What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Miami Dolphins: Chop, Chop !! (2 Viewers)

Miami should draft an impact IOL or OT if someone special were to fall.
I like your idea of a DL, DT-Davis is going to be a free agent and I don't expect him back, we can replace him in the draft.
Baker is already locked up at about $7M I think but don't hold me to it
Miami is going to be able to go BPA for once and continue doing it throughout the draft.
Nice thing is Miami has a bunch of corners on all sorts of deals. They have a RB locked up to a rookie deal and some "back end" guys who would love to stick around. Berrios, Cracraft, Ezuma should likely stay but I'm sure Ced will be gone or restructured for cap relief.

Gink is an interesting egg. Miami should reach out and try and make a deal for him since Ogbah will be gone.

Wilkins... Man, I just don't know. He's Ballin in this system and its not my money, but I can't see how they keep him and not be strapped againt the cap.

You hope a lot of these guys want to "run it back" without breaking our cap. I know that never really happens... You always have guys who want to be "paid" but hopefully Miami turns into New England where guys sign here to chase a ring.
Ced already restructured IIRC.

Gink needs to be retained.

Wilkins is a goner.

Hunt and Williams need to be extended as well.

I would love to see Williams slide back to his natural spot at guard and for us to draft a true Center.
FYI...Connor Williams is the #1 rated Center in the NFL, he wasn't really a hit in Dallas at Guard, Miami gave him an opportunity to showcase his talent
My hope is he's looking to play longer here
We cannot lose both Williams and Hunt so which one do you want to keep?

-Wilkins is not a goner, we could franchise tag him and at least work a trade on Draft Day, let's show a little optimism with Grier, I think he's earned it at this point.
I didn't give Chris Grier a chance in hell, sounded like a buffoon on his introduction to the media down here in Miami and I've been very slow to give him a lot of credit

Let's focus on the 2023 team, it's possible we might actually make the Playoffs and it's also possible we might take the division
I appreciate that you all post back and forth with me and YES, usually this time of year MoP is beating the drum on the draft, off season, free agents, new coaches
-But '23 feels different and I'm trying not to be so "Wet Paint!" around here
You all have made me a believer, it's why it hurts so much when they lose a close game.
Interesting on Williams.

Wilkins.....ok we franchise him.

Gotta have Hunt and Williams. But I say Van Ginkel has proven his value in this defensive scheme and Phillips won't be the same guy till 2025 IMO if ever again after an Achilles tear. That first step explosion.....jeez let's focus on now.

We have a legit shot to get to the SB.....what more can we ask for right now!!!!
I am also concerned about the long term of Phillips

I am also concerned about the long term of Phillips
Completely fair and I am concerned about his mental health after such a big injury. That being said, he is still on his rookie deal, so if he doesn't come back from this the money we "would" have paid him is now on the table for another guy of similar caliber. Also, the draft always tends to have pass rushers.

Another thing that IMHO factors into the '24 Off season is Tua's moral compass
It points at 12:00, not 11:55 if you know what I mean
And I do think he will be one of those rare athletes that understands he needs certain things around him in order to succeed but in turn will make a lot more money over the long term
Tua is likely going to get advice that he should receive at least $200M guaranteed, forget whatever the yearly avg is, it's all about guaranteed money right now for QBs

I could see Tua taking a pretty large signing bonus that is spread out and and an escalating yearly salary (gradually getting bigger) that will work well with the $255M salary cap in 2024 and the expected $285M-2025

This season it was $225M, MoP math isn't always on point but my 1st impressions when I hear those numbers are Miami will be OK.
I don't think Tua will try and hold Miami hostage, he takes his role as QB and leader on this team seriously. Of course he expects to get paid, he's earned it thus far.
But I think Tua will work with Miami and make it easy for them to pay him and make him a wealthy man
Tua has earned $30M plus endorsements since he entered the NFL, he's not poor. He comes from a humble family and background from what I know.

Money makes good people better and bad people worse, Tua is good people
Tua is family oriented from everything I have ever read and Miami is part of that family now.
Post season will also have a tremendous impact on how this team moves forward.

I hope I'm not jinxing us but there's not a lot to feel sorry about right now, it's time to be excited just about every week. Injuries are a downer, no doubt.
Miami played it pretty close with the Eagles and the Chiefs, both of those teams have good if not great DL play, maybe we'll win if we get an opp to see them a 2nd time.
You think teams want to play us right now?

1. Baltimore 10-3
2. Miami 9-3
3. Kansas City 8-5
4. Jacksonville 8-5

Wildcard Top Team right now is Cleveland 8-5, Pitt, Cinci, Hou, IND, Den and yes those Buffalo Bills are all 7-6

So my words to Tua tonight are make sure you get the ball out quick with Hunt out at RG, intentional grounding is OK, live to fight another day
Our defense is likely to shut down the Titans, can't see them scoring 20+ tonight, we don't need to press.
I would even out the run distribution until someone is the "hot hand"
Miami is a 14-pt favorite, I'll be happy if they just win 21-17, all wins are good wins right now
They slaughtered Washington last week and HIT the GAS in the 2nd Q/early 3rd building a 38-7 lead.
If they win going away tonight, great but just take care of business and don't accumulate injuries.

1-Seed on the line every week for us right now
We could separate from KC and JAX by 2 games after tonight and join Baltimore.

Connor Williams and Tyreek Hill go down on the same drive
Williams is done for the season and I don't want to discuss his future until after the season is over.
We signed him 2yr/$17M, he did a great job
He's only 26 yrs old and been in the league for 6 seasons already...kind of a great OL to have on your team.
He played all 17 games last year, started 9 games this year.

-Hill leaves but he sprints off the field and then he makes a return in the Mid 3rd, thought it was a rough night and it felt like the Titans were fighting dirty. The Vrabel interview between the 1st and 2nd was disturbing the way he was matter of fact about wanting to see how Miami passed outside the numbers without Hill...I don't want to make more of it than it was but it felt like their plan was to take out some of our stars and that just left a bad taste in my mouth all night.

1-Seed was there for the taking...another **** in the headset at critical moments in the game...burning 2nd Half timeouts is not the mark of a champion.
Up 14 with 5 minutes left, 4 minutes left, 3 minutes...and then up 27-21, no problem 2:30 minutes left, just pick up one FD with this offense, NOPE!
Tua looked pretty subpar without Hill and he also lost his Center for the season so he's going to be nervous when he throws the football now.
It looked like the old Tua out there, the one who struggles physically, the one who isn't fast enough to tuck it and run for a FD as we saw repeatedly last night, the one who takes sacks at the worst possible moment and BTW, Austin Jackson struggled last night on Tua's blind side, no Hunt next to him at RG to build a wall with.

-Everyone is going to be a little touchy in here right now, let's not start pointing fingers because it was a rough game, the opening drive watched 3 starters all get hurt at different points
First loss of the season where we thought we would easily win the game and end up losing 28-27 after being up 2 TDs late 4th, hard pill to swallow on MNF
McDaniel loses in Primetime

Did Miami lose a bunch of defensive starters as well?

Levis marched that team down the field twice and even know everyone in the stadium knew Hopkins was getting the ball they couldn't stop him.

What looked like a cakewalk before, at home vs NYJ with a WIlson who suddenly doesn't give a F* may be a bit of a problem.

Dolphins offense seems simple. If you can get pressure on Tua he crumbles. If you don't he will kill u. If your a defensive coordinator going against them you take your chances and blitz, blitz, blitz. You get burned sure, but u get a couple huge plays per game.

Did Miami lose a bunch of defensive starters as well?

Levis marched that team down the field twice and even know everyone in the stadium knew Hopkins was getting the ball they couldn't stop him.

What looked like a cakewalk before, at home vs NYJ with a WIlson who suddenly doesn't give a F* may be a bit of a problem.
3 staters out before the game, Phillips, Baker, and Holland. Then the other safety, DeShon Elliot, out the last 2 drives when Levis look like Mahomes. DC Fangio getting flak for not blitzing.

You want to be the pats who lost to Miami in the "Miami Miracle" and still won the super bowl. Greg Cote said it best on the Lebetard show: We were due for a loss to a bad team. If we are going to contend and win a super bowl we need to respond to this loss and play better, smarter, and harder. Injures are crushing us at this point of the year: The O line, the LB, the D line all had thier issues last night and that is where we are hurting. We need to control the things we can control: better playcalling, better scheming, and a dash of luck. SOme of those Levis throws had no business being caught. Kudos to D hop for still being amazing (especially in masking an apparent OPI that took away an INT from X and was then a spectacular catch).

I believe in this team. adversity should (should) make them better. Lets hope the effort overcomes the injuries.

You want to be the pats who lost to Miami in the "Miami Miracle" and still won the super bowl. Greg Cote said it best on the Lebetard show: We were due for a loss to a bad team. If we are going to contend and win a super bowl we need to respond to this loss and play better, smarter, and harder. Injures are crushing us at this point of the year: The O line, the LB, the D line all had thier issues last night and that is where we are hurting. We need to control the things we can control: better playcalling, better scheming, and a dash of luck. SOme of those Levis throws had no business being caught. Kudos to D hop for still being amazing (especially in masking an apparent OPI that took away an INT from X and was then a spectacular catch).

I believe in this team. adversity should (should) make them better. Lets hope the effort overcomes the injuries.

I wish I had your optimism, but after 30 years of seeing the same thing each year has led me to believe this is just another one of those years.

What kind of numbers do you all think Waddle might be able to put up against the Jets? I am deep at WR and thinking about sitting him for my first playoff game.

What kind of numbers do you all think Waddle might be able to put up against the Jets? I am deep at WR and thinking about sitting him for my first playoff game.
6 for 50. The oline is in shambles. I don't think Tua will have time to throw.
I think we will see Armstead and Hunt back on the OL this week. We dont have the luxury of coddling our starters after that loss. Eich at guard was starting to be decent. Eich at center is scary AF.

I think we will see Armstead and Hunt back on the OL this week. We dont have the luxury of coddling our starters after that loss. Eich at guard was starting to be decent. Eich at center is scary AF.
Agreed. I think it was one thing to "coast" vs bad teams and if they pulled it out over Tenn. they likely lose to the jets bc they'd still rest everyone. As it is (and I think McDaniel knows that results matter after last year) Miami needs a "get right" game and the Jets are playing better. I think Holland, Armstead, and Hunt play. I think Tyreek suits up as well but plays about 1/2 the Offensive snaps. This is the Waddle/Mosert/Achane game. Miami likely will not be able to run inside bc of the interior O line issues and the Jets having great DTs. So its all outside runs and Defense a go go.

I see Chubb having a monster game.

I wish I had your optimism, but after 30 years of seeing the same thing each year has led me to believe this is just another one of those years.
I agree, and I could wallow in the collective Malaise that is happening here in South Florida, but what does that get me? This team has been killed by injuries these past two years. Last year was Tua. This year (so far) has been almost everyone else BUT Tua. I don't care what team it is but if all 5 of your Oline starters have missed time you are going to have issues. The fact we have 9 wins with the discontinuity on the line is a testament to the line coaches, but there is no more room for error.

I have faith in this coaching staff. They had a let down game. Those happen to every good team. Hopefully this focuses them rather than tears them apart.

Agreed. I think it was one thing to "coast" vs bad teams and if they pulled it out over Tenn. they likely lose to the jets bc they'd still rest everyone. As it is (and I think McDaniel knows that results matter after last year) Miami needs a "get right" game and the Jets are playing better. I think Holland, Armstead, and Hunt play. I think Tyreek suits up as well but plays about 1/2 the Offensive snaps. This is the Waddle/Mosert/Achane game. Miami likely will not be able to run inside bc of the interior O line issues and the Jets having great DTs. So its all outside runs and Defense a go go.

Chubb will be playing with a chip on his shoulder - I agree. He was pretty dominant on Monday, just made one awful and likely game-deciding play. Jets OL is garbage. I think the D will carry us on Sunday, and agree that the offense will run through Waddle/Mostert/Achane. I suspect Tyreek had a pain shot at halftime on Monday which got him back into the game. Not sure if they will do that again and risk a worse injury.

Chubb will be playing with a chip on his shoulder - I agree. He was pretty dominant on Monday, just made one awful and likely game-deciding play. Jets OL is garbage. I think the D will carry us on Sunday, and agree that the offense will run through Waddle/Mostert/Achane. I suspect Tyreek had a pain shot at halftime on Monday which got him back into the game. Not sure if they will do that again and risk a worse injury.
If robbie chosen gets elevated then likely reek ain't playing. I'd like him out there as a decoy for Sauce TBH.

If robbie chosen gets elevated then likely reek ain't playing. I'd like him out there as a decoy for Sauce TBH.
Kind of baffled that Chase Claypool cannot get onto the field. He's had a month in the system now and is a prototype WR. We dont have a big WR for the goal line - the fades to Tyreek in the corner are nice but how about tossing those to a 6'4 guy rather than a 5'10 guy? Look at this guy's athletic profile. McD would be wise to figure out how to incorporate him into the game plan, even if its just red zone work. Hes 6'4 , 238 lbs with big hands, long arms, upper body strength, a 93 percentile vertical, and he runs a 4.4.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/chase-claypool

Kind of baffled that Chase Claypool cannot get onto the field. He's had a month in the system now and is a prototype WR. We dont have a big WR for the goal line - the fades to Tyreek in the corner are nice but how about tossing those to a 6'4 guy rather than a 5'10 guy? Look at this guy's athletic profile. McD would be wise to figure out how to incorporate him into the game plan, even if its just red zone work. Hes 6'4 , 238 lbs with big hands, long arms, upper body strength, a 93 percentile vertical, and he runs a 4.4.

On his third team already. He's probably just a big dummy and all of his former coaches know it.

On his third team already. He's probably just a big dummy and all of his former coaches know it.
Probably - but just a package of red zone plays is what I am talking about. Anyone can run a fade/jump ball.

I hope Miami wants to get this taste out of their mouth as bad as we do

-Should be noted that Miami started 8-3 last year and finished 9-8, backed into the Wildcard, this season we go 9-3 and then lose a game we should win, especially at Hard Rock

That's a tough schedule up ahead. One win should secure a playoff berth with all of the teams hanging around at 7-6 looking to knock each other off. The Bills schedule is soft outside of Dallas and Miami. You all might be very well looking at a game to decide the division when you play them.

I know I'm a Jets fan and biased, but I'm usually pessimistic. As we speak right now on December 13th, the Jets are underrated spoilers. They could very well give Miami fits. The Dolphins are banged up and the Jets are headed south into better weather than they're accustomed to. Beware.

I know I'm a Jets fan and biased, but I'm usually pessimistic. As we speak right now on December 13th, the Jets are underrated spoilers. They could very well give Miami fits. The Dolphins are banged up and the Jets are headed south into better weather than they're accustomed to. Beware
The 8.5 point line is way too much given Miami's injuries and an improved Zack. Tua has reverted to his 2021 form, elite when given time, bad under pressure. Last year he was good under pressure, elite with a clean pocket. With the oline injuries - our 4 best pass protectors out (maybe Armstead at 75%) and desperation to find a pass rushing replacement for Phillips (JPP and now Melvin), bringing in 1 or two 34 year old centers, Miami has no MOJO.

If Miami loses out, I won't blame McDaniel for the last 4 losses. But he and Fangio get alot of blame for the TEN loss. Fangio is good when he has good players, but can't adjust when his front 4 don't get pressure. As a DC, Flores>Fangio. We should've hired Flores!

The verdict on McDaniel is still out, but the last game getting plays in late, short-yardage play calling throughout the seadon, has him trending down. He also made a wimpy call going for a FG from the 2-yard line early in the game.

On Grier. Our 2nd round CB from 2023 can't find the field, and neither can drafted LBs from 2022 (3rd and 7th). With limited draft picks and no CAP space in 2024, some of those picks need to be contributors. Finally, owner Ross cost us a 2023 first, I think we would've drafted one of the many very good TEs. And he has cost us a 2024 3rd.

Almost time to blow it up, right @Ministry of Pain

I know I'm a Jets fan and biased, but I'm usually pessimistic. As we speak right now on December 13th, the Jets are underrated spoilers. They could very well give Miami fits. The Dolphins are banged up and the Jets are headed south into better weather than they're accustomed to. Beware
The 8.5 point line is way too much given Miami's injuries and an improved Zack. Tua has reverted to his 2021 form, elite when given time, bad under pressure. Last year he was good under pressure, elite with a clean pocket. With the oline injuries - our 4 best pass protectors out (maybe Armstead at 75%) and desperation to find a pass rushing replacement for Phillips (JPP and now Melvin), bringing in 1 or two 34 year old centers, Miami has no MOJO.

If Miami loses out, I won't blame McDaniel for the last 4 losses. But he and Fangio get alot of blame for the TEN loss. Fangio is good when he has good players, but can't adjust when his front 4 don't get pressure. As a DC, Flores>Fangio. We should've hired Flores!

The verdict on McDaniel is still out, but the last game getting plays in late, short-yardage play calling throughout the seadon, has him trending down. He also made a wimpy call going for a FG from the 2-yard line early in the game.

On Grier. Our 2nd round CB from 2023 can't find the field, and neither can drafted LBs from 2022 (3rd and 7th). With limited draft picks and no CAP space in 2024, some of those picks need to be contributors. Finally, owner Ross cost us a 2023 first, I think we would've drafted one of the many very good TEs. And he has cost us a 2024 3rd.

Almost time to blow it up, right @Ministry of Pain
Lot to digest in here but I have to say "the verdict is still out"?
-Not according to most Phins fans, I thought I was reading folks say we have our head coach for the next 10 years.
A handful of us seem skeptical and I try to enjoy the offense but we saw what the disappearance of Tyreek Hill does when they take the field
Night and Day and now we have to try and work around Williams being OUT for the season at Center, down 2-3 key starters on Defense, this team is not in good shape and we thought we were getting all our guys back for the stretch run.
Hard Knocks in Season sucks...that has been a terrible burden on Miami. Nothing good has happened since they walked in the building, I cancelled my HBO Subscription
"MoP, there's no HBO any more" OK whatever it's called

That's a tough schedule up ahead. One win should secure a playoff berth with all of the teams hanging around at 7-6 looking to knock each other off. The Bills schedule is soft outside of Dallas and Miami. You all might be very well looking at a game to decide the division when you play them.

I know I'm a Jets fan and biased, but I'm usually pessimistic. As we speak right now on December 13th, the Jets are underrated spoilers. They could very well give Miami fits. The Dolphins are banged up and the Jets are headed south into better weather than they're accustomed to. Beware.
Yeah I think the NYJs are going to give Miami trouble this weekend.

A non-healthy Tyreek is a game changer for Tua and the offense and they now have all kinds of injuries on both sides of the ball.

NYJs are playing hard, the D is legit, B. Hall is getting going, and Wilson may actually have his mind right.

I'm taking the points for sure.

Welp - took me a few days to recover from Monday night. Still pissed in maybe the worst and most brutal loss I can remember.

Up 14 with under 3 minutes to go.

1st quarter - felt like a new Dolphin player got hurt on almost every play. Losing Connor Williams is about as bad as it can get and I don’t know how they can recover and replace him. The answer is certainly not Liam Eichenberg. . .

Here’s Eichenberg in a nut shell.

Anybody care to explain what he’s doing here? Cause after watching it multiple times I can’t figure it out. IF he holds his block, Tua can run 2 yards for the first down or throw it to the TE who was open on the sideline.

And of course there’s the bad snap on the 2 yard line beginning of the game - no points
1 healthy starting Oline man by the end of the game.
Chubb throwing his helmet on the field - gifting the Titans at least 4 pts.
And what the hell was the Dolphins D/Fangio doing on the Titans last 2 drives?

Just brutal.

IF they can’t beat the Jets at home this Sunday this season is over IMO - can see the same swoon/losing streak that ended last year.

McDaniel has to get them thru this game with a W.

They are SO careful with injuries - I think they play it safe cause of the matchups they have for the week - THAT certainly bit them in the *** this past week.

Don’t care if they are nicked up - Armstead, Hunt & Holland need to man up and play this Sunday.

Chew on that Mkt Value for a bit...
Tua‘s going to get paid.

Are you suggesting they cut bait, hope to hit on drafting another QB mid to late 1st round and start over?
Nope, just jaw dropping when you see that number and you watch him incapable of making any plays on his own when they needed him vs the Titans.
Waddle can still run and catch, right? When Duper would exit, Clayton would still be more than capable of shredding defenses with Marino.
Duper and Clayton only play a few seasons simultaneously. Clayton was pretty steady but Duper would be injured or busy doing blow, kind of limited their effectiveness at times.

Connor Williams Mkt Value prior to the injury is somewhere in the $12M-$15M range per season. That's double per year what we paid him last 2 seasons.
Frank Ragnow signed a 4yr/$54M deal in '21, he was thought of highly, former 1st Rd pick. Williams was taken #50 overall. by Dallas in 2018
Williams is only 26 years old, likely has 3-4 premium years left, but he tore his ACL and I don't know too many IOL coming off major knee injury that get top dollar...

-There would be a chance he might sign a 1-yr deal here to rehab and play although I would assume he should be ready Week 1 next season?
Other teams might not mind the risk of him coming off injury and drive his market up.

I said I wouldn't discuss him until season over, I lied.
Liam Eichenberg has the final 4 weeks of the season plus any Playoff games to show what he is capable of if anything for the Dolphins moving forward.
Hunt is a Free Agent as well.

Tua‘s going to get paid.

Are you suggesting they cut bait, hope to hit on drafting another QB mid to late 1st round and start over?
Nope, just jaw dropping when you see that number and you watch him incapable of making any plays on his own when they needed him vs the Titans.
Waddle can still run and catch, right? When Duper would exit, Clayton would still be more than capable of shredding defenses with Marino.
Duper and Clayton only play a few seasons simultaneously. Clayton was pretty steady but Duper would be injured or busy doing blow, kind of limited their effectiveness at times.
I’m not putting that loss on Tua - he had 1 starting Oline man

IF I had one complaint about McDaniel it’s his refusal to run the ball - specially near the goal line.

The injury report for the Dolphins this week is not pretty.

Maybe one of these years they can draft a true Center? Eichenberg is hurt now too - so Cotton gets the start at C this week. Was thinking they’d give Uluave a shot from the practice squad but he was just waived to make room for Melvin Ingram.

Tua‘s going to get paid.

I’m not putting that loss on Tua - he had 1 starting Oline man

IF I had one complaint about McDaniel it’s his refusal to run the ball - specially near the goal line.

The injury report for the Dolphins this week is not pretty.

Maybe one of these years they can draft a true Center? Eichenberg is hurt now too - so Cotton gets the start at C this week. Was thinking they’d give Uluave a shot from the practice squad but he was just waived to make room for Melvin Ingram.
I think LB-Calvin Munson is back for his 3rd tour of duty with the Dolphins

10 - 4

Nothing better than a Jets *** whoopin.

I was nervous about this game. Credit to McDaniel and the coaching staff - down multiple starters. Loved the game plan of sticking with the running game. The DLine absolutely domintad. Chubb had a hell of a game.

Waddle definitely stepped up today.

Bring on the Cowboys - hopefully Tyreek and Holland back for the game.

FINS UP !!!

A lot of crow should be eaten in here today given the comments made in this and the game thread about how they were going to fold after last week and how the line was crazy (yea it was, it wasn't high enough). Yes it was the Jets. Yes I agree they need to actually beat a top tier team, i need to see them win 2 of the next 3 to believe they have a chance at a deep playoff run. But let's not overlook taking care of business the way they did. The Commanders suck as well and the almighty Eagles beat them by 3 in OT and by a TD is a shootout, division games are tough regardless of the opponent yet alone coming off a dejecting loss. Coaches had them ready to play, made the adjustments with the injuries and took care of business. Some credit is due.

Miami played well and their defense is another level with Ramsey. I think Fangs even changed it a bit and had 5 follow wilson all day. I guess he learned from D-hop last week.

Its fair for all of us to be looking over our shoulders at the Bills. We need to take care of our next two games to make that last one superfluous. Dallas after that beatdown is going to be locked in, but the Bills showed that you can run on that D and we like to run...

Lot to share from going to Hard Rock yesterday, the Defense was alive and just ferocious all day as they exposed a bad Jets' OL
I thought Miami's OL played well in protecting Tua, not sure they were as good on the ground game
Mostert and Achane struggled to find those gaping holes they tend to see when Connor Williams is the Center which brings me to my 1st story you won't believe

-After the game, my son and I made a bee line for the Hard Rock sportsbook, which I have some things to say about in another post
-We are at the Hard Rock Cafe bar section and a woman is wearing a Connor Williams t-shirt with his face and likeness all over the front of it and I immediately started asking questions because not very many fans would wear that. Maybe they would wear his jersey # but not something this detailed and sure enough it turned out to be his mother...
I could not stop saying nice things about him and she made a point to tell me how much she hates the media and said she never hears fans cheering him or talking him up...I said that's not true. But it's his mom and how can i argue with mom? I just thanked her and told her how much the fan base admires her son's hard work on the field

More posts coming but I wanted to share this brief encounter, thought it was interesting in light of the injury a week ago.

Miami's inactive list reads like a Pro Bowl roster

WR-Tyreek Hill
CB-X Howard
S-Jevon Holland
RG-Robert Hunt
S-DeShon Elliott

That is 75% of our starting DBs that were OUT and I would like to learn more about Holland's injuries.
Add in major injuries of late to Connor Williams, Jerome Baker and Jaelan Phillips and you wonder how Miami could have pulled off a 30-0 blowout of a division rival

Still think the offense looks constipated without Williams at center blowing open running lanes and Miami won't last long without Hill on offense.
I was happy Waddle had a big day in Hill's absence. We haven't seen him perform at a high level in a while where he makes you turn your head and notice him.
Waddle has had some dropped passes and lot of injuries that take their toll. He needs to try and avoid contact, learn how to play the NFL game within his body frame.

Chubb had a career type game on Sunday with 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, we need a lot more of those efforts. He disappears vs the better teams IMHO, maybe that will change over the coming weeks leading up to the Playoffs but he cannot lose his mind like he did on MNF throwing his helmet and partially giving the game away. And @SoBeDad is right, Chubb is having a strong year and ranks fairly high on PFF, I'm sure this will help boost his ranking on there.

Just saw that we activated Chris Brooks from IR. I dont fully understand the IR rules but I was under the impression that we could only activate one more player this season. Would this mean that Wynn and Baker are done for the year?

Just saw that we activated Chris Brooks from IR. I dont fully understand the IR rules but I was under the impression that we could only activate one more player this season. Would this mean that Wynn and Baker are done for the year?
Good question Chuck, I wonder the same thing and thought there was a limit of like 8 times throughout the season.
-I felt like Baker was done but everyone wanted to be positive about it.

On the flip side #51 David Long

1st in the NFL in run defense.

Chubb had a PFF rating of 94 for the game vs the Jets, highest rated Dolphin all day

Waddle was a 92.8
Duke Riley 90.9 and this is the 2nd or 3rd week he is stepped in and stood tall for us. Something about Fangio's system is bringing out his best quickly.
Andrew Van Ginkel 86.7 of course
Terron Armstad 83.3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread