What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

I am locked in, I think

QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/8 - $13
QB - Patrick Mahomes II - KC/12 - $11
QB - Jameis Winston - TB/5 - $10

Went with Rivers as my stud, and 2 guys who I think might have low ownership, but high upside.

RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/4 - $26
RB - Kenyan Drake - MIA/11 - $21
RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16
RB - Jamaal Williams - GB/7 - $15
RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $4
RB - Jeremy Hill - NE/11 - $3

I think McCaffrey, Freeman, and Conner are chalk. Hoping Drake and Williams come through for me. I also have a feeling Hill is going to have a year like Blount did a few years ago because I don't trust Burkhead to stay healthy. Maybe not 18 touchdowns, but 800 yards and 10 touchdowns.

WR - Marquise Goodwin - SF/11 - $13
WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA/7 - $9
WR - Keelan Cole - JAX/9 - $7
WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/8 - $6
WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6
WR - John Brown - BAL/10 - $6
WR - Geronimo Allison - GB/7 - $6
WR - John Ross - CIN/9 - $5
WR - Taywan Taylor - TEN/8 - $4
WR - Phillip Dorsett - NE/11 - $2

I went volume here. My strengths of my team are tight end and especially running back. So I went with a lot of guys hoping 2 of them give me decent numbers each week. I think the problem I might run into is all these guys are the chalk value picks.

TE - Jordan Reed - WAS/4 - $16
TE - Trey Burton - CHI/5 - $14
TE - George Kittle - SF/11 - $12
TE - Nick Vannett - SEA/7 - $3

I think this is the year Reed stays healthy and can see him pushing for tight end number 1 overall. Burton is chalk, I like Kittle more now that McKinnon is hurt. I think he becomes Garoppolo's safety net. Vannett is a cheap starting dart throw

PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/9 - $3
PK - Dustin Hopkins - WAS/4 - $3
PK - Kaimi Fairbairn - HOU/10 - $2

I just went cheap with different bye weeks

TD - Baltimore Ravens - BAL/10 - $7
TD - Chicago Bears - CHI/5 - $5
TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/11 - $2

I really like the Ravens defense, I liked the Bears before the Mack move. Wish they made it later because it is the chalk play, Browns are just cheap and could be good.
Last minute I switched out Jamaal Williams for Corey Clement and Jordan Wilkens. Thinking Ajayi is going to miss time later in the year and I like taking a cheap flier on Wilkens. 

Last minute over thought this and dropped from Antonio to Hopkins. Upgraded lambo to Butker, falcons to bears. Doubt it matters much. 

ETA: I was going to upgrade the k and d anyway so really my last move was to trade Antonio for Hopkins and Shaheen. 

What was your last move? Not the thousands of iterations but true last decision?
Philip Rivers and Jimmy G -> Big Ben and Alex Smith -> Aaron Rodgers. Andy Dalton stayed as #3/#2 QB in all. Minor adjustments to defenses and kickers to make up for extra $2. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Philip Rivers $13

Patrick Mahomes II $11

Jameis Winston $10

Eli Manning $7

Leonard Fournette $29 

Jordan Howard $25

Royce Freeman $16 

Aaron Jones $9

James Conner $4 

Marquise Goodwin $13

Kenny Stills $11

Tyler Lockett $9

Keelan Cole $7

Michael Gallup $6

Chris Godwin $6

John Brown $6

Geronimo Allison $

John Ross $5

Jaron Brown $3

Phillip Dorsett $2

Kyle Rudolph $16

Ricky Seals-Jones $7

Mike Gesicki $6 

Nick Vannett $3

Josh Lambo $3

Caleb Sturgis $3

Dustin Hopkins $3

Chicago Bears $5

Arizona Cardinals $4

Cleveland Browns $2

Thank god I don’t have to obsess over it anymore. We’ll see what happens. Not super happy with it after all that time, lol. Good luck all. 

Some quick ownership stats on some heavily owned players.

15115 Total Teams

Keelan Cole: 5514 teams

Royce Freeman: 5303 teams

Marquis Goodwin: 5547 teams

Christian McCaffrey: 4293 teams

James Conner: 5417 teams

Peyton Barber: 6216 teams

Patrick Mahomes: 4243 teams

Wow, over 15k entries.  Think that's a record. 
May not bode well for the "load up on early byes" and the "taking suspended players won't hurt me because they'll be back before I need them" lines of thinking.  Assuming the extra entries have some value, instead of surviving until Week 3 or 4, the garbage entries might all be cut in Week 1 and/or 2. A good team with an intentionally low early scores might pay the price.

15115 Total Teams

Interesting. I'd have thought Conner would be the most widely owned. But all of those guys had been on my roster for most iterations. McCaffery was dropped yesterday for Fournette.

15115 Total Teams

I've got 5 of the 7 with the exception of Barber and Mahomes. Had Barber forthe longest time until I swapped him out for Conne and upgraded elseware. Never considered Mahomes.

15115 Total Teams

I have all but Mahomes.  I went Ben, Rivers, and Eli

• QBs (2 for $33) - 100 teams with combo

Aaron Rodgers (7) - 734 teams
  • Andy Dalton (9) - 2962 teams

Changed my QB strategy last minute, partly as a contrarian play, partly due to the passing TDs scoring change. Most of my rosters had some scoring combination of Jimmy G, Alex Smith, or Big Ben. I figured Rodgers gives me the highest ceiling among all QBs and he was gonna have lower ownership numbers as most are going with the cheaper options this year, with the sacrifice of some consistency in having 3 good options. Plus, he's my favorite player on my favorite team.  :shrug:

• RBs (4 for $78) - 8 teams with combo

David Johnson (9) - 1874 teams
  • Mark Ingram (6) - 680 teams
  • Royce Freeman (10) - 5303 teams
  • Peyton Barber (5) - 6216 teams

In this contest I always go for more expensive running back plays, combined with any obvious value guys. I think David Johnson is the top running back this year. I LOVE picking suspended players in this contest. Though it's definitely still risky, Ingram will miss time during the easiest part of the season to survive in this contest, other teams have him and will have to deal with the same issue, and if you survive, you have a top tier player at a cheaper price. I feel like I got two studs. Barber should at least start out the season nicely to help me survive until Ingram's return. 

• WRs (8 for $72)

Corey Davis (8) - 1414 teams
  • Marquise Goodwin (11) - 5547 teams
  • Kenny Stills (11) - 2072 teams (thought he'd be higher owned than this)
  • Tyler Lockett (7) - 2008 teams
  • Keelan Cole (9) - 5514 teams
  • Michael Gallup (8) - 2281 teams
  • John Brown (10) - 3181 teams
  • John Ross (9) - 3693 teams

Just looking for value here. My guys are a combination of potential for high volume in their offense, or players with big player potential useful in a best ball format. Davis has potential to breakout this year, Goodwin is an obvious choice, Stills looks like he could be a #1 receiver, Lockett looks like he's in for a breakout year, Cole and Gallup look like they could be their teams' #1 receivers, and Brown and Ross have the potential to have huge weeks. 

• TEs (2 for $51) - 97 teams with combo

Rob Gronkowski (11) - 2332 teams
  • Travis Kelce (12) - 1035 teams

I think paying up for stud TEs is the way to go in this contest, especially as I wasn't loving the cheaper options this year. Gronk should get huge volume in that offense if he stays healthy. Kelce's week 12 Bye is scary, but he's my only player on Bye that week. I'm screwed if Gronk is hurt week 12. 

• Ks (3 for $7)

Dustin Hopkins (4)
  • Kaimi Fairbairn (10)
  • Cody Parkey (5)

[*]DST (3 for $9)

• Redskins (4)
  • Bucs (5)
  • Bengals (9)

Just tried to pick 3 of each with different Bye weeks, with a preference for earlier Bye weeks. 

Kind of surprised to see 295 have Lamar Jackson and only 67 have Jackson and Flacco. Would have thought almost every Jackson owner would take Flacco at least to start the year. 

Ben Roethlisberger    $14      
Andy Dalton                 $6      
Joe Flacco                   $5      

Leonard Fournette     $29      
Christian McCaffrey   $26      
Alex Collins                $21      
Royce Freeman         $16      

Marquise Goodwin      $13      
Sterling Shepard         $12      
Kenny Golladay          $11      
Tyler Lockett               $9      
Keelan Cole                $7      
John Brown                 $6      
John Ross                   $5 

Rob Gronkowski        $26      
Jimmy Graham          $20      
Tyler Eifert                  $9      

Caleb Sturgis              $3      
Adam Vinatieri            $3      
Kaimi Fairbairn           $2  

Dallas Cowboys         $3      
Oakland Raiders        $2      
Cleveland Browns     $2 

Kind of surprised to see 295 have Lamar Jackson and only 67 have Jackson and Flacco. Would have thought almost every Jackson owner would take Flacco at least to start the year. 
Kind of surprised at those that took both. For the $9 you could get a solid QB without the unknowns

Philip Rivers $13

Case Keenum $7

Sam Darnold $3

Jordan Howard $25

Royce Freeman $16

Jamaal Williams $15

Kerryon Johnson $15

Chris Carson $11

Corey Clement $10

Peyton Barber $8

Jeremy Hill $3

Devin Funchess $16

Marquise Goodwin $13

Tyler Lockett $9

Tyrell Williams $8

Geronimo Allison $6

John Ross $5

Cordarrelle Patterson $3

J.J. Nelson $3

Phillip Dorsett $2

Travis Kelce $25

Austin Hooper $8

Gerald Everett $5

Harrison Butker $4

Daniel Carlson $3

Caleb Sturgis $3

Chicago Bears $5

Atlanta Falcons $4

Cleveland Browns

i threw this together choosing prices and quantity. Thoughts?

We must post more here and bury that Foxer info.
Well my team in multiple ways is very unique, under 250 owned in many combos. Under 1000 on a few players and 0 under many combos. So now that we are locked your 2018 FBG gold standard (until games are played). 

QB 

Rodgers/ 7

Brandy/ 11

Cut my 3rd QB but obvious to see what I did. Not only do I guess they will be 1 and 2 this year but will lead all QB’s in touchdowns. 

RB 

Barkley/ 9

Mccafrey/ 4

Howard/ 5

Barber/ 5

obviously walking the wire week 5 but loved this lineup for bye weeks and for cost/possible points out of the rest. Cheapest I’ve ever gone on RB. 

WR

Goodwin/ 11

Stills/ 11

Golladay/ 6

Lockett/ 7

Washington/ 7 

Grant/ 4 

actually really surprised more guys didn’t go with grant for his low cost/potential. This could easily be my undoing but I’m hoping most weeks I only need to count 2 we shall see. 

TE 

Kelce/ 12

Burton/ 5

Swaim/ 8

bold proclomation!!! (never changed my TE’s since posted) Kelce and Burton are TE1 and 2 this year. 

Shocked burton isn’t owned by everyone!!! Week 5 bye only $14 and will be used as a TE/Slot back/Slot receiver this year. Swaim is my deep dark horse that if he can hold onto the ball could be top 10 this year. 

Kicker

Z leg/ 12

Dawson/ 9

Fairbairn/ 10

All have jobs, all have decent teams behind them, bye weeks work  and ZLeg is a machine. 

Def

Bears/ 5

Redskins/ 4

Browns/ 11

Who didn’t take these 3??? Bye weeks, over performers and sacs a plenty lol. 

Well there you have it quoted “Foxers Info”

lol hope I make it past week 1 or this will be embarrassing! 

I just found what has to be the most unique team.  QB's are Rodgers and Watson ($52), RB's are Gurley, Bell, Elliott, and Johnson ($143), TE's are Walker and Jenkins ($26), all 6 of the $2 kickers ($12), and JAX & MIA D's ($12).

Guess how much that left him to spend on WR's?  5 BUCKS!  He has only TreQuan Smith and Phillip Dorsett

Never do well in this but here is the final roster I made:

Aaron Rodgers         $27   
Andy Dalton            $6   

Rodgers and Dalton were in my lineups through almost all of my adjusting.  I noticed the 6 per QB, and while I could have gotten a few guys here that I liked but wanted Rodgers a lot and I think Dalton has those 3 TD games on occasion with low yardage.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christian McCaffrey   $26   
Royce Freeman         $16   
Jamaal Williams       $15   
Corey Clement         $10   
Peyton Barber          $8                                                           
James Conner           $4     

I wanted to be cheap at RB with 0.5 PPR. I only used Mccaffrey because an early bye.  I wanted him for consistency.  50 rushing, 50 rec, 10 points, and whatever catches for bonus. I like Clement as my dart throw, and Freeman, Williams, Barber, and now Conner to chip in where they can.  The top 5 all have different bye's which I really liked.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Davis           $15   
Marquise Goodwin      $13   
Tyler Lockett          $9    
Josh Doctson           $9     
Paul Richardson        $9                                             
Keelan Cole            $7    
John Ross              $5     
TreQuan Smith          $3     
Phillip Dorsett        $2     

I had a hard time at WR.  I couldn't pass up Goodwin, even though I'm not a fan.  I grabbed a bunch of deep threat WR's and probably will get hurt here as in PPR nobody is going to be consistent.  In best ball I don't normally like teammates but I liked Doctson and Richardson.  I think Washington passes a lot.  Both have an early bye which helps.  This group will be tough to gauge.
Rob Gronkowski        $26    0.00                                                                                               
Travis Kelce          $25      0.00                    

Only having 2 is risky, but I wanted to spend up at TE.  The late bye's hurt but they are the only one's with 11 and 12 on my roster of any value.                                                                                   
Sebastian Janikowski   $3                                            
Kaimi Fairbairn        $2     
Cody Parkey            $2     

3 separate byes, teams that should kick the ball on occasion.
Dallas Cowboys         $3   
Cincinnati Bengals     $3     
Cleveland Browns       $2     

3 separate byes.  Really wanted the Titans over Dallas but couldn't squeeze it  in.

Kind of surprised at those that took both. For the $9 you could get a solid QB without the unknowns
Is there still a list of players and their costs? I don't think I ever had a $9 QB. I had trubisky at 7, remember bottles at 8, a bunch at 10 and 11 are solid but I don't remember seeing a QB under 10 I felt had near the upside and safety of the Flacco/Lamar combo. 

Flacco might struggle again, then I suspect we'll see Lamar before too long. Lamar might throw a bunch of interceptions but can run with the best of them. 

Really I wanted Lamar for his upside. He probably won't be Watson but few thought Watson would be Watson. My only concern was that Lamar isn't starting yet. Flacco solves that, and between the two you have some injury protection. 

ETA- I totally get avoiding the situation. I get taking Flacco without Lamar. But I wasn't going to take Lamar without Flacco and I wanted Lamar.

OK, time for my annual request:  PLEASE don't just list your roster.  After a few dozen of those long lists, my eyes cross and I stop reading.  If you want to generate discussion, instead give at least a little of your reasoning.  Here's mine:

QB - Jared Goff - LAR/12 - $11
QB - Andy Dalton - CIN/9 - $6
QB - Ryan Tannehill - MIA/11 - $6

Like I said earlier, the midlevel QBs are such a bargain this year, I can't see paying more.  According to the Draft Dominator projections, these 3 will be within 1 or 2 ppw of Rodgers (and actually outscore him some weeks) and collectively cost less than him.  Each is nearly 100% sure of being the starter all year barring injury, and each has the potential for a 4 TD week at any time.  Going cheap saves money for RB & TE.

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - DAL/8 - $35
RB - David Johnson - ARI/9 - $34
RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8

Big $$ on RB.  There's been a lot of discussion about whether the drop to .5 ppr for RBs devalues them, but a combo of Goff and Zeke still projects to more points than an equally priced combo of a higher priced QB and a midlevel RB.  Originally I had Cook instead of CMC, but the week 4 bye was much better than a week 10 bye.  When Freeman was named the starter in Denver, I actually switched to him and tried upgrading my #3 TE to Burton, but didn't like the way the roster looked as much as I like this one, partly because I couldn't convince myself of what Freeman's ultimate value would be.  If he turns into a reincarnation of Zeke's or Kamara's rookie seasons, I'll be sorry.  If not, maybe zigging instead of zagging was the right thing to do . If Barber can hold onto the starting position, he'll be cheap gold.  I've had Conner in there from my earliest teams, thinking he'll be good for at least an occasional TD.  With Bell playing his reporting game, he'll be worth even more early in the season and who knows what happens later.  Unfortunately, that news also resulted in him being on nearly everyone's roster.

WR - Kenny Stills - MIA/11 - $11
WR - Dede Westbrook - JAX/9 - $5
WR - Jaron Brown - SEA/7 - $3

Quantity over quality at WR.  9 guys who are capable of a big week or two (or hopefully more).  Some potential risks: Week 11 with my two  "big guns" (hey, it's a relative term) on bye, but I have 7 other WRs to pick up the slack, plus all my RBs and TEs are active that week, so hopefully I won't need a flex from the WR spot.  Week 9 has 3 guys on bye, but with the top 2 and 4 others available, it should be survivable.  The week 9 and 11 guys just seemed to have so much value I couldn't pass them up, so I decided to run the risk...besides, with 6 teams on bye those 2 weeks, I'm guessing everyone will have some kind of bye issues, so maybe scores will be low all around.  The bargains were so obvious that the same guys keep showing up on a ton of rosters, but that's OK--I'm perfectly willing to have the same WR production as everyone else and depend on my RBs to be the difference makers.

TE - Travis Kelce - KC/12 - $25
TE - Jared Cook - OAK/7 - $8
TE - Austin Hooper - ATL/8 - $8
TE - Dallas Goedert - PHI/9 - $4

One big gun, two midlevels and the cheap flyer.  Went back and forth between Goedert and Vannett for the final spot. Vannett's bye week is better and he's $1 cheaper and I think both have similar floors and likely output.  But, Goedert has a way higher ceiling if Ertz gets hurt, so I went that way. Kelce/Goff sharing the week 12 bye makes me a little nervous, but both are covered pretty well in their positions and all my RBs and WRs are active that week, so I can get my flex scores there.

PK - Dustin Hopkins - WAS/4 - $3
PK - Kaimi Fairbairn - HOU/10 - $2
PK - Cody Parkey - CHI/5 - $2

TD - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TB/5 - $3
TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3

Meh, 3 cheap kickers and 3 cheap defenses with bye weeks spread around (other than the early week 5, I'll have at least 5 of the 6 active every week).  I almost went with a Bears/Cards combo at D, but I tried 2 defenses one year and it didn't work out well, so I stuck with 3. I tried to squeeze in Bears/Cards/Browns, but it would have meant cutting a WR, which I didn't want to do with  the bye week issues.
Very nice write up.  My biggest question is does Cmac outscore Gronk?

I own all 5 of he top 5 highest owned.

Barber 41%   6,216 entries

Goodwin 37%   5547

Cole 36.48%

Conner 35.84%

R. Freeman 35.08

Some of my other guys.  Surprised at Kelce ownership and kind of Gronk.  Late Bye and injury history comes into play.  Rodgers kind of surprised me with 6 point TD passes.

Gronk 15% only 2,332 people

Kelce only 7% with 1,035

Rodgers 4.86% with 734 people!

Corey Davis 9.35%

26 people own Julius Thomas

28 Terrence West

29 Darboh

37 wasted $22 on Guice

37 on O'leary

76 on Martavis Bryant

121 on Dez (may still make a roster)

Baldwin really underowned 214 people

Philip Rivers $13

Case Keenum $7

Sam Darnold $3

Jordan Howard $25

Royce Freeman $16

Jamaal Williams $15

Kerryon Johnson $15

Chris Carson $11

Corey Clement $10

Peyton Barber $8

Jeremy Hill $3

Devin Funchess $16

Marquise Goodwin $13

Tyler Lockett $9

Tyrell Williams $8

Geronimo Allison $6

John Ross $5

Cordarrelle Patterson $3

J.J. Nelson $3

Phillip Dorsett $2

Travis Kelce $25

Austin Hooper $8

Gerald Everett $5

Harrison Butker $4

Daniel Carlson $3

Caleb Sturgis $3

Chicago Bears $5

Atlanta Falcons $4

Cleveland Browns

i threw this together choosing prices and quantity. Thoughts?
If you're not going to post your thoughts I'm not going to both posting mine.

Open your team page (the one that shows your status/how many pts. you've scored each week).  Look at the page address in the top line.  The 6 digit number before the .php is your team id number.
Like last year you helped :)  good luck on a long run 

I am having fun finding "unique" rosters - found one with 16 kickers.  And knowing we have to start 2 RB's and 2 WR's, this clown chose Chubb, Blount, Funchess, and Cordarelle Patterson as his only RB's and WR's.

Actually i think Flacco/Lamar could be better than a $9 qb in that you'd need 2 injuries to lose that starting QB. I didn't do it myself because i like otjer single QBs to outscore the BAL combo and ill take the risk.  But you do get a bit of security with BAL combo.  And who cares about the unknowns?  It's bestball.  You get whoever plays.

I don't know if I have any real strategy here but started with the TE.  I know Shaheen is injured but him and Goedert were so cheap that I could lock up two TE situations that should score a lot of points and often use one in my flex if Burton is as good as I expect.   I wanted Goff and Mahomes but they have the same bye week so I decided to go with Mahomes and replace Goff with Rivers.   I like to have a third QB so went cheap with Dalton.

I took some cheap RB/WR that all should have some upside and then filled in the studs with Gordon, C-Mac, and Hill.  And fit in Royce (who I think is way better than Booker) and Goodwin (will have some big upside weeks with Shanahan).   Also decided on Hill as my top WR because he should have 4-6 weeks where he scores really big with long TDs.

Philip Rivers         $13
Patrick Mahomes II    $11
Andy Dalton            $6
Melvin Gordon         $30
Christian McCaffrey   $26
Royce Freeman         $16
Peyton Barber          $8
Bilal Powell           $7
James Conner           $4
Tyreek Hill           $23
Corey Davis           $15
Marquise Goodwin      $13
Keelan Cole            $7
Chris Godwin           $6
John Brown             $6
John Ross              $5
Zach Ertz             $23
Trey Burton           $14
Dallas Goedert         $4
Adam Shaheen           $2
Harrison Butker        $4
Kaimi Fairbairn        $2
Cincinnati Bengals     $3
Cleveland Browns       $2

QB - Blake Bortles - JAX/9 - $8

QB - Case Keenum - DEN/10 - $7

QB - Mitchell Trubisky - CHI/5 - $7

QB - Sam Darnold - NYJ/11 - $3

With 6 pt passing TDs and only -1 INTs, that directed my strategy here. Every year I have gone with 2 mid priced QBs but this year the pricing was so low on the position overall that I felt I could go for a 3rd.  Then when a starting QB emerges for $3 I felt I had to add him too.  Probably not going to have any 400 yard, 5 TD games from this group but I’m confident I’ll get a good score every week. 

RB - Melvin Gordon - LAC/8 - $30

RB - Saquon Barkley - NYG/9 - $28

RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16

I always go heavy at RB and it has served me well in the past.  This year was a bit difficult as a lot of RBs I liked have week 9 byes.  Love Gordon this year, think he has too 3 upside.  Barkley and McCaffrey will get a ton of touches and have big play upside for monster weeks.  Freeman is underpriced after winning the job.  Conner has been on my roster most of the time as a LeVeon injury flyer, he’s a must have now obviously.   I’m counting on at least one flex, and often both flexes coming from the RB position.  

WR - Geronimo Allison - GB/7 - $6

WR - Courtland Sutton - DEN/10 - $5

WR - James Washington - PIT/7 - $4

WR - TreQuan Smith - NO/6 - $3

WR - Phillip Dorsett - NE/11 - $2

I tend to always go with a shotgun approach at WR, as I feel it is the one position where the lower priced options can come close to replicating production of the top guys.  Goodwin is a must own for everyone.  I’d rather have him and he’s a dud than the alternative.  I loved Cole before and with Lee out he’s guaranteed to get good volume.  Gallup is a rookie but likely #1 passing target.  John Brown is the perfect best ball WR if he can stay healthy, which is obviously a big if.  Allison I have had since day 1.  He’ll have a couple big weeks this year and if something happens with Cobb he could blow up.  I don’t expect too much from Ross but he is only $5 and a big play waiting to happen.  Sutton and Washington are both talented rookies with big upside if there is an injury in front of them.  I’ve thought about dropping Taylor as I don’t know if there are enough targets to go around but he looked electric this preseason.  Smith looked great this preseason and plays in a wide open NO offense that doesn’t hesitate to play rookies.  His competition for targets is Meredith, Ginn and Watson, definitely obstacles that can be overcome.  Dorsett is $2 and has Tom Brady throwing to him, he may have a couple big weeks.  I’m not expecting miracles from this group but I feel pretty confident I can get a couple starting scores out of this group every week, with upside for more if one of the rookies blows up.  

