What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (2 Viewers)

i think we should root for a loss so they are forced to make major coaching changes.
if they win this game or somehow win 2 playoff games it might make them think they can keep some of these clowns around.....
You guys must be pretty jaded. Hopefully we don't go to the NFC Championship game after being in the Super Bowl because the coaching staff may keep their jobs? Yeesh.

i think we should root for a loss so they are forced to make major coaching changes.
if they win this game or somehow win 2 playoff games it might make them think they can keep some of these clowns around.....
They play SF in 2nd round. Theres no way they are winning that.

They play SF in 2nd round. Theres no way they are winning that.
Zero chance and all you did at that point is prolong your coaching searches. If we throttle TB and it looks like it all clicked I’ll change my tune. I can’t see them beating TB and if so it will be ugly

Eagles defense in 2022:
• 70 sacks — 1st
• 97 TFL — 1st
• 124 QB hits — 2nd
• 17 INTs — 3rd

Eagles defense in 2023:
• 43 sacks — 20th
• 73 TFL — 27th
• 106 QB hits — 15th
• 9 INTs — 25th

QB Jalen Hurts underwent X-rays that showed no fracture in the middle finger on his throwing hand that he dislocated Sunday, per sources.

Hurts said he’s taking it day-by-day, and he has an extra day: Philadelphia visits Tampa Bay for an NFC wild-card game Monday night.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Eagles defense in 2022:
• 70 sacks — 1st
• 97 TFL — 1st
• 124 QB hits — 2nd
• 17 INTs — 3rd

Eagles defense in 2023:
• 43 sacks — 20th
• 73 TFL — 27th
• 106 QB hits — 15th
• 9 INTs — 25th
The weird thing is I feel like we had 40 sacks by Thanksgiving

Eagles defense in 2022:
• 70 sacks — 1st
• 97 TFL — 1st
• 124 QB hits — 2nd
• 17 INTs — 3rd

Eagles defense in 2023:
• 43 sacks — 20th
• 73 TFL — 27th
• 106 QB hits — 15th
• 9 INTs — 25th
The weird thing is I feel like we had 40 sacks by Thanksgiving
They kinda did. At one point, they were around the same pace as last year then suddenly they went ice cold.

Chirp Chirp! Humble pie is served. Talk that ****!
Are you Quammy lol?
Nope, but he's a Cowboys fan whose last post was 3 weeks ago (about the Eagles), and then comes back to post more Eagles things. His post history is hilarious and literally ONLY about Philly. Wouldn't doubt if it's a 2nd account from YKW.
I already had it on ignore, which means I probably had identified as such earlier.

I know he has regressed (mainly due to poor coaching), but I am legit surprised Hurts didn't make the pro bowl and Devonta Smith definitely should have made it.

Hurts numbers are better than Stafford with the rushing
Stafford took a borderline team to the playoffs, Hurts took a team coming off a trip to the super bowl and that was 10-1 to likely a wild card spot and has their own fans questioning if the coach needs to be fired. Hurts running is a factor but it's 150 yards less then last year and while the TD's remain the same I'd be interested to hear how many are one yard tush pushes. Maybe it is because it is what the media shows but last year it seemed he had more 5 or 6 yard TD runs, this year it seems they get stopped at the one all the time and he gets the 1 yard tush push that on 99% of other teams is 1 yard TD run for the RB.

You can honestly make a case for either but no doubt the way the Eagles have played the last 5 weeks weighs in a toss up selection.
I’m sure Hurts being 2nd in turnovers doesn’t help either
3 Pro bowl Lineman, their best one, Mailata wasnt selected. Pro Bowl WR, Pro bowl RB ...
hmmm What could possibly be the problem ???
Guys ... Let's take off the blinders.
You have a QB Problem !!!

"Oh but if you count his 1yd Douche Push TDs he has as many TDs as Stafford !!!"

Yeah? So would anyone running behind one of the greatest Olines of all time ... But QBs need to throw the ball.
Hurts has plenty of time to do that and plenty of All pro weapons to throw to ... He just Sux!!!!!!
Oh, you are still posting in here.

62.6% Comp percentage, 3,965 yards passing, 7.6 YPA, 24 TDs, 11 Ints
66.1% Comp percentage, 3,803 yards passing, 7.3 YPA, 23 TDs, 14 Ints.

Removing the rushing stats, which of the above two QBs is Hurts and which is Stafford? Now add back in the rushing stats:

65nyardsrushing, 0 TDs
601 yards rushing, 15 TDs

Feel free to show yourself out and please, take your "Jordan Mailata is the best O-lineman" and "Hurts just SUX!" takes with you.
Except Stafford played 1 less game, doesnt have the best Oline on the planet, and he's making an undrafted rookie WR and 5th rd RB all pros.
Oh and the Rams were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NFL coming into the season

It's Carson Wentz part II ... Put Nick Foles in right now and the Eagles will win the SB this year
So, what do you think about the game this week? Tyrod Taylor vs Sucky Jalen Hurts? I'm thinking 28-24 Eagles, would love to know what you think.

I think Tyrod Taylor is the perfect comp
I think someone owes Tyrod an apology

I guess there is no longer a debate about how Hurts would look without AJ and Smith.
Hurts was easily the worst QB on the field ... made Tyrod look like Randall Cunnigham in comparison!
Too bad they didnt start Mariotta ... it would saved the Giants 1 draft position. But then again , I'd much rather they pick 6th and put the final nail in the Eagles coffin.
The curse has been broken ... Giants on the way UP!
And the Eagles ??? ... Rebuild time !!

Saw this the first few weeks this season it was pretty Blantant. Winning hides a lot of issues
Yep. I mentioned it months ago. The record was always fake and not sustainable. Now you’re seeing coaches whose experience is crushing them. They can’t counter punch.
This is a false narrative though, even if team wasn't a genuine 10 win type team. They still sported wins against FOUR teams that would eventually win 10 or more and make the playoffs. No bad team does that, and no bad team starts 10-1 regardless of schedule or luck involved.
This wasn't a case of a weak team getting exposed, this was an epic COLLAPSE of what was a good team. So please for the love of God can we stop with the "I always knew they stunk" garbage, because they didn't.
Pretty sure I called an 11-6 record in October....

As a now interested observer wtf happened
To be clear we just watched one of the worst Eagles games I think I’ve ever seen. That was the most gutless and embarrassing performance by a team that has clearly packed their bags on the coach and the season.
I wont argue that they played poorly. However, saying that players have packed their bags on the season doesnt pass the sniff test.

Some players never get to play a single playoff game. Last year this team went to the Super Bowl. This year they are going to playoffs. The notion any player is done for the season just doesnt make any sense.

Eagle Fans: "Why are you constantly dropping Sweat and Reddick back into coverage?"

Coaches: "Well just for that we're gonna drop them back even more!"

Eagle Fans: "Looks like running the ball works really well. Why do you not do it more?"

Coaches: "Just for that we're gonna stop running the ball altogether!"
First play of the game, they executed it perfectly

To be clear we just watched one of the worst Eagles games I think I’ve ever seen. That was the most gutless and embarrassing performance by a team that has clearly packed their bags on the coach and the season.
I wont argue that they played poorly. However, saying that players have packed their bags on the season doesnt pass the sniff test.

Some players never get to play a single playoff game. Last year this team went to the Super Bowl. This year they are going to playoffs. The notion any player is done for the season just doesnt make any sense.
Bro, I know you are a fan, but have you watched this team over the last couple of months? Honestly, half the guys that played yesterday looked like they were playing to get the coach fired. I saw a team yesterday play against one of the worst teams in the league and get boat raced for 2 quarters until they tucked tail and sent in the backups. They are done. They've got bags packed and tee times set up.

After today, and assuming next week is similar, I don't know how you can bring Sirianni back. Unless Roseman/Lurie are secretly pulling the strings, this all falls on him. This is his offensive scheme that STILL has zero answers for blitzes. He's the one who panicked and switched Desai for Patricia, of all people.

I agree the answers for the blitz are concerning, however, I’m not sure why it’s falling all on the HC? He shares some blame for sure. He's also not the creator of the offense. I’m wondering why our QB is unable to see a blitz coming (even though it’s shown) and can’t change the play. Can he not even see the pressure? Or is he not capable to change a play? This is 3 years of it with him now. He hasn’t gotten any better in that area. The great QB’s see this a mile away and would FEAST with our weapons.

As far as Patricia and Desai goes that’s not on Nick at all. You could see how bad Desai was immediately. The very fact that Patricia was here speaks volumes on what everyone thought of Desai. That’s bad all around. Now maybe Gannon really screwed us and let lead us to believe he’d be back before leaving and that’s what put us in this situation. It’s possible.

Bottom line is, you’ll know all you need to know when you see what we do with these coordinators. If we fill these spots with guys who have no real experience than the problems are above a HC.
I have a hard time being hard on Sirianni. He lost both coordinators this offseason and made the playoffs.

After today, and assuming next week is similar, I don't know how you can bring Sirianni back. Unless Roseman/Lurie are secretly pulling the strings, this all falls on him. This is his offensive scheme that STILL has zero answers for blitzes. He's the one who panicked and switched Desai for Patricia, of all people.

I agree the answers for the blitz are concerning, however, I’m not sure why it’s falling all on the HC? He shares some blame for sure. He's also not the creator of the offense. I’m wondering why our QB is unable to see a blitz coming (even though it’s shown) and can’t change the play. Can he not even see the pressure? Or is he not capable to change a play? This is 3 years of it with him now. He hasn’t gotten any better in that area. The great QB’s see this a mile away and would FEAST with our weapons.

As far as Patricia and Desai goes that’s not on Nick at all. You could see how bad Desai was immediately. The very fact that Patricia was here speaks volumes on what everyone thought of Desai. That’s bad all around. Now maybe Gannon really screwed us and let lead us to believe he’d be back before leaving and that’s what put us in this situation. It’s possible.

Bottom line is, you’ll know all you need to know when you see what we do with these coordinators. If we fill these spots with guys who have no real experience than the problems are above a HC.
It's Sirianni's offense at its core. It's not like Johnson came in and created everything from scratch. If Sirianni has nothing to do with the offense, then what is he even doing during the week? If it isn't his offense, by now he damn well should have sat Johnson down and said WTF, fix it this way. If you and I can see the problems, these dudes should be able to as well. From what I understand, most plays have no hot routes, no dump-offs, nothing to compensate for a blitz. Hell, sometimes they don't even have a back in to help when they know it's coming. I can't put all the blame for this on the QB (I don't absolve him, more than one thing can be true). If Hurts needs to adjust at the line for a defense that blitzes as much as the Giants do, then the coaches didn't prepare a good gameplan at all. At that point, why have the coaches do anything? Let the players play sandlot style.

And Gannon 100% screwed the Eagles last year. Fangio was here to take over, but Gannon had illegal contact with the Cards week before the Super Bowl. Gannon lied (shocker) and said he was definitely coming back, so Fangio walked, then Gannon did as well, leaving the Eagles to scramble and they picked poorly. Forget where I read it, but apparently the Eagles tried to get Fangio to stay after Gannon screwed them, but he had already verbally committed to the Dolphins and didn't want to break his word. Though this Fangio style defense is garbage anyway, but it's what we're stuck with for now.

I'm getting rambly, but end of the day Sirianni is responsible for most of this and has done nothing to fix it. And if he isn't and it's really Roseman/Lurie doing everything, then the team is more flawed than we know.

That's where I'm at with siranni. It's been 2 months and it's the same issues over and over.. what the hell are they doing during the week?

We can remedy this by simply getting a Bienemy as OC since that staff is done.
I like the cut of your beak!

I think a “come to Jesus” meeting will happen this week for Philly. It’s the playoffs and as bad as they have played the last 4 weeks, they are professionals that want to win. I don’t think they can beat anyone in the playoffs EXCEPT Tampa. Faker Mayfield is a joke, and they barely squeezed out 9 points to a crappy team. I think Hurts comes out of his shell and rallies these guys. I get that the defense sucks, but the offense can put up points- the Bucs can’t. The best thing for y’all’s Eagles is they get the worst team to play. Eagles 24 Bucs 20. I’d give up the -2.5 and take the Eagles before it changes (if I could force myself to bet on the Eagles 🤢)
That was tough for me to admit…. GO Cowboys 🤠
I dont think there was a single Hurts running play all game half vs the Gmen. I expect a wide open playbook on Monday.

I dont want this to sound like a stupid question ... but does anyone think we tried to win the game yesterday? I mean, sure ... we tried to win, but it didnt feel like a playoff game. I didnt see any sense of urgency. I didnt see one trick play. Not one Hurts designed run. Then, all players pulled by half. Not saying that was the design, but what gives?

Im starting to think we get an offensive explosion next week. Its also possible ... we see some different defensive schemes next week. I mean, why show them this week?

I dont want this to sound like a stupid question ... but does anyone think we tried to win the game yesterday? I mean, sure ... we tried to win, but it didnt feel like a playoff game. I didnt see any sense of urgency. I didnt see one trick play. Not one Hurts designed run. Then, all players pulled by half. Not saying that was the design, but what gives?

Im starting to think we get an offensive explosion next week. Its also possible ... we see some different defensive schemes next week. I mean, why show them this week?
Are you talking about the coaches or players? If the former, what would be the motivation for not trying? If the latter, would someone like Hurts step onto a field and not give 100% effort?

Bro, I know you are a fan, but have you watched this team over the last couple of months? Honestly, half the guys that played yesterday looked like they were playing to get the coach fired. I saw a team yesterday play against one of the worst teams in the league and get boat raced for 2 quarters until they tucked tail and sent in the backups. They are done. They've got bags packed and tee times set up.
I dont think you understand what it takes to be a football player.

You realize some teams are still playing with zero chance for the playoffs? Why do those players play as hard as they do?

Look, I know you are a fan. Trust me, it is going to be ok.

I dont think you understand what it takes to be a football player.

You realize some teams are still playing with zero chance for the playoffs? Why do those players play as hard as they do?

Look, I know you are a fan. Trust me, it is going to be ok.
I do realize that there are some teams still playing with zero chance to make the playoffs. One of those teams just kicked our teeth in.

There's a litany of reasons that players still play hard for their team and a litany of reason that they don't. I said earlier, I think that the team et al are simply not buying what Nick is selling. They did last year-most of the guys on this team would have run through a wall for him last year. Did they just lose the ability to play? I mean, from a talent perspective you agree that they should have bombed the last few teams. They didn't. And not only did they not, they got their butts kicked. Nick's lost the team, they all know they are going nowhere and they are not playing like a hungry team; they are playing like a team that does. not. care.

One man's opinion.

• Thanks
Eagles defense in 2022:
• 70 sacks — 1st
• 97 TFL — 1st
• 124 QB hits — 2nd
• 17 INTs — 3rd

Eagles defense in 2023:
• 43 sacks — 20th
• 73 TFL — 27th
• 106 QB hits — 15th
• 9 INTs — 25th
This is astonishing. All the talk was how our draft was so good defensively, that we somehow might not even drop off after losing all those guys to Free Agency.

It's obviously a combo of all three things.

1. Losing all that talent to Free Agency
2. Our aging "studs" all seemingly slowing down at the same time
3. Coaching Coaching Coaching.

You guys must be pretty jaded. Hopefully we don't go to the NFC Championship game after being in the Super Bowl because the coaching staff may keep their jobs? Yeesh.
Oh we're Jaded.

Alex singleton broke the broncos single season tackles for an lb. Not sure who that guy is but would be nice to have
Hated losing him. He did seem to drop off with us near the end of the year, but I actually know the guy and he is a beast when he's put in the position to succeed.

Who you guys cheering for, LA or Detroit? And pls omit the "who cares we suck", because I'd prefer to minimize the inevitable pain even a little bit.

Would we rather go into SF, or into Dallas? We lose both, but which would hurt less?

Would anyone want to kick the tires on ole Eric Bienemy as OC?
No.

I don't know why, but I always found him overrated as a coach. I think the offense in KC was mostly Reid. He got many HC interviews over the years, and lots of talk about him getting a gig, and never impressed any teams enough to hire him. In Washington he was meh. And he's also likely looking to be a HC... so if he sucks, that's bad. If he's really good, he might be one and done.

No.

I don't know why, but I always found him overrated as a coach. I think the offense in KC was mostly Reid. He got many HC interviews over the years, and lots of talk about him getting a gig, and never impressed any teams enough to hire him. In Washington he was meh. And he's also likely looking to be a HC... so if he sucks, that's bad. If he's really good, he might be one and done.
Yeah. I get that. I really don't know whats going to happen next, other than an absolute further collapse in Tampa on Monday haha.

Who you guys cheering for, LA or Detroit? And pls omit the "who cares we suck", because I'd prefer to minimize the inevitable pain even a little bit.

Would we rather go into SF, or into Dallas? We lose both, but which would hurt less?
I'm cheering for Detroit just because they've never made a Super Bowl, so would love to see that happen.
I mean more in terms of.... which would sting less.... losing R2 in SF, or in Dallas.

No.

Yeah. I get that. I really don't know whats going to happen next, other than an absolute further collapse in Tampa on Monday haha.
Ya, I think I just want good coordinators so badly. I believe coordinators are the most underrated "position(?)" in football.

I either want some young genius from college who has all these plans to study film, come up with new schemes, etc.... or a veteran guy who has been around the NFL a while and can at the very least, do the basics to put together a game plan that doesn't suck.

No more Desei, Bienemy, Patricia, Johnson type guys who are in between that, and who might just be products of their former head coaches, yet be totally lost and over their head on their own.

I’m rooting for the Rams and GB. Get that home game baby.

Users who are viewing this thread