What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 College Football Thread: Hawaiian QB devastated to find out Jesus was "kinda rooting for Georgia" (1 Viewer)

Imagine thinking it would be a good thing if college turned into pro ball with players just playing for a paycheck.
I totally think they all should be paid. Lots. 

Edit: wait you don't? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mullen no doubt the 2nd best coach in the SEC.
 Been a long 9 years trying to convince people he's a pretty darn good coach.  Had my doubts along the way, but we're 100% behind him now.

Future looks really bright too.  OM has their woes that will likely set them back 5 years.  A&M, Ark, Auburn likely to go thru coaching changes the next 2 years.  Wouldn't shock me to see something happen to Ogeron by the end of the year.  The only way Luke stays at OM is if they simply can't find a decent option after sanctions hit.

If that sob over in Tuscaloosa will just retire I'd be feeling really damn good.

Plus it's amazing what a competent DC and a good kicker will do.  

At UGA next week... I see no reason we can't win that one. 

Damn Texas
I understand Ehlimger is "listed" @ 230 which seems a bit far fetched but man... give it to an exp tailback there who's used to guys trying to force the rip ... 

it was a quick play when he got held up so hindsight 20/20

never one to say a team "deserved" to win but DAMN .... SO CLOSE ... but close doesn't count . Proud of Texas but end of day you can't turn the ball over a ton and expect to win.  

Side noe but for my $$!$t Gus Johnson is by FAR THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS ... I'd listen to that guy ALL DAY 

Couple of good late games on. SD State driving to try to take the lead back on Stanford. Cal and Ole Miss in a one-point battle.

I just want to say again how stupid it is that the Big 12 has a championship game and that OU and OSU are going to have to play twice.

I just want to say again how stupid it is that the Big 12 has a championship game and that OU and OSU are going to have to play twice.
To be fair... if I were an OU fan like yourself ... I'd feel pretty good about it  :shrug:

also that whole Ohio State front was supposed to be ELITE ..An Y'all killed them .. OSU has nothing close 

plus if tou

lose

look at OHIO State,... Penn state win championships game An OSU got into the playoffs ? 

To be fair... if I were an OU fan like yourself ... I'd feel pretty good about it  :shrug:

also that whole Ohio State front was supposed to be SLITE.. An Y'all killed them .. OSU has nothing close 
I think the real OSU is a much much better team than Ohio State this year. Ohio State has nothing close to Okie State on offense. OU has to go to Stillwater too - I'd expect OSU to be favored in that game. I'm thinking if they split the team that wins the second match-up will be better off, so hopefully that's how it plays out. I'd just hate to see either of them not in the playoff because of a stupid extra game that shouldn't exist. 

And I realize I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but I really don't think either Oklahoma school will lose to anyone else in the Big 12. Iowa State and WVU are the 3rd/4th best teams in the conference this year. 

And I realize I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but I really don't think either Oklahoma school will lose to anyone else in the Big 12. Iowa State and WVU are the 3rd/4th best teams in the conference this year. 
Lol well after what TEXAS did tonight ... I wanna believe they show up and compete . Won't be easy 

You seem pretty frustrated about having to participate in modern college football Moe.
I'm not following you. There is no reason that a ten-team league that plays a round-robin schedule should have a championship game. It's idiotic. 

It was a complete overreaction to the whole TCU-Baylor deal from a few years ago. It's just as likely to hurt the conference's chances of getting a team into the playoff as it is to help it. 

I'm not following you. There is no reason that a ten-team league that plays a round-robin schedule should have a championship game. It's idiotic. 

It was a complete overreaction to the whole TCU-Baylor deal from a few years ago. It's just as likely to hurt the conference's chances of getting a team into the playoff as it is to help it. 
I can definitely think of a reason.

I totally think they all should be paid. Lots. 

Edit: wait you don't? 
I don't have a problem with some kind of additional reasonable stipend in the scholarship to offset that they don't allow players to have part time jobs. Which I don't consider "getting paid".

Do I want to see college football turned into a professional league where the size of the salary offered by each college determines who goes where, and the players are employees rather than required to be students? No, not at all.  That would just eventually turn college football into what the NFL is.

No, OU switched the wishbone after Jerome Brown broke Aikman's ankle.  He had almost 100 yards rushing as the OU QB.  He was not recruited to be nor did he play wishbone QB.
OK, your knowledge is superior to my recollection. (That wasn't meant to be sarcastic; thanks for the info.) 

Users who are viewing this thread