What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

Appears none of the Bills or Jets players are being counted on Iggy's site... It says I am ahead of the cut line by 2.05 pts, but i don't trust that now. Will need to wait until the morning and see what the FBG site says...

Fell 2 points short despite Graham's big night. It would have helped if one of NYJ or NO Def's got more than 3 points. Had to real chance to win it anyway.

:no:

Just a perfect ball of awful for me tonight. The Brees TD cost me a key fantasy game in my league and now I come hear thinking I made it by 1.05 and reading the news about the Jets and Bills game apparently having no stats in the Igomatic. I think I am toast :(

-QG

Over the cut by 1.55, so I guess I'm out after Jets/Bills gets factored in. I'd rather be knocked out early like the last 2 years than in the last 2 weeks of the season. Brutal.

Scores and ownership stats for Bills/Jets:

Fred Jackson 15.7% - 13.5 points

Jets Defense 13.7% - 1.0 point

Bills Defense 8.7% - 15.0 points

Amaro 7.7% - 0.0 points

Geno 6.2% - 4.85 points

Folk 3.5% - 3.0 points

Decker 3.4% - 10.3 points

Kerley 2.8% - 11.6 points

Chris Johnson - 2.0% - 9.2 points

Bryce Brown - 1.7% - 2.0 points

Harvin - 1.7% - 1.2 points

Ivory - 1.5% - 6.8 points

Carpenter - 1.5% - 10.3 points

Spiller - 1.2% - 0.0 points

Watkins - 1.0% - 6.5 points

Cumberland - 0.8% - 2.0 points

Vick - 0.8% - 3.2 points

Manuel - 0.7% - 0.0 points

Woods - 0.4% - 26.8 points

Nelson 0.3% - 0.0 points

Powell 0.3% - 0.0 points

-QG

Yeah I went through the Igomatic and looked up a bunch of entries. I found at least 20 that will pass my 162.75 so I'm cooked :cry:

Really thought this would be the year that I at least cashed. :kicksrock:

-QG

Igomatic says I have 173.5 and I'll get another 2.5 when Kerley's score shows up, so it looks like Graham's last TD was enough to get me by. 2 last-gasp TDs from Graham and Dez in the late games is cutting it too close, but I'll take it.

Sorry guys, I wasn't paying attention last night. Obviously something got borked with the schedule change for the NYJ-BUF game, and I apologize for not having all the stats updating on this important week. Everything's updated now through the end of week 12.

This was obviously a unique situation so I don't anticipate any issues going forward, but I'll make sure I'm keeping an eye on things this weekend to make sure everything's running smoothly for the final cut week.

Sorry guys, I wasn't paying attention last night. Obviously something got borked with the schedule change for the NYJ-BUF game, and I apologize for not having all the stats updating on this important week. Everything's updated now through the end of week 12.

This was obviously a unique situation so I don't anticipate any issues going forward, but I'll make sure I'm keeping an eye on things this weekend to make sure everything's running smoothly for the final cut week.
Whew! Through as #411, 5.40 points above the cut line.

Cole Freaking Beasley comes through with 14.60 points! :tebow:

Whew! Through as #411, 5.40 points above the cut line.

Cole Freaking Beasley comes through with 14.60 points! :tebow:
Only team left alive with

Ben Roethlisberger, Eddie Lacy, Alfred Morris, Antonio Brown, Anquan Boldin, Kelvin Benjamin, and Travis Kelce

Take me home, boys!

I'm sitting here lamenting the fact* that if I hadn't been eliminated in week 8, I'd still be alive. There are 1,377 other entries who can say the same right now (they missed the cut one week, but otherwise would have made the cut every other week). And of course we'll be adding another 250 to that total after this week.

* - Of course, this isn't really a fact, because whatever I would've needed to happen to keep me alive in week 8 would have also impacted all the other teams that week, and every week since then, so it's really kind of meaningless to say I'd still be alive because there's no way to know that. But it's still fun frustrating to play the "what if?" game. :)

I'm sitting here lamenting the fact* that if I hadn't been eliminated in week 8, I'd still be alive. There are 1,377 other entries who can say the same right now (they missed the cut one week, but otherwise would have made the cut every other week). And of course we'll be adding another 250 to that total after this week.

* - Of course, this isn't really a fact, because whatever I would've needed to happen to keep me alive in week 8 would have also impacted all the other teams that week, and every week since then, so it's really kind of meaningless to say I'd still be alive because there's no way to know that. But it's still fun frustrating to play the "what if?" game. :)
Right there with you, but in my case I knew the 1600==>1000 week (when I was eliminated) was my big risk week based on roster construction. If that risk had been spread around, my risk of being eliminated other weeks would have increased so it's really tough for me to say "what if". The week before I was literally the last guy through, so in many respects I was just fortunate to get that extra week of competition.

So 2 or 3 yrs ago I finished somewhere in the 60's with a free 3 yr subscription.. I'm surprised I'm still alive and was 11th this week. wish I could do this well in fanduel.

Somehow there are still 32 of us alive with Ray Rice. Oh for that $18...

