What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Buffalo Bills (3 Viewers)

I am starting to think trading Diggs is best.

It is $27.8M for him to play, $31.1 to move him, so you eat an extra $3.3 but then you are free and clear.

That puts them in good shape to reload after next year, move on from Von and with only Brown from the draft class to deal with.

Washington is about to get a young QB and has picks 3, 35, 40, 66, 100, 103 and more. They have loads of cap space. It is close to home for Diggs and he is a great security blanket option for a young QB to be successful (or that is what Beane should pitch).

The Bills would miss him in the regular season but he has zero playoff production. And who the hell knows what is going on behind the scenes.

It is $27.8M for him to play, $31.1 to move him, so you eat an extra $3.3 but then you are free and clear.
I’m not tracking the logic. If it costs more to move him and get no production than it does to keep him, why would it make sense to move him? Is it avoiding future dead $?

I’m not tracking the logic. If it costs more to move him and get no production than it does to keep him, why would it make sense to move him? Is it avoiding future dead $?
It is about timing and value.

If they move him this off season it costs them $31.1 which is more than if they keep him.
But they maybe get an early 3rd? And take the cap hit now. They have poor playoff production from him, he is fairing worse per target than other options on the team.

I am making an assumption that something in the locker room also isn’t great and if they try to move him a year later his value is even less.

If they wait until 2025 it is still a $22.2M hit. If they want to cut Von in 2025 it will be $15.4M so they wouldn’t want to dump both the same year.

One really needs to move this year. Von is $23.8M to keep for 2024 but $32.5M to cut. They can do Von post June and split some of the dead cap to 2025, because there is no way they will get anything in a trade for him.

Just curious, would anyone on here be disappointed if we traded Diggs? (Assuming we got fair value for him).

I would. They don't have a replacement ready to take over. He still draws a ton of attention from the defense. Also, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he might have been dealing with a nagging injury in the second half of the season. (I recall Steve Tasker saying that's what it looked like to him in a pregame show around midseason.)

What is your definition of "fair value"?

Just curious, would anyone on here be disappointed if we traded Diggs? (Assuming we got fair value for him).

I would. They don't have a replacement ready to take over. He still draws a ton of attention from the defense. Also, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he might have been dealing with a nagging injury in the second half of the season. (I recall Steve Tasker saying that's what it looked like to him in a pregame show around midseason.)

Well that’s the only tricky part for me. I’ve seen “experts” suggest as high as a mid 1st and some as low as a 3rd.
I don’t like Diggs. I don’t like him. I don’t like his attitude. I don’t like his age. I don’t like his contact.
I’ll take a 2nd and smile. Then go get someone like Brown or Moody. Maybe even Ridley. This draft class is deep at WR too.

Well that’s the only tricky part for me. I’ve seen “experts” suggest as high as a mid 1st and some as low as a 3rd.
I don’t like Diggs. I don’t like him. I don’t like his attitude. I don’t like his age. I don’t like his contact.
I’ll take a 2nd and smile. Then go get someone like Brown or Moody. Maybe even Ridley. This draft class is deep at WR too.
I'd be surprised if they got more than a 3rd and a late throw-in.

That said, I like Diggs a lot. I think he's been tagged with an incredibly inaccurate reputation, mostly over one incident (which none of us know the details). You might cite wanting to get out of Minny, but players want to leave teams all the time. I've left plenty of jobs in my career...

I don’t see them getting more than a 3rd but maybe I am undervaluing him.

He is great but for whatever reason the playoff production is not there, and it hasn’t just been this year. Maybe he is not a cold weather guy?

I would trade for sure if you could get a first.

Just for fun
Guy 1
86 career games
21,165 total yards
154 total TDs
66 turnovers
2 MVPs

Guy 2
94 career games
26,326 total yards
220 total TDs
102 turnovers

Playoffs
Guy 1 - 6 games
307.5 yards per game
1.5 TDs per game
1 turnover per game

Guy 2 - 10 games
328.6 yards per game
2.6 TDs per game
0.4 turnovers per game

Guy 3 - 17 games
309.4 yards per game
2.6 TDs per game
0.4 turnovers per game
3 Super Bowl appearances

Guys, the Bills are already $51M over the cap. If they trade Diggs before June 1 it would add an additional $3M to his cap hit.

Unless he takes a pay cut to facilitate a trade, it’s not happening.

It really bothers me every time I see how good McDuffie for KC is. I really think he was the target for Beanne and then settled for Elam when he missed out on McDuffie.
The difference between those two careers is so crazy.

I would love to see the Bills trade back as it sounds like there are decent WR options in round 2 and the top ones will be gone by their first round pick.

Need to restock at Dline and safety.

They created a mess with the 12 personnel plan last year. Shakir is a very good slot guy who should see the field and the ball a lot more than he does.

Add in Cook, Kincaid and Diggs, then a WR2 they need to bring in and Knox is a complete afterthought and waste of cap space.

I would love to see the Bills trade back as it sounds like there are decent WR options in round 2 and the top ones will be gone by their first round pick.

They created a mess with the 12 personnel plan last year. Shakir is a very good slot guy who should see the field and the ball a lot more than he does.

Add in Cook, Kincaid and Diggs, then a WR2 they need to bring in and Knox is a complete afterthought and waste of cap space.
I'm not sure I'd say Knox is a waste of cap space. Yes, he's certainly overpaid a bit, but he's also valuable when a top 3 WR is out for a game.

That said I generally agree with the rest of your opinions. Not sure I want another 1st or 2nd round investment in DL, but Safety definitely needs a refresher.

Going to be interesting to see how they work this draft and prepare for next season, considering the cap restrictions.

Don’t we already have a ton of picks (albeit mostly late round ones)

I mean, it’s great to think about that, but I’d put trading back about in the same category as me wanting to win the Powerball. Beane has shown he is way more likely to trade up than trade back. If there’s a WR he really likes, I could definitely see him trading up.

Beane clearly falls in love with specific guys and is not willing to trade back and potentially miss on them. IMO, that’s a trap in not understanding odds of hitting on specific players versus having more picks in general. He trusts his, and his staff’s, ability to correctly evaluate players too much.

They have a lot of picks but they are late, not sure the value of those.
  • Round 1, Pick 28
  • Round 2, Pick 60
  • Round 3, Pick 99 compensatory
  • Round 4, Pick 129
  • Round 5, Pick 159 (from GB)
  • Round 5, Pick 162
  • Round 6, Pick 198 (from LAR)
  • Round 6, Pick 202 (from HOU)
  • Round 6, Pick 206
  • Round 7, Pick 246
According to the trade chart they have to give up their 3rd to get up to pick 23.

Pick 25 costs them their 4th and a 5th or 6th.

Hoping they don’t do that kind of move this year.

Beane had a pretty good track record in rounds 3-5 so getting more picks in that range would be great.

They have a lot of picks but they are late, not sure the value of those.
  • Round 1, Pick 28
  • Round 2, Pick 60
  • Round 3, Pick 99 compensatory
  • Round 4, Pick 129
  • Round 5, Pick 159 (from GB)
  • Round 5, Pick 162
  • Round 6, Pick 198 (from LAR)
  • Round 6, Pick 202 (from HOU)
  • Round 6, Pick 206
  • Round 7, Pick 246
According to the trade chart they have to give up their 3rd to get up to pick 23.

Pick 25 costs them their 4th and a 5th or 6th.

Hoping they don’t do that kind of move this year.

Beane had a pretty good track record in rounds 3-5 so getting more picks in that range would be great.
If we keep those picks and Beanne can hit on even just 2-3 of those from 5th on then I’ll be happy.

“Bears Trade for OL Ryan Bates; Bills Receive 5th Round Pick in 2024 NFL Draft”​

So, now 11 picks. What is Beanne up to?

A heart wrenching loss in the last seconds in the Division Round. A official arrival for Josh Allen establishing him as one of the true elite QBs. An off-season with Allen’s cap number leaping up and decisions to be made. A team that should be a continual contender.

It’s a new era for the Buffalo Bills and time for a new Buffalo Bills thread.

:popcorn:
I had to check to see what year this post was written in. All these offseasons seem to run together now.

Anyway, in one day we lost Poyer, Tre, Morse, and Siran Neal. It's never really a rebuild when you have #17, but those are three cornerstone players and helpful depth guy walking out the door. (Oh and also Rick Bates and Nyhiem Hines, although Hines is really not a big deal).

In one way it feels like a sad day, the end of an era.

In another way it doesn’t. These guys got paid millions to play a game, and I am all for them making whatever moves they think give them the best chance to compete.

Well then. I was occupied from around 5-11:30pm tonight. Just saw all the activity from them. Sheesh.

The reality of the end of an era of Bills football sucks. Really going to miss guys like White, Hyde, Poyer and Morse. Though with their age, play, and injuries accumulating it’s not really that these were much of a surprise outside of Morse. Morse being cut and Miller’s contract being redone are the 2 surprises of the day.

Beane has a lot riding on this upcoming draft. He’s probably going to need to have strong success drafting a receiver, at least one safety, an interior O-lineman, and a defensive lineman. That’s a lot to ask.

Well then. I was occupied from around 5-11:30pm tonight. Just saw all the activity from them. Sheesh.

The reality of the end of an era of Bills football sucks. Really going to miss guys like White, Hyde, Poyer and Morse. Though with their age, play, and injuries accumulating it’s not really that these were much of a surprise outside of Morse. Morse being cut and Miller’s contract being redone are the 2 surprises of the day.

Beane has a lot riding on this upcoming draft. He’s probably going to need to have strong success drafting a receiver, at least one safety, an interior O-lineman, and a defensive lineman. That’s a lot to ask.
Beane needs to resist the temptation to trade up this year. We need as many picks as possible to plug holes and hopefully hit on a few gems, like Milano.

Beane needs to resist the temptation to trade up this year. We need as many picks as possible to plug holes and hopefully hit on a few gems, like Milano.
You know that’s not gonna happen. Ha. Beanne will trade up at least twice.

So, now 11 picks. What is Beanne up to?
Similar to the Chiefs draft of a couple years ago. Veach rebuilt that roster with a lot of cheap roster guys knowing his cap was gonna go up. And hit on almost all of them.

If Beane can hit on some of those it sets the Bills up for the next chapter of Allen's career. The chapter 1 Super Bowl window looks to be over. Just a reset for the next phase.

I know the Bills were taking some flak yesterday, but each of those moves made sense. (I dunno about Morse)

Even the Miller deal made sense, because they needed the space, and so they added a few mill in dead cap next year to his number (I am sure he's a post-June 1 cut next year). It was not a great option, but it was best for the cap to add a little bit to his dead cap next year, and when/if they cut him, it's much easier to take than this year.

Thoughts on Dawkins, I assume he is looking for a raise as part of an extension? I am not convinced they should spend more money there, Allen doesn’t play from the pocket as much as other QBs.

But maybe he will as he gets older?

Thoughts on Dawkins, I assume he is looking for a raise as part of an extension? I am not convinced they should spend more money there, Allen doesn’t play from the pocket as much as other QBs.

But maybe he will as he gets older?
Allen can cover up some deficiencies in his supporting cast, but I think it makes more sense to invest in the offense and do what you can on D, as opposed to the other way around. The modern game seems to favor that, and you definitely see it in the playoffs when the officials allow more penalties to go uncalled -- that elite DB who can get a clean PBU with his upper-echelon ball skills isn't so valuable when they let a bunch of hand-fighting and holding go.

I don't have a strong opinion on Dawkins one way or the other. He's a very good but not elite LT. But guys like that cost money and you can't just toss them overboard and hope to plug in somebody in the draft of FA like we can at S.

Buffalo Bills WR Stefan Diggs changed his bio to a photo of him waving and said “READY FOR WHATEVER”

Awww. Diggsy-poo isn’t getting enough attention?

Buffalo Bills WR Stefan Diggs changed his bio to a photo of him waving and said “READY FOR WHATEVER”

Awww. Diggsy-poo isn’t getting enough attention?
This guy REALLY needs attention.

Next it will be “when did I ever say I wasn’t happy here”

Rinse and repeat…

Not much Bills talk these days…

One thing that is on my mind, where are all the targets going to come from for the new weapons?

Last year
Diggs - 160 - this number needs to come down?
Kincaid - 91 - probably stays about the same but could go up
Davis - 81 - these go to Samuel
Shakir - 45- needs to go way up
Cook - 54 - same or up
Knox - 36 - not sure what to do with this guy?
Harty - 21 - to wr4/rookie
Murray - 22 - some of these to Cook, some to RB2
Sheffield - 22 - to WR4/rookie
All others - 12

Seems like Diggs needs to come down to 130ish. Samuel and Kincaid could then both be around 100. 60 for Shakir and keeping Cook around the same leaves only 30ish for other WRs.

WR is a need in future but I don’t see how they get many more targets to a WR if they draft one in the first round.

I don't see Samuel coming in and getting 100 targets.

I'd think it would be more like Kincaid (100), Shakir (75), Samuel (60), and hopefully Shorter can get some play time and a few targets this year.

Welp. What a disaster of an extension to him and disaster of a trade. I defended him quite a bit, but screw him. This was obviously a forced trade.
I agree. No way the Bills would WANT to make this move. It doesn’t make sense and it hurts us in more ways than one.
This was forced (and not necessarily by Diggs)

Allen-Aiyuk….make it happen. Bill’s window is not wide open, would be a mistake relying on rookies to lead the receiving group imo.
Depends on what we have to give up but I’d like that. Doubt Cincy would want to trade us Higgins.
Wonder if any of the top 3 in this draft fall enough for us to go get them. Although this draft is so full of WR’s that I don’t want another Sammy Watkins situation where we trade up when we could’ve stayed put and got a better WR.

I feel like Xavier Worthy at #28 is where they could be looking.

Maybe Aiyuk if they deal that pick to SF (he's not coming for less than at least a late 1st) but I kinda doubt he's really available as SF's window is 2 more years until they have to pay Purdy.

Allen-Aiyuk….make it happen. Bill’s window is not wide open, would be a mistake relying on rookies to lead the receiving group imo.
It feels like the Stefon Diggs trade to Houston kills the Brandon Aiyuk trade talk now. Stefon was traded for a 2nd round pick and the 49ers won’t give BA away for a 2nd, or anything less than a king’s ransom.

I do not understand why that would kill the trade. The Bill’s have a late first rounder and could add something if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread