What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Rookie 1.01 (1 Viewer)

Who is rookie pick 1.01 in Start 2 QB Scoring?

• QB Geno Smith

Votes: 77 30.9%
  • QB Matt Barkley

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • QB Ryan Nassib

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • QB Mike Glennon

• QB E.J. Manuel

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • RB Eddie Lacy

Votes: 92 36.9%
  • RB Giovani Bernard

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • RB Montee Ball

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • WR Cordarrelle Patterson

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • WR Keenan Allen

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • WR Tavon Austin

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • TE Tyler Eifert

• TE Zach Ertz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't play - No vote

Votes: 40 16.1%

• Total voters

Faust

MVP
This set of polls is post combine but prior to the NFL draft. There will also be a set of polls for after the NFL draft.As always - please feel free to add any comments on why you selected a player at this slot and don't be afraid to suggest players who you think that I have overlooked (or if you voted other, then please feel free to add a post on who you voted for)

Not a huge fan of Lacy but with no elite prospects this year I think he sweeps all categories based on the info we currently have.

If Reid decides he likes a QB enough to take him 1.01, I'll take that QB based on Reid's success developing QBs. Otherwise, Lacy sweeps in a down year.

Right now, it has to be Lacy. It's likely that one of the other guys will pass him based on a great landing place, but Lacy is top 3 anywhere he goes. You can't say that about anybody else.

If you don't play in 2QB leagues, you should click the "do not play - no vote" button rather than the same guy you like in the more traditional leagues.

Not feeling Lacy so for me it all comes to landing spots and what happens in FA. I would rather take a redshirt season from Lattimore or go Patterson.

If you have the 1.01 pick in a start 2 QB league, then it was very likely that your team was weak at the QB position.You would have to dislike all of the top 3-5 QBs to pass on one with the 1.01 pick, because there will be at least 3-4 that will be selected before it is your turn again at the 2.01 pick!

If you have the 1.01 pick in a start 2 QB league, then it was very likely that your team was weak at the QB position.You would have to dislike all of the top 3-5 QBs to pass on one with the 1.01 pick, because there will be at least 3-4 that will be selected before it is your turn again at the 2.01 pick!
While I don't doubt this is likely the case, it's possible your two QBs are Tannehill and Newton as well. Newton wasn't very good until half way through the season, and Tannehill looks like a solid QB prospect at this point. Even in a 2QB league, you are better off getting a good player. I think its Lacy in a landslide for the #1 right now.

K. Allen for me. I prefer to go WR in dynasty rookie drafts. If he would have been healthy at the combine I think he would be neck and neck with Lacy.Also voted Geno in the start 2 QB, I think he is a fantasy football gem and is falling and being overlooked much like Cam Newton was a couple of years back. People are thinking too hard on this guy.

Also voted Geno in the start 2 QB, I think he is a fantasy football gem and is falling and being overlooked much like Cam Newton was a couple of years back. People are thinking too hard on this guy.
Me too. I'm going QB #1 no matter what in a start 2 league. Geno - assuming he's the first QB taken - will get his shot.

Bump for a few more votes for tonight, but this one isn't even close. It should be interesting to see how the voting changes in late April and into May after the NFL draft is completed and we know where these players have landed!

While I don't doubt this is likely the case, it's possible your two QBs are Tannehill and Newton as well. Newton wasn't very good until half way through the season, and Tannehill looks like a solid QB prospect at this point. Even in a 2QB league, you are better off getting a good player. I think its Lacy in a landslide for the #1 right now.
I'm skeptical you have ever played in a 2QB league.

Bump for a few more votes for tonight, but this one isn't even close. It should be interesting to see how the voting changes in late April and into May after the NFL draft is completed and we know where these players have landed!
If you continue these, might want to separate the standard/PPR leagues from the 2QB-leagues. It's clear that people that don't play in these leagues just voted anyway.

If you continue these, might want to separate the standard/PPR leagues from the 2QB-leagues. It's clear that people that don't play in these leagues just voted anyway.
I like the suggestion of splitting out the 2 QB poll. I think I might do that for the polls after the NFL draft takes place.I wouldn't rule out the possibility that somebody picking with the 1.01 isn't sold on any of the QBs in this year's class being their choice, and they could be weak at other spots like RB as well. Passing on a QB here will result in your picking from who ever is left over at the 2.01 pick, hoping that you can make a trade, or resigning yourself to hoping that you can land a player like Teddy Bridgewater in the 2014 rookie draft.It is also possible that some of the voters have multiple rookie picks in the first round, so they would select Lacy with the 1.01 and would then take a QB with another pick.I will make sure that the Rookie 1.02 poll goes up tonight!

Feel free to make suggestions on players that should be under consideration to add to these polls as we go along, especially if you voted for "other" in one of the polls.

I like the suggestion of splitting out the 2 QB poll. I think I might do that for the polls after the NFL draft takes place.I wouldn't rule out the possibility that somebody picking with the 1.01 isn't sold on any of the QBs in this year's class being their choice, and they could be weak at other spots like RB as well. Passing on a QB here will result in your picking from who ever is left over at the 2.01 pick, hoping that you can make a trade, or resigning yourself to hoping that you can land a player like Teddy Bridgewater in the 2014 rookie draft.It is also possible that some of the voters have multiple rookie picks in the first round, so they would select Lacy with the 1.01 and would then take a QB with another pick.I will make sure that the Rookie 1.02 poll goes up tonight!
I could see the argument that *some* people might not view 1.01 in a 2QB league as the top-rated QB. However, only 26 people out of 140 or so respondents reported that they didn't play in 2QB leagues (which is silly -- these type of leagues are quite uncommon). Based on that, and the overall poor results of that poll, I don't think its going out on a limb to suggest that *most* of the voters for Lacy aren't/never had played in 2QB leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also voted Geno in the start 2 QB, I think he is a fantasy football gem and is falling and being overlooked much like Cam Newton was a couple of years back. People are thinking too hard on this guy.
Me too. I'm going QB #1 no matter what in a start 2 league. Geno - assuming he's the first QB taken - will get his shot.
Generally this.Everyone has their own philosophy about it, but when it comes right down to it the best decision is to draft the QB unless you have Adrian Peterson / Calvin Johnson type players sitting there in a draft class that houses mediocre QB talent.

Generally this.Everyone has their own philosophy about it, but when it comes right down to it the best decision is to draft the QB unless you have Adrian Peterson / Calvin Johnson type players sitting there in a draft class that houses mediocre QB talent.
And in Fantasy when there are only 32 QB's to choose from (and probably only 20 of those starting QB's you want to start anyways) taking a guy like Geno can give you some good trade value down the line.

Lacy skipping his pro day due to the hamstring, can I change my pick
Per Roto...Alabama RB Eddie Lacy will miss the Crimson Tide's March 13 Pro Day due to "lingering" tightness in his hamstringPer ESPN's Adam Schefter, Lacy's workout date is now "TBD." The lingering nature of Lacy's injury is becoming increasingly concerning, even if he has plenty of time before Week 1. Hamstring injuries are highly susceptible to setbacks.Source: Adam Schefter on TwitterMar 9 - 11:23 PM

This has to be the worst time in the past ten years to have the 1.01 I wish I could move it. Id take some bacon and eggs right now for it.

I traded up and plan on taking Tavon Austin, as long as the Jets don't land him.

4.25 speed, quicker than fast, ran the ball a lot last year and held up... Doesn't take direct hits and is the quickest player I've ever seen.

Part Percy Harvin, part Darron Sproles. He's built smaller, but he can do everything. If we're talking return yardage scoring involved as well, Austin is more valuable. I'm taking him at 1 and not thinking twice about it.

I traded up and plan on taking Tavon Austin, as long as the Jets don't land him. 4.25 speed, quicker than fast, ran the ball a lot last year and held up... Doesn't take direct hits and is the quickest player I've ever seen.Part Percy Harvin, part Darron Sproles. He's built smaller, but he can do everything. If we're talking return yardage scoring involved as well, Austin is more valuable. I'm taking him at 1 and not thinking twice about it.
Same thoughts but only for PPR and ending up with the right offense (not jets).

I traded up and plan on taking Tavon Austin, as long as the Jets don't land him. 4.25 speed, quicker than fast, ran the ball a lot last year and held up... Doesn't take direct hits and is the quickest player I've ever seen.Part Percy Harvin, part Darron Sproles. He's built smaller, but he can do everything. If we're talking return yardage scoring involved as well, Austin is more valuable. I'm taking him at 1 and not thinking twice about it.
If you get return yardage points I wouldn't sleep on Patterson. There's a good chance he will be returning punts if he struggles picking up the WR game in the NFL. He and Austin are immensely more valuable in that scoring IMO.

Same thoughts but only for PPR and ending up with the right offense (not jets).
Insanity

honestly... questionable pro day and all, there's isn't much better than lacy at the skill positions in this class imo.

Right now I would go Lacy then Hopkins. Patterson in Minnesota just seems like a poor fit. A guy who isn't running the right routes couple with a qb who isn't very accurate sounds like trouble.

Right now I would go Lacy then Hopkins. Patterson in Minnesota just seems like a poor fit. A guy who isn't running the right routes couple with a qb who isn't very accurate sounds like trouble.
this is Ponders last year at QB, dont let short term situation dictate not taking a player. IF you believe in Cordarrelle, Podner shouldnt matter.

Users who are viewing this thread