What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (2 Viewers)

Going off my gut I think AP wants to really shake things up at QB. I don’t see him paying $35-40 mil for guys like Cousins and Mayfield (Baker ain’t cheap anymore). And I don’t see him bringing in a lower tier QB like Minshew and calling it a day.
I think he really wants a dual threat QB. Going back to his playing days he has said in the past, those are the QBs he hated going against.
It will come down to Telesco’s final decision but AP and him have to get this right. Trading for Fields and pairing him with Getsy again could work in a new and different environment.
I also believe the Daniels talk is real but Telesco might nix that idea (no pun intended I swear).
And Russ is a very real possibility as well. As a fan I’d love nothing more than to stick it to Payton and the Broncos who are still yet to beat the LV Raiders.
Agreed. I really hope they don’t bet the farm and try to move up.

Going off my gut I think AP wants to really shake things up at QB. I don’t see him paying $35-40 mil for guys like Cousins and Mayfield (Baker ain’t cheap anymore). And I don’t see him bringing in a lower tier QB like Minshew and calling it a day.
I think he really wants a dual threat QB. Going back to his playing days he has said in the past, those are the QBs he hated going against.
It will come down to Telesco’s final decision but AP and him have to get this right. Trading for Fields and pairing him with Getsy again could work in a new and different environment.
I also believe the Daniels talk is real but Telesco might nix that idea (no pun intended I swear).
And Russ is a very real possibility as well. As a fan I’d love nothing more than to stick it to Payton and the Broncos who are still yet to beat the LV Raiders.
If we paid a dollar more than the vet min, I would be pissed if we brought Wilson in.... at vet min, I am all for it.

ETA: if we loaded it with incentives, ok, sure. No issue with that either.
He’s an utter donkey. pun intended. In every sense of the word. But he’s not dumb. Let’s say he wants to “rehab” his image. What better way to add grit to his rep, than to play for the raiders. For vet minimum. If he came in and won, his legacy would really improve. And He still gets that walmart money no matter what.

and for the record, i think he’s an absolute chooch. But he can play football.

If we paid a dollar more than the vet min, I would be pissed if we brought Wilson in.... at vet min, I am all for it.

He’s an utter donkey. pun intended. In every sense of the word. But he’s not dumb. Let’s say he wants to “rehab” his image. What better way to add grit to his rep, than to play for the raiders. For vet minimum. If he came in and won, his legacy would really improve. And He still gets that walmart money no matter what.

Hey if 4 QBs go before us, and we roll into 2024 with Super Trooper, a Rattler/Pratt pick in the mid rounds, and a Russell on a one year deal, that's not the worst thing ever.

Like all other potential players, I care about one thing... do they help us win. That takes into account things like cultural and scheme fit, locker room presence, etc. Beyond that I don't care if I personally like the guy or not. It isn't a consideration. It is all about can they help us win.

He looked absolutely cooked and done two years ago. I was convinced he was washed up. Last year, he did much better to the point that you can blame a good amount of his fall off on the horrible Hackett year. For vet min, he is absolutely worth taking a chance on and if it doesn't work, it doesn't hurt but I am not going to go out and pay him starting money at this point. You want to come and compete? Great... you got your huge ridiculous deal by a dumb organization.... now you have to show me. You get a better offer elsewhere? Fine. Good luck.

Hey if 4 QBs go before us, and we roll into 2024 with Super Trooper, a Rattler/Pratt pick in the mid rounds, and a Russell on a one year deal, that's not the worst thing ever.
That doesn't sound bad to me...shockingly... then again, Rattler on the Raiders makes me all smiley. I guess I should really watch some film on him :lmao:

Serious (kind of) question... Who would you rather watch in press conferences for the next 12 months, Russell Wilson or Jameis Winston? It's like trying to pick between the flu and food poisoning.

Serious (kind of) question... Who would you rather watch in press conferences for the next 12 months, Russell Wilson or Jameis Winston? It's like trying to pick between the flu and food poisoning.
I honestly don't watch much player press conferences. I don't find that they often have much to really say that sheds light on anything. I like listening to the coaches and front office. So, I am taking my out on answering that. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The Raiders are hiring former Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin as their new senior offensive assistant, After spending time as the Cowboys OL coach and the Ohio State senior analyst, Philbin is back in the NFL to lend experience to Antonio Pierce.
Per: Ian Rapoport

The Raiders are hiring former Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin as their new senior offensive assistant, After spending time as the Cowboys OL coach and the Ohio State senior analyst, Philbin is back in the NFL to lend experience to Antonio Pierce.
Didn’t see that one coming.
I kind of like this new approach. Going hive mind philosophy instead of one egomaniac controlling just about everything. Lots of checks and balances going forward. Should mean a lot less Damon Arnettes and Chan Jones’. It’s moves like those that keep pushing the Raiders back 3 steps after they take one step forward.

