What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Rookie RB Class, Who's the BEST? (1 Viewer)

Just made a deal for a Top 3 pick in 2015. Any rankings list of the projected players, Seniors and Juniors, in 2015 anywhere?

Who is everyones #1 overall fantasy pick for next year at this point?
There are probably quite a few posts on that topic already.

You might find this link helpful:

http://ffoasis.com/devy/rankings/2015/BigBoard.php

IMO the devy community is a bit of an echo chamber and the groupthink within it leads to certain clusters of players becoming overrated while others become underrated, but the link will give you an idea of what you might expect from a typical devy draft.
Interesting list. There's just a tonne of value to be had in late round RBs in devy drafts right now imo.

Byron Marshall looks the most overrated to me. He's fast but he's not very shifty at all, especially for such a small and skinny back. He'll be a nobody in the NFL imo, he'd be on my do-not-draft list for devy drafts, let alone a top 10 pick.

After him, Melvin Gordon strikes me as a guy who's very overrated right now, by this time next year I think there'll be a consensus that there's a bunch of other RBs who are in his tier as a prospect, if not higher than him.

One of those RBs I think fits into that category is Javorius Allen; he's ~6'0 215lbs, plays for national powerhouse USC, and he put up these numbers over the final 6 game stretch of the season against PAC-10 teams:

106 carries, 648 rushing yards (6.11 YPC), 12 rushing TDs, 19 receptions, 243 receiving yards (12.8 YPR), 1 receiving TD.

Frankly I don't get why he's so underrated right now. He's bigger, shiftier, and perhaps just as fast as Melvin Gordon, yet he doesn't even make that list of 25 prospects. Imo he's in the same tier as Melvin Gordon right now if not higher.
This is from a different thread, but wanted to bring the discussion here.....

Allen goes down way too easily on ankle tackles compared to Gordon. He's #37 in this vid:

When you put Javorius Allen on Melvin Gordon's level I expect something that sounds more confident than a player "who could put up very nice fantasy numbers".

I think Allen is closer to Charles Sims in talent (and age).

I watched Javorious Allen against Boston College and found him unimpressive. He had a bunch of opportunities in space where he was one-on-one against a single defender, and he rarely did anything with them. His big plays almost all happened when he had blocking downfield and went untouched.

That's the only game of his that I've watched so far while working on my Hard to Tackle ratings for the 2015 RB class, which means the sample size isn't large enough for the numbers to be very reliable, but his numbers for that game were not good.

Just made a deal for a Top 3 pick in 2015. Any rankings list of the projected players, Seniors and Juniors, in 2015 anywhere?

Who is everyones #1 overall fantasy pick for next year at this point?
There are probably quite a few posts on that topic already.

You might find this link helpful:

http://ffoasis.com/devy/rankings/2015/BigBoard.php

IMO the devy community is a bit of an echo chamber and the groupthink within it leads to certain clusters of players becoming overrated while others become underrated, but the link will give you an idea of what you might expect from a typical devy draft.
Interesting list. There's just a tonne of value to be had in late round RBs in devy drafts right now imo.

Byron Marshall looks the most overrated to me. He's fast but he's not very shifty at all, especially for such a small and skinny back. He'll be a nobody in the NFL imo, he'd be on my do-not-draft list for devy drafts, let alone a top 10 pick.

After him, Melvin Gordon strikes me as a guy who's very overrated right now, by this time next year I think there'll be a consensus that there's a bunch of other RBs who are in his tier as a prospect, if not higher than him.

One of those RBs I think fits into that category is Javorius Allen; he's ~6'0 215lbs, plays for national powerhouse USC, and he put up these numbers over the final 6 game stretch of the season against PAC-10 teams:

106 carries, 648 rushing yards (6.11 YPC), 12 rushing TDs, 19 receptions, 243 receiving yards (12.8 YPR), 1 receiving TD.

Frankly I don't get why he's so underrated right now. He's bigger, shiftier, and perhaps just as fast as Melvin Gordon, yet he doesn't even make that list of 25 prospects. Imo he's in the same tier as Melvin Gordon right now if not higher.
This is from a different thread, but wanted to bring the discussion here.....

Allen goes down way too easily on ankle tackles compared to Gordon. He's #37 in this vid:

Well for starters, I try not to speak in certainties. So my "who could put up very nice fantasy numbers" might be someone else's "He's gonna be unstoppable!!" or something i don't know. But I don't think like that so I don't write like that.

Secondly, I don't think Gordon is gonna put up great fantasy numbers in the NFL, so I'd put him in the "could put up very nice fantasy numbers" kind of tier.

Last edited by a moderator:
What/Who has changed in your ranking or draft board, rise or fall?

ETA: Give a little insight in why that player has risen or fallen IYO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostert with the Eagles went nuts with 361 yards on the preseason combined, might want to keep him on these lists. Also Marcus Murphy has really impressed with the Saints, he and Spiller might be the new Pierre & Sproles combo.

Lot's of sleepers in the 2015 draft class who have the potential to blow up as prospects. Seems like there's so many guys who have workhorse size in 2015 relative to past years; more excited about this RB class than any in a while.

Guys like Terrence Magee, Javorius Allen, Tevin Coleman, Shock Linwood, Paul James, and Dwayne Washington are a few names that I don't think have been mentioned that can be added to the names already listed in here who have 1st/2nd round upside imo.
I just want to point out that the Ravens brought back Magee. I think he fits in really well with what they do, a name to keep an eye on IMO. I always thought he was pro-ready at LSU and that he would be perfect for a team like the Ravens, and that's exactly where he landed.

Users who are viewing this thread