TE - Kyle Rudolph - MIN/10 - $16

TE - Trey Burton - CHI/5 - $14

TE - David Njoku - CLE/11 - $12

I’ve had Rudolph since day 1, think he has a top 5 year.  Burton has grown on me and his upside at that price is huge.  Njoku is one of the most talented TEs in the NFL and will have some big weeks.  With 3 solid options at TE I should have a good score every week and often a solid flex score as well.  

PK - Caleb Sturgis - LAC/8 - $3

PK - Aldrick Rosas - NYG/9 - $2

PK - Cody Parkey - CHI/5 - $2

PK - Jason Sanders - MIA/11 - $2

Not a whole lot of strategy here, just multiple cheap options with different byes 

TD - Chicago Bears - CHI/5 - $5

TD - Oakland Raiders - OAK/7 - $2

Bears defense with Mack should be pretty solid and has an early bye week.  Browns D has looked solid.  Raiders D will be awful but maybe they score a TD here or there.

QB: Goff  $11 Prescott $10 Dalton $6

RB: Elliot $35, Freeman $16, Barber $8, Conner $4, Hill $3

For the longest time I had Prescott/Keenun/Eli along with Elliot/Barber/Barkely.  In hindsight I may regret not sticking with this strategy.  My theory was that either the QB or RB would have a very good week each week which would give me a high floor.  Ultimately Goff's high TD projection moved me off of Keenun and I dumped Barkley to upgrade elsewhere.

These three QBs represent the best TD production to cost excluding a couple that were bye concerns.  Feel very good about having three starting each week.  Flirted with Flacco, but his days could be numbered.

At RB I only was looking to post 2 scores a week.  Wanted my flex production at positions where the $ spent represented more production.  Elliot gives me one RB with pop.  Just looking for Freeman and Barber to post a respectable RB2 score.  Had to get Conner in case he goes nuts.  Hill could very well lead the NE RBs in TDs.

WR: Brown $37, Gordon $18, Goodwin $13, Cole $7, Brown $7, Allison $6, Ross $5, Washington $4

Brown is expensive but with Bell missing he'll leaded the league in targets.  Flirted with Nuk, but I have a bad feeling at Watson and they face Jax the week Gordon and Goodwin are out.  Brown isn't getting shutdown unless they triple team him.  If that happens then Washington will have a big week.  Gordon has potential to finish in the top 10 WRs for a dirt cheap price.  Everyone owns Goodwin.  While he'll post solid numbers, the lack of TDs is concerning.  Problem is if you don't have him and he posts a two TD week, surviving will be difficult.  Cole/Brown/Allison/Ross like most of the rest of you.  Looking for a flex score here each week along with Goodwin.

TE: Graham $20, Reed $16, Eifert $9

Riskiest trio in the contest.  Good big or more likely go home when Reed and Eifiert hurt their little toe.  That said, too much TD potential to resist.  I see Graham with double digit TDs.  Alex Smith will turn Reed into Kelce and the Skins rushing attack will be abysmal.  They also play in a high scoring division.  It's put up or shut up time for Dalton.  In theory Graham tops most everyone production at this position and Reed/Eifert fill the score flex spot.'

K: 3 $2 kickers like every year.  

Got to have three with this scoring format.

D: Bears $5, Cowboys $3, Cleveland $2

The cheap Ds looked horrid this year.  Took Dallas as a hedge against Dak/Elliot getting slowed by a defensive TD in a given week.  Everyone like Chicago and Cleveland for the price.

This is going to be a very interesting year.  So much commonality in the cheap guys that each week is going to come down to my Elliot v. your CMAC, my Graham v. your Burton, my Goff v. your Mahoomes for most people.  We'll see so many pushes with Freeman, Barber, Conner, Goodwin, and the cheap WR bargains that it will be a battle of QBs, stud RBs, and TEs.

Never in the money, but I have been one cut short of it a couple times.... I feel pretty good here.

Kirk Cousins $14

Andy Dalton $6 

Ryan Tannehill $6

____

Ezekiel Elliott $35

Saquon Barkley $28

Aaron Jones $9

Peyton Barber $8

James Conner $4

_____

Michael Thomas $31

Keenan Allen $30