QB discussion just to keep the thread going until the combine: what say you? What should the Raiders do?

1. Sell the farm and move up in the draft to 1,2 or 3 and land one of this year’s top 3 (Williams, Maye, Daniels or ???)
2. Keep building the trenches with the 1st round pick and target a QB on day two or three in the draft. (Penix, Nix, Rattler or ???)
3. JJ McCarthy gets his own category as he’s so polarizing at the moment. Some say he’s going top 10 others are saying day 2. Trade up a couple spots if you love him, even with the possibility of him sitting for a year behind AOC.
4. Trade for Justin Fields
5. Go after Russ Wilson once he gets cut.
6. Go after another free agent vet like Cousins, Mayfield, Minshew or Winston
7. Bring back Derek Carr (joking)..

I personally like the idea of trading for Fields for many reasons:
He’s still a young and growing QB. He’s got tons of potential and has a chance to become an elite dual threat QB. In a recent interview, Getsy raved about him saying he was one of the best humans he’s been around. I believe the Getsy hiring is signaling a Fields trade. And the Raiders should get him at decent value once the Bears tell the world they’re drafting Williams, their leverage will be almost nothing. I think a 3rd rounder might do it.
Believe me Fields is not an option. Was a very rocky relationship with Getsy who for two seasons refused to alter his offense to suit Fields. Lots of blame went both ways. It was a toxic relationship. If he was an option no Raider fan should want to deal with that anyway.
It just didn't work with Getsy and Fields in Chicago. The concerning thing is that it got worse year 2 to the point Getsy was fired and the Bears will likely move on from Fields. Before the Raiders hired Getsy I was interested in Fields. Now.......no.
I don't know if you can say it didn't work... when Fields came back his play improved greatly. Would that continue? I don't know but one thing I believe strongly is that it never helps a QB to have a different OC every year.
I can't take hearing the myth that his play improved. His play has been the same for 3 seasons. Awesome athlete, great teammate, cannot sit in the pocket and dissect a defense. Extremely slow delivery, can't process reads, takes way too many sacks, inaccurate most of the time. His play didn't improve.

Agreed. I really hope they don’t bet the farm and try to move up.
I do, I'm over re-tread QB's. Go big or go home.

I can't take hearing the myth that his play improved. His play has been the same for 3 seasons. Awesome athlete, great teammate, cannot sit in the pocket and dissect a defense. Extremely slow delivery, can't process reads, takes way too many sacks, inaccurate most of the time. His play didn't improve.
I see more Bears games than I would like to being I am in the Chicagoland. Granted, usually I am not paying that much attention but on top of that... the numbers clearly show it.

Once he came back he clearly was playing better. Take out the poo of a Browns game and a lackluster he had and it is MUCH better. And that is playing behind a below average offensive line (with really only one decent lineman which you guys just cut) and not exactly a murderers row of skill position players around him. Outside of Moore and Kmet... there is not much there offensively.

So, I respectfully disagree and would be happy to give you guys a 2nd for him with a smile on my face and thank you ten times in a row.

So the Raiders have around 18 coaches right now , is that normal?

Steve Wyche seems to buy in on Fields to Vegas. As a former beat writer for the Falcons I’d think he would be one of the first journalists to promote the idea of Fields to Atlanta. On the contrary, on the NFL Report yesterday he said of the three teams (Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Vegas), Vegas was the team to watch. And the most likely landing spot.

It’s definitely unusual. They’re surrounding AP with a lot of good , experienced coaches which is a good thing IMO. I imagine if AP is successful, the staff would get smaller as there would be less of a need for Marvin Lewis and Philbin going forward.

I don't really know, and I am really interested in the structure of how the staff works. Some of these guys I think aren't going to be involved in the day to day player coaching. Philbin for instance. He and Getsy are connected from GB days.

I am sure we will get more clarity during the Combine.

I don't really know, and I am really interested in the structure of how the staff works. Some of these guys I think aren't going to be involved in the day to day player coaching. Philbin for instance. He and Getsy are connected from GB days.

They have 3 strength coaches , do they really need 3 ? I get its a team effort and if they can afford so many staff then so be it.

They have 3 strength coaches , do they really need 3 ? I get its a team effort and if they can afford so many staff then so be it.
Why are you gunning for deuce? 😂

Considering Telesco and Champ are running the FO, I wouldn't be surprised if the team grabbed a FA or two from either team.

Joey Bosa, Mike Williams are probable cut candidates. Keenan Allen is not impossible.
Austin Ekeler- Can we save 7 mill vs Jacobs, and have a nice 1-2 with Ekeler and Zamir?
Jaylon Jackson (We chose Damon Arnette instead :kicksrock:) isn't leaving CHI.
Jon Feliciano is a FA, I would love if we brought back Mongo from SF.

Seems LV feels the same way I do about Getsy and know he needs support. I hope I’m wrong but I expect a new OC in 2025.

I just saw a clip from AP talking.... he touched on how coaches need coaching and essentially building a coaching bench strength. These are things I have wondered about for a long time at the NFL level where obviously the resources are there but the staffing seems pretty rigidly.. HC and OC/DC then position coaches with maybe an assistant position coach sprinkled in and then quality control as kind of the entry level position. I have noticed over the last few years a trend of adding more positions such as 'passing game coordinator' etc.

It does appear that the Raiders are jumping in with gusto. I think that there is two parts to this at heart. First, yes, AP lacks HC or even coordinator experience other than high school HC and then his interim at HC for last year. Bringing in experienced coaches is a great way to help strengthen areas that are likely weaknesses for him now. The second part, I think, is based in the different dynamics of leadership and management. If you lean towards a manager style then you want a smaller room as it is easier to control and less staff means easier micro managing. If you favor being a leader, you want more voices in the room because you find value in that and you are not threatened by not always having the answer. Further, you empower and give autonomy to those you work with while providing a common vision, direction and reinforcing culture. Everything I pick up from AP is that he is a true leader. He doesn't have an ego that dictates that he is the man but he is more about leading the team ahead.

Last edited:
Considering Telesco and Champ are running the FO, I wouldn't be surprised if the team grabbed a FA or two from either team.

Joey Bosa, Mike Williams are probable cut candidates. Keenan Allen is not impossible.
Austin Ekeler- Can we save 7 mill vs Jacobs, and have a nice 1-2 with Ekeler and Zamir?
Jaylon Jackson (We chose Damon Arnette instead :kicksrock:) isn't leaving CHI.
Jon Feliciano is a FA, I would love if we brought back Mongo from SF.
Was Keenan Allen a Raiders fan growing up? I recall SD fans throwing hissy fits when he was wearing a Raiders hat after he was drafted

"See red. Hate red."
-AP
All the flack he’s been catching lately about “cutting the head off the snake and the body dies” stuff is absolutely ridiculous. They should change the name to MFL, Mahomes Football League.
I think I saw Florio calling it a version of bountygate which is just dumb. All he is saying is to be physical within the rules of the game, make every snap cost him. This isn't flag football. Tackling and physicality is part of the game. The QB has plenty of protections now but if you are within the confines of the game, hit him... hit him hard.... make it cost him. That is how we won against them and he is showing that.

All of this just makes me more and more convinced he is the right coach for us right now. Heck, he is the right coach that the NFL needs right now.

I think the Raiders may need to look outside the top 4 guys at QB.

They could easily go 1-2-3, and DEN is in front of us, and Sean Payton doesn't care about blowing up the future, so I could see DEN making a move. Actually, with the Russell Wilson thing, I don't think they can afford a vet QB.

They could easily go 1-2-3, and DEN is in front of us, and Sean Payton doesn't care about blowing up the future, so I could see DEN making a move. Actually, with the Russell Wilson thing, I don't think they can afford a vet QB.
I agree. I think McCarthy will go top 10 and I don't think he makes it past Denver if he does last that far.

Denver…and Atlanta….and Minnesota

Denver…and Atlanta….and Minnesota
Yep. What we really want is for these teams to sort out QB before the draft. PIT is supposed to get Wilson, but if ATL got Wilson, and MIN got Cousins back, that would only be good for us.

It is super interesting though: If you are trading down with DEN, or LV, you are missing out on the stud WRs. Those top WRs are probably the best players in the draft. Tough to pass on that.

Looks like we have our full staff...

Las Vegas Raiders 2024 Coaching Staff​
Antonio PierceHead Coach
Marvin LewisAssistant Head Coach
Matt SheldonGame Management
Offense​
Luke GetsyOffensive Coordinator
Edgar BennettWide Receivers
James CreggOffensive Line
Joe PhilbinSenior Offensive Assistant
De'Andre PierceOffensive Assistant
Rich ScangarelloQuarterbacks
Mitch SinglerAssistant Tight Ends
Luke SteckelTight Ends
Scott TurnerPass Game Coordinator
Fred WalkerAssistant Quarterbacks
Carnell WilliamsRunning Backs
Tim ZettsAssistant Offense
Table inside Article
Defense​
Patrick GrahamDefensive Coordinator
Gerald AlexanderSafeties
Mike CaldwellRun Game Coordinator/Linebackers
Andre CarterPass Rush Specialist
Matt FeeneyAssistant Defensive Backs
Rob LeonardDefensive Line
Marcus LewisAssistant Linebackers
Ricky Manning Jr.Cornerbacks
Josh PhillipsAssistant Defense
Rob RyanSenior Defensive Assistant
Table inside Article
Special Teams​
Tom McMahonSpecial Teams Coordinator
Kade RanningsAssistant Special Teams
Derius Swinton IIAssistant Special Teams
Table inside Article
Strength and Conditioning​
A.J. NeibelHead Strength and Conditioning
D'Anthony BatisteAssistant Strength and Conditioning
Deuce GrudenAssistant Strength and Conditioning
Rick SlateAssistant Strength and Conditioning
Table inside Article

Question:

If Russell Wilson is going to play for the league minimum this year (2 mill), should the Raiders not be first in line?

You might need to get creative with 2025, but he might also just be a one year commitment. I don't like him, but he can still play. And that's less than Hoyer got last year. That's half a Jerry Tillery. Getting Russell Wilson for Half a Tillery is the kind of deals Belichick would make.

Question:

If Russell Wilson is going to play for the league minimum this year (2 mill), should the Raiders not be first in line?

You might need to get creative with 2025, but he might also just be a one year commitment. I don't like him, but he can still play. And that's less than Hoyer got last year. That's half a Jerry Tillery. Getting Russell Wilson for Half a Tillery is the kind of deals Belichick would make.
I'm all in on spending whatever it costs to get a rookie QB on a rookie deal that will be our QB for the next 15 years, just say no to re-treads. The Raiders have gone the re-tread route to many times in recent history, it has failed miserably.

Question:

Wilson does make sense at the league minimum. And all he has to do is win for the fan base to accept him.
I hope they trade for Fields first but going after Wilson would be my 2nd choice.
Cousins and Mayfield will just be too expensive at this point.

Question:

I'm all in on spending whatever it costs to get a rookie QB on a rookie deal that will be our QB for the next 15 years, just say no to re-treads. The Raiders have gone the re-tread route to many times in recent history, it has failed miserably.
Reports are coming out they would have to give up 3 firsts and 3 seconds to even think about moving up to number one overall. But if they 100% believe Williams is a generational talent then I guess it would be worth it.
If Daniels is who they want at 2 or 3 then they’re looking giving 3 firsts and one second rounder.

Question:

Reports are coming out they would have to give up 3 firsts and 3 seconds to even think about moving up to number one overall. But if they 100% believe Williams is a generational talent then I guess it would be worth it.
If Daniels is who they want at 2 or 3 then they’re looking giving 3 firsts and one second rounder.
I'm good with that if we get a 15 year franchise QB to compete with the likes of Mahomes.

Question:

I'm good with that if we get a 15 year franchise QB to compete with the likes of Mahomes.

And what if they get a guy who is an utter hype machine bust? Goo-bye to everything AP might be building. Not saying Williams absolutely is that, but my spidey sense is on high red alert with that guy, and I don't exactly feel fantastic about Maye either (for vastly differing reasons). I like Daniels, but yeesh is he skinny - RGIII skinny skinny more than Lamar skinny-strong skinny. I do like JJM, but not enough to trade a farm for him either.

If none of these four fall into a spot where the trade scenario is fairly benign, I'd take a QB pass in rd 1, grab one of the 4-6 uber OTs instead, take the Rattler Snake in rd 2 or 3, and then sign @Dungeruss to a league min deal and let the Bronkies pay him to keep the seat warm for a minute for either homie AOC or the Rattler.

Looks like we have our full staff...

Las Vegas Raiders 2024 Coaching Staff​
Antonio PierceHead Coach
Marvin LewisAssistant Head Coach
Matt SheldonGame Management

Offense​
Luke GetsyOffensive Coordinator
Edgar BennettWide Receivers
James CreggOffensive Line
Joe PhilbinSenior Offensive Assistant
Rich ScangarelloQuarterbacks
Mitch SinglerAssistant Tight Ends
Luke SteckelTight Ends
Scott TurnerPass Game Coordinator
Fred WalkerAssistant Quarterbacks
Carnell WilliamsRunning Backs
Tim ZettsAssistant Offense
Table inside Article

Defense​
Patrick GrahamDefensive Coordinator
Gerald AlexanderSafeties
Mike CaldwellRun Game Coordinator/Linebackers
Andre CarterPass Rush Specialist
Matt FeeneyAssistant Defensive Backs
Rob LeonardDefensive Line
Marcus LewisAssistant Linebackers
Ricky Manning Jr.Cornerbacks
Josh PhillipsAssistant Defense
Rob RyanSenior Defensive Assistant
Table inside Article

Special Teams​
Tom McMahonSpecial Teams Coordinator
Kade RanningsAssistant Special Teams
Derius Swinton IIAssistant Special Teams
Table inside Article

Strength and Conditioning​
A.J. NeibelHead Strength and Conditioning
D'Anthony BatisteAssistant Strength and Conditioning
Deuce GrudenAssistant Strength and Conditioning
Rick SlateAssistant Strength and Conditioning
Table inside Article
DUECE!!!!!! :pickle:

Any trade that begins with the phrase, 'Three 1st rounders", I am not interested.

I am not sure this fascination with Rattler.

We really need a 6 foot QB who thinks he's special, in Las Vegas? Nahhhh. And I think 2nd round is not gonna happen either.

Any trade that begins with the phrase, 'Three 1st rounders", I am not interested.

I am not sure this fascination with Rattler.

We really need a 6 foot QB who thinks he's special, in Las Vegas? Nahhhh. And I think 2nd round is not gonna happen either.
I don’t get the Rattler hype either. Probably has to do with some East Coast bias, and I don’t mean that in a bad way.
Most of the country’s exposure to Penix was the National Championship game, probably his worst game in 2 years. If people could have watched Penix as much as those of us in the PNW they might have a different opinion (throw in Nix too).
Daniels scares me… I don’t like potentially giving up 3 first rounders for a QB that had one great year. On top of that, watching some tape on him, he takes some huge hits. He won’t last long in the NFL if he doesn’t learn some self-preservation. See Anthony Richardson and he’s much more stout that Daniels.

Last edited:
Question:

And what if they get a guy who is an utter hype machine bust? Goo-bye to everything AP might be building. Not saying Williams absolutely is that, but my spidey sense is on high red alert with that guy, and I don't exactly feel fantastic about Maye either (for vastly differing reasons). I like Daniels, but yeesh is he skinny - RGIII skinny skinny more than Lamar skinny-strong skinny. I do like JJM, but not enough to trade a farm for him either.

If none of these four fall into a spot where the trade scenario is fairly benign, I'd take a QB pass in rd 1, grab one of the 4-6 uber OTs instead, take the Rattler Snake in rd 2 or 3, and then sign @Dungeruss to a league min deal and let the Bronkies pay him to keep the seat warm for a minute for either homie AOC or the Rattler.
There are always those risks, nothing is guaranteed in life.

Question:

Yeah but there are risks and there are trading 3 first round picks and 1-2 second round picks risks. You still need to put good players around a great QB even if you pick the right QB. How often does it work when a team trades multiple 1s to go up and get a QB? It would be interesting to see all the times it happened. Not sure if these are all of them:

Niners - Lance
Washington - RGIII
Panthers - Young
Texans - Watson
Rams - Goff

And i think only one of these trades involved trading 3 first round picks to move up. Put me in the no to trading multiple 1s camp.

Question:

There’s always the chance the Pats pass on a QB and take Harrison Jr and Daniels slides a bit. I’m not saying all the way to 13 but it’s still going to take some capital to jump Denver, Atlanta and Minnesota. Could be a little cheaper.

It's minor at this point, but not a fan of nepotism. Let the kid go earn it on his own. The guy goes from a Defensive Analyst position to an Offensive Assistant? Why? He played S in high school and college, what's his nexus to offense? This stinks of trying to slide his son into the best career path. I had similar concerns with Deuce but one look at him and he's clearly a S&C guy so that passed quickly but this is something for me to keep an eye on.

Regarding Rattler, he was QB1 coming out of HS in 2019 so there's some residual hope from that. He sat behind Hurts then was solid in 2020 and was a Heisman favorite going into 2021 buy he got Kelly Bryant'd by Caleb Williams in the Texas game. (Kelly Bryant was the starter for Clemson but they had 5 star phenom Trevor Lawrence waiting in the wings so they benched Bryant the first moment the breeze shifted slightly). Transfer, 2 pretty ordinary seasons at South Carolina but it's South Carolina, let's just say he didn't play with Malik Nabors and BTJ. Rattler flashed a lot at the Senior Bowl practices and got a bunch of good press about it.

I'd be happy to take a shot on him in the middle rounds and see if he can keep developing. His story is super similar to Jaden Daniels and look where he is right now.

To my mind, the biggest problem with trading all those picks for a QB, is that you are trading up for Mahomes upside. And it is very much proven that scouting for magic/intangibles is not to be trusted.

A trade up like that says: there aren't enough QBs, and not only are there not enough, but we think for sure this guy is a perennial stud.

And I don't think either one of those things are true. For Caleb, you can make a good argument, I must say.

Get a guy you think can be Kirk Cousins good, and hope he has that clutch thing.

Trading three picks for a QB is predicting lightning strikes.

Yeah but there are risks and there are trading 3 first round picks and 1-2 second round picks risks. You still need to put good players around a great QB even if you pick the right QB. How often does it work when a team trades multiple 1s to go up and get a QB? It would be interesting to see all the times it happened. Not sure if these are all of them:

Niners - Lance
Washington - RGIII
Panthers - Young
Texans - Watson
Rams - Goff

And i think only one of these trades involved trading 3 first round picks to move up. Put me in the no to trading multiple 1s camp.
Fields was a trade-up as well, CHI gave up 2022 1st to get him. Not that HOU would have traded down but had we given a haul to move from #7 to #2 and "missed out" on Tyree I don't think anyone would be worrying about those picks one bit.

We have a very solid supporting staff currently, and if you hit on QB you'll get that back in spades in FA signings. Watch them line up to play in Houston now. Obviously we have to get the pick right but if we do the price is irrelevant. Without even delving into our own failures, check out the first round of the past 4 drafts - those are wildcard picks at best. RGIII and Lance had injuries, and if we get even Goff/Watson/Justin Fields level play out of our QB we're a playoff team and those future 1sts are even less valuable.

My huge massive personal preference is to get Fields. Give up a 2nd in a flash. Personally I'd offer a 3rd with a conditional 2025 pick and would be fine if that conditional was a 1st tied to playoff (and Fields of course) results.

It's minor at this point, but not a fan of nepotism. Let the kid go earn it on his own. The guy goes from a Defensive Analyst position to an Offensive Assistant? Why? He played S in high school and college, what's his nexus to offense? This stinks of trying to slide his son into the best career path. I had similar concerns with Deuce but one look at him and he's clearly a S&C guy so that passed quickly but this is something for me to keep an eye on.

Regarding Rattler, he was QB1 coming out of HS in 2019 so there's some residual hope from that. He sat behind Hurts then was solid in 2020 and was a Heisman favorite going into 2021 buy he got Kelly Bryant'd by Caleb Williams in the Texas game. (Kelly Bryant was the starter for Clemson but they had 5 star phenom Trevor Lawrence waiting in the wings so they benched Bryant the first moment the breeze shifted slightly). Transfer, 2 pretty ordinary seasons at South Carolina but it's South Carolina, let's just say he didn't play with Malik Nabors and BTJ. Rattler flashed a lot at the Senior Bowl practices and got a bunch of good press about it.

I'd be happy to take a shot on him in the middle rounds and see if he can keep developing. His story is super similar to Jaden Daniels and look where he is right now.
I hear ya about the nepotism. But it’s been going on for decades in the NFL. And it’s more about who you know. My dream job at one time was to be a scout but it seems like those jobs are reserved for former players, family and people who know people in organizations.
If Pierce has to fetch Getsy’s coffee for a couple years to put in time and earn it, I’m fine with it.

Users who are viewing this thread