What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (4 Viewers)

That 3rd and 15 TD pass to Zaccheaus was very Mahomes-esq. I keep rewatching it. My favorite play of the game.
Don't know if you watched Alabama - Auburn but was very similar to the miracle game winner in the Iron Bowl on Saturday.

I was at the game yesterday and it was a rollercoaster of emotions. I can't remember being so frustrated by the play calling in the first half and the failure to account for Allen on those 3rd and long conversions and TD's. I think at one point the lady that sits in front of us was going to check to make sure I was ok.

It didn't help that it was a ####-show in the Linc with crowds blocking concourses to stay out of the rain before the game and it was a pain in the *** to get anywhere. At halftime, lines were huge and concession stands were running out of food. Not sure I've ever seen that there. It didn't help that they've gotten rid of several of the outdoor concessions I usually hit in the Headhouse Plaza area. I even saw some people heading out the gate and leaving at halftime after that travesty of a last 2:00 of the first half.

Then things started to turn, and we started calling a better game and making some plays. But every time we gained some ground, Allen would make a play to pull away again. His pick was a beauty and turned the whole game around. I felt great about our final drive in regulation until we got to about midfield and things started falling apart with those false start calls. With the weather the way it was, I figured they were going to go for it on 3rd and/or 4th and try to pick up more yards and spike it. No idea what that 3rd and long Jalen draw was in that situation. I thought we were done and I have no idea how Elliot hit that FG. It was into our endzone and I was about ready to walk out before it went through. Closest I can compare was when we were there for 4th & 26 and it felt like we were just waiting for it to be over so we could leave.

More craziness in OT, we lose the toss and BG "It don't matter". ❤️ Allen converting more 3rd and longs :<_<: roughing the passer call :rant:and then after losing the OT coin flip we win the more important coin flip of Allen & Davis guessing the wrong way on the option route to win the game. Of course, we take it the other way and Jalen does Jalen things. :football:

Last edited:
49ers @ Philadelphia Eagles has Vegas setting the line up at Eagles +2.5.

Eagles as a home underdog??? Back the truck up, will be loading up on this one.

I'm sure Vegas knows like we do this is the 49ers Super Bowl. So they will be charged up for sure, but I think it has become pretty apparent since last year that the 49ers team is a bit mentally weak. Eagles are really kind of the opposite, and I think that may matter in this game.

Eagles really need to figure out lane Johnson issue meaning when he’s out we need a capable replacement. Maybe start thinking in terms of back up QB type but with lane older I wouldn’t mind an OT early in the draft especially sandwiched between two DB picks. Or the very least a capable vet back up in FA and draft a guy later Stout can develop. It’s scary how bad this team is or looks when Lane isn’t out there
This is a legit issue and my biggest fear in seasons to come. Driscoll flat out stunk and of course the play calling did him no favors. Curious if Steen can play tackle at either side, otherwise they need to find something in the draft. Free agent tackles are too expensive since they're so hard to find quality ones. We've been spoiled for decades.
He’s also no spring chicken and possible retiring soon as well so we need a replacement either way. Might as well do it noev

To be fair, the team has benefited from a fair amount luck this year, but at the same time, they do a lot of things to keep themselves in a position to benefit from luck.
Not much injury luck
We were bailed out on numerious missed penalty calls too. Two Defensive holding the horse collar as well as late in the game where slay was pretty early on a PD. But given Who slay is just like manning an and Brady’s he was probably getting some leeway there.

I was at the game yesterday and it was a rollercoaster of emotions. I can't remember being so frustrated by the play calling in the first half and the failure to account for Allen on those 3rd and long conversions and TD's. I think at one point the lady that sits in front of us was going to check to make sure I was ok.

It didn't help that it was a ####-show in the Linc with crowds blocking concourses to stay out of the rain before the game and it was a pain in the *** to get anywhere. At halftime, lines were huge and concession stands were running out of food. Not sure I've ever seen that there. It didn't help that they've gotten rid of several of the outdoor concessions I usually hit in the Headhouse Plaza area. I even saw some people heading out the gate and leaving at halftime after that travesty of a last 2:00 of the first half.
Should revoke their rights to buy tickets for at least a year. finding Eagles tickets this year again is a small feat for those of us without season tickets or the usual connects. Leaving at halftime with the way this team has played is really almost inexcusable.

Speaking of which, it really is a fun conversation to figure out which Eagles player SHOULD get the game ball:

Jalen Hurts for 5 TDs and game winning drive? It truly is satisfying when opposing fanbases love to run into Eagles threads and talk about how Hurts is a fraud, etc. Really is so enjoyable and it is a shame most don't stay around until the 2nd half

Devontae Smith with clutch catches?

Jake Elliot for his 60 yarder to send to OT?

James Bradeberry who had that clutch INT to slow the Bills down in the 1st half?

Jordan Davis for putting it all out there running down Allen to make him short of the 1st down?

Jalen Carter with a sack and blocking that FG?

Oz with that clutch TD catch coming cold off the bench?

I even would throw a vote out there for Jack Driscoll. He looked like he was going to get obliterated badly after that 1st drive, and he pulled it together and held his own for the rest of the game. Glad he is the back-up tackle when he can show up like that.

If i had a vote, i would lean into Bradberry. I know he had some plays he was taken advantage of etc., and he has lost a step. But, that INT was so key at that time and changed the momentum significantly. It was the definition of a team win definitely

Yesterday Brandon Graham became the all-time leader in games played as an Eagle, passing David Akers. I predict his record will be broken by Jake Elliott.
BG has quietly become my favorite Eagle behind Dawk.
Crazy to think about given how much of the fanbase steamed that we took him instead of Earl Thomas.
Plus how many times he was almost cut by Chip and then Doug. It's quite a story.

Shaq Lawson pushes eagles fan during game behind the bench

Just saw this on Twitter. Not sure what happened and apparent the bills are looking into the incident. Several Bills players walked up toward the fan in the vip box field seats. Fab got right into Lawsons face with of corse adult beverage In hand. Shaq seems to push him but it doesn’t seem like he got much of it given the fact fan doesn’t go down.

I hate seeing these interactions as players don’t have a right to attack fans but at the sametime there are fans who don’t knows how to handle themselves at a game especially when all liquored up and get way out of line. The appropriate thing here is for them to get team and stadium security involved.

Either fan went way over the line or Shaq is just an idiot. Either way situation can be handled way differently. Also just because you have a ticket doesn’t mean you are entitled to do anything you want that crosses a line if crossed.

Hopefully appropriate action is taken care of. Shaq is at the very least getting a fine if not a game suspension. If the fan was in violation of NFL or Linc fan codes they’ll be getting a nice ban themselves. I haven’t seen video or read anything about the fan being asked to leave or anything like that yet.

that was not smart by him. Some dude talking smack from the crowd probably just cost him some cash and headache
Never should touch a fan but I’ve seen a ton of fans get out of pocket and think they can do whatever. I’ve been to games where fans are heckling at events but there’s a few who after getting their beer muscles for 4-5 hrs go over the line and I can’t type what is said here without getting a timeout.

Like there’s good heckling like we did to Andre Either Dodgers OF at 09 Playoff game Vs the Phillies. We just kept chanting his wife’s name. Late in the game during a warm up between innings he went to over to the main guy gave a kid the ball and told the guy good job.

Then I’ve been at games where fans try giving death threats to guys family including kids. That’s not good heckling that’s just being a **** person who should be going to jail

SF giving 2.5 points to a team that basically never loses, at the Linc is beyond disrespectful. I've had this game circled since the schedule came out. I cannot wait to smash these ****ing whiners.

Vegas has lost their mind with that line. Gonna win by 2 scores
They know exactly what they're doing. Eagles haters will think "Longer break, SF smashing teams, easy money". Eagle fans will hammer Eagles +2.5 all week. The line will probably settle around +1.5, +1 by Sunday and will be the most bet game of the week.

Should revoke their rights to buy tickets for at least a year. finding Eagles tickets this year again is a small feat for those of us without season tickets or the usual connects. Leaving at halftime with the way this team has played is really almost inexcusable.

Yep I got an uncle who has my grandpops and lucked into a 2nd pair as he never took his name off the waiting list and they called and asked if he was interested in another pair 1 sec over similar seats. Unfortunately my aunt is a money pincher and gets pissed if he gives the family any sort of discount. My grandpop would never ask for money from family unless selling them to non family and if they were a good friend at a discount.

So even if my uncle asks if I want to tickets that’s a hard conversation to be had given how much he or I should say my aunt tell him to ask for. They are more well off then most of my family to begin with too so it just looks bad when they can’t even give family a discount. If that were the case I’d be at a lot more games. It’s sucks and hearing it reading fabs left early really pisses me off. I get it if it was preseason and bad weather but regular season and winning team? Should have your fan card revoked and give up your season tickets if you are a holder. That’s just pathetic

I think this is the game we finally see everything turn around, either in a good way or bad way: We fire on all cylinders and score a convincing win, or the sloppy play finally catches up to us and we get run off our own field. No in between.
Or both. First half run off our field. Second half fire on all cylinders. Win 34-31

I think this is the game we finally see everything turn around, either in a good way or bad way: We fire on all cylinders and score a convincing win, or the sloppy play finally catches up to us and we get run off our own field. No in between.
Or both. First half run off our field. Second half fire on all cylinders. Win 34-31

cant wait

Yesterday Brandon Graham became the all-time leader in games played as an Eagle, passing David Akers. I predict his record will be broken by Jake Elliott.
BG has quietly become my favorite Eagle behind Dawk.
Crazy to think about given how much of the fanbase steamed that we took him instead of Earl Thomas.
Literally said something here on BG a few weeks ago. Earl Thomas who many wanted is literally out of the league. His play went down fast after talent around him left. He played like 2 more seasons and was trying to twerk for the Cowboys to sign him. In the last few yrs he’s gotten into legal issues with domestic violience.

I think the Eagles made a smart choice. ET was a good player but like most of that SEA defense as super overrated by many. When those guys went elsewhere they were no where near as good as they were together

We could do both and fall short as well

Yep I got an uncle who has my grandpops and lucked into a 2nd pair as he never took his name off the waiting list and they called and asked if he was interested in another pair 1 sec over similar seats. Unfortunately my aunt is a money pincher and gets pissed if he gives the family any sort of discount. My grandpop would never ask for money from family unless selling them to non family and if they were a good friend at a discount.

So even if my uncle asks if I want to tickets that’s a hard conversation to be had given how much he or I should say my aunt tell him to ask for. They are more well off then most of my family to begin with too so it just looks bad when they can’t even give family a discount. If that were the case I’d be at a lot more games. It’s sucks and hearing it reading fabs left early really pisses me off. I get it if it was preseason and bad weather but regular season and winning team? Should have your fan card revoked and give up your season tickets if you are a holder. That’s just pathetic

Being a STH, I can tell you EVERYBODY wants tickets to the good games. NOBODY wants to pay the prices I can get on Ticket Exchange.

SF giving 2.5 points to a team that basically never loses, at the Linc is beyond disrespectful. I've had this game circled since the schedule came out. I cannot wait to smash these ****ing whiners.

Anything is possible but they have 2 double digit wins all year. They don’t appear to be a team where things come easy.

Anything is possible but they have 2 double digit wins all year. They don’t appear to be a team where things come easy.

The final scores can be deceiving.

Against MIN, they were up 13 and MIN scored with 1 minute left.

Against LAR, there were up 9 and went for it on 4th and 2 on the LAR 9 yard line with 1:07 left in the game.

Against WAS, they were up 14 and gave up a garbage time TD with 1:08 left in the game.

They weren't in any danger of losing any of those games, even though the final score was close.

Against LAR, there were up 9 and went for it on 4th and 2 on the LAR 9 yard line with 1:07 left in the game.

Against WAS, they were up 14 and gave up a garbage time TD with 1:08 left in the game.

They weren't in any danger of losing any of those games, even though the final score was close.
Fair points but they still ended up being single digit wins (which was the point of the post). Also, every single game during the “gauntlet “ has been pretty much as close as it can possibly get. I don’t see why next week should be any different. But anything is possible I guess.

Fair points but they still ended up being single digit wins (which was the point of the post). Also, every single game during the “gauntlet “ has been pretty much as close as it can possibly get. I don’t see why next week should be any different. But anything is possible I guess.

im just thinking they finally play a complete game this week. not just the second half

Panthers also fired QB coach Josh Mccown and RB coach Duce Staley. Rough day for former eagles.
Oof, poor Duce. Went from being interviewed as a HC candidate to fired as RB coach on a one win team. That said I doubt very much he was the problem there....
Absolutely not his fault. That Oline is atrocious. The owner overrode Reich on Young over Stroud and the GM seems to be somewhat of an idiot.

Panthers also fired QB coach Josh Mccown and RB coach Duce Staley. Rough day for former eagles.
that franchise is pretty much a train wreck and I don't see anyway they can luck out and right that ship.

they seem like a great team to move to Europe or Mexico, force a complete overhaul

Reactions: JAA
Im trying to be honest here and ask myself which other QBs would I rather have than Hurts:

Mahomes
Healthy Rodgers
Trevor Lawrence maybe
Close, but NOT Tua
Prolly not Herbert
Not Purdy - not quite sure about him yet

So yea, maybe I am talking out both sides of my mouth, but even though there are only like 2.5 QBs I would rather have than Hurts, I still don't think he is HOF amazing yet. I just want to see him read the defense better both pre-snap and post-snap. He doesn't handle blitzing well, and teams will figure out how to stop his legs. Heck, for like 3 quarters Buf defense had his number.
It's honestly so bizarre. He looks so lost in the first half of games so often. He doesn't appear to read the field and then also holds onto the ball forever. But in the 2nd half, something just clicks and he takes command. Similar to how he was in college? Just a truly clutch QB (I didn't even think that existed TBH).

To answer your question, I'm taking Mahomes over him and that's it. The list ends there. Purdy may get there but I need to see how the rest of the year plays out.
Mahomes is the Most Valuable Player until he retires or his appendages fall off.

Hurts is no doubt, a better than Good, QB. But he isn't the MVP. Just give that trophy to Mahomes until he retires.

that was not smart by him. Some dude talking smack from the crowd probably just cost him some cash and headache
Never should touch a fan but I’ve seen a ton of fans get out of pocket and think they can do whatever. I’ve been to games where fans are heckling at events but there’s a few who after getting their beer muscles for 4-5 hrs go over the line and I can’t type what is said here without getting a timeout.

Like there’s good heckling like we did to Andre Either Dodgers OF at 09 Playoff game Vs the Phillies. We just kept chanting his wife’s name. Late in the game during a warm up between innings he went to over to the main guy gave a kid the ball and told the guy good job.

Then I’ve been at games where fans try giving death threats to guys family including kids. That’s not good heckling that’s just being a **** person who should be going to jail
NFL players are paid millions of dollars to know better

Users who are viewing this thread