What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: “this team is really good” a terrified Minnesota fan mumbles to himself (37 Viewers)

10 years ago I would have agreed and laughed. Today that type of post is significantly less humorous.

Some fans need to get a grip. Yes, the Pistons are horrible. So what? They weren't winning the title this season and their roster composition has been pathetic. If nothing else, this type of embarrassment only makes the need for some changes more obvious.

The new, highly paid, head coach isn't going anywhere. Neither is Cade Cunningham. Everything else should be on the table. Start with Bogdanovic (vet w/value) and Ivey (because they clearly don't view him highly anymore) and see where to go from there.

i mean....I'm sure it some sort of "its not the manly thing to do" thing....but i have no idea why every NBA player doesn't just bank some of their stuff (for when they actually WANT to have kids some day) and get snipped the day they enter the draft (if not earlier)

If you're gonna go dragging the bottom of the instagram "model" barrel....just make sure you're shooting blanks (instead of relying on your negotiating skills after the fact.

Agents/managers/the teams just aren't doing their job here if they're not STRONGLY recommending this.

i mean....I'm sure it some sort of "its not the manly thing to do" thing....but i have no idea why every NBA player doesn't just bank some of their stuff (for when they actually WANT to have kids some day) and get snipped the day they enter the draft (if not earlier)

If you're gonna go dragging the bottom of the instagram "model" barrel....just make sure you're shooting blanks (instead of relying on your negotiating skills after the fact.

Agents/managers/the teams just aren't doing their job here if they're not STRONGLY recommending this.

Would you have gotten snipped at 22-23?

Cheaper and easier to wear a condom but knuckleheads gonna knuckle. Forget pregnancy; why risk contracting diseases?

Would you have gotten snipped at 22-23?

Cheaper and easier to wear a condom but knuckleheads gonna knuckle. Forget pregnancy; why risk contracting diseases?

As Me? Of course not.

As someone with 50 million dollars (with hundreds of millions more on the way) and an endless supply of women willing to sleep with me in hopes of snagging some of that for themselves.....I sure as hell would have.

Why would you not take every possible precaution to make sure you dont end up writing checks to some rando for the next 20+ years (plus....ya know...having a kid that you're unlikely to have a full time meaningful relationship with) It just seems insane to me. Bank some for later, block the pipes, have kids when you're retired at 40 with someone you actually like. Just follow the Derek Jeter plan. Send them home with a $50 gift basket....not a winnning lottery ticket.

And yeah.....condoms as well.

Bulls go into Miami and win.

Coby White's playing at an All Star level right now. Bulls so much more fun to watch w/o Zach Iso-vine. Ball movement and defense (y) Big game for Ayo tonight

Bulls 5-2 since Lavine was erased from the lineup.
Suddenly Coby has the highest trade value on the team.
Yep. He's a bargain in what I believe is his first year of new deal. He's playing at an extremely high level right now. He likely won't be but he should be an All Star if they just keep Lavine TF out.

Nice win by the Bulls in Philly. They've had a tough schedule and nice wins since Lavine's been out.

Coby White's playing at an All Star level right now. Bulls so much more fun to watch w/o Zach Iso-vine. Ball movement and defense (y) Big game for Ayo tonight

Yep. He's a bargain in what I believe is his first year of new deal. He's playing at an extremely high level right now. He likely won't be but he should be an All Star if they just keep Lavine TF out.

Nice win by the Bulls in Philly.
The likelihood that the Bulls trade all their vets and rebuild has gone down to zero.

Nice win by the Bulls in Philly. They've had a tough schedule and nice wins since Lavine's been out.
No chance. There are at least 6 more deserving point guards

Haliburton, Dame, Mitchell, Maxey, Brunson, Derrick White, Trae

Nice win by the Bulls in Philly.
The likelihood that the Bulls trade all their vets and rebuild has gone down to zero.
Agreed. I would definitely deal at least one of DeRozan or Lavine. The former obviously gonna be easier to move.

This absolutely is and should be Coby's team whether it's part of current group or a tear down

Wemby is sitting out tonight. Not the first time I’ve bought tickets to see one player and got burned. I’m starting to think playing in Milwaukee is a popular load management night for opposing big men. Still looking forward to a night at the arena.

Wemby is sitting out tonight. Not the first time I’ve bought tickets to see one player and got burned. I’m starting to think playing in Milwaukee is a popular load management night for opposing big men. Still looking forward to a night at the arena.
Same here. Was going to go to the game tonight. Passed after seeing Wemby was out.

Same here. Was going to go to the game tonight. Passed after seeing Wemby was out.
Bummed out for y'all. That sucks.

Ja's back!! ❤️

This Memphis Grizzlies squad still has some real issues, but Ja Morant absolutely put the squad on his back tonight. Road win with a mix of spectacular plays and a game-winner to boot. Wow.
@)**)JD)_J*S)DH*AS Made me sick. Felt it coming as the third quarter wound down. We were terrible at holding leads last year, and had improved some. Still have now 7 games that we've lost when leading by double digits this year. Nothing pisses me off more that Ja, of all people, winning this game. I want to punch him in his smug gun-carrying face. :censored: That said, this is less about him and more about our habit of losing big leads in the second half. IDK WTF we are doing but it's difficult to watch.

Ja's back!! ❤️

This Memphis Grizzlies squad still has some real issues, but Ja Morant absolutely put the squad on his back tonight. Road win with a mix of spectacular plays and a game-winner to boot. Wow.
That was really cool

Celtics struggling down the stretch and in danger after dominating the Warriors all game.

They are just so much weaker when any of their top 6 guys are out. Missing Porzingis tonight.

Djjddjdheheheheyeydhdh!!&!&&^#^#

Why in the holy hell did Tatum stop his drive to shoot a contested 3.

ALL YOU NEED IS 1 DAMN POINT. THE ADDITIONAL PT IS NOT WORTH THE DROP IN %!!!

I am so sick of NBA players getting this wrong and taking poor 3s in tied games.

Figures.

Celtics puke their way to another road loss. Ruined a great game by White with very poor late game management.

0-3 in OT.

:lmao:

:shrug:

There counting stats are real close

DW - 16/4/5 42% from three
CW - 17.5/4/5 42% from three

One guy is on the team with the best record in the NBA and is likely a first team all defender. The other guy is on the Bulls

One guy is on the team with the best record in the NBA and is likely a first team all defender. The other guy is on the Bulls

I’m laughing at either of them being anywhere close to the all-star game. I think they are both down the list quite a bit.

I’m laughing at either of them being anywhere close to the all-star game. I think they are both down the list quite a bit.
Oh I agree then :hifive:

Derrick White is really good, but he is the 4th offensive option on his own team (behind Tatum, Brown & Porzingis).

Figures.

Celtics puke their way to another road loss. Ruined a great game by White with very poor late game management.

0-3 in OT.
they're 20-6 and the #1 seed in the East

@Frostillicus 's Twolves are a half game better at 20-5

Celtics are probably OK. step back from the ledge.

No kidding. Let's leave the ledge open for Suns' fans! Those guys sure were cocky and arrogant early in the season and now? Nary a peep. If you can't beat the Blazers, I'm not sure how you'll be able to stay with Denver and the rest of the West.

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread