What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Kawhi introduces playoff load management (31 Viewers)

Some fun career Jokic playoff stats:
  • Averages 27.5 pts, 12.2 rebs and 7.3 asts per game in his career. Unsurprisingly, nobody can match those for their career, but only two other players have ever matched that for a single playoffs - Oscar Robertson and Russell Westbrook (in a single series playoff run).
  • Averages .531 FG%, .412 3PT%, .827 FT% - the only player in NBA history with those numbers and at least 36 threes attempted (side note - Moses Moody in the club with 35 threes attempted... Jokic has attempted 308).
  • #1 all-time playoff PER, #3 all-time playoff WS/48 (Jordan and Mikan), #2 all time BPM (Jordan).
  • He had 5.0 win shares in last year's playoffs (in 20 games). That is the same amount that All-NBAer Jaylen Brown had all regular season last year, more than All-Star Paul George, and more than Draymond Green (and 3 of the other 9 All-Defense players).

This offseason we should dy o a draft of current players with no salary cap. I would like to see us nerds build teams based solely on the player with no salary component. I'm watching Luka right now and wondering how I would want to build around him compared to Ant and what not.

@Yo Mama
20 man rosters.
I like the salary component, but am fine doing a draft without it if that’s what the people want. Democracy!
I prefer the salary component as I think it makes it more difficult and interesting. I'd be willing to do two though.

When
I love that people in here are advocating for coaches to storm the court and yell at the officials to get a time out. This thread really is something "special"
Officials have their eyes on the play, not on the coach. He's gotta do something more demonstrative than whatever that weak *** attempt was

You also think one of their vets would have had enough sense to call a TO on the floor. This isn't exactly a young team new to the playoffs like Orlando or something. Philly blew that game, not the refs.
When Maxey went to the floor, multiple Philly players were yelling time out.

You could say that literally about any game where a team lost. It could have been the worst call in the entire world (these weren't) and you could say a team never should have put themselves in that situation. I disagree with all the "well if Joel rebounded it, well if Nurse was a bit more aggressive with his arms, if if if if".. Imagine a wild pitch in baseball being somehow called a strike when the game is on the line... you could just as easily say "well if the didn't make that error in the 1st inning it wouldn't matter"

So yes, Philly "blew the game"... but the refs also made THREE mistakes (per the NBA official report), in THREE seconds, all of which drastically hurt Philly and they likely win the game if ANY of those 3 calls are properly made.

This thread has made me a Knicks fan. At least for this series.

At the end of the day, if Joel Embiid is the guy who won't let his team lose, he gets the rebound of the missed 3 there anyway and the whole thing is moot.

Officials have their eyes on the play, not on the coach. He's gotta do something more demonstrative than whatever that weak *** attempt was

someone set up us a separate "Arguing about playoff minutiae" thread

Meh, we only need it for probably 2-3 more games.

I think I am going to bet 100 on the 76ers to win the series at + 350. If the Knicks win I am happy, if the 76ers win the 250 dollar profit should be able to buy me enough booze to last the rest of the playoffs. I hope.
I love how the NBA officially comes out with a report that the refs screwed up/missed 3 calls in 3 seconds (all against Philly) on the most important play of the game, and people in here are so dug in on their "anyone but Philly" that they can't even acknowledge that. The only real responses to the nba report are "oh but they shoulda", "nah it was too close to call", etc. Wild.

This thread has made me a Knicks fan. At least for this series.

At the end of the day, if Joel Embiid is the guy who won't let his team lose, he gets the rebound of the missed 3 there anyway and the whole thing is moot.

someone set up us a separate "Arguing about playoff minutiae" thread

Meh, we only need it for probably 2-3 more games.

I think I am going to bet 100 on the 76ers to win the series at + 350. If the Knicks win I am happy, if the 76ers win the 250 dollar profit should be able to buy me enough booze to last the rest of the playoffs. I hope.
I love how the NBA officially comes out with a report that the refs screwed up/missed 3 calls in 3 seconds (all against Philly) on the most important play of the game, and people in here are so dug in on their "anyone but Philly" that they can't even acknowledge that. The only real responses to the nba report are "oh but they shoulda", "nah it was too close to call", etc. Wild.

We have moved on. 76ers blew the game. Blaming the refs is weak. This why it is anyone but Philly.

We have moved on. 76ers blew the game. Blaming the refs is weak. This why it is anyone but Philly.
Nah, you've been 'everyone but philly' forever.

It's not weak when the NBA agrees that they blew 3 calls in 3 seconds. If this happened to any other team the response would be much different. But okay.

Nah, you've been 'everyone but philly' forever.

It's not weak when the NBA agrees that they blew 3 calls in 3 seconds. If this happened to any other team the response would be much different. But okay.

I make fun of Laker fans too for it, and Heat fans. You guys aren't special, you just whine way more than they other fan bases in my experience, especially considering you are supposed to be a blue collar tough crowd.

If the Pistons get good (not likely) and do the same crap I will be the first person off bandwagon.

Finally time to post today (I know we all love Mavs updates) and today I want to focus on Kyrie and Luka setting the defensive tone.

Kyrie is a freaking assassin if you don’t put zip on a swing or entry pass. If it is coming soft to a hand he dips under the guy and pokes it away for a one man fast break. Loose handle, same thing. And he BODIED Harden a couple times. It’s amazing how much of a leader he has been given how it was pre Dallas for him.

Luka had a sequence I loved last night. For a few possessions straight he just locked up Paul George and Kawhi 1:1. Then there’s this play where Harden sets a pick for one of them (or maybe George set it for Harden?) and he ended up switched onto one of them and Derrick Jones Jr ran over to double, left Harden wide open, and they made the pass and he hit a three. Luka was PISSED. Like extremely angry. You could read him saying I don’t need a ****ing double I don’t need help don’t leave your guy. It was fire-y and awesome.

I checked the stats later - The Clippers big three wings were 2/17 from the floor isolating against Luka Doncic.

I was out and about... what happened with Porzingis? He had a -55.2 net rating (-32+/- for the game) in 30 minutes.

If I were a Celtics fan, I still wouldn't be worried about this series, necessarily, but I would be worried that the team was kinda trash offensively, especially in the 4th... again.

>>In August 2022, researchers at Yale invented a fluid that, pumped into dead pigs’ bodies, brought their organs back to life—a kind of “zombie” liquid. Almost nobody talks about this medical breakthrough anymore. And no organizations use it.

Except for one. The Miami Heat.

To be clear, the zombie fluid thing is real.Whether or not Caleb Martin's gatorade is spiked with it I can't actually say<<

Lol.

I was out and about... what happened with Porzingis? He had a -55.2 net rating (-32+/- for the game) in 30 minutes.

If I were a Celtics fan, I still wouldn't be worried about this series, necessarily, but I would be worried that the team was kinda trash offensively, especially in the 4th... again.
The Heat have a way of making teams look like trash with their old school way of actually playing defense.

Spo is a fantastic coach and gets the most outta his players. Heat was down two key guys and stole a road game.

Now I don’t expect the Heat to win this series…..but Boston would have liked to play anyone but us in round one.

Users who are viewing this thread