What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 In-Season Catchall Thread (2 Viewers)

Let's look at what they've done, all from Macri's recaps:

Week 1:
PlayerTotal defensive snap shareBlitz rateDefensive line %Box %Deep safety %Slot %
Budda Baker100.0%2.8%1.4%18.3%73.2%7.0%
Jalen Thompson98.6%1.4%0.0%12.9%7.1%78.6%
K'Von Wallace70.4%4.0%0.0%42.0%28.0%30.0%
Andre Chachere4.2%0.0%0.0%66.7%33.3%0.0%

Week 2:
PlayerTotal defensive snap shareBlitz rateDefensive line %Box %Deep safety %Slot %
K'Von Wallace100.0%2.9%4.4%64.7%7.4%22.1%
Jalen Thompson100.0%0.0%1.5%23.5%0.0%72.1%
Andre Chachere92.6%0.0%1.6%11.1%68.3%19.0%

Week 3:
K'Von Wallace100.0%2.5%1.2%58.0%30.9%9.9%
Jalen Thompson98.8%0.0%0.0%28.8%5.0%58.8%
Andre Chachere60.5%6.1%0.0%24.5%61.2%10.2%

Week 4:
K'Von Wallace100.0%0.0%1.8%32.7%50.9%14.5%
Jalen Thompson100.0%0.0%0.0%30.9%18.2%41.8%
Andre Chachere49.1%0.0%7.4%59.3%22.2%7.4%

Week 5:
K'Von Wallace100.0%3.7%0.0%56.1%25.6%17.1%
Andre Chachere96.3%1.3%6.3%19.0%50.6%22.8%
Jalen Thompson42.7%0.0%0.0%20.0%0.0%71.4%
Joey Blount6.1%0.0%0.0%20.0%80.0%0.0%

Week 6:
K'Von Wallace100.0%1.8%3.5%64.9%10.5%19.3%
Andre Chachere100.0%0.0%3.5%14.0%49.1%29.8%
Joey Blount17.5%0.0%0.0%0.0%80.0%20.0%

I'm not sure what to turn that into, but there are clearly decent snaps for 3 players available. I'd guess all three get an almost full-time role, with the weak LBs parade losing snaps to Thompson/Wallace.
Wallace released - Thompson should be back soon I suppose. I was fortunate to get Baker in the lineup this week.
Yeah, that cleared up quickly. I guess we'll see if Thompson steps back in for Chachere.

Holy shizzle there's a slew of trades running up to the deadline. Several on the O side, and several on the IDP side.

WAS trades both DEs, with Sweat to CHI and Young to SF (omg!) for a 2nd & 3rd, respectively.
NYG trades Leonard Williams to SEA.
GB trades Rasul Douglas to BUF (hurting after losing several top CBs)

TEN traded Byard to PHI (last week)

I assume everyone here has young DE they've been stashing. Drake Jackson was one of mine, and boy, trading for Chase Young is a pretty clear message that he might be expendable as a 4th DE. There's so many young pass rushers, I might trade him in for a different model

I assume everyone here has young DE they've been stashing. Drake Jackson was one of mine, and boy, trading for Chase Young is a pretty clear message that he might be expendable as a 4th DE. There's so many young pass rushers, I might trade him in for a different model
I ditched him just this last week. He had a huge week 1 and then has done nothing since. This was the final nail in the coffin.....

Yup, moving on from my shares of Drake as well. Maybe Casey Toohill is worth a shot.

The LB gods hate me. So far I have lost the following for large portions of the year:
  • Troy Anderson (out of the year)
  • Azeez Ojulari (out most of the year): Big play scoring so he has a lot of value when healthy (at least I think so since he is never healthy).
  • Nakobe Dean: finally healthy and big game last week and now hurt again
  • Bolton (out for the year) - traded away for Bernard and Edmunds - now both of those guys are hurt.
  • Bernard (concussion yesterday)
  • Werner: Must be hurt with how bad he is playing
  • Tremaine Edmunds: Knee injury
Ugh. I am going to have roll with Cunningham and Leo Chenel next week at this point.

I will likely pick up one or two guys out of this group:
  • Landman
  • Kwon Alexander or Elandon Roberts (with Holcomb out one might be more consistent but which one?)
  • Dodson: if Bernard is indeed out next week
  • Van Noy: 5 sacks in the last 4 weeks and it's big play scoring so he has value if he keeps it up
  • McDuffie: If Quay Walker is still out
Thoughts on an order? I probably have them as Landman, Dodson, Kwon/Roberts, McDuffie, Van Noy (too boom/bust)

The LB gods hate me. So far I have lost the following for large portions of the year:
  • Troy Anderson (out of the year)
  • Azeez Ojulari (out most of the year): Big play scoring so he has a lot of value when healthy (at least I think so since he is never healthy).
  • Nakobe Dean: finally healthy and big game last week and now hurt again
  • Bolton (out for the year) - traded away for Bernard and Edmunds - now both of those guys are hurt.
  • Bernard (concussion yesterday)
  • Werner: Must be hurt with how bad he is playing
  • Tremaine Edmunds: Knee injury
Ugh. I am going to have roll with Cunningham and Leo Chenel next week at this point.

I will likely pick up one or two guys out of this group:
  • Landman
  • Kwon Alexander or Elandon Roberts (with Holcomb out one might be more consistent but which one?)
  • Dodson: if Bernard is indeed out next week
  • Van Noy: 5 sacks in the last 4 weeks and it's big play scoring so he has value if he keeps it up
  • McDuffie: If Quay Walker is still out
Thoughts on an order? I probably have them as Landman, Dodson, Kwon/Roberts, McDuffie, Van Noy (too boom/bust)
I would rank the same as you Gally...I would think Kwon gets his shot too.

And I know your pain with LB's this week - finally was able to trust Holcomb....then TNF happened so I picked up Dean before KO Sunday...and yea he is hurt again.....I give up!

Gally, I wish I could help you with your LB ranking but my league isn't deep enough that I have a good enough feel, sorry. You've always been willing to help others here. I'd like to return the favor here.

On a different note... I'm certain it is a product of my OCD... but does it bother anyone else that in the 5-second Primer and League Dominator they've switched the position rank order from the traditional DL, LB, DB to LB, DL, DB?

Let me begin by saying this makes no difference in the end. And is the epitome of not a big deal. But it is just out of order from the FBG's norm and the industry norm, in general. And while it doesn't bother me that much, really. It is mildly annoying. I might add that I am certain it ended up that way not because it was thought out to be the better way to do it, but instead by happenstance due to the omission of the LB position ranking in the 5-second Primer altogether at the beginning of the season when they updated the rankings interface. I reached out then to notify FBG's that they were missing the LB position in the 5-second Primer and they had to go back in and add LB back. I'm sure they didn't give a second thought to the order when they did.

The smallest of small things... but I wish they'd correct the order back to DL, LB, DB to be consistent. I'm probably alone on this... but in case I'm not.

On a different note... I'm certain it is a product of my OCD... but does it bother anyone else that in the 5-second Primer and League Dominator they've switched the position rank order from the traditional DL, LB, DB to LB, DL, DB?
My 5-second primer has DL - LB - DB. Maybe re-synch your leagues.

Thanks Tick... thought mine was up to date but I'll give it a try.

ETA - just synched my league again, no different. That is even more strange that it is different for you and I.

On a side note Norton has a typo in his LB projections this week. He has Raiders LB Masterson projected to score 99.58 this week. I would spend a lot of FAAB $ if this were possible.

@John Norton

I am not getting LB at all in my 5-second primer page.

That was what happened to me at the beginning of the season. I had to contact FBG's to get it corrected. After that is when the order was reversed and my projections are LB/DL/DB instead of DL/LB/DB in every other area.

I just submitted a ticket inquiry.

ETA - also just tried a total league synch (not just rosters but all settings) with no luck... LB and DL are still reversed.

That was what happened to me at the beginning of the season. I had to contact FBG's to get it corrected. After that is when the order was reversed and my projections are LB/DL/DB instead of DL/LB/DB in every other area.

I just submitted a ticket inquiry.

ETA - also just tried a total league synch (not just rosters but all settings) with no luck... LB and DL are still reversed.
I generally don't ever use the primer as it doesn't seem to be beneficial in my leagues. Always has some strange outliers that don't make sense so I just stopped going there. I only looked because of your post.

Tick - I just checked my 5-second primer again. I've re-synched all league settings, etc.

In the SUMMARY format the order is DL/LB/DB
In the CLASSIC format the order is LB/DL/DB

If you don't mind taking another look, I'm curious if you switch to the Classic format which order you get?

Thanks

Tick - I just checked my 5-second primer again. I've re-synched all league settings, etc.

If you don't mind taking another look, I'm curious if you switch to the Classic format which order you get?

Thanks
In the app:
  • Summary format: DL-LB-DB-IDPFlex
  • Classic format: LB-IDPFlex-DL-DB. I've never used this format before. I guess I really don't ever use the primer, I always use Matchup because it shows me what I'm currently starting and the primer doesn't.
  • In Matchup Dominator, DL-LB-DB
On the website:
  • Classic format: LB-IDPFlex-DL-DB.
Sill hoping they get IDPs into the waiver tools in MyFBG someday...

Thanks
In the app:
  • Classic format: LB-IDPFlex-DL-DB. I've never used this format before. I guess I really don't ever use the primer, I always use Matchup because it shows me what I'm currently starting and the primer doesn't.
  • In Matchup Dominator, DL-LB-DB
On the website:
  • Classic format: LB-IDPFlex-DL-DB.
Sill hoping they get IDPs into the waiver tools in MyFBG someday...
Thanks... the good news (I guess) is that it sounds like we are getting the same thing. We don't have the IDPFlex spot, but on the website version, our order is the same. DL/LB/DB in the Summary format and LB/DL/DB in the Classic format. Again, odd to me for the order to differ (and frankly an oversight, I am certain).

Completely understand if this bothers no one... but a consistent order to where you look for things makes a difference for me. It may be spectrum related or OCD... but whatever the case, if the order is inconsistent, it feels like more effort to find what I'm looking for. On offense for example, the ranking order is almost always: QB, RB, WR, TE, K... if for some reports it is that way and on others you mixed up the order it would be screwy to me. Again... not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, just saying.

Thanks for taking a look Tick. :thumbup:

PFF IDP:

Waiver wire

• ED James Smith-Williams/Casey Toohill: Toohill and Smith-Williams played sizable roles with Chase Young and Montez Sweat traded away, though they aren’t nearly as competent as Young and Sweat. Both players would be depth pieces and only started in IDP lineups for volume and ideal matchups.
  • LB Kwon Alexander/Elandon Roberts, Pittsburgh Steelers: Alexander became the team’s lead linebacker when Cole Holcomb went down, though he wasn’t efficient in this game. Roberts will also see a slight bump in playing time and has been a very efficient IDP this season (20.0% tackle efficiency). Relying on snaps, though, Alexander should be considered first priority on waiver wires.
  • LB Tyrel Dodson, Buffalo Bills: Dodson would move into more of a full-time role if Terrel Bernard cannot clear the concussion protocol prior to Monday night’s game. Dorian Williams feels more likely to play a part-time role as Buffalo continues to utilize more three-safety looks.
  • LB Isaiah McDuffie, Green Bay Packers: With Quay Walker inactive this week after dealing with an injury in practice late last week, McDuffie stepped back into a starting role and can be trusted in IDP lineups should Walker miss any more time.
  • LB Segun Olubi, Indianapolis Colts: Olubi was the Colts' lone every-down linebacker this week with Zaire Franklin (knee) out of the lineup. Olubi had previously played just nine defensive snaps in the NFL. While he wasn’t particularly productive this week, should Franklin miss any more time, he would be a player to add in most leagues.
  • LB Christian Rozeboom, Los Angeles Rams: Rozeboom can be considered a speculative add for deep leagues because Ernest Jones was unable to play this week due to a knee injury despite working back up to a full-time workload in Week 8. Rozeboom led the Rams linebackers, though not in a full-time role this week. The Rams have a Week 10 bye so it’s possible that Jones is back for Week 11 given the extra week of rest.
  • LB Zach Cunningham/Nicholas Morrow: Both Cunningham and Morrow should be more reliable in IDP lineups if Nakobe Dean misses more time. Without an obvious third linebacker to cut into their playing time, it’s likely that both Cunningham and Morrow will play enough IDP-relevant snaps for as long as Dean is out.
  • S Alex Cook, Carolina Panthers: Cook played his first NFL snaps this week and was a full-time player for the Panthers at safety. He finished second on the team in total tackles (seven) and can be considered for deeper leagues. Sam Franklin was relegated to special teams only this week.
  • Anthony Johnson Jr., Green Bay Packers: Rudy Ford missed this week’s game due to injury, which allowed seventh-round rookie Johnson to get his first NFL start. Johnson had an interception in his debut and would be a deep-league add should Ford miss more time.
  • DeAndre Houston-Carson, Houston Texans: Houston-Carson replaced Jimmie Ward (hamstring) in a full-time role and can have some value in deeper leagues should Ward miss any time.

• LB Kwon Alexander/Elandon Roberts, Pittsburgh Steelers: Alexander became the team’s lead linebacker when Cole Holcomb went down, though he wasn’t efficient in this game. Roberts will also see a slight bump in playing time and has been a very efficient IDP this season (20.0% tackle efficiency). Relying on snaps, though, Alexander should be considered first priority on waiver wires.
  • LB Tyrel Dodson, Buffalo Bills: Dodson would move into more of a full-time role if Terrel Bernard cannot clear the concussion protocol prior to Monday night’s game. Dorian Williams feels more likely to play a part-time role as Buffalo continues to utilize more three-safety looks.
  • LB Isaiah McDuffie, Green Bay Packers: With Quay Walker inactive this week after dealing with an injury in practice late last week, McDuffie stepped back into a starting role and can be trusted in IDP lineups should Walker miss any more time.
Good to see I was on the right track in my thoughts (at least according to these guys). I assume Landman isn't considered on waivers at this point. Not quite sure why he hasn't been scooped up in my league (probably because we are big play scoring so he takes a bit of a hit as just a floor guy). He is LB43 mostly due to only having 1 sack, 1 FF, 1 PD, and only 3 TFL.

I was planning on going after Landman but after looking at those numbers maybe he isn't the best option. Both Dodson and Alexander have more TFL in far less snaps and now have opportunities for more snaps. I think I will put in a bid for Alexander on waivers since Holcomb being out for the year may bring him to the forefront in people's minds and then try and sneak Dodson through after waivers as Bernard insurance for MNF.

Any other thoughts from anybody out there?

I don't play in big-play scoring leagues much (mine tend to be more tackle heavy), but Landman has been pretty consistent/solid if not spectacular. I've also been really happy I grabbed McDuffie earlier this season. Between Campbell and Walker, somebody has been out more often than not, and when given the opportunity, McDuffie has been solid.

That said, Kwon would probably be my top choice on waivers this week, followed by the two I mentioned above. Not comfortable with Dodson... Every week I've guessed he was going to do well, Dorian Williams eats into his production (and vice versa). It's a guessing game in BUF.

Just my two cents.

Not comfortable with Dodson... Every week I've guessed he was going to do well, Dorian Williams eats into his production (and vice versa). It's a guessing game in BUF.
The only reason why Dodson is even a consideration is because I have Bernard. Dodson would be Bernard insurance. He was wearing the green dot on MNF once Bernard went out with the concussion and I would expect him to have it and get Bernard's role should Bernard not get cleared to play.

This allows me to also wait until Monday to see if Bernard gets cleared and if he doesn't be able to plug in Dotson last minute.

Not comfortable with Dodson... Every week I've guessed he was going to do well, Dorian Williams eats into his production (and vice versa). It's a guessing game in BUF.
The only reason why Dodson is even a consideration is because I have Bernard. Dodson would be Bernard insurance. He was wearing the green dot on MNF once Bernard went out with the concussion and I would expect him to have it and get Bernard's role should Bernard not get cleared to play.

This allows me to also wait until Monday to see if Bernard gets cleared and if he doesn't be able to plug in Dotson last minute.
Yeah, I just came back here to say that I take back what I said about Dodson. With Milano out, it was a bit of a guessing game between Dodson and Williams. If Bernard is out as well, Dodson should almost assuredly put up decent numbers.

I did this in my Bernard leagues - picked up Dodson where I could.

Appears Bernard is cleared for tonight as he wasn't listed on the inactive list. Anybody have confirmation?

Anthony Barr back signing in MIN, with Hicks expected to miss a bit of time. Not sure how fantasy "note-worthy" this is (Barr was always a better football LB than FF LB, even in his prime). Not even sure how much he'll actually play. If anything, Hicks' absence will likely put rookie ILB Ivan Pace back on the field more. With Hicks dinged up against NOS, Pace saw 56 snaps, after seeing only 57 in his previous four games COMBINED.

If people didn’t see, Denzel Perryman got the most snaps this week, but just got suspended for 3 games. To’oTo’o is likely to be back from his concussion, so everything’s still a mess there.

LBs are now Mark Robinson, Morrow and Markquese Bell. Sad part is, this is best my roster has looked all season.
I'm down Bolton and with a core of Okereke, Pratt, Landman, Elandon Roberts and To'oTo'o and feel the same. Was starting Bolton over Pratt (at a deficit) when he played so the injury worked in my favor.

Landman owners beware. I just replaced Kwon Alexander who replaced Dean who replaced Anderson. I have no doubt and injury is just waiting to happen.....

Kyzir White out for the year…torn biceps.

Josh Woods and Krys Barnes should benefit, with Woods getting the green dot.

Users who are viewing this thread