What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 NBA Draft - The place where Kings' fans dreams are crushed. (1 Viewer)

Frostillicus said:
I like the Brogdon pick.  Good chance he can stick in a rotation.  Also a good chance he's too slow to stick in a rotation.  #2ndroundpick
like this pick, too. feels like a basketball player rather than a freak athlete they can hopefully teach to play basketball. 

of course that means he probably fares better on a veteran roster where he gets to better develop his awareness and intangibles vs. playing for the ####### Bucks who will deal him, Henson and Parker for 3 future 2nd round picks, a 39 year old backup SF that they waive and $200k next season.

Spartans Rule said:
What's the book on this guy?

SOD? Good enough to beat out Jodie Meeks and Reggie Bullock for a backup spot on the wing? Future star for the Grand Rapids Drive?
watched a few Syracuse games and always came away thinking "he's a prima donna".  like he has to be completely wide open to shoot. hates being touched. shrinks if he gets annoyed by physical play.

SWC said:
well i guess milwaukee better hope that the tron master is a young 45 and that everything deep fried and on a stick up here and a sixer of blatz every day will help him put some weight on and i for one am up for that challenge vote swc for tron master personal fat assistant take that to the bank bromigos 
Have I missed Thon Maker's new nickname from the old SWCer?

I wonder when he realistically can come over. 
Depends on his contract i guess. 

If that tape is the standard and not just highlights, he'd be a useful athlete on the wing right now on both sides of the court. 

When is the foreigner from last season ready?

I am interested to see what moves they may still make. I'd like to go to some games this year and not puke from disgust. 

Depends on his contract i guess. 

If that tape is the standard and not just highlights, he'd be a useful athlete on the wing right now on both sides of the court. 

When is the foreigner from last season ready?

I am interested to see what moves they may still make. I'd like to go to some games this year and not puke from disgust. 
It seems like his contract details are unknown to the public, but the impression is that he can come over right away.  

If you had asked me last week whether the Sixers held the rights to Furkan Korkmaz, I would have sworn that they already did.

Magic own the Sixers first rd pick next year if it falls between 12-30.

:mellow:
I was going to say it might happen, because I thought 30 wins might get them there for some reason, but looking at this year's draft, Utah had the 12th pick with 40 wins, so, um, yeah.  Score another one for Hinkie?

WE HAVE ENTERED THE FURKAN KORKMAZ ERA

FURKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! KORKMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ!!

FUR! KAN! KORK! MAZ!

FURKMANKORKMAZ!!!

1. Very surprised Barber wasn't drafted.

2. Very surprised Paige was drafted, especially given #1.

I don't get how PG is their only conceivable need in the draft when they need wing shooting. And failing to find a PG, they take a guy where they least need help, at what appears to be a reach.
Totally. But the top 3 guards who could help them right now were off the board (and really the top 6 players in a 6 player draft, IMO) and in the quote, and Divac was articulating the reasonable principal that he should trade down rather than reach for a guy they didn't really like at 8. Now, obviously they reached at 13 anyway in a move that deserves separate criticism, but they got a semi decent return in the process (including one of the better guard prospects in Europe).

I'm a Milwaukee native and longtime Bay Area resident so I'm really perplexed by the Bucks draft-and-sell of Patrick McCaw of UNLV.  He was the third of Milwaukee's picks last night at 38 but was immediately moved to the Warriors.

Now $2.4M is a nice chunk of change but it won't win any games.  The Bucks have 10 players under contract plus the rookies and plenty of cap space.  McCaw seems like he fits their model of long, rangy guys who can defend. 

He's probably D-League material this year anyway and a long shot at best to have a NBA career.  But second rounders are lottery tickets and passing one off before you've scratched it seems unwise for a team that needs to accumulate talent.

Spartans Rule said:
What's the book on this guy?

SOD? Good enough to beat out Jodie Meeks and Reggie Bullock for a backup spot on the wing? Future star for the Grand Rapids Drive?
I think he's better than Meeks or Bullock. Downside is obviously that he's already 24, so what you see is what you get. I don't agree with furley about the contact thing, but he does have sort of a slow release. Good shooter when open, can create some space when on smaller guards but will struggle to create against NBA guys his size, can play some point but probably more of a 2, obviously great size if he's playing the 1, probably around average size for a 2 (6'7" but shortish arms), very unselfish, always hard to gauge man-to-man defense in the zone but he's solidly athletic with good instincts, one of if not the most improved player I've ever seen at Syracuse.

2nd round picks are in general much more bust than boom, I think if his D is up to par he could stick around for a long time but hard to tell. Could be a great leader for the Grand Rapids Drive.

I'm a Milwaukee native and longtime Bay Area resident so I'm really perplexed by the Bucks draft-and-sell of Patrick McCaw of UNLV.  He was the third of Milwaukee's picks last night at 38 but was immediately moved to the Warriors.

Now $2.4M is a nice chunk of change but it won't win any games.  The Bucks have 10 players under contract plus the rookies and plenty of cap space.  McCaw seems like he fits their model of long, rangy guys who can defend. 

He's probably D-League material this year anyway and a long shot at best to have a NBA career.  But second rounders are lottery tickets and passing one off before you've scratched it seems unwise for a team that needs to accumulate talent.
Interesting thing is the Warriors have already signed him to a 2 year guaranteed contract, making him the 1st signed draftee this year.

Also interesting in that the dubs drafted Damian Jones with the 30th pick which was the same pick for Ezeli in 2012.

Jones also succeeded Ezeli at Vandy (OK there was an open year between) and now maybe doing the same again.

Coincidence?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also interesting in that the dubs drafted Damian Jones with the 30th pick which was the same pick for Ezeli in 2012.

Jones also succeeded Ezeli at Vandy (OK there was an open year between) and now maybe doing the same again.

Coincidence?
I hope so. 

I will say, with salaries set to skyrocket, it makes sense if you can get a couple of competent rotation guys through the draft. Even if they end up on the end of the bench, they're going to cost around the vet's minimum.

Deyonta Davis: 3 yrs. $4 million guaranteed. Richest guarantee for American second-round pick. Glad it worked out for him.  His agent deserves a huge bonus pulling that off.  Glad he can take care of his family like he wanted.

DD

Users who are viewing this thread