What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Bootyholster also not have a postseason gameplan back when his #1 seed Hawks went down in the playoffs? i dont remember for some reason. Get your team some frikkin shots and The Wall goes away, bozo...

Last edited by a moderator:
Toronto spent their entire history not getting calls, let's not be Petty
I am not blaming the refs for this loss at all. Bucks are not playing well. Lowry likely hits both free throws so that call doesnt affect the game. Even if he makes only one it really doesnt.

That doesnt mean it wasnt a terrible no call.

The and 1 for lopez was awful. 

The call on brown was awful.

One of the calls on middleton was pitiful. 

So while i think these refs suck, toronto played better tonight. They win even with a good performance from the refs. 

Kawhi Leonard has 7 35-point games in these playoffs.

Over the last 20 seasons, the only other player with 7 35-point games before the NBA Finals? LeBron James. 3 different times.

Kawhi is having one heck of a postseason. https://t.co/M776kiudUv
you have to watch the games to truly appreciate too. I haven't seen a ton of this series, but last series the Sixers made him earn almost every single point. From what i saw the other night, Middelton was doing the same thing. Pretty sure whereever Kawhi goes this summer i will be putting some money on that team to win the championship next year

I am not blaming the refs for this loss at all. Bucks are not playing well. Lowry likely hits both free throws so that call doesnt affect the game. Even if he makes only one it really doesnt.

That doesnt mean it wasnt a terrible no call.

The and 1 for lopez was awful. 

The call on brown was awful.

One of the calls on middleton was pitiful. 

So while i think these refs suck, toronto played better tonight. They win even with a good performance from the refs. 
True story.  Bucks players are shrinking HARD from the moment.  Too big for them apparently.

Probably too big for them to start with. Outside of Giannis and Middleton, that roster is very meh.
Too big is looking true but this is a talented roster.  Middleton has played terrible except for the game 4 blowout.  Bledsoe and Mirotec are borderline all stars who've played like garbage this entire series.  Lopez is a solid NBA 5.  Then you have guys like Brogdon and George Hill who are very good players as well.  I'd argue that top to bottom the Bucks are more talented than Toronto.  Toronto's winning because their superstar is out playing the Bucks' superstar and Toronto's Robin's (Lowry and Siakim) are destroying the Bucks (Middleton & Bledsoe). 

He should have never joined the Warriors.  Would have been better for almost everyone.  Not saying he had to stay in OKC, but that turned most of the basketball world against him and he can't handle criticism.
Not sure why people hated him for leaving OKC so much. It seems a lot of fans get butthurt if you pick on Russ. What has he accomplished that he can't be criticized? Yeah those Triple Dubs are nice but how many Titles has he won with those stats? The Problem with OKC and Russ is the same problem Phily had with AI. Great players who can't play well with other superstars and aren't guys if you want a title you put on your team.KD felt disrespected when ownership basically showed more support for Russ then him and willing to build around him. There was countless times in the playoffs over their yrs together Russ tried to play hero ball when KD was wide open. That must be frustrating to a player too. I'm open pass me the ball but nope lets be selfish and play hero ball and brick the shot or have a dumb Turnover. 

Given the issues in OKC between Russ and KD I never could blame KD for leaving. Would KD have better been served image wise going else where then signing with GS? Absolutely but he took less money to win a title and I'll take that on my roster everyday. I think how Lebron went about signing in MIA was worse then what KD did. KD didn't put on a dog and pony show like Lebron and then have a concert like atmosphere for his introduction. Then he left MIA high and dry when he realized he'd have to carry the team on his back because Wade/Bosh wouldn't so he went back to Cleveland. Not to right a wrong but because they had a young star named Kyrie Irving and he could get the help around him. And he knew Gilbert would do anything to keep Lebron happy this time bent over cheeks spread YES SIR without complaint. 

Not sure why people hated him for leaving OKC so much. It seems a lot of fans get butthurt if you pick on Russ. What has he accomplished that he can't be criticized? Yeah those Triple Dubs are nice but how many Titles has he won with those stats? The Problem with OKC and Russ is the same problem Phily had with AI. Great players who can't play well with other superstars and aren't guys if you want a title you put on your team.KD felt disrespected when ownership basically showed more support for Russ then him and willing to build around him. There was countless times in the playoffs over their yrs together Russ tried to play hero ball when KD was wide open. That must be frustrating to a player too. I'm open pass me the ball but nope lets be selfish and play hero ball and brick the shot or have a dumb Turnover. 

Given the issues in OKC between Russ and KD I never could blame KD for leaving. Would KD have better been served image wise going else where then signing with GS? Absolutely but he took less money to win a title and I'll take that on my roster everyday. I think how Lebron went about signing in MIA was worse then what KD did. KD didn't put on a dog and pony show like Lebron and then have a concert like atmosphere for his introduction. Then he left MIA high and dry when he realized he'd have to carry the team on his back because Wade/Bosh wouldn't so he went back to Cleveland. Not to right a wrong but because they had a young star named Kyrie Irving and he could get the help around him. And he knew Gilbert would do anything to keep Lebron happy this time bent over cheeks spread YES SIR without complaint. 
Wasn't saying he should have stayed in OKC, it was meant to say he could have gone anywhere else and not faced the backlash he has for going to Golden State.

THIS.

Also, I'd love to know the theory that thinks it's best for the NBA to have the Canadian team in the final.
It's not Milwaukee a city not known for being a big market. Also if the Raptors are in Toronto most of the country (Canada) is watching as many Canadiens out Central and western parts of the country have adopted them as their team and travel yearly to watch 1-2 games in Toronto. That's more eyes then Milwaukee could give the NBA. 

Wasn't saying he should have stayed in OKC, it was meant to say he could have gone anywhere else and not faced the backlash he has for going to Golden State.
I agree with that but if my main goal was to win a title and not the money I'd have done the same especially knowing I couldn't beat GS no matter where I went. If you can't beat em join em. Yeah people hate him for going there but then lets go with the opposite and say he left for the Money going else where crowd comes into play. He's in a lose lose situation because like I said there's a lot of people who think Russel Westbrook can do no wrong. 

I agree with that but if my main goal was to win a title and not the money I'd have done the same especially knowing I couldn't beat GS no matter where I went. If you can't beat em join em. Yeah people hate him for going there but then lets go with the opposite and say he left for the Money going else where crowd comes into play. He's in a lose lose situation because like I said there's a lot of people who think Russel Westbrook can do no wrong. 
Therein lies the rub.

LeBron had just done it, coming back from 3-1.  He may not have been able to do it with Westbrook & Ibaka (if only they had paid Harden!!), but going to Golden State was seen by many as surrendering.  Not a lot of glory or honor in joining up with the frontrunner.  It is why people hate bandwagon fans and love Rocky/Rudy/Hoosiers.

Durant, curry, harden, ad, kawhi, lebron, giannis, lillard.  That is 8.

Embiid and jokic.  Then green.
Looks like the voters disagree with us.

Klay not making any of the All-NBA teams is a joke. And these "votes" are going to cost him $27M and a supermax contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe Kawhi Leonard was placed on the All-NBA Second Team.
It's because he only played 60 games. For comparison, the much maligned Joel Embiid played 64 games. 

Though I guess something could be said about load management. The team got a 2 seed with him resting that much and now he looks absolutely dominant in the post season because he's played 20 less games than a lot of guys. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread