What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Concerts Thread (1 Viewer)

I would love to get over to the Beacon theatre but not sure that I can pull it off. I have a bunch of Arcade Fire shows (whole east coast swing?) of course. Philly and Bridgeport Ct. start it off in a Couple of weeks. St. Vincent is intriguing....
Here is a local review of the St. Vincent show at Terminal 5

Star-Ledger Review of St. Vincent (Terminal 5 NYC)
I've seen her a few times now...her shows are definitely different. The only sad part is that she can't play any of her oldest stuff because the instrumentation is too complex to do on a tour (or so she's said), so she sticks pretty much strictly to the newer stuff.

I made sure to get my tickets to the local show before the new album came out, just in case she blows up. It seems every album she releases gets more hype than the last.

Take this FWIW, though, I'm a St. Vincent fanboy like Pik is an Arcade Fire fanboy. She never misses the mark for me.

Guided. By. #######. Voices.

Going to try to get into the sold-out Malkmus show tonight

Drive-by Truckers x3

Strunz and Farah

Kermit Ruffins
Dr. Dog

Have to decide between Kermit Ruffins and the NSO doing Beethoven's 1 & 2 tomorrow night.
i've never seen Drive-by Truckers live, are they a good live band?

Black Sabbath in April. No Bill Ward but should be good anyway. I know Ozzy is losing his chops but to see him with Geezer and Iommi will be good. I've heard the shows are good so I'm excited.

squamish music festival aug 8-10

headliners are Eminem , Bruno mars and arcade fire
:thumbup:

Went last year. Pretty impressive how much they were able to expand this year, those headliners are huge.
I know , these are huge acts and people are pumped up here

should be a 3 crazy days

next time you are up here gimme a shout and will hook for beers
Haven't completely ruled out doing Squamish again this year. It's so ####### beautiful up there. Kinda waiting to see what lineup Outside Lands rolls out with, which is the same weekend. Will probably come down to factoring lineup and my $ situation by the end of summer. Way cheaper for me to camp at Squamish than get a hotel in SF.

Will definitely be down for beers if I make the trip though. Attended solo last year and everyone I met was really friendly. Would be fitting if I met up with another FBG, seems like most of the shows I have tickets for this year are cornholes.

Arcade Fire with Stu

Hold Steady with Stu

Bonnaroo with Tasker

:banned:

squamish music festival aug 8-10

headliners are Eminem , Bruno mars and arcade fire
:thumbup:

Went last year. Pretty impressive how much they were able to expand this year, those headliners are huge.
I know , these are huge acts and people are pumped up here

should be a 3 crazy days

next time you are up here gimme a shout and will hook for beers
Haven't completely ruled out doing Squamish again this year. It's so ####### beautiful up there. Kinda waiting to see what lineup Outside Lands rolls out with, which is the same weekend. Will probably come down to factoring lineup and my $ situation by the end of summer. Way cheaper for me to camp at Squamish than get a hotel in SF.

Will definitely be down for beers if I make the trip though. Attended solo last year and everyone I met was really friendly. Would be fitting if I met up with another FBG, seems like most of the shows I have tickets for this year are cornholes.

Arcade Fire with Stu

Hold Steady with Stu

Bonnaroo with Tasker

:banned:
summertime is freaking great, our winters do suck with the constant rain but better then snow

im up there for the 3 days so there will be plenty of time and beers :suds:

if you do head up here then gimme a shout and meet you there and show you around the city if you are here for a bit

Would love to take my 12 year old to see NiN and Soundgarden this summer in Toronto

Pretty excited to see a bunch of bands Ive never seen before (1 exception being J Roddy) over the next couple months...

Tonight - Lucero

Apr 18 - The War On Drugs

May 2 - Cage The Elephant, Foals, J Roddy Walston & the Business (free show :thumbup: )

May 13 - Portugal. The Man

May 20 - Modest Mouse

May 28 - Manchester Orchestra

Lucero ####in killed it. I wasnt sure if Ben Nicholls was goin to refuse a shot or not. Stripped it down to just him & 1 other band member for a handful of songs mid-set, and in retrospect it was a great time to go for that. Anytime Lucero plays near me, Im in. They were great.

Going to see Yarn Saturday. I won't be able to make the Merlefest this year, but will catch Willie Nelson and Alison Krauss/Union Station w/ Jerry Douglas, and guests The Devil Makes Three the following weekend.

Currently purchased

Neutral Milk Hotel

Malkmus

Coachella
The NMH show was unbelievable. I've seen Mangum solo before but the full band was fantastic. Scott Spillane and (especially) Julian Koster are a trip to watch play. If you're a fan and have never seen them I'd urge you to catch them on this tour. Who knows when Mangum may go AWOL again.

No extra tix for the Alabama Shakes. I was online when they went on sale and they sold out in like 10 minutes!

Saw Tinariwen in Philly a couple weeks ago, and they rocked the house. If you don't know them, check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa7C2Z3PZak

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently purchased

Neutral Milk Hotel

Malkmus

Coachella
The NMH show was unbelievable. I've seen Mangum solo before but the full band was fantastic. Scott Spillane and (especially) Julian Koster are a trip to watch play. If you're a fan and have never seen them I'd urge you to catch them on this tour. Who knows when Mangum may go AWOL again.
This is one of the do not miss tours of my lifetime. No exaggeration. Just a tremendously potent show. One highlight after another, but the Ruby Bulbs>Snow Song Pt. 1 and THB, Pt 2 stand out. I was also impressed with how cohesive the Untitled was.

Saw the Fitz and the Trantrums last night. Great show. Haven't had that much fun at a concert in a long time. Non-stop dancing and everyone having a great time. Recommend.

Attended:

Cut Copy

Have tickets:

St. Vincent

Bonnaroo

Might attend:

Hold Steady (probably not because of work <_< ), The War on Drugs, Danny Brown, Hollerado & Wildlife, of Montreal, Polica, Vampire Weekend, City and Colour & Tokyo Police Club

Attended:

Har Mar Superstar

Caroline Smith

Arctic Monkeys

Tickets acquired:

Queen of the Stone Age

HAIM

Band of Skulls
Great list here.
Jack White tour announced. Not coming to Minneapolis, so I am going to St. Louis and Milwaukee. Scored the tickets through my Vault membership. Very excited!

Additional tickets secured:

Glen Hansard

Chvrches

Last edited by a moderator:
any St. Louis FootballGuys - the Jack White show is at the Fabulous Fox Theatre on a Sunday night. I'm taking my wife and making a weekend of it. Where should we stay? Spare no expense.

Going to see Brit Floyd next month.

They are a pretty fantastic Pink Floyd tribute band. Massive production, the songs are spot on. They do a fantastic job.

So far I've seen Arcade Fire and The Hold Steady.

Tickets for Elbow, Arctic Monkeys and Def Leppard/KISS

Considering a relatively close festival (NXNE in Toronto or Osheaga in Montreal).

I've seen Neko Case, DBT and several local acts; tickets in hand for Elvis Costello, John Prine and Old '97s tours. Local festival lineups look pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread