What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (3 Viewers)

I'm relaxed but excited. I hope we establish a lead and don't look back. This Eagles team will be ready and it will take an amazing game from Mahomes to beat us.

Eagles - 38
Chiefs - 23

Really struggling to figure out what to do with myself for the next few hours.
haha same. I'm avoiding all the pre-game stuff on tv, I can't handle it. Was going to watch alone in my living room this year but I think I need to be around people so just killing time cleaning my house until I go to my buddy's party.

If Eagles win:

*Lurie tries to pass the Lombardi to Jalen on the post-game stage*

Jalen: “Nah, I didn’t come here for just one.”

*Jalen walks off to the locker room to squeeze in 1,000 squats while the rest of the team parties*

Halftime thoughts:

Eagles have been fantastic on offense. KC has only one offensive score but that's misleading as the Philly O has had long drives and KC scored on a bizarre fumble return.

Hurts, other then the weird fumble, has looked pretty darn good.

Mixed feelings on Mahomes ankle tweak> On the one hand, limiting his scrambling would be a HUGE plus for the Eagles. OTOH, not sure I wanna hear all the haters for the next 6 months saying Eagles only won because of hurting opposing QB's. Wasn't a hard hit or dirty hit at all either, and if he weren't already nursing a sore ankle probably wouldn't have hurt him at all.

Overall, about as good as could be (reasonably) expected.

OH...and that AJ Brown TD was a thing of beauty. Rookie DB had good coverage but got absolutely schooled by a top notch receiver with that false step late. I could watch that play 1000X

Halftime thoughts:

Eagles have been fantastic on offense. KC has only one offensive score but that's misleading as the Philly O has had long drives and KC scored on a bizarre fumble return.

Mixed feelings on Mahomes ankle tweak> On the one hand, limiting his scrambling would be a HUGE plus for the Eagles. OTOH, not sure I wanna hear all the haters for the next 6 months saying Eagles only won because of hurting opposing QB's. Wasn't a hard hit or dirty hit at all either, and if he weren't already nursing a sore ankle probably wouldn't have hurt him at all.

Overall, about as good as could be (reasonably) expected
Eagles were already winning when Mahomes tweaked his ankle.

Halftime thoughts:

Overall, about as good as could be (reasonably) expected
Eagles were already winning when Mahomes tweaked his ankle.
Absolutely. Were already up 7, getting the ball back, and the KC O only had one score. But the ready made excuse is there

Just remember the Eagles Defense has only given up 28 PTS tonight. Offense gifted them a fumble 7. Thats at very least 1O pt swing

If we were gonna lose a SB at least it had to be to Andy Reid. Congrats big guy. Refs didn’t blow this eagles just didn’t make plays, had some poor timed penalties and lost the TO battle

Gotta give it up. Chiefs played awesome in second half and Eagles never did get significant pressure on Mahomes. hated that holding call....technically correct but you can't flag that late in a SUperBowl, particularly since it had zero impact on the play....but refs didn't cost Eagles the game. The failure to stop the KC offense even once in the second half cost the Eagles the game

Hate to see that flag decide the game. Refs hadn’t been involved all night.

Feel for you guys. Great season.
Nah.....not happy about it but the inability to stop them even once in the second half cost them the game. The four man front clearly wasn't getting home, bend don't break wasn't going to work against KC....needed to take some more chances second half

Clark Hunts father is a pretty popular guy in American Soccer. He invented the biggest American Soccer tournament for US soccer leagues in the Lamar Hunt Open Cup. The Union have played in 2 of those finals

Just remember the Eagles Defense has only given up 28 PTS tonight. Offense gifted them a fumble 7. Thats at very least 1O pt swing
Go celebrate in the KC thread.

Hurts gifted them 7 its its beyond me how you guys can't even admit that in here. His TO was one of the key big plays of this game. Yes he played well but you can't deny that was a huge mistake and turning point of this game.

Yes the defense was an issue but it was more than just the defense. Team loss

Go celebrate in the KC thread.

Hurts gifted them 7 its its beyond me how you guys can't even admit that in here. His TO was one of the key big plays of this game. Yes he played well but you can't deny that was a huge mistake and turning point of this game.
Go away

Per Scheftar

Eagles play the Chiefs in Kansas City during the 2023 regular season, so the NFL could opt for a Super Bowl LVII rematch in the Thursday night opener.

Good year, Eagles fans. Bad call at the end. The Eagles played great on offense tonight, but got beat by a team led by a guy that might be the GOAT at QB when it's all said and done.

Maybe a tougher schedule next year will prepare the Eagles for the Super Bowl.
Take your stinky bait back to your garbage Panthers thread or whatever your team is that hasn’t played in months. 😂

He roots for a team who's QB couldn't jump on a fumble and would always throw teammates under the bus when they lost so you got the team correct. Not sure why you guys just don't ignore some of these guys.

Users who are viewing this thread