thing that may PO fans is Kelly doesn't talk about injuries or guys who didn't practice. Heard that from the guy from CSN Boston talking to CSN last night when they asked him about Kelly's personality since he's from that area. That maybe something that fans here may not like. I like Kelly's personality. Sounds like the boring PCs are over and we'll be getting some funny jokes in there. He already seems well aware of the area. I remember my cousin who's a positions coach at Council Rock North told me he saw Kelly up at one of their games recruiting players last year or the year before.

'Ash said:
@Jeff_McLane Kelly prefers to have an agressive, attacking defense and will likely switch the #Eagles to a 3-4 scheme, the source said.
So is Trent Cole the Rush linebacker or is he odd man out? Too small for a 3-4 DE.
Assuming they go to the 3-4 I guess it would depend on if they feel like he could play in space or not. If not (and this is a long shot) maybe they deal him to get more picks or a better fit for the 3-4?
For mine, Cole would become a situational guy if he stays on the roster, which I wouldn't guarantee after a down year last year. If they do switch, he'd probably be a reasonable chance of being moved on, not much upside for a 30yo guy trying to learn a new position he probably isn't suited to. Would be kind of a shame to see it end that way for him.There was a bit of discussion in the 2012 thread on the 3-4 and I've been thinking about it since and I think Graham would actually work better as a DE than a LB even in the 3-4. He doesn't have great speed, not sure if it's still picking up after the injury but his game is mostly based on his great lower body power and bull rush which might work out. He'd have to put some weight back on (he trimmed down a bit for Washburn's system), but if they run a 1-gap 3-4 I'd like to see how Graham goes at DE.
In his rookie year IIRC he played some DT.

'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Awful Waffle said:
The value of the NT in a 3-4 cannot be understated. Look at the Pats and Ravens if you have any questions

One thing that may PO fans is Kelly doesn't talk about injuries or guys who didn't practice. Heard that from the guy from CSN Boston talking to CSN last night when they asked him about Kelly's personality since he's from that area. That maybe something that fans here may not like. I like Kelly's personality. Sounds like the boring PCs are over and we'll be getting some funny jokes in there. He already seems well aware of the area. I remember my cousin who's a positions coach at Council Rock North told me he saw Kelly up at one of their games recruiting players last year or the year before.
I found it interesting that in his post press conference interview with Derrick Gunn he mentioned his familiarity with the area and that he recuited a kid from my hometown Coatesville, Stephan Lewis, who is now in the UNH Hall of Fame. His mom was an employee of our business at the time. :thumbup:

'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Awful Waffle said:

Star Lotulelei

Bjoern Werner

The value of the NT in a 3-4 cannot be understated. Look at the Pats and Ravens if you have any questions
They would be the bolded in this draft. If Jacksconville lets Terrance Knighton go he would be another.

I think they'd only trade up for Joeckel. Geno's a good QB prospect, but the gap between him and guys like Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, etc. isn't that wide. The gap between Joeckel and Eric Fisher, however, is big.
I wouldnt go that far. Fisher will end up in the top 10 if he keeps doing what he's been doing.

I have no idea what capacity these guys will be in:Jen Beyrle‏@JenBeyrle Source close to UO FB program tells me that Jerry Azzinaro, Greg Austin, Matthew Harper and Todd Lyght are going to Philly with Chip Kelly.

I have no idea what capacity these guys will be in:Jen Beyrle‏@JenBeyrle Source close to UO FB program tells me that Jerry Azzinaro, Greg Austin, Matthew Harper and Todd Lyght are going to Philly with Chip Kelly.
Did some digging.Azzinaro was the DL coach at Oregon the last few seasons.Austin, Harper, and Lyght are all graduate assistants.Austin was an offensive lineman at Nebraska.Harper was a safety for Oregon.Lyght was a cornerback who played in the NFL for the Rams from 1991-2000 and then briefly with the Lions from 2001-2002.

'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Awful Waffle said:

Star Lotulelei

Bjoern Werner

They would be the bolded in this draft. If Jacksconville lets Terrance Knighton go he would be another.
Everything Ive read and seen on Star is that he is a Haloti Ngata clone

Did some digging.Azzinaro was the DL coach at Oregon the last few seasons.Austin, Harper, and Lyght are all graduate assistants.Austin was an offensive lineman at Nebraska.Harper was a safety for Oregon.Lyght was a cornerback who played in the NFL for the Rams from 1991-2000 and then briefly with the Lions from 2001-2002.
To follow up, she tweeted that Chris Courtney (a beat writer for Oregon's 247 recruiting website) reports they're there as "quality control assistants."

Give me Joeckel. I think he will be there, I don't think KC needs OT help. Their line is actually pretty decent they just have no QB. Our line has too many questions & you don't pass on a possible franchise type tackle.Peters - Mathis - Center - Herremans - Joeckel

I still think KC will take Geno Smith #1. Jacksonville needs a defensive player at #2. I think Oakland goes defense, but I do think they could trade down. If somebody calls up (Rams?) looking for a franchise LT and is willing to give up a 2nd rounder, Oakland would be smart to do so.

Howard Eskin, who can't be trusted, says Eagles hired Azzinaro as DL coach and Georgia DC Todd Grantham and Alabama DC Kirby Smart are interested or will interview for the DC position.

Howard Eskin, who can't be trusted, says Eagles hired Azzinaro as DL coach and Georgia DC Todd Grantham and Alabama DC Kirby Smart are interested or will interview for the DC position.
Azzinaro was mentioned above and Todd Grantham was mentioned before. Does Kirby have any NFL experience?

New Eagles coach Chip Kelly said at his introductory press conference that he believes ex-Oregon QB Darron Thomas is an NFL-caliber quarterback.Thomas was Kelly's starting quarterback in 2010 and 2011. Slightly built with mediocre arm strength, Thomas' decision to declare for the 2012 draft early was widely panned and he went undrafted, landing in the CFL with the Calgary Stampeders. "Yeah, I think he can play in this league," Kelly said of Thomas. Thomas could get a camp invite to try to make the Eagles this summer.
:unsure:

Azzinaro was mentioned above and Todd Grantham was mentioned before. Does Kirby have any NFL experience?
He's been with Saban since LSU. He was Saban's DBs coach with the Dolphins. I'm intrigued by anyone who has been working with/learning from Saban for the past decade.

Users who are viewing this thread