What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

Preliminary estimate based on injuries/backups/byes as known of today is that 30% of roosters will be playing with $78+ dead money. Median is $63 (mean is $64). 10% of roosters will have $100+ dead money.

I'm currently looking at $51 dead money (McCaffrey + Waller) which puts me at the 67th percentile in terms of "least dead money this week", which seems a pretty decent place to start the week.

----

Updating this, I added one more category of Dead Money, which are guys who are "barely" playing... I guess technically not dead money, but mostly dead money. ("I'm not dead yet!" "Meh, you will be soon..."). These are guys who are putting up minimal points at non-K/D positions and haven't shown any signs of late that they have a chance to meaningfully contribute to a team's score in week 9.

Some of the wider-owned examples include Tank Bigsby, Van Jefferson, Juwan Johnson, Dalvin Cook, my own Isaiah Hodgins, and Elijah Mitchell. Average is $13 per team in this category.

Updated to include these guys 30% of roosters will be playing with $91+ (mostly) dead money. Median is $76 (mean is $77). 10% of roosters will have $114+ (mostly) dead money. I'm at $57, which is 74th percentile for "least dead money this week". Feeling good about that.
Not as good as jonbruin (#109202) should be feeling. As far as I can tell, they are the only surviving team in the contest with $0 in dead money this week. And that's with a very conservative view of dead money: I'm not counting guys on practice squads or backup QBs as dead or "barely scoring" guys as dead, for instance.
Yeah, I've got him with $16 in the "Barely" category, but that's it for this week. Next week he's got an additional $85 on bye (assuming he advances).

Haha, I'm out of the loop. I didn't realize that Michael Wilson was out and Josh Palmer got put on IR. So I've definitely got a 0 at 2nd RB and 0 at 2nd Flex no matter what.

Why did I think Skyy Moore was a bargain?
I remember that Skyy Moore was hyped in the pre-season as the possible WR1 in KC. I looked at him, but didn't go there. But in reality, no WR has stood out in KC so far this year. After giving Kelce his share, Mahomes has been spreading the ball around about equally to everyone else. No real value in any of the KC wide receivers.

So far this looks primed to be a low-scoring week all-around, but it's early. Sad to check the rules and see that I only get 1 point (sack) for Atlanta's safety (unless they count it as a turnover, which I suppose it is in addition to the 2 real-life points that are scored, but then again a failed 4th down conversion is a turnover as well and I don't think we get points for that either).

So far this looks primed to be a low-scoring week all-around, but it's early. Sad to check the rules and see that I only get 1 point (sack) for Atlanta's safety (unless they count it as a turnover, which I suppose it is in addition to the 2 real-life points that are scored, but then again a failed 4th down conversion is a turnover as well and I don't think we get points for that either).
Not to mention they had a fumble recovery where they were about a yard short of a return TD... and then my Falcons still only got 3 points out of it...

Haha, I'm out of the loop. I didn't realize that Michael Wilson was out and Josh Palmer got put on IR. So I've definitely got a 0 at 2nd RB and 0 at 2nd Flex no matter what.
WIlson out leaves me with 1 RB, 3 WRs and 3 TEs. Everybody has to count and counter my 0 at RB2.

Hurts (-13.9)
Mixon/Moss (-2.2/2.4)
Goedert/Ferguson (-0/2.2)
Chargers (-0)

Expectation is 130+ with a 110-115 cut line.

TANK DELL to the rescue! ... may be too little too late...?

123.25 with remaining players: (Mixon and J. Cook -4.7), (Kincaid & Hurst -2.4 & 1.9 for flex), (Dicker - 6), (Carolina - 8)

Fingers crossed 🤞 for a low cut line ..

Last edited:
Love Otton and Tank trading big plays at the end of that game, huge help since I am getting virtually nothing at all from my RBs. Looks like it saved the day for me.

After 1pm:
131.40 + (Burrow - 15.90) + (Gainwell/C Evans - 0.00/2.20) + (Chase/A Pierce - 6.60/15.60/16.90) + (Kincaid - 6.60/15.60/28.10) + (Chargers - 8.00)

-QG

I think I'm at 90.8 but still with all of Justin Herbert, Austin Ekeler, and Ja'Marr Chase to go... and anything additional that Turd Ferguson can tack onto his score here in the 4th quarter.

It looks like we're not going to get a 1pm cut line this week.
This same thing happened back in week 2, and we did not get a cut line until after the conclusion of the 4pm games, and those games were included.

With Gainwell putting in a respectable 8.8 and Alec Pierce of course doing squat here's where things are at for me after 4pm per Quizzomatic:

140.20 + (Burrow - 13.90) + (Evans - 2.20) + (Chase/Kincaid - 6.60/15.60) + (Chargers - 8.00)

Good luck to those sweating The Turk!
-QG

Yep, I'm at 81.1 with all of G. Wilson and Greg the Leg left... I think this is one week longer than I lasted last year, maybe I'll make it to double-digit weeks in my 3rd season of this contest next year!

I might actually survive this nightmare. 124 with Dicker (-6), Charger D (-3) and Kincaid (-0). My young gun TE squad of Kincaid, Musgrave, Ferguson (and the absent LaPorta) giving me a chance.

I’m shocked that I’m in decent shape. God bless low scoring weeks. Currently 25 over the cut with Mixon/Shakir (6.20, 8.80) and LAC (2). I’ll sleep better with a good game from Mixon.

Users who are viewing this thread