What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Oakland Raiders Regular Season Thread (1 Viewer)

I consider Jones the #1, especially when Carr is under center. Sparano's declaration of running the ball will last all of 1 quarter. The Raiders have been miserable trying to run the ball to date. Not one RB is averaging more than 3.5 yards per carry. And once they fall behind they will be forced to throw the ball. The key is Carr. If he starts then start Jones. If not, it is a crap shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Insider Buzz: Raiders Would Agree to NFC West Move to Land Los Angeles Stadium

By Team Stream Now, B/R Video

Oct 8, 2014

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2224854-insider-buzz-raiders-would-agree-to-nfc-west-move-to-land-los-angeles-stadium

Basically Mark Davis has said he is willing to move the Raiders to the NFC if both the Chargers and Raiders move to L.A. Probably moving to the NFC West and switching conferences with the Seahawks.
That would be horrible for Raider, Bronco, Chief and Charger fans. The Raiders biggest rivalry in the division changes every few years time but, even with this long period of being pathetic, every other team in the division counts the Raiders as their biggest rival.

#### the Chargers, the Raiders still own LA and if the Chargers want to move there then they can move to the NFC or the NL or the Norris division or to ####### Timbuktu.

Ridiculous idea and shows how desperate Davis is to get a stadium. Seems to me that Portland is ripe for the opportunity to land a franchise, only from the perspective of being a high density, urban area.

decent article, but a lot of guessing by the writer. has Hansen shown he has a good inside beat on this stuff? it's clear he would prefer they stop running Mcfadden and give the ball to one of the other backs, but then later suggests getting Mcfadden space to run should be a priority. I guess he meant getting any back space is a priority. totally agree with him on Reece utilization on the run game and since Sparano is expected to focus on the run game this will probably be the case. i doubt they win this weekend, but let's see if they can look less incompetent than they have so far in the season.

SD homer a little worried about this week.

I always thought Sporano did a good job in Miami and he was very innovative and had his teams playing hard. They have had two weeks to prepare for SD

Might not have the horses in Oakland.

The SD Oline is in shambles, on their 3rd center and Fluker is hurt as well.

SD homer a little worried about this week.

I always thought Sporano did a good job in Miami and he was very innovative and had his teams playing hard. They have had two weeks to prepare for SD

Might not have the horses in Oakland.

The SD Oline is in shambles, on their 3rd center and Fluker is hurt as well.
This Raider fan wishes I could agree with you a little. The Raiders are in shambles. Very little talent on both sides of the ball and a new HC. SD wins by 14.

Raider Nation - Is there any news coming out of Oakland at all about possibly/finally giving some run to Lav Murray this week and going forward?

Raider Nation - Is there any news coming out of Oakland at all about possibly/finally giving some run to Lav Murray this week and going forward?
I can't find any tweets about RBs at practice today.

They did sign Jamar Chaney, Sio Moore was back at practice, and Sparano would not comment on who will be the backup QB.

Moore showed his true colors with his comments after the Patriot game. He is not a competitor and will let the team down in crunch time and again. All of his potential has rarely manifested itself on the field. Sparano is just doing his due diligence and trying to motivate Moore, but it will end in disappointment. This is the kind of player the Raiders need to purge from the roster. The sooner the better.

Moore showed his true colors with his comments after the Patriot game. He is not a competitor and will let the team down in crunch time and again. All of his potential has rarely manifested itself on the field. Sparano is just doing his due diligence and trying to motivate Moore, but it will end in disappointment. This is the kind of player the Raiders need to purge from the roster. The sooner the better.
I was flabbergasted they didn't cut him after that. Says a lot about the tolerance there.

edit: was that a real quote, or from a satire/parody piece? As I Iook around it appears it may not have been real?

krsone21 said:
Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 3m3 minutes ago

Oh, and Sparano said WR Denarius Moore, inactive in the last game, gets a clean slate

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 4m4 minutes ago

Both Sparano and QB Derek Carr are high on new WR Kenbrell Thompkins. "Big kid that can run" and "hard worker who wants to know everything"
If he's so great why did New England cut him?
The Patriots needed LB help and they had to cut someone to make room. Patriots really wanted Thompkins to make it back to their practice squad. They didn't want to lose him.

krsone21 said:

Oh, and Sparano said WR Denarius Moore, inactive in the last game, gets a clean slate

Both Sparano and QB Derek Carr are high on new WR Kenbrell Thompkins. "Big kid that can run" and "hard worker who wants to know everything"
The Patriots needed LB help and they had to cut someone to make room. Patriots really wanted Thompkins to make it back to their practice squad. They didn't want to lose him.
I don't buy it. If they really liked him, they would have found a way to keep him. Its just a testament to how much talent is lacking on the Raiders roster.

krsone21 said:

I don't buy it. If they really liked him, they would have found a way to keep him. Its just a testament to how much talent is lacking on the Raiders roster.
It's rarely that cut and dried. They like them all, that's why they haven't cut them prior. The decision is frequently about who they think they have the highest likelihood to get through and/or the alternatives if they do lose him. They had another guy in Tyms that they were high on too, so their backout plan could easily have been to try to sneak Thompkins though and if it didn't work, they have a fallback.

Yes, maybe they can hire Gruden and relocate to LA then move to the NFC. <_<

Relocating to LA is the only one I see having a chance to become reality.

krsone21 said:

It's rarely that cut and dried. They like them all, that's why they haven't cut them prior. The decision is frequently about who they think they have the highest likelihood to get through and/or the alternatives if they do lose him. They had another guy in Tyms that they were high on too, so their backout plan could easily have been to try to sneak Thompkins though and if it didn't work, they have a fallback.
Not sure how the Patriots would ever hope to keep him on a practice squad. Seems the cut-and-dried situation is that instead of taking a lower pay and suiting up every day except Sundays for the Patriots, Thompkins took a higher paycheck as an active player with a good chance of seeing meaningful play on a squad looking to redefine themselves.

krsone21 said:

Not sure how the Patriots would ever hope to keep him on a practice squad. Seems the cut-and-dried situation is that instead of taking a lower pay and suiting up every day except Sundays for the Patriots, Thompkins took a higher paycheck as an active player with a good chance of seeing meaningful play on a squad looking to redefine themselves.
You do know this wasn't his choice, right? The Raiders claimed him on waivers.

krsone21 said:

You do know this wasn't his choice, right? The Raiders claimed him on waivers.
and that he won't make any more money....or that he couldn't voluntarily take less money from the pats to stay right? ;)

Raiders, San Antonio surveying fan interest on move to Alamo CityPhil Anaya, KENS 512:44 a.m. CDT October 10, 2014

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/local/2014/10/09/raiders-san-antonio/17011315/

New signs suggest the Oakland Raiders are seriously considering relocating to South Texas.

The latest development comes as both the team and city split the cost for a survey to gauge the interest of residents of the San Antonio area on how they would welcome the team.

The survey was sent to 50,000 people who have attended the Alamodome and ask questions like, what people would pay for tickets, or if they would even support the Raiders.

It's a hot topic that has given ESPN San Antonio radio hosts Jason Minnix' and Dat Nguyen plenty to talk about.

"The people really have a big say in where this goes, I mean if this survey comes back and they're all negative, what does this say for the raiders?" said Minnix.

Minnix said San Antonio's media market might not be able to support an NFL team, but with support of Austin, the move makes more financial sense.

Mike Sawaya, director of Convention, Sports, and Entertainment Facilities for the city of San Antonio told Eyewitness news, next week Austin residents should be getting the survey.

"San Antonio by itself eh, but you add in the I-35 corridor and that makes us a great, great viable spot for the NFL in my opinion," said Minnix.

After playing 7 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, Nguyen knows Texas breeds passionate NFL fans.

"I had some friends that played in San Antonio during the Katrina time, the New Orleans Saints came here and they were here for a few months and they said it was one of the best places they played," said Nguyen.

Nguyen told Eyewitness News he has a "funny gut feeling" the Raiders are coming to San Antonio because of everything that's unfolded so far. Sawaya said the results of the survey won't be available until November at the earliest.

Fantasy-wise, FBG has Streater ranked slightly ahead of Holmes. I'm not seeing it. Rod is a nice, reliable target but there's nothing really noteworthy about him I think Holmes has the chance to be special. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Streater - the most under-rated WR in the NFL...even by their own fans!
He's underrated? I'd be curious to hear how highly you'd rank him. Above other players perceived to be better than him? Such as ____________?

And what do you see his final numbers looking like?

P.S. It's not like I said he was garbage. I think he's just a guy. And Holmes is more talented.
Holmes is talent, but inconsistent. Even last year he only caught 48% of his passes. He's been cut by the Vikings, Cowboys (after a lot of hype for Anthony Armstrong mid-season) and the Patriots. Maybe it will finally click for him this year but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Clicking.

the team definitely looks more fired up under sparano

and this ......OAKLAND -- The San Diego Chargers' team bus was egged by fans at O.co Stadium as it arrived at the facility to drop off players for Sunday's game against the Raiders.

Chargers general manager Tom Telesco was on the bus, along with a group of San Diego players.

According to a team spokesperson, players were surprised by the incident, but otherwise laughed it off.

and this ......OAKLAND -- The San Diego Chargers' team bus was egged by fans at O.co Stadium as it arrived at the facility to drop off players for Sunday's game against the Raiders.

Chargers general manager Tom Telesco was on the bus, along with a group of San Diego players.

According to a team spokesperson, players were surprised by the incident, but otherwise laughed it off.
PHOTO: Chargers team bus gets egged by Raiders fans in Oakland

PHOTO: Chargers team bus gets egged by Raiders fans in Oakland
was it like 1 egg? lol....years ago it would have been rocks and not eggs

Fantasy-wise, FBG has Streater ranked slightly ahead of Holmes. I'm not seeing it. Rod is a nice, reliable target but there's nothing really noteworthy about him I think Holmes has the chance to be special. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Streater - the most under-rated WR in the NFL...even by their own fans!
He's underrated? I'd be curious to hear how highly you'd rank him. Above other players perceived to be better than him? Such as ____________?

And what do you see his final numbers looking like?

P.S. It's not like I said he was garbage. I think he's just a guy. And Holmes is more talented.
Holmes is talent, but inconsistent. Even last year he only caught 48% of his passes. He's been cut by the Vikings, Cowboys (after a lot of hype for Anthony Armstrong mid-season) and the Patriots. Maybe it will finally click for him this year but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Clicking.
:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread