What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (2 Viewers)

So would Notre Dame. 
Both ND and Texas A&M traveled to Georgia this year and both lost by six.

Playing Michigan's 2019 schedule, A&M would get ND at Kyle Field (Iowa at home, too, for that matter).

All that establishes not much conclusive. Plenty of support for differing opinions.

Both ND and Texas A&M traveled to Georgia this year and both lost by six.

Playing Michigan's 2019 schedule, A&M would get ND at Kyle Field (Iowa at home, too, for that matter).

All that establishes not much conclusive. Plenty of support for differing opinions.
We know conclusively that Michigan can beat Iowa and ND. It happened.

Texas A&M beating them is pure speculation, and even you admitted they would struggle vs Iowa. 

We know conclusively that Michigan can beat Iowa and ND. It happened.

Texas A&M beating them is pure speculation, and even you admitted they would struggle vs Iowa. 
All my point really was: Texas A&M and Michigan aren't so far apart that one should be considered a trash-team speedbump while the other is being considered to have been a serious challenge to a CFP team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lane Kiffin asked about his reception at Ole Miss and kissing babies at the airport after arriving there: "It's a lot better than another tarmac experience that I had."
:lmao:

That's funny!  I am rooting for Kiffin.  I like redemption stories and he seems to be owning his baggage.  

All my point really was: Texas A&M and Michigan aren't so far apart that one should be considered a trash-team speedbump while the other is being considered to have been a serious challenge to a CFP team.
Without A&M having beat someone better than a 6-6 team, it takes huge grains of salt to think A&M is as good as Michigan, given we know Michigan is good enough to beat ND and Iowa. 

I understand what you are saying, but I don't take huge flying leaps just because someone else is willing to take a huge flying leap. Good luck with your leap. 

Tom Servo said:
Politician Spock said:
Tom Servo said:
When Wisconsin loses to OSU tonight, PSU will pass them in the rankings and get the Rose Bowl bid from B1G. 
Wisconsin may not drop at all after losing to OSU, given their ranking already includes losing to OSU. 
Why wouldn't they?  They would've lost twice to OSU.  You're telling me that a three loss Wisconsin team stays ahead of a 2 loss PSU team that as of this moment gave OSU its best game to date?  Interesting...  :coffee:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. 

Heisman finalists include OU quarterback Jalen Hurts, LSU quarterback Joe Burrow, Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields and Ohio State defensive end Chase Young

Of course they should be. Wisconsin and PSU has the same regular-season record. Why should Wisconsin get knocked for playing an extra game against OSU?
Are we going to apply that same standard if they won?  If they don't get penalized for losing, then theoretically they shouldn't get rewarded for winning.

Are we going to apply that same standard if they won?  If they don't get penalized for losing, then theoretically they shouldn't get rewarded for winning.
Galaxy brain take. 

when you are comparing two teams with the same regular-season record they aren’t going to reward Penn State for not making the conference title game. 

In this world what is the point of the conference championship?  
OSU has won the B1G Championship game 3 years in a row... and in each year they fell in the CFP rankings the next day.

So once we have a playoff, the point of the B1G conference championship game is to win it so you can fall in the 8 team CFP seedings. And I'd be perfectly fine with that as long as we have December Madness!!!

3 blowouts and OU/OU fighting to get blown out in the next week by LSU?

FCS quarterfinals are this weekend.  #1 North Dakota St is favored by 3 touchdowns and #2 James Madison is favored by 12.5.  There's probably a sharp drop off from the elite to the very good at all levels.

OSU has won the B1G Championship game 3 years in a row... and in each year they fell in the CFP rankings the next day.
This is just an artifact of human judgment over the process. A reasonable subjective argument can be made for any of LSU, Ohio State, and Clemson to be #1 in the CFP. An airtight, perfectly logical objective argument for the same cannot be made. The facts on the table don't fully support any one outcome. Fully support, that is -- leaving no room for argument.

For reference:

"Shaquille O'Neal is taller than Lil' Kim" = Fully-supported fact. You break out a tape measure and get an objective result.

"Shaq's apple pie is better than Lil' Kim's apple pie" = Fully-supported facts can be brought to bear about the pies (baking temperature, quantities of ingredients, etc.), but the bolded statement itself can never be objectively supported.

Gasparilla Bowl is now at RayJay? HFS! Upgrade.  :thumbup:

ETA: Great thing about RayJay is my office is nearby and I get free parking. 

Last edited by a moderator:
3 blowouts and OU/OU fighting to get blown out in the next week by LSU?

Are you saying the bowl match ups outide of the playoffs are more entertaining than that proposed 8 team playoff? 

Conference Championship to make it to the playoffs.?  Kinda like they do the NCAA BB tournament maybe? 

FCS quarterfinals are this weekend.  #1 North Dakota St is favored by 3 touchdowns and #2 James Madison is favored by 12.5.  There's probably a sharp drop off from the elite to the very good at all levels.
Yeah probably shouldn't watch since it has already been settled by Vegas. 

Washington is +3.5 vs Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl.  Same sort of set-up as the one played two years ago where Boise State beat the horse piss out of Oregon and their new HC Mario Cristobal.  Boise State is a good team and I think UW gave up on the season.  $$$$$ on the Broncos to win this one.

Washington is +3.5 vs Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl.  Same sort of set-up as the one played two years ago where Boise State beat the horse piss out of Oregon and their new HC Mario Cristobal.  Boise State is a good team and I think UW gave up on the season.  $$$$$ on the Broncos to win this one.
Is Chris Peterson coaching the bowl game?   Not too familiar with Washington program but would they get up for the game to win one for him in his last game especially against his former team?

Is Chris Peterson coaching the bowl game?   Not too familiar with Washington program but would they get up for the game to win one for him in his last game especially against his former team?
Oh, great point.  Thanks!  Think he is and I think I will lower my wagering gusto on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread