What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

Entry 100226 Rank: 791 (Score: 205.65)

First time over 200 

Graham -18.2 so not going up much if any at all

WR suck but everything else going good

Forgot I have goodwin -11

Last edited by a moderator:
Through 6 weeks for my team

QB AVE 31.28

RB 1 AVE 25.57

RB 2 AVE 18.25

WR 1 AVE 21.87

WR 2 AVE 14.75

TE AVE 17.4

Flex 1 16.15

Flex 2 13.78

K Ave 12.13

DEF AVE 11.17

Spent 22 on QB,113 on RB,58 on WR, 39 on TE,8 on K, 10 on DEF

Flex had been 4 of each RB, WR and TE

Overall I have a Chance to get deep, but would need lots and lots of luck to win it,

Royce Freeman, Sebastian Janikowski only 2 not used out of 24

I Love this contest

TheWinz said:
I have a question - I am coming close to the cut, and am starting Mahomes in my league.  Problem is, I didn't select him in the contest.  Would you rather lose your league, or be booted from this contest?  For me, screw the league.  This contest is much more fun!
I am with you Winz!  Losing 1 week in the season long contest is not an issue compared to the Subscriber Contest... when you lose you go home! 

I am continuing on to Week 7 (183.9 with Goodwin to go tonight)

#107697 - Brees on bye had me worried, but Atl QB Matty Ice connection to TE Austin Hooper juiced it for me!

Likely eliminated :(  

151.85 (1.4 above the cut) 4,914 place.

I have Aaron Rodgers -23.45 (So him exploding for 30, would help swing me +7 and likely safe?)

J. Williams - 13.60 - not feeling good about this.

M. Goodwin -11.00 - not feeling good about this one either.

Good Luck guys.

Too busy this year to check in much, but enjoy this contest and the thread so much when I have time. My squad continues to limp along, coming rather close to the cut line for the past three weeks, but managing to stay alive.

This week's score my best in a while so likely moving along, but I have too few high ceiling scorers this year to last much longer.

QB - Dalton, Alex Smith and Darnold - decent production each week but not huge scores

RB - Fournette, Collins, Barber, Ekeler and Breida - again managing two double digits per week, but no high scorers - Fournette you are missed

WR - T. Hill, Goodwin(sad), Lockett, P. Richardson, Cole, John Brown, Sutton, Meredith and TreQuan Smith

TE - Reed, Burton, Gesicki and Goedert - hey rookie TEs you have had six weeks so get involved

4 PKs and 4 DST

187 and seem to be moving on. My running backs really stink, though, and I'll be done soon.  

eta* Hill, JuJu, Godwin, Gostkowski, Howard, and McDonald were my big guys this weeks and the TEs were cheap. I just picked the wrong backs. Maybe when Greg The Leg comes back I can flex in a kicker? I don't even know those rules.  

Flex is only for RB, WR or TE 
Thought so. Thanks. I guess spending twelve bucks on kickers might have been better served elsewhere, but that's not too, too bad. I'm not sure what other bargain bin dollar value I might have gotten...

JAMES CONNER!

:wall: :ptts:

That's okay, when/if Bell comes back, value will be appropriate, most likely.  

Gonna take a minor miracle to make it this week. Sitting about 20 points below the cut with only Rodgers (-23.45) and Goodwin (-4.8) left. Was hoping I would get some high scores from Gronk and Kelce in a shootout, but they were just okay, and my WRs were awful.

I wonder how many teams with Gronk are left? He’s been horrible at his price tag. 4-5 cheap TE was the way to go IMO unless you have Kelce or Ertz.

I think it's going to be close for me to make the cut this week.  The only players I had with big games are Mahomes and Barkley, so I'm hoping those two will be enough with the other middling scores to get me through the week.  At least I will finally be able to use Peyton Barber.

I wonder how many teams with Gronk are left? He’s been horrible at his price tag. 4-5 cheap TE was the way to go IMO unless you have Kelce or Ertz.
907, going into this week.  Started with 2332 owning Gronk.  38.89% of his original owners are still alive. 

Things look bleak for me.  I am slightly (0.35) below the cut line and have only George Kittle (-2.6) going tonight.  If he does not play (Questionable) or comes up small, I am toast.

I am quite optimistic about my team lasting this long with the injuries and suspensions I've had. I'd be a little surprised if I didn't get into the running for some winnings if this play continues, but anything can happen! 

Gonna take a minor miracle to make it this week. Sitting about 20 points below the cut with only Rodgers (-23.45) and Goodwin (-4.8) left. Was hoping I would get some high scores from Gronk and Kelce in a shootout, but they were just okay, and my WRs were awful.
They've given me hope...now 13 down with Goodwin counting and Rodgers (-9.7). 

Well damn, I had forgotten I had Goodwin lol. Graham has also snuck into the lineup. A. Jones could crack it as well. Can Cosby outscore Growskowski? Doubtful 

I might as well hope for a 200+ week at this point cause I'm toast week 7. 

Updated (Ownership percentages are from start of the contest.)

Another good week and a couple guys game back from the dead :pickle:

QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/6 - $15  7.60%  (used 0)

QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/8 - $13  19.10%  #16 Owned (used 2)

QB - Andy Dalton - CIN/9 - $6  19.60%  #15 Owned (used 4)

Solid but not spectacular from this bunch the last couple of weeks but not complaints.

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - DAL/8 - $35  7.89% (used 6)

RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/4 - $26  28.40%  #6 Owned (used 4)

RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16  35.08%  #5 Owned (used 2)

RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8  41.12%   #1 Owned (used 1 :excited: he's alive!!!!)

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $4  35.84%  #4 Owned (used 3 - I think he'll still have value even after Bell comes back)

RB - John Kelly - LAR/12 - $3  3.76% (used 0 - hasn't dressed yet)

RB - Jeremy Hill - NE/11 - $3  8.72% (used 0 - he's out for the year)

Conner comes back to life.  Gotta enjoy it while I can

WR - Marvin Jones - DET/6 - $20  5.03% (used 2)

WR - Marquise Goodwin - SF/11 - $13  36.70%  #2 Owned (used 1 woohoo :pickle: maybe all is not lost with Beathard at QB)

WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/8 - $6  15.09%  #31 Owned (used 0)

WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6  13.86%  #35 Owned (used 4)

WR - John Brown - BAL/10 - $6  21.05%  #13 Owned (used 5)

WR - Dede Westbrook - JAX/9 - $5  7.48% (used 3)

WR - John Ross - CIN/9 - $5  24.43%  #11 Owned (used 1)

WR - Chad Williams - ARI/9 - $3  0.67% (used 0)

WR - Phillip Dorsett - NE/11 - $2  12.26%  #45 Owned (used 2)

Healthier numbers this week.  Down to just Gallup and Chad not used - each of whom caught a very early pass this week and promptly disappeared.

TE - Trey Burton - CHI/5 - $14  25.58%  #10 Owned (3 used)

TE - David Njoku - CLE/11 - $12  20.08%  #14 Owned (2 used)

TE - Ricky Seals-Jones - ARI/9 - $7  10.52%  #60 Owned (2 used)

TE - Nick Vannett - SEA/7 - $3  3.06% (1 used)

RSJ with a nice bounce-back week just edging out Burton to count this week. 

PK - Harrison Butker - KC/12 - $4  16.93%  #23 Owned  (used 2)

PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/9 - $3  13.67%  #37 Owned (used 1.5)

PK - Kaimi Fairbairn - HOU/10 - $2  18.33%  #18 Owned (used 2.5)

Butker finally puts up a dominant week with a 18.50.  Again happy with these 3 as they all seem to be doing well.

TD - Jets - Jets/11 - $3  2.97% (used 2)

TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3  7.77% (used 2)

TD - Oakland Raiders - OAK/7 - $2  7.11% (used 1)

TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/11 - $2  22.17%  #12 Owned (used 1)

Again exactly 1 of my 4 defenses goes off for some points as the Jets put up 14.  Oakland and the Browns only had 3 and the Bengals D laid a goose-egg.  This is the first time I've done 4 really cheap defenses and I think it's really paid off.

Happy to move on to Week 7!

Conner, Vannett and the Oakland Defense are my only bye weeks so I feel good.   Hill, Kelly and Ross seem like the only other guaranteed 0s next week.

Anyway woohoo :)

-QG

Usage up to 25 out of 30 now.

Hill is a guaranteed non-use.

Other 4 are Stafford, John Kelly, Gallup and Chad Williams.

Feel like I've had more diversity in my contributors this year and I think that's probably a good thing on balance.  Zeke is the only player I've used every week.  McCaffrey and John Brown dropped from that club this week (obviously out of eligible weeks in McCaffrey's case).

-QG

Last week was the reason why being unique isn't good.  There were probably 50-100 selections that would have helped you more than Goodwin in weeks 1-5.  There are a bunch of folks sitting below the cut that in hindsight would have been better of with Goodwin rather than one of those 50-100 other choices.

QB - Ben (4), Rivers (2), Eli (0)

RB - DJ (5), Conner (4), CMC (3), Royce (1), Aaron Jones (1), Barber (1)

WR - Lockett (5), John Brown (5), Godwin (4), Cole (2), Goodwin (1), Ginn (1), Ross (1), Taywan Taylor (1), Gallup (0)

TE - Burton (3), Cook (2), Goedert (1), Griffin (1), Clay (0)

K - Fairbairn (4), Lambo (1.5), Sturgis (.5) - Lambo & Sturgis tied in week 2

D - CHI (3), PIT (2), CLE (1)

Out of 29 roster spots, $21 unused so far.  Was 32+ over the cut every week, until this week.  Made it by 3.7 points, thanx to Goodwin and Barber coming to life.  This upcoming week will be my toughest, with byes for Ben, Conner, Jones, Lockett, Cook, and PIT D.

Last week was the reason why being unique isn't good.  There were probably 50-100 selections that would have helped you more than Goodwin in weeks 1-5.  There are a bunch of folks sitting below the cut that in hindsight would have been better of with Goodwin rather than one of those 50-100 other choices.
:goodposting:   When a highly-owned player goes off, you don't want to be the team that doesn't have him.  

Week 7 should be a good time to get rid of some teams that have been relying on Conner to cover for their under-performing big-money RBs like Bell, Fournette, Cook, Howard, etc. 

Users who are viewing this thread