What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 In-Season Catchall Thread (3 Viewers)

Want to hear more info on Pace, is he worth scooping up now? And the S for Eagles, cant recall name, but had good numbers yesterday, is he the real deal?

Neither were listed as starters in the gamebook but it sure looks like the blurb you saw on Pace was correct.

Blankenship is the Eagles S. I had him on a few rosters... up until final cuts. He was expected to start but the rookie they drafted muddied the waters.

Does anyone see safety snap location breakdowns anywhere free? Woellert put some out on Twitter, but I'd love to see more.

LB disappointments:
  • Asamoah 3% of snaps
  • N.Dean injured
  • Jamin Davis 65
  • Long 21
LB meh:
  • McFadden 74
  • JOK 75
  • Rozeboom 67
  • Gibbens 65
LB surprises or confirmation of hopes:
  • Pace 68
  • Barton 100
  • Cunningham 88
  • Perryman 95
  • K.Murray 90
  • Pratt 89
  • Kwon Alexander 69
  • Bentley 100
  • Anzalone 100
  • Singleton 100
  • C.Elliss - now LB2 while Dean is out.

For safeties, has anyone seen a good multiplier for how much more valuable a box snap is compared to a deep snap? Thinking of mathing up an expected points list - hard to weigh Marcus Maye with 100% of snaps (11% in box) vs. Josh Metellus 83% snaps (52% box).

that is a great source of info
It’s incredible. I think it’s only free for week 1 (was last year anyway).
Do you know how much it was to get? I might open up the billfold for that type of info

that is a great source of info
It’s incredible. I think it’s only free for week 1 (was last year anyway).
Do you know how much it was to get? I might open up the billfold for that type of info
No, but I really knew Arizona well last season because it was above the pay line :-)

Philly LB room in flux.

Nakobe Dean has a foot injury, going on IR. They brought Nicholas Morrow back, and added Rashaan Evans to the practice squad. Zach Cunningham is #1 LB, and he just got here on the Myles Jack 2-for-1 coupon. Christian Ellis is in the mix for now, and probably will line up as a starter in practice.

Might be a 3 down role up for grabs here. I actually think I am gonna make a play for Rashaan Evans. I think he's probably a lesser athlete, but better linebacker, than Morrow. 80% snap share seems like unlikely for any of these guys, but I dunno. The vet tackling machine stepping into the playoff team just feels right. Think like a coach. You are trying to win a ring, you need to limit mistakes. In the snow, against San Fran, you want Rashaan Evans or Christian Ellis?

Here's my current weekly early-week reading list. Some don't have a waiver article up yet, but had them last year - basically anyone below Pomazal:

I'm going in on Pace, Bernard, Alexander and Pratt in that order to replace Dean, and maybe even longer when Dean is back. Wasnt too happy with Damone Clark's game sunday night.

Also threw a bid in on Cisco, Blankenship and Gilman at DB, just looking for a possible upgrade/depth there.

Safeties with >90% snaps and >30% in the box in week 1:
Grant
Poyer
Hyde (!)
Bell
Brisker
Scott
Delpit
Simmons
Joseph
Murray
Blackmon
Jenkins
Reid
Moehrig
Fuller
James
H.Smith
Dugger
McKinney
Pinnock
Love
Curl

ETA: Hooker 83/35 but left early, Kearse 75/43 but a total blowout)

Is Drue Tranquill an easy drop? He was a great producer for me last year but week 1 he was 4th among KC LBers in snaps. That doesn't look good.

Not sure where to ask this, but which one of these 5 DE’s would you like best in DYNASTY:

Rashan Gary
Carl Granderson
Drake London
Azeez Ojulari
Jermaine Johnson

I have Maxx Crosby, Aiden Hutchinson and Jaelan Phillips, so this last guy won’t have to play immediately other than byes and injury fill ins. We start 2 DL’s.

Thanks

Last edited:
Not sure where to ask this, but which one of these 5 DE’s would you like best in DYNASTY:

Rashan Gary
Carl Granderson
Drake London
Azeez Ojulari
Jermaine Johnson

I have Maxx Crosby, Aiden Hutchinson and Jaelan Phillips, so this last guy won’t have to play immediately other than byes and injury fill ins. We start 2 DL’s.

Thanks
I would rank them this way for dynasty:

1. Johnson - he was dominate adn was all over the place. Also played significantly which puts him over Jackson for me.
  2. Jackson - Only downer is snap percentage which should go up over time. It's close with Johnson for me. 1A & 1B
  3. Ojulari - Very efficient so far. Could be Gary here but Gary coming off ACL
  4. Granderson - solid week 1 but I haven't seen him much
  5. Gary - Coming off ACL and until he proves he's back I would put him lowest.

Brown would be a good add (if roster room) to see how it goes. Blankenship looks like the real deal but Brown could see more snaps by virtue of more 3 safety looks due to the their current LB situation.

Lineups.com doesn't have D snap counts. Are they just not doing it at all this season? I don't see any info that they are trying to monetize it and the O side is there and still free. Anyone know what's up there?

Here's my current weekly early-week reading list. Some don't have a waiver article up yet, but had them last year - basically anyone below Pomazal:
Looks like Fantasy in Frames has an author-independent landing spot now. First couple of weeks were written by Jorge Edwards.

Mitchell Blatt did put up an article.

IDPBaumer seems to be posting his on Twitter now rather than at Dynasty Nerds.

Looks like King Fantasy Sports isn't running a waiver wire article this year.

Rashan Gary
Carl Granderson
Drake London
Azeez Ojulari
Jermaine Johnson

Thanks
I have Maxx and Phillips too, and recently added Johnson and cut Gary.

Thing about Drake Jackson is we don't know when he will get more snaps. And with 2 DL starters, and the oversupply of DL since all the 3-4 OLB became DE, you don't really need to hold a guy not getting all the work.

I say that while being a Drake Jackson fan, I have him almost everywhere.

Whats the play with Reddick now?

Two duds to start the season, is this just the new defensive co-ordinator changing things up and making the pass rush less potent.

I'm thinking of cutting him for Greenard/Drake as I already have Paye, Phillips and Johnson and he isn't going near my lineup for the forseeable future.

I guess i can cross Brown off my list.

I had Pace last night, and I kept reading how awesome he is going to be, decent stat line last night 5/3/.5, but it just looks like he gets blown up by anyone blocking him, gets tossed backwards. I supposed thats why Flores has him shooting gaps on every play, ususally out of place to make a tackle tho, and then catches onto a leg as the RB is 5 yards downfield. IDK, just doesnt seem like a long term option. Maybe he will develop in time.

I had Pace last night, and I kept reading how awesome he is going to be, decent stat line last night 5/3/.5, but it just looks like he gets blown up by anyone blocking him, gets tossed backwards. I supposed thats why Flores has him shooting gaps on every play, ususally out of place to make a tackle tho, and then catches onto a leg as the RB is 5 yards downfield. IDK, just doesnt seem like a long term option. Maybe he will develop in time.
Yep, it's fair to wonder if he's going to be here three years from now. Maybe this says more about Asamoah.

I definitely did not account for the edge change this year. Ooh I knew it was great for the guys that went to DE.

But it never occurred to me how picked clean LB is now. In my deep dynasty league, the waiver wire looks like WhoVille after the Grinch got through with them.

My rookie drafts next year, will see LBs going early, I have no doubt. Someone just traded me Miles Sanders and a 3rd for Foyesade.

I definitely did not account for the edge change this year. Ooh I knew it was great for the guys that went to DE.

But it never occurred to me how picked clean LB is now. In my deep dynasty league, the waiver wire looks like WhoVille after the Grinch got through with them.

My rookie drafts next year, will see LBs going early, I have no doubt. Someone just traded me Miles Sanders and a 3rd for Foyesade.
Can’t believe you took that. My 15 team league with 2 pts per tackle has 9 teams starting 3. Big deficit right now. Top LB > middle of the road RB.

I think there were opportunities to leverage this in 23 rookie drafts, but there will be over corrections in 24 drafts. Ultimately, 3rd round LB's aren't high probability hits to earn 80+% roles. They were worth the gambles at market rates before this year and the market didn't correct this year, but if/when they suddenly start going for early-mid 2nd's next year then more valuable players elsewhere will fall.

My one important takeaway from all this is I'm no longer trading from my LB depth when I get it as it will be a lot more difficult to find effective bandaids on waivers.

Can’t believe you took that. My 15 team league with 2 pts per tackle has 9 teams starting 3. Big deficit right now. Top LB > middle of the road RB.
I have a lot of LBs, and I put in more IDP work than most leaguemates, so I can trade him. But yea, not a slam dunk.

Slow to the game this week and haven't really reviewed this thoroughly. Just browsing quick to confirm my bias on any given roster. :)

SEA CB Coby Bryant is noted in this as a safety (presumably nickel CB / 3rd S role?) which could be very valuable. 79% week 1 actually out-snapped their #2 CB Tre Brown in week one.

Still no D snaps on lineups.com. That's tragic. I see nothing noting why or indicating it moved behind a paywall. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whatever I decide, it will probably be wrong :-) . I need a 3rd LB, Dean hurt, Clark stinks, Harris nothingburgers. Added Pace, but not sold on him like many others.

Whatever I decide, it will probably be wrong :-) . I need a 3rd LB, Dean hurt, Clark stinks, Harris nothingburgers. Added Pace, but not sold on him like many others.
Are EJ Speed, Spillane or Anzalone available. They aren't sexy but they are consistent and playing a lot. Speed's snaps have gone up and Leonard seems to not be himself.

Not that he is a sleeper or anything... but Grant Delpit seems to fly under the radar a bit. Love the guy. Is a sure-handed tackler and will make the occasional big play. The injury his rookie year killed some of the buzz on him (and probably his development) but he was a solid DB2 last year and has been a stud DB1 so far this year. Almost single handedly won my week for me this week. I know he will be rostered in most all leagues, but I suggest buying as many shares as you can... if possible. Stock is definitely up.

Users who are viewing this thread