What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

156 heading into tonight with Hunter, Wheaton, and Miller left to play. Current flex scoring they could possibly replace is 8.2 and 11.9. Not overly optimistic about that though.

I should make it this week... but I have a question: Has anyone won in the past with high dollar dead weight on their roster? Having Ball on my roster is discouraging to the point I feel I have no shot.
I don't know the answer to that but remember larger rosters tend to carry "dead money" every week.

Your chances may hinge on how unique the rest of your roster is.

-QG

Good news: Miller is now in the black for me at the end of 1st quarter. Bad news: a Hunter/Washington/Shonn have 0 combined and I'm down by 30.55.

mphtrilogy said:
im gonna need a big night from a brown to survive another week
Me too but that would probably raise it past me anyway. Oh well pretty good team that couldn't hang.

My team was out about 4-5 weeks back, but I was wondering how I have done compared to the cut line. Is there a way to see my scores for all weeks since I lost?

We have a Nate Washington sighting. Still 22.25 behind the cut line, but now I have Ben, Miller, and Washington in the black. I have a chance. Not a good one, but a chance nonetheless.

Going to be a close one for me. At 156.15, which is currently 0.75 points above the cut, with whatever Antonio Brown can give me in the quarter.

Sitting at 0.1 points above the cut line with Brown and the Steelers defense going. Would really stink to get knocked out after doing so well thus far (#12 overall), so hopefully some more passes go to Brown and get me a bit of a cushion.

Not only did the Brown TD not put me over the top but it cost me $300 in DFS... Rough night :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Just barely survived on the Brown td. But with Bradshaw's injury, I'm down to two RBs (Forte and Ingram, but still). Very glad to survive another week.

I'm the kind of guy that likes to live life on the edge. If the scoring holds, I will have made it through in back-to-back weeks by 1 point. #sweating bullets

Started at exactly #1000, dropped to #1060, but A. Brown saved me and I am sure many others, finishing at #936. Made it by only 1.6. Amazing how many teams were so close to the cutoff number.

Can't wait to see how many Rice owners like me made it to the top 1000. And can't imagine surviving another cut.

Made it through for another week. Hopefully Foster returns for next week or I'll most likely be going home.

Finished in 708th for the week and I believe I'm still outside of the Top 500 for the season but I'm alive. Believe this now officially the furthest I've gotten in this contest. Not holding my breath that I'll survive these final two cuts to make the Subscriber Contest playoffs... BUT stranger things have happened.

Hoping for a big week from Cutler against the Bucs (but not TOO big because the Bucs are my only active defense). That may be something to pay attention to in future seasons. Not just balancing bye weeks but calibrating them as well. Next week isn't bye heavy for me but trotting out my only active defensive unit against my only active QB (well, okay... I've also got Bortles at the Colts) is just a needless hemorrhage of points in a crucial situation. Also, hoping for Fasano to stay hurt on the short week to allow Kelce to go nuts against the Raiders.

We lost our 13th overall team this week (105899). Was done in by the Murray-Steve Smith bye week along with the under-achieving Saints (Brees-Graham tandem) and Panthers D/ST. Lacy was his sole bright spot along with the mega-owned Benjamin and Brown.

Though I don't see where Cameron's out for the year. I read on another site that they are hoping he returns for week 12.

-QG

Still alive but with Cameron likely out for the year, the one guy that can put up huge numbers and make me unique is gone.
Wow I didn't realize Cameron's ownership had gotten quite that low.

Don't know what your combo is but I nerded out and figured out the update numbers for each combo of my guys:

Cameron-Ertz-Amaro-Rivera 1 (just me)

Cameron-Ertz-Amaro 1

Cameron-Ertz-Rivera 2

Cameron-Amaro-Rivera 1

Ertz-Amaro-Rivera 2

Cameron-Ertz 4

Cameron-Amaro 2

Cameron-Rivera 3

Ertz-Amaro 18

Ertz-Rivera 19

Amaro-Rivera 5

Find it kinda interesting that there were so many that comboed those cheapest guys with Ertz, at least that have survived in such numbers :)

-QG

18 of the remaining 22 A.J. Green owners have survived. I'm relieved to say (as a Green owner) that the one that I considered the most dangerous of these (the only one that had both A.J. Green and Calvin Johnson) has been eliminated - the Dez/Demarco bye week was too much to overcome for him.

14 of those 18 have Benjamin as well

12 of those 18 have Lacy as well

3 of those 18 have Luck as well

1 of those 18 has Maclin as well :bowtie:

-QG

...Had Rodgers and bortles but week 9 was scary. Went with the cheaper qbbc of i think a high floor rivers, though losing wiz might hurt, and high ceiling cam.

I think my strategy of combining high floor studs with upside guys at each position is solid, but getting the right players is key. My base starting lineup of rivers, Lacy, lynch, dez, fitz, Graham and probably Jennings and Ertz should keep me in for a while. Hope some of the other guys will step up. No real bye week issues.

Always had Graham, kelce and ertz at TE, dez, Jennings, hunter and Benjamin at receiver. These should be popular picks. Wasn't going to go three kickers and D, but had the money to do so after getting the guys i wanted.
Should have stuck with Rodgers and Bortles. :bye:

Good luck to those remaining!

Made the cut by 2. Greg Zuerlein's 21.50 really made the difference.

Losing Montee Ball again really hurts though, was hoping he would be a contributor when he came back.

I lose Big Ben, Kelvin Benjamin, Markus Wheaton, and the Pittsburgh D this week. But from reading this thread, that is better than a lot of others. Hoping Peyton rebounds this week, and TY Hilton does too.

...Had Rodgers and bortles but week 9 was scary. Went with the cheaper qbbc of i think a high floor rivers, though losing wiz might hurt, and high ceiling cam.

I think my strategy of combining high floor studs with upside guys at each position is solid, but getting the right players is key. My base starting lineup of rivers, Lacy, lynch, dez, fitz, Graham and probably Jennings and Ertz should keep me in for a while. Hope some of the other guys will step up. No real bye week issues.

Always had Graham, kelce and ertz at TE, dez, Jennings, hunter and Benjamin at receiver. These should be popular picks. Wasn't going to go three kickers and D, but had the money to do so after getting the guys i wanted.
Should have stuck with Rodgers and Bortles. :bye:

Good luck to those remaining!
The best bet in this format is taking a stud QB, and then a good value vet who can put up huge games. It's why I stay away from rookies or average NFL starters, no matter how cheap. This year, there were a ton of good values for vet QB's. I chose Roethlesberger to back up Peyton. I used to take 3 qbs, but you really only need 1 stud. The year I made the finals, I had Matt Schaub and Matt Ryan, and Schaub got hurt and lost for the year mid season.

It's running backs I have still not figured out. I almost think the way to go is one stud, 3 time share backs with talent, then 3 2-5 dollar talented backs that are blocked.

Everything matched up with the FBG results this morning, so no changes. The site's been updated through week 11.

RIP 12 kicker guy. Congrats to all those who are still alive!

Users who are viewing this thread