42 with AP, myself not included. Pretty impressive.

#209 this week. Let's hope that holds up next week.

#99... highest finish so far this year. Getting Rudolph back helps, but still lost AP.

Only person left with:

Lacy

Brown

Dez

Demaryious

Torrey Smith

Only 26 have the Dem/Dez combo which surprises me a little bit.

Out by a little. No tight end cost me. Just needed 1 to play. Wide receivers didn't do much either.

D. Allen- Out

C. Clay- Out

G. Olsen- Bye

Post season contest will be along soon enough

Last edited by a moderator:
393, made it by 7 purnts.

Thanks for the beast performances by Brees (TD's), Graham, Tucker and Baltimore D (Brees INT TD) last night.

Get Bell, Olsen and Benjamin back this week. Still feel good about my chances with Brees, Bell, Ingram, Dez, Demaryius, Benjamin, Graham and Olsen.

Survived another week thanks to Graham and Tucker. But after really doing well through nine weeks, I haven't been over 170 the last three weeks, so I'm not too encouraged. Still, I'm happy to still be alive and hoping that I make the top 250 this week to make it through another week.

This is the first year I have been a subscriber, so the first year I have been in the contest. Thrilled I am still alive, barely. Went to bed last night all bummed out, sure I had been eliminated, and was ecstatic to see I was still in it this morning.

Been very pleased with the draft cheat sheets and rankings from this site and am already planning on subscribing again next year. Formulating a strategy for next years contest...particularly the RBs!

Im out. Longest Ive been in! Great contest, especially on the weeks my league teams didnt do good. Special thanks to Ignoratio.

I am surprised there are so few Peyton Manning owners left. I still love my wide receivers, and Rudolph coming back helps my tight ends, but my running backs are really bad. Montee Ball crushed me. It is basically Eddie Lacy and Mark Ingram and hoping Benny Cunningham vultures a td.

Crushing myself now. If I had stuck to the Graham plan instead of falling in love with Cameron, I could have had Graham instead of Cameron + Ertz with $5 leftover and still be in it.

Now it's probably I'd have dumped either Amaro or Rivera (and gone with an $8 in that spot with Kelce - probably would've been Graham/Kelce/Amaro tbh). So let me do some quick match putting in Kelce over Rivera...well dang :(

Hate that there's a realistic option I could've done that would've saved me. Though I'm sure I would've been reluctant to roll out just Amaro for that week 6 by himself, so there's that. Maybe it wasn't so realistic after all. Woulda coulda shoulda. :kicksrock:

Ugh, but Dwayne Allen WOULD have been a realistic $8 option. If I roll Graham/Allen/Amaro I'm still in it. Plausible that I would have.

What's awesome and awful about the contest all roll into one.

Good luck to those who are left!

-QG

Fantasy Man said:
The Steelers bye crushed him. Benjamin a non issue for him since 80+% ownership.

apalmer said:
:no: Benjaming being out hurt him a lot actually. He ended up using a guy with a 4.9. Benjamin would have probably replaced that score. And would've replaced (or not) a much higher score for other teams. Probably did make a difference.

I was another victim of the Steelers Defense bye as KC and Minnesota did not get it done.

-QG

Only 7 Jordan Cameron owners left. If he does come back and coverages roll to Gordon, Cameron could be huge these last few weeks. Hoping!

Huh. I follow this thread still even though I think Week Six was my demise. Sad to see some of the regular commenters eliminated. Major thanks to IE for doing the scoring. I love seeing how bad my team was all along, even in the weeks after I was eliminated. :lol:

jdkapow did some great work with his summaries, too. Very cool.

Somehow there are still 32 of us alive with Ray Rice. Oh for that $18...

42 with AP, myself not included. Pretty impressive.

#209 this week. Let's hope that holds up next week.
Down to 2 of us left with both. Started with 329 teams. Just as relevant to me actually getting anywhere- only 6 of the 788 teams with both romo/dez combo are left. If they blow up ROS that could be nice.

Iggy - is there a way to do a "what if" team after the fact? I went with a lot of low-mid priced players (30-man roster), but I'm curious how something stud-heavy like this would have performed:

QB: Luck/Rodgers

RB: Lacy/Murray/Ingram/Bradshaw

WR: Demaryiouious/Boldin/Hunter/Benjamin/Sanu

TE: Graham/Gronk/Rivera

PK: Suisham/Walsh/Zuerlein

TD: Dolphins/Titans/Colts

(Bolded are guys I picked anyway)

I got whacked this week by 15 pts. Been week at RB all year and it finally did me in. Went with Rice, Bush/Bell, Ingram, Stewart. All that production Forsett rolled up last night should have been Rice. I bought in on the FBG projections having Bush/Bell as the best value plays at RB. Amazingly enough Bell did worse once Bush was out. Also went three QBs this year even though I know it's a losing strategy due to the huge value. What I ended up with was extra value on the bench.

GL to the regulars who remain.

Anyone else still alive but haven't hit 200 yet? I have a decent chance of advancing, I guess, but pretty sure I don't have the juice to make any real cash.

Users who are viewing this thread