What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (4 Viewers)

Hawks Philly officially moved to MNF
Due want hurt my cousin too much. They’ll just stay at his in laws. His parents are taking the twins for a few days and can watch them another night if needed. Sucks for others who don’t have options but good is people have a little over a week still

Shanahan has coached 6 full seasons in San Francisco. He's finished last in the NFC West twice, finished third twice and finished first twice. He's had as many losing seasons in his tenure as he's had winning seasons. You want good coaching, Nick Sirianni took a 4-11 team, traded the franchise QB and still made the playoffs starting a guy with 4 career starts. Then followed that up with a SB appearance. Then followed that up by winning 10 of the first 11 games,
OK, I'll bite.

Sanahans years in SF (he took over a 2-14 team)

2017: 6-10

2018: 4-12 After losing his new QB (Jimmy G) in Week 3 to ACL tear.

2019: 13-3, Super Bowl appearance

2020: 6-10 whole team on IR (Jimmy, Bosa, Deebo, Kittle, etc)

2021: 10-7, made NCCG

2022: 13-3, made NFCCG

Every year he's had a healthy starting QB for more than half a season, he's made the conference championship or SB.

I get that this is the Eagles thread, but to say he's not a good coach is laughable.

He also hires good assistants. No team has been poached more than SF the past few years. Ron Carthon, McDaniel, Saleh, Ryans...

Not taking anything away from Srianni, I think he's done a great job. Maybe that's the difference - I can admit he's a good coach even though I think he's a colossal D-bag.
Save your breath. It’s pointless.

Just call us America’s Team

👀 The #Eagles - Bills game averaged 30.9 million viewers on CBS - largest TV audience for a non-Thanksgiving game this season

📺 MOST Watched Non #Thanksgiving games
1️⃣ 30.9 million Eagles vs Bills
2️⃣ 29 million - Eagles vs Chiefs
3️⃣ 27.1 million - Eagles vs Cowboys

Meanwhile geno just put the Hawks up on Dallas.

Warms the heart that you’re thinking about the Cowboys. Again. And again. And again.
not again and again and again. But on a night when the only game is being played by the next two opponents of the Eagles (one of which is a divisional and potential NFC #1 seed contender), yeah, I pay attention. Would be kinda weird if I didn't. But thanks for your contribution to a thread about a team you don't like. Always appreciated.

I also think its hilarious that the Niners fans and the Cowboys fans have formed some sort of pseudo-alliance in mutual hate of the Birds. Like, Dallas fans, the Niners handed you your ****ing asses a few weeks ago. Have some self respect for Christ's sake.

I also think its hilarious that the Niners fans and the Cowboys fans have formed some sort of pseudo-alliance in mutual hate of the Birds. Like, Dallas fans, the Niners handed you your ****ing asses a few weeks ago. Have some self respect for Christ's sake.

its not just them. no one likes us. we dont care

Joe thinks he's the second best coach in the NFL behind Andy Reid. He's not even in my top 5.

Can you list your top 10?

And to be clear, top 10 going forward as of today. Not past accomplishments. Belichick's #1 in all those.

I'm talking about if we have a draft to pick head coaches for the franchise for the next 3 years (to not hurt the old guys too much), how do you rank them?

Joe you keep moving the goal-posts on this topic.

First it was #2 coach behind Andy Reid. Then it was "recent history". Now it's going forward.

Under these conditions, I would still put all those guys ahead of Kyle Shanahan. A coach doesn't lose his ability like an athlete. Bill Belichick didn't somehow forget to coach. Wingnut (a 49er fan) just above established that Shanahan is nothing more than a product of the players he has. The minute he starts losing one or two good players, his teams lose. He lost Trent Williams and Deebo Samuels for a couple games and his team fell apart. Now before you say, that is what happens to all coaches, I'll present to you the coaching job Doug Pederson did in 2017.

Week 3: Starting PR/KR, backup RB Darren Sproles (out for season)
Week 6: Special Teams Ace Chris Maragos (out for season)
Week 7: Starting MLB Jordan Hicks (out for season)
Week 7: Starting LT Jason Peters (out for season)
Week 13: Starting QB Carson Wentz (out for the season)
Starting CB Ronald Darby missed half the season with a lacerated spleen

His team won the Superbowl that year.

If you gave Belichick, McVay, Pederson, et al. the roster that San Fran has, they'd win too. I have Shanahan around 10th, while reserving the right to move him down further because I'm not sure about some of the 1st year coaches just yet (Ryans, Steichen, etc.). I need to see more. Shanahan, I've seen enough. If he ever wins a Superbowl as a coach it will viewed in the same vein as Barry Switzer's championship.

First it was #2 coach behind Andy Reid. Then it was "recent history". Now it's going forward.

I'm not moving anything.

For having a draft of NFL coaches going forward today, Andy Reid is my #1. Shanahan is my #2. :shrug:

What's your top 10 list?

Last edited:
The one(s) that bother me are ________, who doesn't add anything to the discussion, he just comes in here to troll and take pot-shots at the posters here and the fanbase in general. The Mods should really just ban the guy from posting in here since he doesn't really further the discussion in any way, shape or form.

Don't insult other posters here. If you see a poster that is clearly over the line, use the report button. If not, please keep the topic 100% on football and not insulting other posters. Thanks.

I'll play. Next 3 years this is my list of top 10 head coaches.

1. Demeco Ryans
2. Dan Campbell
3. Shane Steichen
4. Mike McDaniel
5. Nick Sirriani
6. Robert Saleh
7. John Harbaugh
8. Pete Carroll
9. Andy Reid
10. Kyle Shanahan
Andy Reid at 9? Surely you jest.

:lol:

Looking at worst case scenario these next two games, if we lose them both to SF and DAL we still would have the #1 seed as long as SF and DAL both lose 1 more game and we finish 4-0 against SEA, NYG, AZ, NYG. Not ideal, but still an achievable path albeit with no margin for error down the stretch and costing us playing our starters for all 17 games. SF and DAL are already on 3 game win streaks so they would have to go 9-0 to finish the season to still get the 1-seed if we go 4-0.

Win this week and we go to 92% to get the #1 seed, lose and it's barely 50%.

Win next week in DAL (regardless of the SF outcome) and we shoot to 99% to win the NFC East.

The one(s) that bother me are ________, who doesn't add anything to the discussion, he just comes in here to troll and take pot-shots at the posters here and the fanbase in general. The Mods should really just ban the guy from posting in here since he doesn't really further the discussion in any way, shape or form.

Don't insult other posters here. If you see a poster that is clearly over the line, use the report button. If not, please keep the topic 100% on football and not insulting other posters. Thanks.

I already did and you rubber stamped his behavior in the SF thread like it was ok because we're Eagles fans.

Looking at worst case scenario these next two games, if we lose them both to SF and DAL we still would have the #1 seed as long as SF and DAL both lose 1 more game and we finish 4-0 against SEA, NYG, AZ, NYG. Not ideal, but still an achievable path albeit with no margin for error down the stretch and costing us playing our starters for all 17 games. SF and DAL are already on 3 game win streaks so they would have to go 9-0 to finish the season to still get the 1-seed if we go 4-0.

Win next week in DAL (regardless of the SF outcome) and we shoot to 99% to win the NFC East.
Hard to imagine Dallas winning out...they have a tougher schedule remaining then the Eagles do and struggled against Seattle at home last night. Seattle is the only "winning" team they've beaten, and I don't think Seattle will end the year with a winning record. With that in mind, this week is more important then next, but the NFCE is extremely likely regardless of how these two games go. Win any one of these next three and take care of expected business in the last three weeks and they'll win the division. TO win the bye, will likely need to win two of the next three OR beat SF this week.

Hard to imagine Dallas winning out...they have a tougher schedule remaining then the Eagles do and struggled against Seattle at home last night. Seattle is the only "winning" team they've beaten, and I don't think Seattle will end the year with a winning record. With that in mind, this week is more important then next, but the NFCE is extremely likely regardless of how these two games go. Win any one of these next three and take care of expected business in the last three weeks and they'll win the division. TO win the bye, will likely need to win two of the next three OR beat SF this week.

I didn't watch much of the game last night but I saw the stat of Dallas on turf vs. Dallas on grass.

Barring a bunch of injuries for the Dolphins, I would venture to guess that Miami game is a stone cold mortal lock of a loss for Dallas.

Eagles win this weekend and they can coast to the #1 seed.

What's the local scuttlebutt on Goeddert playing this week? Hear he's practicing today.

Still needs doctors clearance to play. The fact he's practicing is good news. Don't know if he'll get the green light for this weekend, but he'll probably be cleared for Dallas.

I already did and you rubber stamped his behavior in the SF thread like it was ok because we're Eagles fans.

Sigh.

Let's move to a better topic. Would love to see your top 10 year. https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/top-10-nfl-coach-power-rankings.811352/

Wondering if the rain helps or hurts us. I'd almost lean that it helps us as we've just played in the rain a lot recently and Purdy could struggle in the rain. I'd expect a heavy dose of CMC, hopefully our DL/LB's can step up.

No idea what you mean but the “we’re so persecuted“ card is interesting.

Last edited:
Joe thinks he's the second best coach in the NFL behind Andy Reid. He's not even in my top 5.

And to be clear, top 10 going forward as of today. Not past accomplishments. Belichick's #1 in all those.

I'm talking about if we have a draft to pick head coaches for the franchise for the next 3 years (to not hurt the old guys too much), how do you rank them?

Under these conditions, I would still put all those guys ahead of Kyle Shanahan. A coach doesn't lose his ability like an athlete. Bill Belichick didn't somehow forget to coach. Wingnut (a 49er fan) just above established that Shanahan is nothing more than a product of the players he has. The minute he starts losing one or two good players, his teams lose. He lost Trent Williams and Deebo Samuels for a couple games and his team fell apart. Now before you say, that is what happens to all coaches, I'll present to you the coaching job Doug Pederson did in 2017.

If you gave Belichick, McVay, Pederson, et al. the roster that San Fran has, they'd win too. I have Shanahan around 10th, while reserving the right to move him down further because I'm not sure about some of the 1st year coaches just yet (Ryans, Steichen, etc.). I need to see more. Shanahan, I've seen enough. If he ever wins a Superbowl as a coach it will viewed in the same vein as Barry Switzer's championship.

What's your top 10 list?

yeah I don't have a big problem with the line
Only Eagles fans would feel slighted lol

“NOONE RESPECTS US!!!”

lol

Keep this 100% to football.
I find the fact that this got flagged a little.....problematic. He wasn't attacking me, and his statement was relatively benign. (As an Eagles fan, I can agree we do play the respect card at times!) You gonna flag people who call 80% of the Cowboys fanbase fair weather? Cause it's about the same weight, and both can be reasonably argued.
Moderating is losing some people here because you can't take ALL trash talk out of sports talk without losing something.

There are plenty of posts that ride the line, and occasionally cross it. Frankly, his post shouldn't be close

“NOONE RESPECTS US!!!”

lol

I find the fact that this got flagged a little.....problematic. He wasn't attacking me, and his statement was relatively benign. (As an Eagles fan, I can agree we do play the respect card at times!) You gonna flag people who call 80% of the Cowboys fanbase fair weather? Cause it's about the same weight, and both can be reasonably argued.
Moderating is losing some people here because you can't take ALL trash talk out of sports talk without losing something.

There are plenty of posts that ride the line, and occasionally cross it. Frankly, his post shouldn't be close

I understand. But Eagles fans kept reporting it so the mods asked him to keep it to football.

Welp they did it. Rocky statue was messed with.

We're the biggest frauds for a 10-1 team. Home underdog. Nobody likes us and we don't care!

This game is starting to shape up like a complete *** whooping again. I have a feeling our guys show up big time.

“NOONE RESPECTS US!!!”

lol

I agree and I’ve even said this we play the card a lot too. I saw nothing wrong with it. I’ve said we say no one likes us we don’t care but most seem to still care a lot for some reason. If that’s the case I should’ve been reported as well then.

Welp they did it. Rocky statue was messed with.

We're the biggest frauds for a 10-1 team. Home underdog. Nobody likes us and we don't care!

This game is starting to shape up like a complete *** whooping again. I have a feeling our guys show up big time.
Rocky day is tomorrow too. I’m this clown may have just cursed the 49ers forever now.

No TE call up from the practice squad by the deadline, so either Calcaterra (Q) or Goedert (D) seem to be playing tomorrow…

Or, they are rolling with just 2 TE ‘s, Stoll and Albert Okwuegbunam.

What's your top 10 list?

1. Andy Reid
2. Bill Belichick
3. John Harbaugh
4. Sean Payton
5. Mike Tomlin
6. Pete Carroll
7. Sean McVay
8. Doug Pederson
9. Nick Sirianni
10. Kyle Shanahan

HM: Dan Campbell, DeMeco Ryans

I saw a stat in another thread that Shanahan was 0-37 in games where his team trailed by 8+ points in the 4th. My first thought was, Shanahan's teams have been behind by 8+ points 37 times? He's only been a HC for 109 games. So 37% of the time, a Shanahan coached team is losing by 8+. Nick Sirianni for example has been down by 8+ points 5 times in 45 games, or 9% (and his team even won 2 of those games).

per Jay Glazer

“But how about this? Nick Sirianni. We saw a lot of trash being talked for a while from the 49ers about the Eagles? He didn’t shy away from it. Instead, he told his team “take it personally.” And he showed clips of the 49ers talking trash about those Philadelphia Eagles and then also showed clips of players talking trash about Michael Jordan and what Michael Jordan would do to make them pay. He said ‘That’s what I want, I want you to take it personal.’

Users who are viewing this thread